test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post Powers that Scale to Target Size.

championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Gameplay Bugs
This thread is for powers that scale to target size. Please post the powers in the following format for ease of reference;

Framework (example Brick)
Power set (example Earth)
Power name (example Cave In)

This thread is not for posting about issues you have with powers, balance concerns or for complaining about if a power is underpowered or overpowered. This is strictly for posting powers that upscale to targets based on size and that cause serious lag inducing issues. Such posts will be ignored/deleted.

Powers that have already been fixed or adjusted as printed in the patch notes;
  • Wrist Bolter, Ball Lightning, Incendiary Rounds, Stone Shot, Wield Earth and Life Essence FX will no longer scale to target.
Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
Silverspar on PRIMUS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by championshewolf on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Energy Projector / Ice / Icicle Spear

Brick / Earth / Cave In
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Mystic / Celestial / Illumination​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Technology / Gadgeteering / Orbital Canon
    Technology / Archery / Taser Arrow
    Mystic / Arcane Sorcery / Sigils of Arcane Runes
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Energy Projector / Ice / Ice Shards (Initial 2 palmed animation, the rest is fine, could be affected by rank which I haven't tested, only rank 1)
    Technology / Power Armour / Energy Bolts
    Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Mentalist / Telekinesis / Telekinetic Assault - Giant sparkle explosions about 50' out from Mega Destroids.
    Mystic / Celestial / Rebuke

Sidenote: This was noticed on a character who had been using Become Celestial​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2019
    Mystic/ Infernal / Condemn

Mystic/ Celestial/ Vengeance

Sidenote: Most noticable in Kigatilik
    hAjssZi.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    I'm not sure if Earth powers and the screen shake effect may scale with Giant size targets? In zone just now with crazy constant 8.9 magnitude screenshaking during an OV fight with Earth powers being used. I don't recall the screenshaking being quite so severe with Earth powers before..
    edited April 2019
    [REMINDER TO PEOPLE THIS STICKED BUG REPORT THREAD STILL EXISTS AND YOU SHOULD USE IT FOR IT'S PURPOSE]

Martial Arts->Chained Kunai

Harpoon Evidence:
    ZhgF8rf.png​​
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Can I put Upheaval here for not necesarially scaling too big, but literally having a default size that's really great for blocking out the entire model of a human-sized supervillain?
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

Technology / Gadgeteering / Sonic boom Generator, but the rainbow splash effect looks extra nice super sized. :)
    Updated my Condemn/Vengeance with Gif evidence to highlight how ridiculous the scaling is
    Reminder this thread exist and more feedbacks will be a blessing 👏👏👏👏
    bluhman wrote: »
    Can I put Upheaval here for not necesarially scaling too big, but literally having a default size that's really great for blocking out the entire model of a human-sized supervillain?

It's been years since I used this power, i never noticed Upheaval being that massive TBH​​
    Mystic / Darkness / Madness Aura
    Mentalist / Telekinesis / Telekinesis

Objects summoned and thrown with those powers scale against cosmic-levels sized bosses​​
    Devices / [New Harmon Taser]

The Burned-Fire aura still works on Gigantic bosses​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Mystic / Darkness / Madness Aura
    Mentalist / Telekinesis / Telekinesis

Objects summoned and thrown with those powers scale against cosmic-levels sized bosses​​

Are you saying I could throw a giant toilet at Ape?
    edited January 2020
    avianos wrote: »
    Mystic/ Infernal / Condemn

Mystic/ Celestial/ Vengeance

Sidenote: Most noticable in Kigatilik
    Can this be Fixed already? It applies literally in every Huge cosmic-status boss
    ulHaRUz.gif
    and this is with just /camdist 180
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Are you saying I could throw a giant toilet at Ape?

YES​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    You stay away from my gigantic mystical sky laser ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Condemn/Vengeance damage should scale with target size. Have mobs used it. Revert the changes to growth. There, now people will think twice before giving in to their macro fetishes o3o​​
    edited February 2020
    The funny thing is that Kaiserin, when Cosmics first released years ago, acknowledge Condemn/Vengeance visuals scaling during KIGA fight and she said she needs to look it up

... Current Year 2020... nothing changed
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Condemn/Vengeance damage should scale with target size. Have mobs used it. Revert the changes to growth. There, now people will think twice before giving in to their macro fetishes o3o
    YOU KNOW IT'S FUNNY BEcause i legit was thinking about an AOE Mechanic that damage bigger enemies even more​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Do specify the rank of the power please. Not seeing anything off with ranks 1 and 3 of Condemn.​​
    Do specify the rank of the power please. Not seeing anything off with ranks 1 and 3 of Condemn.

But How? This has been a running issue years now when a Radiant or The Witch ATs spam Vengeance/Condemn
    This has been happening with rank 1 Condemn with Redemption Denied and Dark Rune as well

Could it be that Kiga's storm visuals and Nightmare Invansion's enviroment change that effect the visual of those powers? Perhaps a resource mismanagement along with a big number of players? 🤔​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2020
    Could use more information if that's the case!

Testing on a large target ranks 1 and 3 looked fine, but rank 2 definitely blew up.

Also I know a bunch of these haven't been addressed yet, but not all of them are quick fixes unfortunately (Kunai for example will take a while to fix, which is why it hasn't been).​​
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Running Condemn rank 2 with redemption denied. And it gives the large area explosion effect.

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Maybe I missed a patch note. But it appears you all fixed Condemns scaling on large targets.

Big thanks for that. I was holding off playing some characters because it was rather annoying to me.

I'm not sure but I think it's Rapid Shots from Archery that's doing it. Very amusing flag pole sized arrows flicker very quickly out of the MegaDestroids when being fired on.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Mystic / Beastial Supernatural / Barbed Lariat

It looked really dumb when I was fighting the Mega Destroid this week. Might have to check the other chain Knock Tos just in case.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • mynx#5889 mynx Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Technology / Munitions(?) / Pulp Fiction Ray Gun

Small hero bottom left whose pistols emit a blue beam that's clearly FAR too large while fighting angry ape.

https://imgur.com/a/YhHSkCD

(Only the final 'projectile' exhibits this behaviour, as it makes contact with ape)