test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capping the Cosmic Scoreboard

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Suggestions Box
I think it about time we should cap the Cosmic Scoreboard to about 2 million 100,000, at least.
Post edited by qawsada on

Comments

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 974 Arc User
    what is gonna solve that?​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    gradii said:

Why not cap it at 100k? thats really the point which matters.​​

THIS!

And I'm always going to hate the scoreboard until it includes credit for CCing (I know a couple do), buffing, debuffing, and damage resisted.. Without all that, especially buffing and debuffing, it is 100% inaccurate. Also, by focusing on damage, it encourages bad behavior. It's literally the worst function in the game.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Why not just remove the scoreboard? The scoring sucks anyway.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    opalflame said:

it's there to prevent leechers.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    notyuu said:

opalflame said:

And how's that working out?

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

notyuu said:

opalflame said:

Needs a higher minimum score. Also a minimum score that varies with how long the fight took (or possibly just a percentage).
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    There aren't that many leechers, so score requirements seem to work pretty well.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I don't think the scoreboard should be changed without better measuring at least the tank's contribution. The simplest, though not most ideal, change here could just be to change "Damage Taken" score to instead be "Base Damage Taken". This way blocking is not penalized.

I don't think the scoreboard should be removed because it's still useful for people who don't run parsers.

Pretty well.
    gradii said:

Yeah lets make even more people who try not get credit. great idea.​​

If it results in them not trying at all then it's not a great idea. If it gets them to try harder then yeah it is a great idea. Could go either way depending on who the "people" are.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I don't see why people are annoyed with the scoreboard. The only thing that needs fixing, IMO, for the scoreboard is counting overhealing as points. That's too easily abused by certain builds, but may not be fixable at this point in time. The only other thing really needed to be done is find a way to reset it after each wipe so an accurate scoring can be taken instead of people getting millions of points over the course of two or three resets.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    I would go a step further with score from damage taken and blocking. Unblocked damage I would only give a very minimal score, blocked damage would get a far higher score.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Why not just not look at the scoreboard if it bothers you? Some people like seeing how badly they can outscore others, let them have their fun.
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Why not just not look at the scoreboard if it bothers you? Some people like seeing how badly they can outscore others, let them have their fun.

This actually possible. For those who want the scoreboard gone, you can effectively remove it from your screen by using the Re-arrange feature.
    kamokami said:

I don't think the scoreboard should be changed without better measuring at least the tank's contribution. The simplest, though not most ideal, change here could just be to change "Damage Taken" score to instead be "Base Damage Taken". This way blocking is not penalized.

AND fix scoring for CCing. AND fix scoring for Buffing. AND fix scoring for Debuffing.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Just a little bump
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

kamokami said:

AND fix scoring for CCing. AND fix scoring for Buffing. AND fix scoring for Debuffing.
    CCing gets scoring. Buffing and debuffing do not.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

CC scoring is fine. Buffing and debuffing are somewhat impractical to score, and because most buffs in this game are passive, doing so allows passive scoring, which the devs appear opposed to (see the changes to aura of ebon destruction).
    edited June 2017
    Meh, I do impractical every day. I eat impossible for practice. Impractical just means "we are too lazy or clueless to do it."
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE: