test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Frame Spike.

thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
edited May 2017 in PC & Technical Issues
After the recent updates, my game has developed a crazy frame spike, with and without other players around. My comp is "top of the line" with the Nvida 10 series card, etc, etc, and this has never happened before. Any clues on where to start?
Post edited by thepure0ne on

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Does it happen when you're idle, or when you're moving around certain areas?

Mine's always had weird frame spikes when I move through certain areas in this game, but not its more complex sisters, STO and NW.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Idle and moving, oddly enough. Do you think it could be particles or map area rendering?
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    When I upgraded my graphics card, dx9 mode became unplayable for me. Constant, horrific frame stuttering. I have to use dx11 (beta) even though it also has the annoying black textures thing.

If you haven't updated anything, then... maybe some of your settings were changed in a patch / crash? Could be some texture corruption. You can Force Verify in the launcher before you log in. Options > Force Verify ticked > Log in.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    The game also doesn't handle compatibility modes well. So make sure you haven't set one.
  • thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Compatibility mode?