test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20170427.8 - Destroids Rise Again changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Destroids Rise Again
  • Lowered Mega Destroid HP to 6 million each.
  • The Mega Destroids will no longer reset their health completely if a wipe occurs. Instead their health will reset to their closest health bar (33%, 66% or 100%).
  • The Mega Destroids now have a passive that causes them to regen health at a minor rate while in combat.
  • The Mega Destroids will now initiate combat much more quickly if they detect a player nearby.
  • When one Mega Destroid falls the other will receive a stacking damage and resistance buff after a short amount of time has passed.
  • When the Mega Destroids are linked up it will be indicated by a large red aura, and there will be occasional flyover text indicating such.
  • If a Mega Destroid's health gets too out of sync with the other's, the one with the highest health will reduce its damage slightly to increase the defenses of the lower health Mega Destroid. This buff will drop off once their hit points even out. The Destroid receiving the buff will have a regenerating aura on it.
  • Changed the Retribution devices from a destructable object to a regular attackable npc.
  • Moved some of the initial mobs in the open mission out of the way of questing areas.
  • Added Impervious mod to the vendor.

Memorial Park
  • Foxbattlebot and Destroid ambush mobs will now vanish when the Destroids Rise Again open mission hits its final stage. They will respawn a few minutes after it completes or fails.
  • Civilians in the park area will now flee once the Destroids Rise Again open mission hits its final stage. (Note: This is not something that we can easily place onto other civilians. It has to be done on a case by case basis).
  • Added some additional ambiance and randomness to the civilians in the park area to make it feel less static.

Misc
  • Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight.
  • Fixed a bug where many of the eye auras had low priority, causing them to vanish easily.
  • Fixed a bug with the dripping venom aura coloring.
  • Fixed a texture issue with the female Ponytail hair on Hairstyle B.
  • Added dripping ink aura to the Drifter.
​​

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    "Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight."
    Finally.
    byhbyh speedracers.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    "When the Mega Destroids are linked up it will be indicated by a large red aura, and there will be occasional flyover text"

Is that the same flyover text that spams us with messages of some putz getting crap out of a lockbox? Because pretty much everyone has learned to tune out anything that appears there by now. You can thank your overlords for ruining that for you.

Civilians should throw hotdogs at the Mega Ds and have a .0001% chance to cause relish poisoning.

"Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight."

Lame. I'm no fan of morons that rush ahead and clog the doors with mobs screwing over everyone behind them, but needing to kill so much stuff is annoying. Isn't that big room with dreadful mob placement and knock happy trash punishment enough? The best part of the lair is fighting the boss, not the annoying mobs in the way.

How about removing that gimpy powersuit requirement? I know I get sick of having to swap an item from my device slot just for some junky powersuit I would never use even on the worst ATs.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    I can't think of any better solution to prevent people from rushing Warlord than to make it a requirement for players to clear those mobs before him, so kudos on that.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    I foresee lots of rushing to warlord, and then everyone standing there silently while they wait stubbornly for someone else to go clear up everything they skipped. On another note, on the Mega d OM, something is bugging out the vehicles, not sure what's causing it.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight.​​
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Welp. No more speedruns.

Maybe Hi-Pan Alert needs the same treatment. Been seeing twits rushing to boss ignoring mobs.

Curious question, will Trauma work against Mega Ds?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Since this is turning out as a significantly difficult fight, I think it needs some rewards that would work for everyone.

The old OM was mostly a source of resources, and I think the game really doesn't need any less of those. So I would like if resources stay the primary reason for running it. 15G for everyone that reaches a certain minimum score would be enough to get people to attend, and 15G for the whole thing isn't something that would break the economy in any way (running alerts would still be faster, but very boring).
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight.
    7f8.gif
    Curious question, will Trauma work against Mega Ds?
    NO because Trauma doesn't work on percent% heal which cosmics use​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Destroids Rise Again
    off once their hit points even out. The Destroid receiving the buff will have a regenerating aura on it.

Changed the Retribution devices from a destructable object to a regular attackable npc.
    Moved some of the initial mobs in the open mission out of the way of questing areas.

​​
    Both superb changes.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    Maybe, since all the scientists must be rescued, some knock attacks on Shadow Army mobs could be replaced with something else, like other munitions powers. For instance, maybe one type of mob can bust out a flamethrower, or use Holdout Shot?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Indeed, since the warlord is getting slighty revamp, the MOBs crazy knocks need to be adressed

not only all of them are spamming Knocks, but it seems that the knocks ignore blocking as well

Beyond the speedrunning issue, people had been avoiding agroing mobs because of the Knock abuse from the NPCs, and this is important

Proper actions need to be taken for the balance of the alert and the Knock Abuse, because this is getting out of hand​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    So this is the patch for adding even more tedium to the game. While speedruns were annoying, this is just going to make the entire alert annoying especially with all the knockbacks.

