What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/15/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,105 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
  • Added Fireball Roll travel power.
  • Added Blazing and Scorching speed travel devices.
  • Added Fireball Roll travel device.

Misc
  • Addressed a bug where some open missions could ignore their reward scoring table. This caused some open missions to occasionally grant rewards based on the default method, which awards players based on how well they performed score wise to one another (so the top percentages of players would receive a prize, while the rest would get a default reward). This should address any incident where players who met the open mission minimum scoring but did not receive the proper reward.
  • The reset timer when failing the second and third phase of the Destroids Rise Again open mission has been lowered to 10 minutes. The reset timer for failing at the final phase is unchanged.
  • Removed the "Mods" category from the auction house as two weeks have passed since the new mod categories were introduced.
​​

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    ZEN Store.
    • Added Blazing and Scorching speed travel power devices.
    • Added Fireball Roll travel device.

Rank 3 travel power devices in Z store instead of Locbox?
    That's new​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ilyensilyens Posts: 38 Arc User
    I would not say that. It was possible to get the Rainbow Fly travel power device already.
    However it is a shame that there is not any new neat costume set(s). Would be cool to see a kerchief like one.
  • Options
    There's a new Zen costume set cooking, should be available in a couple weeks :)​​
  • Options
    seanimusprimexseanimusprimex Posts: 47 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

There's a new Zen costume set cooking, should be available in a couple weeks :)​​

And it will likely have a few great pieces with a bunch of undercooked pieces thrown it at the last second to fill it out. At least thats what the last few have looked like. =/ Just being honest.
  • Options
    sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 140 Arc User

kaizerin said:

And it will likely have a few great pieces with a bunch of undercooked pieces thrown it at the last second to fill it out. At least thats what the last few have looked like. =/ Just being honest.
    You can't really be honest when it comes to a prediction. If it's anything like Millennia or Virtual, I'm probably going to get mad cause now I have to use my questionite AGAIN to get it instead of neuroelectric pulse generator like I've been trying to. :|
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    melphyx2 said:

Wait , what about main-tankers? They rarely attack + the damage dealt is low (compared with a DPS), but hold aggro to mantain bosses focused of them to properly sussess a open mission?

This is an issue. There should be some sort of system put in place to reward tanking on a scoreboard. I'm not saying it would be an easy thing to develop, but it should be looked at.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 79 Arc User
    some good ideas floating around, id like to see 1) something come out of the costume ideas ive posted in the costume ides section of the forums (tired of everyone telling me "NO DEVELOPER LOOKS AT THE FORUMS, STOP WASTING YOUR TIME...", i understand that not every idea can be created but it would be nice to get few pieces that match some of the costume pieces we've had for years, here's a few of the ideas i've posted 1) a matching top piece for the FISHNET BRIEFS, make a long sleeve & short sleeve version, 2) an ELECTRIC SPEED travel power, 3) a SLIME SWING travel power (player gets a liquid appearance over their body & the same effect can shoot out of their hands as swinging material. Also lets have some more contests for new COMPLETE costume ideas, the last one did well & we got some AWESOME costumes out of it... still hopeful that we'll see some of these soon
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    melphyx2 said:

kaizerin said:

Misc

• Addressed a bug where some open missions could ignore their reward scoring table. This caused some open missions to occasionally grant rewards based on the default method, which awards players based on how well they performed score wise to one another (so the top percentages of players would receive a prize, while the rest would get a default reward). This should address any incident where players who met the open mission minimum scoring but did not receive the proper reward.
    ​​
    Wait , what about main-tankers? They rarely attack + the damage dealt is low (compared with a DPS), but hold aggro to mantain bosses focused of them to properly sussess a open mission?

This is meant to fix exactly that issue is it not? All you need to do is meet the minimum scoring requirements for an equal chance at the rewards. Aren't the scores calculated by adding up damage done, healing done, and damage received? Tanks should get plenty of points just for tanking, and if they can't get any threat and have to get by with just spamming their hardest hitting attacks, that really should be enough damage done to at least get the minimum score for the open mission.

If any of what I just wrote is wrong than by all means this certainly is an issue.

• Options
    Try deleting that gameprefs file (back it up as it stores your in-game configurations).​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    melphyx2 said:

They will get credit based on the reward table for the mission, which should be good enough; I'm not sure what the minimum score is for destroids, but I don't think it's hard to reach.

If you want recognition on the score list, that's tougher, but realistically, everyone knows who's tanking and knows if they're doing a good job, so they don't really need to be high on the leaderboard for their contribution to be recognized.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    A rainbow costume set would have been an awesome addition during that rainbow travel add on. But it sounds like a fire theme set is gonna scorch the store
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

A rainbow costume set would have been an awesome addition during that rainbow travel add on.

Not sure how you'd do a rainbow costume with only four color channels. Maybe do three colors that bleed onto each other.
  • Options
    I made a suggestion and samples of it. The rainbow would be a non-colorabke pattern like the military jacket. The rest of the costume would be a basic generic pattern to use all 4 colors
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

I made a suggestion and samples of it. The rainbow would be a non-colorabke pattern like the military jacket. The rest of the costume would be a basic generic pattern to use all 4 colors

I've got ya Brother Rat.......

My idea was to have rainbow tights on different existing costume sets. The only difference would be that the rainbow pattern would NOT be customizable (so that we can have more than just 4 colors).

This process has been done with the military jacket, the stripes and ribbons are set in stone, which I think works for some pieces. I of course do not want to limit anyone in the tailor, so depending on what tight sets are used the original tights will still have the 4 color option (you just can't changed the rainbow)

Now the examples I picked are chevron and i think side stripe and added some additions to the legs and hands but those pieces could also be attachments (bracer/foot/neck/collar accessory options)

photo Rainbow_edited-2.jpg

photo rainbow2_edited-3.jpg

This could easily be a Gold Monthly Item or just something fun to throw in Drifter Store.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaiserin wrote: »
    There's a new Zen costume set cooking, should be available in a couple weeks :)

I'm looking forward to get Dissapointed again :smiley:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Open Mission scoring is damage done + healing out + damage taken - defeats * (X)

I do not know what X is equal to in a standard open mission like this.

Tanks should score just fine, as long as you aren't being defeated over and over in the same fight.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I see the obnoxious white spot on the Dragon Armor Belt is still there...
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2017

photo Rainbow_edited-2.jpg

photo rainbow2_edited-3.jpg

This could easily be a Gold Monthly Item or just something fun to throw in Drifter Store.

The Devs have problems matching the lines of Tights top and bottom...

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Get them devs a ruler!
  • Options
    johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Can't wait for this!
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    There's a new Zen costume set cooking, should be available in a couple weeks :)

Ah, zut alors, finally, ve vill have a chef's tote and a frying pan skin for melee weapons (and a cake funnel tube thingy for guns)!

Truly, tis manifique, for ze Chef vill soon be fighting crime like all zee other heroez.​​
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I crave for another HW/MA weapons pack. I really hope the new costume will be an eye-catcher. The recent one are sll meh.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter