test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More origins for character creation

tragamitestragamites Posts: 5 Arc User
So in making some new toons I tried following predefined characters. The problem I ran into is specific powers. I want to suggest adding in some more origin base skills, weapons, or ecessories.

Plantlife physiology: ref. Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, Groot

Insectoid physiology: ref. Spider-Man, Ant-Man, Yellow-Jacket, Blue Beetle

Alternative body builds: limbless (snake), multi limb (insect, spider), aquatic (fish upper and/or lower, mermaid)

Stances/movements: animalistic (on all fours), serpentine (snake like slithering, coiling)

Weapons: Chain: Rope, web, vine, whip, lasso. Heavy: Branch, thorns. Melee: Branch, thorns.

Abdomen/tail stinger: spider sting, scorpion tail.

Costume: Crab Pinchers, scorpion tail, spider fangs, cobra neck.

Essentially I tried to make a snake like character and a Poison Ivy type character and I am finding myself seriously reaching as far as appearances and skills go.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Many of the things you are referencing are in game.
    Some are not available at character creation for brand new players, but become available after the tutorial.
    Some are Gold members or purchase only, and some are purchase only.

For example, you can make plant, animal, insect looking toons.

Animalistic stance is available, and looks great with Acrobatics travel power.

Chain weapon powers exist. You can make branches and thorns using the character editor, and then choose powers to match. "Imaginary" weapon skins help, since they make the weapon part of an attack power disappear. I have a tree character that has branches and thorns, and uses bestial claws to deliver poisoned, bleeding wounds.

Lassos exist in game as a device.

There are scorpion tails in game, but no proper multi-armed parts.

I think the next update will have two different pincers models.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Compleatly lack of resources for a engine overhaul prevents pretty much every 'body morphication'.
    You could have 4 arms. As a grondling or agent of PSI. With those powers and no Tailoring.
    No Ant-Mannish characters, no shrinking(growth) allowed. In combat.
    You can be spiderman. Have strenght, agility and somewhat powers of a spider. No wallcrawling. Points to 'engine'.
    Plant power set has been asked since, 2009. Floral Morphing (great name for the plant powers!!) Engine....
    And with the different things with powers. They kind of had a great idea about changing power appearances. Power Replacers...Great idea, how they worked not that much...Went as far as Blade and Gun weapons. Had some, very few to add some effect to certain power/s.
    And pretty much what guy above said.
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    > No Amt-Mannish characters, no shrinking allowed. In combat.

This is something I was going to bring up in another suggestions box post. Would shrinking really affect combat much now that the game's focus has been shifted more towards PvE content? I'd understand in pvp if people are click-targeting, but apart from healing, would giant toons be much trouble?

Or is it more of an animation issue, since the animations would come from a ground-level point of origin, even if the person is gigantozordic.

Tiny toons (we're all a little loony, and in this cartoony) to me, seem like they'd only be a pain in the event that PvP was a thing beyond duels now, and noticing someone is key to you selecting them and firing lazors at them.​​
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    vorshoth said:

> No Amt-Mannish characters, no shrinking allowed. In combat.

This is something I was going to bring up in another suggestions box post. Would shrinking really affect combat much now that the game's focus has been shifted more towards PvE content? I'd understand in pvp if people are click-targeting, but apart from healing, would giant toons be much trouble?

Or is it more of an animation issue, since the animations would come from a ground-level point of origin, even if the person is gigantozordic.

Tiny toons (we're all a little loony, and in this cartoony) to me, seem like they'd only be a pain in the event that PvP was a thing beyond duels now, and noticing someone is key to you selecting them and firing lazors at them.​​

Yes, actually. Giant characters put stress on the server and graphics cards as the larger bodies rendered take up more resources and thus affect things like the poly count as well as render cap limit. In addition, larger characters get bigger collision detection boxes, and for those that try to target through the mouse, with an already bad tab targeting system, can result in you targeting the giant character. If they have tail and/or wings, forget about targeting anything but them.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!