Now that Warlords is going to take longer are you going to adjust the rewards to compensate?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    kaizerin said:

If a Mega Destroid's health gets too out of sync with the other's, the one with the highest health will reduce its damage slightly to increase the defenses of the lower health Mega Destroid. This buff will drop off once their hit points even out. The Destroid receiving the buff will have a regenerating aura on it.
    ​​
    Literally forcing people to do the fight right xD
    draogn said:

So this is the patch for adding even more tedium to the game. While speedruns were annoying, this is just going to make the entire alert annoying especially with all the knockbacks.

Now that Warlords is going to take longer are you going to adjust the rewards to compensate?

No, because this was the indented length for the current reward. It just took them a long time to deal with the speedrun problem. Also longer =/= tedious.
  • Options
    spinnytop said:

draogn said:

No, because this was the indented length for the current reward. It just took them a long time to deal with the speedrun problem. Also longer =/= tedious.
    This alert never intended that all scientists be rescued--it was always about getting to the last scientist at the end.

That being said, special alerts seem like they're being adjusted so that effort/time match reward somewhat better. For instance, the drop rate for Hi-Pan is much lower than before.

Now, the fairly generous reward table from Warlord will match the revamped run time.

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    draogn said:

Unless there's a hidden scientist in the back of the second or third room, it's not going to take appreciably longer. While speedruns exist, most teams actually wipe out everything in their path.
  • Options
    Unless there's a hidden scientist in the back of the second or third room, it's not going to take appreciably longer. While speedruns exist, most teams actually wipe out everything in their path.

No one ever does the 3 side mobs in the room after the elevator, 5 of the mob groups in the room after unless they get aggroed from a bad knock, or the mob group at the opposite end of the hall. "Wip[ing] out everything in their path" still means skipping most of the scientists.

Skipping all of those things, especially in the large room, is generally safer for teams with new players or not as beefy toons due to that knock spam making a mess. Knock spam is annoying even to beefy toons or ones with high knock resist and this change can easily double the time it takes to get to Warlord. Which is the most aggravating part of the alert.

I don't actually see those idiots that like to rush Warlord all that often, so don't see it magically being more of an issues with people simply letting others kill the bulk of the trash while sitting at the end. Honestly, I'd just leave if I saw that anyway and I'm sure it would cause others to drop as well, which would be my way of screwing over the people trying to screw over the team. Scumbags that can't be assed to be a team player in team content can solo the whole thing.​​
  • Options
    sterga said:

No one ever does the 3 side mobs in the room after the elevator, 5 of the mob groups in the room after unless they get aggroed from a bad knock, or the mob group at the opposite end of the hall.

Not sure what the third group you're talking about is, but otherwise agree. I have no idea if there are scientists back there, though.
  • Options
    After the big room, there is a small section of hallway going the opposite way. Most groups I'm in skip that mob / scientist.​​
  • Options
    sterga said:

After the big room, there is a small section of hallway going the opposite way. Most groups I'm in skip that mob / scientist.​​

Ah. I see him freed fairly often, mostly because of people being sloppy about area effects.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Suggestion: Rename "Blot Aura(s)" to "Ambient Energy Aura(s)"

Suggestion: If possible, could the 'Blot' Aura be more concentrated on the character model when the character is moving? When using a travel power the aura all but vanishes and trails behind as little dots, instead of coalescing where it should (at least for the hands).

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    The Warlord changes are fine.. even with taking out all the mobs it's still remains a fairly short encounter. I'd be shocked if teams take more than 10 minutes to finish it. The speed rushers will just switch to mega-dps AOE builds.

The Mega-D changes fight mechanics look very interesting and smart. Players will have to pay attention to mechanics.. which serves as good training for later game cosmic encounters. "Oh I better pay attention to the Boss's tells!!!".
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    Hm. Are these mega-Ds at a challenge level appropriate for GCR content now?
  • Options

spinnytop said:

draogn said:

This alert never intended that all scientists be rescued--it was always about getting to the last scientist at the end.

That being said, special alerts seem like they're being adjusted so that effort/time match reward somewhat better. For instance, the drop rate for Hi-Pan is much lower than before.

Now, the fairly generous reward table from Warlord will match the revamped run time.

Last few times I was in there all I got was a pitiful amount of gs. There is only one item, the uranium depleted mod, that has any kind of real value to it. With all the knockback in Warlords the effort/time don't come close to matching the reward.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Fight seems like it needs a bit more to it, now, this could be because everyone there likely had really good gear but I feel like some of the Mega D's attacks should take a few tips from Onslaught Medusa.

The very large maintained AoE (Destroyer Wave esque one, whiteish wireframe) should drain energy per tick if not blocked as well as deal damage or simply drain energy regardless but do considerably less damage when blocked.

Thunderclap as everyone stated, needs a wireframe or a tell.
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The Mega Destroyers need strong punch/eyebeam attacks. The Cone would be more fun if it was more random. The more dangerous stuff is all big AoE at the moment, making the fight a bit easy for tanks.
    Post edited by aiqa on
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Suggestion: Possible Perks associated with Hotdog Consumption:

10 Hotdogs: "Relish the Fight" title
    50 Hotdogs: "All the Toppings" title
    100 Hotdogs: "Hotdog Stand Hero" title
    200 Hotdogs: [Become Hotdog Vendor]

Become Hotdog Vendor - You become a culinary force for good, force feeding your enemies into submission with relished goods.

