test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/22/2017

Comments

• Options
    tangent90tangent90 Posts: 65 Arc User
    This is appreciated, but would be much nicer if the UI remembered the size and position when you close and reopen the team-up window. A semi-transparent background would also be good.
    kaizerin said:

UI

• The Raid UI for open missions team up has been redone. This window can now by resized and moved around on your screen.
    ​​
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User

And again, another unique, interesting set laid flat with the nerfroller... made just as unremarkable an uninteresting as all the other melee..... plus nuking the only well working AO in the game... What's the goal here? Slightly Above Average Citizens that Bitterly Remember being Champions Online?

Oh calm down.
  • Options
    hugoguerrerohugoguerrero Posts: 27 Arc User

Aspect of the Bestial is NOT giving Enraged! stacks while Deep Wound is active

bug

As you can see in the image Wild Thing triggers after "trying" to apply a bleed effect from Shred attack, however Aspect of the Bestial doesn't give me a stack after trying to apply a bleed effect

@kaizerin

Ofc it won't give you enrage, you have Deep Wound active. it prevents you from applying anymore bleeds.
    Of course i know you can't apply bleed effects during Deep wound, trying to apply a bleed a effect is what triggers aspect of the bestial and give you stacks same with the EU Wild thing, before this patch i didn't have this problem,now using Eviscerate will mean losing all your enraged! stacks considering its duration
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    I know right!? What would a nimble psychic ninja need with dexterity anyway?
    It's not like you'd have to be agile and adept with your hands to use ghostly mind blade martial arts. Ego! Ego is all you need! Just believe in yourself hard enough and you'll be the greatest mind swordsman who ever lived!!

• Options
    dpglerchdpglerch Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin said:

Added healing to the scoreboard points.

​​
    About time healers got some credit on this one, good move
  • Options
    venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've been playing off and on since beta as a sliver, then gold member. I finally decided to get a lifetime subscription at the beginning of this year because I don't get a ton of time to play the way I want. I suffer from ALTitis severely, as well. Every time they redo the powers, I lose a character that I can use whenever I get a chance to play because I don't have much time to respec. When given the chance, I can jump in the game for about 1-3 hrs, sometimes twice a week. Often times, a character I'm focusing on gets hit with the power change so I decide to go with another because going through the respec process is so time consuming, but I always had my main to fall back on for in-and-out game sessions. NOW my main will be added to the list because of ONE power, Ego Surge! (I also have a TK build that was my second fav after my alt who will be in limbo as well)

This is why I think respeccing characters should always be free. Most players can't keep up with how often they are forced to make a trip to the power on any given day. Along with that, they should make a way for you to keep your full build and plug in whatever new/changed powers you must readjust. There are times where I've gone a few months without playing just to come back to a forced respec, where I can't remember the exact order of powers, advantages, etc that I had on that particular character. Perhaps if they did a snapshot window of the char build that you can pull up as you're redoing your toon, that would be helpful.

"Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Swordsmanship is about several things. Skill and technique are more important than strength and agility. Plus, it depends on the sword. A mind sword would have zero weight and need minimal movement to slice through people. Someone who was physically weaker would do better with construct swords over a real sword, which has weight. Sure, being in shape would still be important, but skill and technique would be far more so. Plus, dex gives crit chance, which is more about perception and exploiting weaknesses than being fast.

Ninjas were spies. The whole point in spying is to get information not hack people to bits. It's hard to be a spy when you draw attention to yourself by attacking people.

Anyway, this update was a mixed bag. The TK changes don't look anywhere near as awful as people want to claim. The glaring downside is the removal of Ego as the form stat. Kinda seems like a lot of people aren't reading the tool tips. TK Assault has the same damage bonus that Soul Beam has but with Leech stacks instead of curses / enchants. Seems like the single target ranged damage is similar, but TK used a third power for the rotation and has a bit more set up. Stress is also 3x8% now, which is higher than 18% from Hexed.

