test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170531.4 - Alien Invader Lockbox, UI Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Destroids Rise Again!
  • Failure cooldown for phase 2 and 3 has been reduced to 10 minutes. Failure for the final phase is still 30 minutes.
  • Increased Millennium City's player cap to 65.

Alien Invader Lockbox
  • Added the following costumes to the debugger: Alien Armor: Mask, Head, Antennae, Body, Bracers, Claws, Leg Accessories, Foot Accessories, Graspers. Currently male only.

UI
  • The Raid UI for open missions team up has been redone. This window can now by resized and moved around on your screen.
  • Added a buy stacks of option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
  • Fixed a bug where the queue buttons overlapped in the Rampage window.

FX
  • Fixed a coloring bug with Unstable Sigils, Living Fire, Pyromancer's Blades and Warlock's blades.
​​

Comments

• blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Rais UI awesome ! All healers will appreciate ;)

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    kaizerin said:

The Raid UI for open missions team up has been redone. This window can now by resized and moved around on your screen.

Added a buy stacks of option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
    ​​

Hooray!!
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    yay aliems \o/

Really hoping for a UFO

Destroids Rise Again!

• Added a buy stacks of option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
    ​​
    Hallelujah! No more spamming mods!

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • thebuckeyethebuckeye Posts: 814 Arc User
    The Alien Armor Arm Accessories is missing the Metal and Brushed Metal material options that the rest of the set has.
  • alexandrafreyaalexandrafreya Posts: 90 Arc User
    Could it be possible at all to add an opacity setting to the new Raid UI, A solid colour really blocks off the screen a lot and if there was something like eight or nine groups full on the UI you'd miss a lot of your view making it really tricky to see the fight around you.

Would it also be possible to add to the UI an "important debuff" setting that will trigger on specific debuffs on players, placing a small icon over that player's health. I know there are really no debuff at the moment that would use this, but if the setting was there it could prove useful in later times if bosses are given strong debuffs that must be removed as soon as possible.

Thank you :)
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Pics for alien armor plz
    Psi.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Please tell me all of the teams, including the one you're in, show up in the raid frames. I can't stand the obnoxious party UI. No matter where I put it on the screen, it sucks up too much space and little icons spill all over the place. Then there the issue of how much worse it is if you're in a real team and a team up. It's a constant reminder why I hate trying to be a healer in CO.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Any pictures for the new set? Please post for those who cannot use PTS(Silver Accounts)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    New Alien Armor Set Pictures:

CLICK ME

Please note, where possible all items shown are Material: Metal & Diffuse: Detail

IMO, the helmet and the Leg Accessories really are the two best pieces of this set.

(I may be missing some pieces...)
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Bugs & Suggestions:

Bug: There is no Metal option under Materials for Alien Armor Arm Accessories

Bug: There is no Cloth option under Materials for Alien Armor Arm Accessories

Bug: There is no Brushed Metal option under Materials for Alien Armor Arm Accessories

Bug: According to the Alien Armor Costume Box, the following items appear to be missing from PTS: Space Explorer Mask, Space Explorer Tights, Space Explorer Shoulders, Space Explorer Helmet & Space Explorer Emblem.

Bug: Opening 5 Patriot Token boxes grants 10 Patriot Tokens.

Bug: Patriot Tokens from the previous event do not seem to count towards purchasing devices or travel powers from the current stuff on PTS.

Bug: Alien Armor Costume Box, drops Cybernetic, Cyber Stealth and Mechanical Monster pieces, despite it's description.

Suggestion: Change the "5 Patriot Token" box back to 10 Patriot Tokens and adjust description. (Unless the plan is to make 1 token = 1 Drifter Salvage for the purposes of the Salvage Store). If this is just for mission rewards, then this is likely fine...it's just granting double what it says.

Suggestion: If possible, consider making the chest piece more interesting. I don't design clothing but it seems very bulky (a bit more medieval, less alien tech). I am interested to see how this will look on the female model. It doesn't look too fantastic on males. Also the glowing part on the chest should possibly look a bit better/cleaned up slightly.

Suggestion: Consider moving the knee pads (and all knee pads) out of Foot Accessories and into a category of it's own within the Tailor. "Knee Accessories" for future growth.

Suggestion: Add Legion Gear back into this upcoming Lockbox. Either that or make it available in game through Questionite & SCR.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
    The Alien chest looks nice. Too bad the female version will end up with breast cups, be turned into a metal bra, and/or have deformities like the Steel Arachnid set. *sigh*

Modern combat armor is the same for men and women. Even the same full plate that men had could be worn by women. Hammering out cup holders was not a thing.​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The new raid UI doesn't initialize perfectly. The first time opening the raid UI it looks like this.
    Why does the new raid UI look so awful? The frames we have now look nice and slim with transparency. Can you at least rip-off the look of the current UI and not inflict this onto us. Even the Party frame doesn't look this bad.​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Added a buy stacks of option for all potions, mods purchasable in the GCR store, mod packs bought in stores, and lockboxes sold in the Questionite store.
    ​​

*rampant cheering*
  • lastmaxstandinglastmaxstanding Posts: 23 Arc User

New Alien Armor Set Pictures:

CLICK ME

Please note, where possible all items shown are Material: Metal & Diffuse: Detail

IMO, the helmet and the Leg Accessories really are the two best pieces of this set.

(I may be missing some pieces...)

That twin-tail is amazing, at least if it gets a decently bit longer with the tail slider at max. The arm pieces are pretty nice in a techno-spiky way that might go well with the Destroid Boots and some other pieces.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    The chestpiece looks like Inmate armored 2

Meh, It's Blue Beetle homage isn't it?
    aiqa wrote: »
    The new raid UI doesn't initialize perfectly. The first time opening the raid UI it looks like this.
    raid.png

I don't understand why making the scroll bar Vertical instead of Horizontal
    seems extremly inconvenient​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    I'm hoping the scrollbar is part of the "not initializing properly" part. Raid frames shouldn't have a scrollbar. Resizing should shrink the size of / rearrange the boxes, not cause anything to scroll.

I recommend looking through the Unit Frames on Cursed for WoW. Notice how none of them ever have extra background crap of any kind. If you're going to add a proper raid frame, please made it slim and with transparency. No extra frills. Minimalist.

I'm going to link this again as a reminder of a nice super themed UI. A classic fantasy game should not have a better super UI available than an actual super hero game.​​
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    avianos said:

The scrollbar is the bug I was pointing out. When making the window sufficiently wide it's supposed to place the two groups next to eachother, but the first time opening it it sets them like the screenshot.

I don't really mind how the scrollbars are aligned myself, you probably don't want to make the window small enough to need one.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    I agree with the people saying the UI should be transparent. I like to see as much of the screen as I can when I'm healing so I know where everything is. Being able to resize the boxes would also be nice. Other than that, it's pretty cool imo.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    avianos said:

The chestpiece looks like Inmate armored 2

Meh, It's Blue Beetle homage isn't it?

aiqa wrote: »

raid.png

Hmm.. well... the issue with the horizontal bar would be solved if the raid window could be adjusted horizontally and vertically. Then, you could have a retangle raid window which would not use the scroll bar.

In my opinion, not only should the raid window be tranparent, but all windows in the game should be transparent and players should have the option of adusting the transparency level of each window.

This discussion has been closed.