test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which of these heals was it?

jennabeezyjennabeezy Posts: 42 Arc User
Sorry to keep bothering you guys, but... a couple years back, I took (just to try it) either Arcane Vitality or Vala's Light, and I can't remember which one. One of these throws out a healing cone, but also catches you in the process, and (if I recall correctly, the other did not).

Could one you kind souls please remind me which it was, before i waste a lot of time in PH?

My thinking is, why just get Empathic when I could heal myself AND throw a cone out at my allies?

And, of course, if you guys know a better way, don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you again! :D

Comments

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Vala's Light is a Chargeable Burst heal AoE, Arcane Vitality is a Maintain Cone AoE.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    iirc, Arcane Vit doesn't also innately heal you if you target allies, though you can still heal urself w/ it (its not an AoE then). Vala's is now a cd-based AoE heal that can hit anyone near the target (including you)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    Just curious how many people use Vala's Light? It's never seems especially useful to me.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just curious how many people use Vala's Light? It's never seems especially useful to me.

I DO, and I have to say after the revamp its SUPER USEFUL now, especially on an AoE healer
    The 3 secs CD is not even that bad and the Light Everlasting gives a really nice HoT if you are a healer

I really recommend it, before the revamp i wouldn't even touch it, but now it has potential​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

I DO, and I have to say after the revamp its SUPER USEFUL now, especially on an AoE healer

The 3 secs CD is not even that bad and the Light Everlasting gives a really nice HoT if you are a healer

I really recommend it, before the revamp i wouldn't even touch it, but now it has potential​​

I use it on my Cosmics healer, who focuses on AoE, too. It works great, and for my Int-based healer, the CD is very short, indeed.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    I use it on my Cosmics healer, who focuses on AoE, too. It works great, and for my Int-based healer, the CD is very short, indeed.
    Im using it on a Medical Nanities healer (no medical technology powers so I use magic)
    AoE heals, AoE heals EVERYWHERE, it's amazing build for Cosmics

It's still a little costy in my build, but has really great synergy with MSA​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    jennabeezyjennabeezy Posts: 42 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for your answers :D
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    avianos said:

It's still a little costy in my build, but has really great synergy with MSA​​

This ^^ right here--superb combo of powers.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    There isn't any cone area that targets you as well as other players. On the subject of Arcane Vitality vs Vala's Light:
    • Arcane Vitality starts healing in 0.67s or so; Vala's Light only heals when you finish targeting. If you need healing right now, that's significant.
    • Arcane Vitality has healing that varies with target count; Vala's Light does not. For low target counts, arcane vitality will perform better.
    • Vala's Light has higher healing relative to its activation time, but has a cooldown so overall rate of healing is reduced; you will want other powers you can fire off between the cooldowns. Aura of Arcane Clarity significantly increases the utility of Vala's Light (I wouldn't take Vala's Light as a primary healer unless using AoAC).
    • The way area powers choose their targets, Arcane Vitality will hit your target first, and then people in the cone starting with the people closest to you, while Vala's Light will hit your target first, and then people closest to the target. This is important in Cosmic fights because the target cap on Arcane Vitality is likely to be consumed by dps between you and the target, meaning side tanks don't get healing unless you're careful to keep a clear cone of fire, whereas Vala's Light will usually hit the tanks first.