The new raid frames need a lot more work. Red Winter is mildly more annoying. I don't care about emotes. I like individual costume bits as I can choose not to get all of the icky bits and save globals.

If you have a hard time with DPS after the Ego Surge nerf, perhaps you should learn how to build better or get some better gear. Or actually use the Team Up button to get some nice auras in team content.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    EGO scaling form for TK = You shape the blades with the power of your mind

DEX scaling form for TK = You shape the blades with your own hands like a play-doh statues, except the play DUH is Jello

Don't get me wrong I like DEX scaling for MELEE form, since I had been using a DEX primary TK DPS for 5 years

For ranged TK however? HELL NO! It should have been EGO, I refuse to change my ranged TK builds and stack DEX instead of EGO
    Screw that, I consider Mental Precision a Bastardization and Deviations of the framework theme, thats why i going to stick with Concetration and Chilled form

Why are the devs fascinated with making all new range toggle DEX scaled? i know that that DEX is great primary DPS spect for both range and melee but COME ON NOW

Why all the new toggle we get only scale with 1 stats instead of TWO? you know if those forms scaled with either DEX or EGO it would be fine but NOPE, no choices allowed! WHY?

I DON'T care for EGO SURGE getting nerfed, because honestly it was OP and I have good DPS character without even using AOs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

everyone and their mothers were exploiting it so it was moving red flagged

I DO CARE HOWEVER when i have to retcon 7 characters who had been using Ego Surge and Im stuck 6 hours inside a powerhouse going back and forth the rooms, opening bookmarks and trying to remember if i got the build right

and when TK Maelstorm turned from Telepathy debris to Jello spamming skill
    and that Telepathy(power) didn't even got touched in the whole revamp​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    kurskikurski Posts: 25 Arc User

If you have a hard time with DPS after the Ego Surge nerf, perhaps you should learn how to build better or get some better gear. Or actually use the Team Up button to get some nice auras in team content.​​

My only comment to this is no one is less of a builder cause they thought the rest of the other AO's under perform which they do be honest dont sit here like a chief puffing on a pipe. Dont sit there and say people cant build just cause a good AO was nerf to dumb that they cant build. The set was a mess in the first place now its usind stats that are pointless in the set up and its a mix of ok and garbage.
  • Options
    venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    sterga said:

Actually, I don't make power builds I make themes and that power fit that character's theme. Now it doesn't work with the other powers I have and even if it did, I'd STILL be forced to respec because of one power. The beauty I find in this game is being able to create a hero that fits your play style, so I don't care about min/maxing, obtaining the best gear, or teaming up. If I worried about making a better build, I'd just do a search online and copy someone else's.

"Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BUG: Soul Vortex's Advantage applies Dependency to SELF instead of target

haha

@kaizerin
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BUG: Soul Vortex's advantage applies dependency to SELF instead of target

hgs

@kaizerin
  • Options

text

Can't post images now?, anyway check the image copying the link above

@kaizerin
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User

I concur
    avianos wrote: »
    Live: Bug: Darkness -> Soul Vortrex - Sould Drain ADV

The stacks of Dependecy are applied to your own self, on the Debuff row
    It can stack high

IZ3RTTZ.png

The Depedancy debuff is called from Soul Vortrex is tagged as Ebbing Lifeforce

z8fHHH5.png
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    raighn said:

Revert the stupid and pointless visual bulldust done to TK maelstrom... before it was one of the only 2 TK powers that actually felt like telekinesis. If you wont revert the change, then at least add an Earth version with the real rocks.

I think this is the only realistic solution they can give us, put the old power in Earth framework so we can keep pulling rocks from the earth and tossing them out.
    This power is one of my more useful AOE interuppts/stuns, so I want to keep it.
    But not the current version, I don't want holographic rocks.

