test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170531.15 - Power Changes/Lockbox

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Please post all Telekinesis feedback here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1208644/telekinesis-changes-discussion-thread

Please use this thread for any of the other changes.

Lockbox
  • Added preview images for many items.
  • Added female versions of the Alien Armor costume.
  • Added Futuristic Tights, Transmitters and Feet costumes.
  • Added Cultros loyal sidekick.

Misc
  • Added Supersensory gear to the debugger.
  • The Patriot store should actually be visible now. Liberty Guard is located at the typical event contact area.

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where some instances of Ego Leech in tooltip text was replaced with Mental State.
  • Removed the Egomaniacal advantages from Ego Blade Annihilation, Telekinetic Lance and Telekinetic Assault as they were having trouble triggering properly and didn't add much to the powers.

Telekinetic Strike
  • Fixed a bug where its Siphoning Strikes advantage only worked up to 25ft.

Telekinetic Assault
  • Removed self root.
  • Lowered damage slightly to account for free movement.

Mental Discipline
  • Updated charge animations for both versions.
  • Fixed a bug where the Id blade version always kept its weapons out.

Form of the Tempest
  • Updated the charge animation for this to be a dual blades version instead of unarmed.

Telekinetic Maelstrom
  • Corrected max charge for this power from 2 seconds to 1.83.
  • Slightly lowered damage to bring down the cost of this power.

New Power: Ego Blade Pandemonium
  • Ultimate
  • Toggle
  • Deals damage in a small area around you.
  • Can be used alongside other attacks.
  • Critical Strike chance increases for every stack of Ego Leech.
  • Ranking up this power causes the blades to deal less damage individually, but causes the power to hit more frequently.
  • Advantage: Snares targets.
  • Advantage: Additional threat.
​​

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    No legion gear in the latest lockbox?

you got some agenda about removing legion gear to try and make people grind out GCR more?
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Please revert FotT animation back to unarmed. Many people take it who don't use dual blades. Don't ruin the look.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Please revert FotT animation back to unarmed. Many people take it who don't use dual blades. Don't ruin the look.

To be fair, though, it IS from the Dual Blades set. But, I understand the concern.
    ​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Form of the Tempest
    Updated the charge animation for this to be a dual blades version instead of unarmed.
    I dislike this for the reasons stated, too many builds use FotT

Now you will force us to use imaginary weapons to hide the weapon visuals like Form of the Tiger
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    I don't see the issue when it's on a toggle form. It could, however, just be a 0 point advantage if it's such a big deal.
    edited June 2017
    lunnylunny wrote: »
    I don't see the issue when it's on a toggle form. It could, however, just be a 0 point advantage if it's such a big deal.

0 points adv are the spawn of devil and DEVs hate them because they break the code
    we will never see new 0 points advs​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I toggle my form on once every never. Does anyone really pay that much attention or even need to turn their form on often?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    sterga said:

I toggle my form on once every never. Does anyone really pay that much attention or even need to turn their form on often?​​

Well if people are bringing this issue up then apparently so..
    What people say and what people do isn't the same thing.​​
    Well, whenever I die at a cosmic it happens. That is absolutely not an uncommon occurrence for me and others.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yes, you generally activate forms every time you respawn, and also every time you exit a vehicle, if you use one.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Simple solution; get invisible weapons. What I do with form of the tiger. It's really a non-issue.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    > @championshewolf said:
    > Simple solution; get invisible weapons. What I do with form of the tiger. It's really a non-issue.

Kinda sucks for the people who don't have the invisible weapon skin yet. They gotta wait til next foxbatcon.
  • layenelayene Posts: 63 Arc User

Simple solution; get invisible weapons. What I do with form of the tiger. It's really a non-issue.

Very simple, just wait until next Foxbatcon, unlock the invisible weapon skin, change every costume slot on every character than uses FotT. Gee thanks. ^.^

/sarcasm
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    And, of course, this is completely disregarding that Form of the Tempest is the proper Form power for unarmed martial arts as well. Oh, sure, unarmed has Form of the Master, but, well, that power only works if you're running around with LR -and- you're either solo or have enough threat generation to be the center of attention. My LR tank discarded FotM a long time ago and never looked back; FotT is vastly more reliable.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Power Changes

Fixed a bug where some instances of Ego Leech in tooltip text was replaced with Mental State.
    Removed the Egomaniacal advantages from Ego Blade Annihilation, Telekinetic Lance and Telekinetic Assault as they were having trouble triggering properly and didn't add much to the powers.

Will Egomaniacal be fixed in future or is it gone for good?
    layene said:

Very simple, just wait until next Foxbatcon, unlock the invisible weapon skin, change every costume slot on every character than uses FotT. Gee thanks. ^.^

/sarcasm
    It's a costume unlock which means it's account wide. And honestly, what excuse do you have for missing it? It's been there at least 3 years in a row.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

layene said:

/sarcasm
    It's a costume unlock which means it's account wide. And honestly, what excuse do you have for missing it? It's been there at least 3 years in a row.
    I just never imagined an absurd event costume unlock would become so essential. I guess that's what I get for thinking.
    layene said:

I just never imagined an absurd event costume unlock would become so essential. I guess that's what I get for thinking.

