test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 6/8/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2017 in Release Notes
Misc
  • Made a small adjustment to how the civilians/curator in Memorial Park spawn to try and address a bug with them not respawning. If this continues to be an issue please make mention of it.
  • Increased Millennium City's player cap to 65.
  • Added a 'buy stacks of' option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
  • Added Gunslinger's Revenge offense gear to the Collector Store.
  • Added Aspect of the Infernal Aura to the Questionite/aura token stores.
  • Added Scales aura to the Drifter store.
  • Added Brushed Metal material to Teleios back costume. Fixed detail map issue.
  • Fixed a bug where support system mods were not getting categorized in the auction house.
  • Removed Aspect of the Infernal FX from the power.
  • Changed the FX on the Teleiosaurus Pheromones Raptor attacks to not scale to target.
  • Fixed a coloring bug with Unstable Sigils, Living Fire, Pyromancer's Blades and Warlock's blades.
  • Fixed a bug where Sigils of the Storm was emanating its attack from the wrong location.
​​

Comments

• Options
    skig201skig201 Posts: 24 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• Added a 'buy stacks of' option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
    • ​​
    I love you for these :3
    We can all fly as high as the dreams we dare to live.
    Unless we are a chicken.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Added Aspect of the Infernal Aura to the Questionite/aura token stores.
    stock-photo-man-holding-arms-up-in-praise-against-golden-sunset-2122875.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    my character still has it lol, do I need to remove the power or something?
  • Options
    beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    My free aura! Nooooooo!
  • Options
    knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    Added Brushed Metal material to Teleios back costume. Fixed detail map issue.

Will there ever be plans to add additional textures to other Costume Parts & Sets as well?

It just gets irksome when you're trying to work on a Costume & there aren't enough Glass or Brushed Metal or Holo Hex Materials to go around.
  • Options
    condyle#3306 condyle Posts: 5 Arc User
    Does the XP bonus count for all enemies in CO, or is it only those that specifically spawn in Millennium City?

And how much is the XP bonus, 20%? 50%?

thanks
    :)
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Misc

• ​​
    Thanks you for that!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    I liked having the aura attached to the ability. Now either I have to buy an aura slot or lose the aesthetic the ability provided. Yay for more cash grabs.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Will there ever be plans to add additional textures to other Costume Parts & Sets as well?

It just gets irksome when you're trying to work on a Costume & there aren't enough Glass or Brushed Metal or Holo Hex Materials to go around.

I'd like those pieces with only one material to get at least cloth, leather and metal. That'd be a good start.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Posts: 23 Arc User
    Any chance the Steel Arachnid boots get glass so they can match the ENTIRE REST OF THE SET instead of looking like a dork with ice texture or Cinderella's Glass Slippers from last years subscriber monthly?
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    zemmax said:

kaizerin said:

Misc

​​
    my character still has it lol, do I need to remove the power or something?
    From what I can see from the Aura vendor it's the circular effect like Pestilence has, I think people were expecting the infernal cloud aura surrounding your body instead, but it's not so...
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    Added Aspect of the Infernal Aura to the Questionite/aura token stores.
    Removed Aspect of the Infernal FX from the power.

Ehm, the preview image of the Aspect of the Infernal Aura has the Visuals of the Pestilence aura...​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    Added Scales aura to the Drifter store.
    Hmmm weren't also costume aura versions of this? (chest, bracers, shoulderpads e.t.c)

Full character aura is ugly, it makes the character look like a gimp :confused:​​
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Scales make you look like a leather gagged sex slave???!!
  • Options
    doomedluke1doomedluke1 Posts: 118 Arc User

I'd like those pieces with only one material to get at least cloth, leather and metal. That'd be a good start.
    Yes, I think every costume piece should have at least those 3. Sometimes you want to match parts from different sets but one only has metal and other only has cloth or leather. A lot of armor chests, for example, only have metal materials.

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Heh....Ratty couldn't throw his wallet at the screen fast enough :p

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    WTB Lockbox Gimp

Perk Title: Go Wake the Gimp
  • Options
    tumblr_lbtneiHnA81qah8o6o1_500.gif​​
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Is there an ETA on fixing the Bluejay Mantle?

Also, can we get rid of the horrible white spot on the dragon eye belt that appeared there a couple patches back? It looks cartoonish and has messed up several of my costumes.
  • Options
    battybattybatsbattybattybats Posts: 777 Arc User
    Mostly great but now I have to let go of one of radioactive cosmonauts' auras to replace the infernal one. Ah well.
    the Volterrific Dr Cerebellum?
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User

Well, now I gotta buy it
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • Options
    patternwalkerpatternwalker Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Here to echo previous commenters on the Aspect of the Infernal Aura preview showing the wrong FX. Any ETA on a fix?
  • Options
    tenebriswolftenebriswolf Posts: 54 Arc User
    I don't understand. The FX for Aspect of the Infernal is removed for what reason ? And why are people pleased by it ? It looked kinda cool on those of my characters who used it. Any way to have it back ?
    Mordykus on Dawn Radio
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

I don't understand. The FX for Aspect of the Infernal is removed for what reason ? And why are people pleased by it ? It looked kinda cool on those of my characters who used it. Any way to have it back ?

To put it simply, majority hated the FX on their specific toons. There are those who want to use Aspect of the Infernal passive w/o the FX.

Unfortunately, the current Aspect of the Infernal Legacy Aura doesn't give off the dark aura-ish effect. It's more of a colored overhead w/ the occasional wisp at the legs.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Looks like Eido's countdown does not begin until combat starts. Is this change intentional to allow players more time to organize or is it not intended, since it was not in the patch notes?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

1. People HATED the forced aura Visuals which would stuck on default colours
    2. For better performance and reducing more than 8 Aura stacking
    3. Outdated Mechanic similar to the passived which used to have auras attached to them
    4. People HATED the aura

forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1208236/remove-aura-from-aspect-of-the-infernal
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Comment on that: Due to fx taking up memory/total fx draw calls (only so many fx can run on screen before things that to vanish), we really don't want auras on things like passives, toggles, etc as it causes players to take up more resources than intended. The slot cap is there for a reason, and any power/device that has a 'always on' aura will likely see it removed and converted into a aura at some point.
    Official statement
    kamokami wrote: »
    Looks like Eido's countdown does not begin until combat starts. Is this change intentional to allow players more time to organize or is it not intended, since it was not in the patch notes?

Vixy post this on the latest patch notes, this is from early last month​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    kamokami said:

I asked Kaizerin, got the impression it's not new -- the timer starts when someone enters a trigger region, and normally some overly eager person triggers it before combat.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited July 2017

kamokami said:

I asked Kaizerin, got the impression it's not new -- the timer starts when someone enters a trigger region, and normally some overly eager person triggers it before combat.
    So funny that someone triggering the timer happened so much that we just assumed it started right away. Knowing this, since we have more time, maybe we can organize the teamup a bit better to spread the damage more evenly across the greens and take more time ensuring we have the right roles present.

(also dunno why I commented in this thread....guess I only looked at the latest reply and assumed it was the latest set of notes)