In any case, I'm going to hold off respeccing my character, as I'm not a fan of doing it.
    At least, until I see how this dispute is approached/resolved.
    It's not like I am playing the game and need to use the character........

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Both of my TK (one melee and one ranged) had Dex before the changes, to stack up crit chance, So really, the form changes aren't an issue with me.

My ranged TK is able to toss TK Lances with full Ego Leech stacks much faster, so I believe her DPS should go up. And her energy flow is just as well (maybe better, as it's more even) so she can handle tossing more TK Lances. I still need to finish my melee TK user, but I expect similar with EBAs at full strength.

Ego Surge's Nimble Mind advantage nerf isn't so much of a big deal to me, because I didn't rely on it. Typically only used it during open missions and really only if I remembered to hit it in between my attacks.

I'll agree that the visual change to TK Maelstrom is sad, and I hope the devs consider making an Earth version that's the same as how it used to be (like they did with some of the Sorcery powers they changed).​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    venemesis said:

Actually, I don't make power builds I make themes and that power fit that character's theme. Now it doesn't work with the other powers I have and even if it did, I'd STILL be forced to respec because of one power.

Unless the power got removed, you aren't forced to respec. You'll lose a bit of dps, but the character will still function, and caring about the dps difference is the kind of thing power builds care about, not theme...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    BUG: Scything Blade's advantage, Swallowtail Cut, DOES NOT trigger Focus from Form of the Swordsman,
    this prevent getting focus stacks when using the attack on Super Villian or higher, AND have to be used TWICE on Villian or lower to get a focus stack

@kaizerin
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    BUG: TK Maelstrom's rock constructs are not colorable. They retain the magenta color, despite whatever color is chosen for the power. That color will still tint the "psychic flame" effect.
    Please fix so that the rock constructs are same/similar color to what is chosen by player.stack

@kaizerin

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Follow up on the missing Upload travel power: The emergency patch brought this power back into the travel trees. If you logged onto a character who used it while it was missing, the game should have refunded you your travel point and advantages. When you log back in you'll have to re-purchase the power.​​

Yep, it reappeared and I've got it slotted again. Thank you for the quick fix!
    for those complaining about the single costumes. That's what it was before whole costume drops.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    If you want the old version of TK Maelstrom to return, please consider supporting this power proposal:
    Earth Maelstrom

@gradii
    I've been playing Star Trek Online, Transformers Earth Wars and Fallout Shelter.
    When Champions Online has lost favorite ranking to iPad games, that's really is a cause for concern.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    I am fine with the new version of TKM, but I want the power fully tintable. My TK heroes use teal and blue, not pink.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

I am fine with the new version of TKM, but I want the power fully tintable. My TK heroes use teal and blue, not pink.

Is he named Hellspont? :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    I haven't delved into the whole powerset changes thing for my TK toons so I can't comment yet. I am guessing I will just adjust and it will be OK but I don't have a melee EB toon either.

I don't mind the Ego Surge nerf because it was ridiculously OP by comparison. I will have to rectal-con many toons but that's my own fault for using ES as a crutch, sorta (tho just like almost everyone else). Side note: Imbue still sucks and the numbers are outright fabrication. Please someone prove me wrong (seriously I hope its just me because that bugs me). I got FEWER crits with Imbue almost every time I parsed it. Even less than my base crit %. Seriously.

However, I am puzzled by the lockbox. Worst. Lockbox. Ever.

The last two lockboxes really haven't blown my skirt up with their contents so I am wondering if this is going to be a trend. Since I don't collect costumes automatically for complete sets there is no apparent reason for me to buy lockbox keys as there is nothing in them that I want. Maybe ever, if this is the new style of lockboxes and the old ones either don't return or get changed. And I am a lazy player that will buy something rather than grind for it if I can. No good gear? Heck with it.

