test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapons options

grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
Few options for weapons.
All this is purely cosmetic, no need to alter the powers effects and properties.

- Asymetrical weapons : allow us to choose a different weapon in each hand (ex: an axe in right hand and a sword in left).

- Remove weapon type limitation in tailor: allow people to use a light sword skin with a heavy weapon power or a heavy weapon skin with a light sword power. And if you're motivated, allow us to do the same with laser Sword powerset (ex using a regular sword with laser powerset powers or the opposite a laser sword with with single, dual or heavy weapon power).
Currently, there is not a lot of options when you choose a specific weapon. You are stuck with skills from your power pool, and you do not have a lot of choice. If you can apply all melee weapons skin type to all melee skills, you have a lot of new possibilities.
I' m perfectly aware that kind of things could cause some clipping issues with some combinations of skills, weapons and characters models but it will not be a rule so let it to players appreciation.

- Include a slider for weapon size in tailor to modify (slightly, no need to exagerate it) the lengt and size of your weapon

-Weapon texture: allow us to choose the texture of our weapon. Leather, cloth, metal in a first time and more exotic options if you are motivated (darkness, fire, psy, thunder, ice, energy and whatever you think would be cool).

- More esoteric symbols for mystic ranged powers. You get a good idea some time ago, allow us to use a specific symbol with some of our powers.
The problem is that the very few symbols at our disposal are really really cheap. If someone want to say sh%tty, i will not contradict. So, as i know you like the smell of money, do not hesitate to sell new symbols packs for zen. And while you 're at it, expand the list of powers who can trigger it.

Some of these things have already been suggested in the past by various people some not, but considering PW current agenda seems to ruin people's theme (rip Form of the tempest and tk maelstrom), it seems the perfect time to propose something to help to reinforce players theme.

Comments

• Options
    layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User
    I really like this idea! The weapon options are very limiting and the only way to resize your weapons right now is to play with the hand sliders.

Unfortunately, the way the did the graphics for the laser sword means they can't swap in other weapons for that powerset. The weapon skin only applies to the hilt and the blade is part of the power animation. But for all the other sets I don't see why this can't work. I'd love to be able to wield two giant scythes on Ragged Reaper ^.^
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    This would be really cool! Especially the asymmetric option and removing the type limitation. I'd like to use the Alien Organic Axe as a heavy weapon for one!
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Consider CO spaghetti code and Tech issues, i dont think any of these can happen (except of the weapon slider)

ESPECIALLY asymmetric weapons and weapon material, not gonna happen, weapons are bound with the powers which are using them​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

- Include a slider for weapon size in tailor to modify (slightly, no need to exagerate it) the lengt and size of your weapon

I would like that, rather than how it is now, included in the hand sliders.

I have also recently found the need for a whip instead of a long chain. Skins for those powers would be nice.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    grievehartgrievehart Posts: 192 Arc User
    I have absolutly no clue about how things are internally coded.
    What i know is that when you choose a power in powerhouse, if it is a power using a heavy weapon, then the tailor allows you to choose a heavy weapon skin.
    That skin is selectable in a list of skins which have been tagged as heavy.
    Now consider this. What if you add to this list a light weapon skin, which is a complete clone of the skin existing in the single light weapons list, exept this one is tagged as heavy.
    Then this weapon, which is a light weapon, will become selectable in the heavy weapons skill list.
    Not sure if i am clear, so i'll take an example.

Take the knife model in weapons skin database.
    Suppose that skin is called: "knife" and tagged as light weapon, so it is usable with martial arts powerset.

Now create a new weapon, wich is exactly the same skin as the above knife, exept it is called "knife B" for example. Now tag this skin as a heavy weapon and in theory "knife B" will be selectable in tailor for heavy weapons power.

Apply this to every weapon, and in theory, all weapon skins will be selectable in both light weapons powers and heavy weapons power. And in some way you removed weapons limitations whithout altering anything, you just added clone models in tailor lists.

Again, i have no clue about how things are coded and works in reality.
    But i doubt it is more complicated than copy, paste, rename, tag as heavy instead of light or light instead of heavy, and run.