test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Live Aura Previews in PowerHouse

venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
Hello all!
I know this subject has been touched on a little in the past, but I'd like to share my take on it.

I would like to see an option to LIVE preview auras instead of the still frame ones that we get with some auras. This, to me, should include those that are inside lock boxes as well. I'm sure if it has happened to anyone else but there have been multiple times where I've purchased an aura from the Z-store or auction house, only to be sadly disappointed seeing the actual aura in "live" action. Yes, I know that some have the still shot, but that just isn't enough to get a full grasp of how it will really look.

I did a minor amount of research and someone drew attention to the fact that you can preview costume parts you don't own in the costume creator, so why not do the same with auras? The Power House is the best place to implement something of this sort. Perhaps if they built a room within the PH where players can try out an aura in order to move around and get the full effect, but when they leave the room, the aura disappears. If one chooses not to leave, if it's a purchasable aura, they can buy it then and there.

Just the same, if it's an aura within a lock box, being able to sample it will give players the confirmation of going through whatever means is necessary to obtain it. (Questionite, buying cosmic keys, performing tasks/missions/perks)

I see live aura previews being a way for some players to build a theme/ character around certain auras as well. I understand that for the basic ones, we have the mannequin display but it's not quite the same if you can't actually see it one your character. There have been other times where I used one of the freebies on a character after seeing it on the model, but then once it was on my toon, it didn't look the same. I ended up regretting having wasted my freebie on one that doesn't fit my theme, or having to change my costume to fit the one that I got.

Of course, with being able to preview the auras should come color changing as well (if you're gold/ lifetime). If someone has a character with all green powers, it would be nice to be able to preview the aura as one sees it in their mind.

If we can't get a room where we can do as I've suggested, then perhaps at least an area that has multiple mannequins with all the non basic auras.
I'm not a programmer so I don't know how difficult of an ordeal this may be but it seems like it shouldn't be too much work.

What do you all think?
"Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    That's an excellent idea

as much as the Z-store Picture previews are helpful, they really don't provide an accurate representation on moving auras

heck, I bought auras who complety look different from the advertised item because the body size/sliders and the costumes (like jackets) affect the aura (AHEM Vibration aura)

The only issue would be that the DEVs will have to constantly update the NPC with the latest auras​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • venemesisvenemesis Posts: 16 Arc User
    True about them having to update the NPCs but with the models being non moving characters, hopefully it wouldn't be too bad. Plus, since they'd have to update the game to add newer auras/ bug fixes anyways, they could knock out both birds with one stone.
    "Enlightenment is knowing how much you don't know"
  • battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    That or video previews in the news for them.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?