Grinding doesn't make money from me. Lockboxes did. A few hundred Gs for power unlocks in the AH now is all I will need to concern myself with. It seems strange to me that they nerfed their own cash flow. I am likely not the only one like this, slowly putting my wallet away. (shrug)
  • Options

I examined the power tinting, there is a ring around the holorocks that can be tinted, but that is it.
    In the prior version, there was a band of psienergy around the physical rocks in the same place, but I didn't notice if that could be tinted.
    My Earth character uses Red (for lava) and as the band was quite minimal, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between firered and psipink.

• Options
    BUG: Old Action Figures are missing from the Z-Store???

text
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    chaelk said:

for those complaining about the single costumes. That's what it was before whole costume drops.

I know, which is why I'm complaining. I hated the old system and was very happy with the new system. If we hadn't had the new system there wouldn't be any complaints because I wouldn't have realized how less painful collecting costume parts could be.
  • Options
    opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I don't get it. What's so bad about the separate costume drops? I'm finding it much easier to get all the costume pieces I want than I did when they all came together in one drop. Before, my chances of getting something I wanted out of a lockbox seemed so low that I quit bothering to open them. Now I get costume pieces out of them all the time. It almost makes me wonder if people are complaining just to complain.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    opalflame said:

I don't get it. What's so bad about the separate costume drops? I'm finding it much easier to get all the costume pieces I want than I did when they all came together in one drop. Before, my chances of getting something I wanted out of a lockbox seemed so low that I quit bothering to open them. Now I get costume pieces out of them all the time. It almost makes me wonder if people are complaining just to complain.

I don't have any reason to open lockboxes. Now it's all about saving money and buying off pieces of the costume instead, as you have to go through the chance of getting the costume box and then the chance of getting the right costume you want. Not to mention how pricy that becomes as all parts are differently set, which reminds of how expensive the lockbox emotes have become.

The last few lockboxes weren't enjoyable for me at all. I've gone from owning most lockbox costumes to not even feeling like buying the pieces.
  • Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    On a different note, I am enjoying *most* of the TK changes, noteworthy hating what has been mentioned a hundred times: complete lack of Ego scaling or even just interaction on the set (with the exception of the damage scaling of ranged to melee and the powers that boost ego- ironically making it better for you to not have Ego due to D.R.), no longer the old rock-y visual to TK Maelstrom and the death of Ego Blade Breach (as there is no need to refresh ego leech & stress, as long as you use Annihilation/Lance before or while at 5 stacks, your chance to apply both are doubled, not needing to refresh stress, while Ego Leech is re-stacked anyways as that's how the TK ruptures work).

The damage is great and it feels good to keep using powerful ruptures (both melee and ranged), althought Ego Blade Annihilation's animation could use some work and the Ego Weaponry combo sound effect sounds really off now, for me, on the second hit.

Still got to figure out what to do since some of my melee themes really don't fit dex. Oh well.

Hope the touch to Unarmed is a good revamp, and that it fixes Thundering Kicks dodge buff from disappearing if you block while using the combo to refresh. The Form of the Tempest change really doesn't hit me and it wouldn't even if I had a non two-swords user with it, but that's just me. If anything I'm glad my two-swords aren't doing the shaolin ready emote and are indeed using their swords.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    The main problem is that they could easily do it both ways. I.e. make the complete costume available as a rarer drop and the individual pieces as more common drops. They said the change to individual drops was an experiment. I am hoping that they will want to continue to experiment by trying out this suggestion.
    opalflame said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    If the old per piece sets are any indications, the newer sets will enter the collector's store as full set only buying option. So, all you need to do is wait and get a voucher.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    also, why not trade extra pieces you have for pieces you want?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Aspect of the Bestial is NOT giving Enraged! stacks while Deep Wound is active

bug

As you can see in the image Wild Thing triggers after "trying" to apply a bleed effect from Shred attack, however Aspect of the Bestial doesn't give me a stack after trying to apply a bleed effect

@kaizerin

Ofc it won't give you enrage, you have Deep Wound active. it prevents you from applying anymore bleeds.
    This pretty much stagnates AoTB enrage builds cause it's either, keep stacks up and enrage or Eviscerate and lose your stacks, it still should refresh after 'Attempting' Bleeds, not sure if intended but it's ruining pure bleed builds synergy.

Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Because I'd rather get the whole set all at once. Easier for me that way.

also, why not trade extra pieces you have for pieces you want?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Glad to see the nonsense of the Ego surge advantage gone.

Although power standardization is getting troublesome... Ego Blade Breach losing its breach aspect is really sad. Now it seems useless, or good for its looks. The Enrage synergy is pointless since it scales off EGO.

TK Maelstrom being psionic makes it more in-line with the rest of the set visuals, but PLEASE make a copy of it with the old visuals in the Earth powerset (and maybe change the advantages to fit earth?)

• Options
    I wish the psychic stone constructs were tintable. I don't like that my various TK Maelstrom users get pink rocks, despite the rest of their TK being blue, green, purple.

• Options
    spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    avianos said:

Oh my god... those visuals are awful

The default colour is wrong, it's more purple than pink

So my earth mage character is stuck with those Jelly rocks until EARTH gets a revamp

Not happy about it in the slightest

at least the power doesn't cost Ultimate-levels of energy cost managment

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

• Now deals Ego Damage instead of Crushing.
    • Adjusted the rock FX to have psionic material to fit the ego damage type.
    I knew that was horrible news even before I went ingame to see how it changed:

I was using that power specifically because it pulled rocks from the ground, which suited the Earth Controller theme of this character.
    Now I've got to take it out because the damage type and material don't match the theme anymore.
    This character did not qualify for a respec token because of the changes, so I'm losing one of those as well.

In case the power gets a review pass later, add a 0 point advantage that restores the old version.
    I feel ya.
    It is a cheap, visually much inferior version of its former self and really, just unnecessary (‘TK-charged rocks’ – for which the original was perfect for – would’ve fit the dmg type change just fine). “Draws telekinetic constructs and flings”… I can’t even begin... just, ugh.:(

Tooltip should’ve been adjusted accordingly to jello or something like, pink potatoes that hit with carb damage. Fitting, considering how many people will be dropping this power like it’s a hot little potato. #PassTheSalt

Maelstrom my old friend, we’ve been together since day one, but I’m afraid we must now part ways. You will be missed. Now, if y’all excuse me, I think I got something in my eye…

• Options
    avianos said:

So my earth mage character is stuck with those Jelly rocks until EARTH gets a revamp

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I was using that power specifically because it pulled rocks from the ground, which suited the Earth Controller theme of this character.
    Now I've got to take it out because the damage type and material don't match the theme anymore.
    This character did not qualify for a respec token because of the changes, so I'm losing one of those as well.

In case the power gets a review pass later, add a 0 point advantage that restores the old version.
    I feel ya.
    It is a cheap, visually much inferior version of its former self and really, just unnecessary (‘TK-charged rocks’ – for which the original was perfect for – would’ve fit the dmg type change just fine). “Draws telekinetic constructs and flings”… I can’t even begin... just, ugh.:(

Tooltip should’ve been adjusted accordingly to jello or something like, pink potatoes that hit with carb damage. Fitting, considering how many people will be dropping this power like it’s a hot little potato. #PassTheSalt

Maelstrom my old friend, we’ve been together since day one, but I’m afraid we must now part ways. You will be missed. Now, if y’all excuse me, I think I got something in my eye…

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

Corrected the cost on this power as it was using an outdated formula. Cost has gone up a bit.

Slightly lowered damage to keep the overall cost down.

Corrected max charge for this power from 2 seconds to 1.83.

Now deals Ego Damage instead of Crushing.

Adjusted the rock FX to have psionic material to fit the ego damage type.

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.

• Options
    avianos said:

tilarta said:

Telekinetic Maelstrom

I feel ya.