Powers:

Flying utensils (Energy Builder)
    Throw Frankfurter (Charged Attack)
    Bun Shield (Block)
    Mustard Mayhem (Maintained Cone)
    Eat (self heal)
    Freshly Served (heal other by throwing hotdog at them)
    Not so Freshly Served (damage enemies by throwing decaying/off hotdog at them, applies deadly poison)

Slotted Passive: Employee of the Month - Increases Food Damage. Grants Resistance to Damage and increases the healing you can do.

:wink:
  • Options
    draogn said:

Last few times I was in there all I got was a pitiful amount of gs. There is only one item, the uranium depleted mod, that has any kind of real value to it. With all the knockback in Warlords the effort/time don't come close to matching the reward.

There are the Warlord costume parts, too. I the Gs are similar to a Smash (unlike the Hi-Pan alert).

In the last rotation of Warlord, I got two DUCs and something like 10 Warlord costume parts in about 100 runs.

• Options

draogn said:

There are the Warlord costume parts, too. I the Gs are similar to a Smash (unlike the Hi-Pan alert).

In the last rotation of Warlord, I got two DUCs and something like 10 Warlord costume parts in about 100 runs.

The warlord pieces, in my experience, don't sell for much and that's a terrible ratio vs time spent. There is a reason why they needed to add the vigilance mission to coax people into queuing up.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So, we managed to reach stage 4, but we didn't have enough players to beat that stage and apparently their regen is bugged; depending on how much they regen, I eyeball it at 8-10 minimum (tank, healer, 2+ dps, on each mega), and for that number it's probably gonna take 20m to run the whole OM. Might be good to have team size scaling, though; 40 players should obliterate it. Something like 4m hp, +5% per person in the area?
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User

So, we managed to reach stage 4, but we didn't have enough players to beat that stage and apparently their regen is bugged; depending on how much they regen, I eyeball it at 8-10 minimum (tank, healer, 2+ dps, on each mega), and for that number it's probably gonna take 20m to run the whole OM. Might be good to have team size scaling, though; 40 players should obliterate it. Something like 4m hp, +5% per person in the area?

I'd worry that "people in the area" type scaling would prevent regular runs from completing it on time due to randoms or people leveling. Especially in MC.

If 30-40 people decide to show up they probably should just obliterate it. After the initial novelty wears off, don't think that will be a regular enough occurrence to worry about.
  • Options
    waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    Don't make the mega D OM scaling with players, this not going to be good specially in MC
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    If 30-40 people decide to show up they probably should just obliterate it. After the initial novelty wears off, don't think that will be a regular enough occurrence to worry about.

It'll be largely ignored in a fortnight, I think, judging by most things in MC...
  • Options

It'll be largely ignored in a fortnight, I think, judging by most things in MC...

The basic problem is with rewards. If you make the rewards reasonable for a small team to do the mission (probably 20-25 minutes to complete all stages, though most of the team isn't all that needed until stage 4), they'll be excessively generous for a large team (probably 10m to complete all stages); if you make them reasonable for a large team, attempting it with a small team is nonsensical. There's a few solutions to that, and they all have flaws:
    1. Scale the missions with team size (e.g. Qliphotic Warzone missions).
    2. Scale the rewards with team size (seems likely to cause bad feelings).
    3. Scale the rewards based on placement on the top score list (known to cause bad feelings).
    4. Accept that the mission will be set on farm mode.
    5. Accept that the mission will pretty much never be done.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

The basic problem is with rewards. If you make the rewards reasonable for a small team to do the mission (probably 20-25 minutes to complete all stages, though most of the team isn't all that needed until stage 4), they'll be excessively generous for a large team (probably 10m to complete all stages); if you make them reasonable for a large team, attempting it with a small team is nonsensical. There's a few solutions to that, and they all have flaws:
    1. Scale the missions with team size (e.g. Qliphotic Warzone missions).
    2. Scale the rewards with team size (seems likely to cause bad feelings).
    3. Scale the rewards based on placement on the top score list (known to cause bad feelings).
    4. Accept that the mission will be set on farm mode.
    5. Accept that the mission will pretty much never be done.
    I'm fine with the way it is. Scaling in MC is too problematic to work well.
  • Options
    darqaura2 said:

It's not really any more problematic than anywhere else. Not a lot of random people go through the area the fight is in.
  • Options

darqaura2 said:

It's not really any more problematic than anywhere else. Not a lot of random people go through the area the fight is in.
    Myself and a couple other folks farm mods there.

Also, this area is a regular pass-through for OVs.

• Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Warlord now requires rescuing all of the scientists in order to progress to the boss fight.​​
    You guys should of had this from the beginning, quite the oversight, better late then never I suppose.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
This discussion has been closed.