No, thinking would have made it pretty obvious that imaginary weapons had a lot of potential.

layene said:

No, thinking would have made it pretty obvious that imaginary weapons had a lot of potential.
    I saw their potential, just didn't think it would become essential. So, I figured I'd wait to get them when I had a use for them as there are so many other things to acquire in this game. Thanks for the friendly advice though ^.^
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    On a slightly different topic: I ran some scaling tests with the alien armor pieces on a female character, and am happy to report I didn't find any distortion or clipping issues.
    Despite having played this game for too many hours and having used almost all the forms at some point, I couldn't tell you what most of the animations look like. I kind of doubt most people pay much attention when toggling forms back on especially in the middle of a Cosmic fight when the focus would be on hurry up to get back.​​
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    @kaizerin Currently on live, if you have ONLY the Form of the Tempest power and no other Dual Blade powers, you are unable to change weapon skins (which makes sense since the power currently doesn't show weapons). Please let us do so, as I would like to switch my weapon skin to the invisible weapon.

I would test this on the PTS, but as of the moment I'm posting this, I cannot log into the PTS.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    What about people who...

...Started after the last Foxbatcon?

...Didn't get it because, at the time, they didn't know they'd need it to make their form suit their character theme several months later.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    @kaizerin I have a question, will you add a new Telekinesis ranged archetype to the Zen Store when the powerset review goes live?​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User

They didn't say anything about it not unlocking account wide. They mentioned having to change every costume slot on every character who uses the power. Which would be quite annoying for people who are worried about this, probably, and could potentially be expensive (I guess it would end up being about 1G per 2 costumes fixed).

Personally, I really don't care about this. I think the Form animation as-is with the lettering graphic, etc., is pretty goofy, but I'm with sterga--who cares, it's a form. They could change it to literally any animation they wanted and I would still take it for characters who need that mechanic in their builds.

BUT, for people who do care about such things, "change all your costumes" is a pretty crap workaround.
    edited June 2017
    what don't you guys get? its about theme and aesthetics
    suddenly having your character poping two swords out of nowhere breaks the immersion

I cannot speak for myself since I own all imaginary weapons years now (obviously this is not a problem to anyone in the thread who owns them, am I right!?) but this will be just cruel to new members and people who missed Foxbatcon... you know once per year event

my only suggestion for this, try to use daggers or really small MA blade weapons until the next Foxbatcon
    kallethen wrote: »
    @kaizerin Currently on live, if you have ONLY the Form of the Tempest power and no other Dual Blade powers, you are unable to change weapon skins (which makes sense since the power currently doesn't show weapons). Please let us do so, as I would like to switch my weapon skin to the invisible weapon.

I would test this on the PTS, but as of the moment I'm posting this, I cannot log into the PTS.

This will be extremely inconvenient
    this will force me to retcon one single power to single/dual blade, change the weapon skin into imaginary and then get the last power back

On lvl 40 characters this will be price, at elast 13 G (if the last power is rank 3)​​
    edited June 2017
    I just remembered, The FIST AT is using Form of the Tempest but is 100% pure unarmed AT and has no access to single/dual blades

:|

You see the problem here?​​
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User

layene said:

/sarcasm
    Having a RL
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

I just remembered, The FIST AT is using Form of the Tempest but is 100% pure unarmed AT and has no access to single/dual blades

:|

You see the problem here?​​

I must admit, this is pretty terrible. Someone gets an unarmed AT, and then busts out two swords when activating the form . . . wonders, "Which power gives me sword attacks?"

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    sterga said:

Every time you use a vehicle, so yes.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    The nice thing is that they fix to the FotT animation issue is not to get invisible weapons in 10 months, it's to leave it as is atm. If anything, just get rid of the Chineses(?)/Japanese(?) characters.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kallethen wrote: »
    Just to clear some stuff up, on PTS, you can edit your MA weapon even if FotT is your only MA power.

Edit:

Is it possible to detect if the player has other Dual Blade powers and only show the swords if they do?​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    BUG: Sonic Device is no longer working properly - it's not triggering with any of my ranged gadgeteering powers (EB, ESB, Pulse Beam Rifle, or anything else...)
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Weapons show up in the tailor if a power calls a customizable version of the weapon.

I am not able to repro Sonic device not working. Any specific steps?​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Difficult to say - it's a fairly straight Gadgeteer pistols build with Quantum Stabiliser passive. Looking at the Combat log it is doing damage but those numbers aren't being shown on screen, it's not playing the on-hit animation and the stun effect is not being applied. Only quirk is this build has the Death Ray advantage on Experimental blaster, otherwise should be straightforward...
    Live Lance Rain isn't rupturing Ego Leech stacks. I imagined it was the change planned, but the power has a huge wall of text mentioning how it does rupture ego leech stacks.

Having a RL

Ah yes, the fallback excuse for something that doesn't take long to get with only mediocre investment each time the event comes around.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I found a bug with Master of the Mind. Sometimes it failes to activate and enters a cooldown of 30 seconds after attempting to use it again after it has finished recharging.​​
    I'm told that lance rain is intended to be updated but the updates weren't ready in time for the patch.

I found a bug with Master of the Mind. Sometimes it failes to activate and enters a cooldown of 30 seconds after attempting to use it again after it has finished recharging.​​

I believe that's the same thing you see with Ice barrier, where the power shows you a different cooldown than the actual one, so when you see it "ready", it's actually still on cooldown, so it goes to it's proper cooldown if you try to use it.
    lunnylunny wrote: »
    I found a bug with Master of the Mind. Sometimes it failes to activate and enters a cooldown of 30 seconds after attempting to use it again after it has finished recharging.

I believe that's the same thing you see with Ice barrier, where the power shows you a different cooldown than the actual one, so when you see it "ready", it's actually still on cooldown, so it goes to it's proper cooldown if you try to use it.

Correct, the same bug happens with the revised version of the Bloodmoon devices like Hacked Orbital Cannon Codes or Coward's Lament, etc.​​
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    What is used for a Ranged/Melee combo character if the Forms are either melee focused or ranged focused?
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    layene said:

I got it to use with claws so I can punch people
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.