test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who hates the haters?

2»

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I do understand that if your expectation for a game is to play in an x-man reality, and you join an alert to find a team of three characters from paw patrol and 12 ft tall girl with giant body sliders and near skin colored underwear, that would really break your immersion experience.

The haters shouldn't​ hate... But I don't think thier feelings are entirely unfounded either. There's been times I, myself, have wished for a costume ignore command that replaced a person's toon with a generic option.

That same bunch you mentioned will be the first ones who run off to tell on you for looking too much like a comic book character...ive lost a couple good cosplays because of big mouths who browse the game for players to spite/dominate over. Now all my cosplays have to be imperfect in order to remain. And thats almost criminal to limit an artist from his/her work! When someone pulls off a good cosplay I PM them with something like "GG or great job on that outfit" the last thing this game needs is a lack of encouragement to stay! What it needs more of is nice players, ones to encourage new players that your here to have fun...not im going to dog you until your too miserable to play! Nor would I discourage someone from using the tailor to make their favorite hero to play as...we have to endure pushy people in RL...ALL DAY, we come here to escape that!!! I was disqualified in a CC once because my cat version of Capt. America was accused of being a clone.... >.>

...yes im a bit bitter about certain things, but I dont reflect that while playing. I dont want people to be afraid to approach me, I always greet them with a cheery intro and try to make them feel they are always welcome around me, bows instead of nos, mistletoe instead of insults, and smiles =^.^= instead of sendoffs. If you act unapproachable, ready to jump down someones throat or threaten to rat on someone every time theres something about them you dont like, people will begin to hate and fear you. Thats a miserable existence for both partys, that needs to be broken before it kills our games small population. If you want more heroes, bite the ones biting them, so they quit scaring off new players trying to play as heroes...or cats!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited April 2017

....will be the first ones who run off to tell on you for looking too much like a comic book character...ive lost a couple good cosplays

The only people you can really blame for deciding that your "cosplays" infringed upon existing IP and thus deleted them are the GMs. They receive the reports and must investigate and make a decision to protect the game from lawsuits. That's not "hate".

I was disqualified in a CC once because my cat version of Capt. America was accused of being a clone.... >.>

That doesn't sound like "hate". Just sounds like they didn't know the difference between a homage and a clone....unfortunately there are many who don't know the difference, including those that make clones but insist it's a homage.

"Champions Online Costume Policy: You may NOT create costumes or costume/name combinations that are recognizable as the registered property of any company. (This includes things such as: comics, anime, movies, or video games.)"
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Remember the unofficial Rule of Three - appearance, name, bio. If your name is "Capt. America", and your bio says your name is Steve Rogers and you got your powers due to a government serum, you're in violation - even if you're a cat.

Similarly, if you're wearing the easily-recognizable (and reproducible!) red-white-and-blue tights, and your bio is that of Steve Rogers, it doesn't matter if you're calling yourself "The Protofascist" and claiming it's a deconstruction of the character, you've still crossed that line.

On the other hand, I've never had a moment's trouble with Captain Americlown, who has whiteface under his cowl and a big red bow tie, and whose bio reads, "We should never have subcontracted the Super-Soldier Program to that guy from Ringling Bros." I did kind of skirt the edges of naughtiness with the Duck Knight, in that his real name is Timothy Drake (I couldn't resist the pun); however, he's also the heir to Drake Industries, and he started on his path because he wanted to avenge the deaths of his parents, killed before his eyes when he was a child by the assassin known only as Fudd. (Also, come on, he's a freaking duck! Bill and everything!)

It has to do with some of the odder aspects of US trademark (not copyright!) law; those heroes are trademarked by the major publishers, and if they want to keep the trademark they have to "vigorously enforce" it. The law is a tad vague on exactly what that means, but Disney (the owners of Marvel these days) have been shown to be willing to go above and beyond in order to prevent the dilution of their trademark...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

snip

snip

This should also explain why I make most of my toons are cat versions of something, not because im obsessed with cats or a furry, its because i can be accurate with the outfit without being nit picked. But cosplays like Ahri or my Miqote have to remain bland and loose the charm of the character, My Ahri cosplay has to wear bracers and use simple colors to not look close to much like the original, thats why its a bad rule! One I never impose on others. When you enter an imperfect cosplay into a CC, it tends to look shabby if the outfit isnt accurate, this is why i never win them!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited April 2017

When you enter an imperfect cosplay into a CC, it tends to look shabby if the outfit isnt accurate, this is why i never win them!

Just make them less shabby, without copying ..........and win.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

When you enter an imperfect cosplay into a CC, it tends to look shabby if the outfit isnt accurate, this is why i never win them!

Or... you could be failing to win because plagiarizing costumes doesn't deserve to win? If you enter a costume in a CC, it should be your own work, not an attempt to copy someone else's work.
    jonsills said:

Remember the unofficial Rule of Three - appearance, name, bio. If your name is "Capt. America", and your bio says your name is Steve Rogers and you got your powers due to a government serum, you're in violation - even if you're a cat.

Similarly, if you're wearing the easily-recognizable (and reproducible!) red-white-and-blue tights, and your bio is that of Steve Rogers, it doesn't matter if you're calling yourself "The Protofascist" and claiming it's a deconstruction of the character, you've still crossed that line.

On the other hand, I've never had a moment's trouble with Captain Americlown, who has whiteface under his cowl and a big red bow tie, and whose bio reads, "We should never have subcontracted the Super-Soldier Program to that guy from Ringling Bros." I did kind of skirt the edges of naughtiness with the Duck Knight, in that his real name is Timothy Drake (I couldn't resist the pun); however, he's also the heir to Drake Industries, and he started on his path because he wanted to avenge the deaths of his parents, killed before his eyes when he was a child by the assassin known only as Fudd. (Also, come on, he's a freaking duck! Bill and everything!)

It has to do with some of the odder aspects of US trademark (not copyright!) law; those heroes are trademarked by the major publishers, and if they want to keep the trademark they have to "vigorously enforce" it. The law is a tad vague on exactly what that means, but Disney (the owners of Marvel these days) have been shown to be willing to go above and beyond in order to prevent the dilution of their trademark...

I think you know Im more creative then that....I know im not as well known here, but Im sure you remember me from the STO forums.

Steve Pawgers aka American Short-hare
    Given special milk serum to help fight the German Shepherds, and his arch nemesis Red Rover. These dogs seek to rule over Mew York and use it as a staging point to take over the world.

The Cat Crusader aka Bruce Whiskers
    After his parents where forced to leave Pawtham City for resembling polecats, after leaning on a pole with white wet paint, he took over the family business (Whiskers Foundation) and fights crime at night, his most ruthless enemy is the cat Joker, who gained a permanent smile after inventing "Sugar Bombs" exploding candy. Which blows up in your face after the first bite and leaves a candy coated blast pattern on your fur.....giving him a sweet smile. Now he seeks to give it to all cats so they can have his smile too!

or even when i was in STO:

James T Cat, captain of the USS Kittyprize

Cheif Med officer: Leonard McCat
    Scicen Officer: Mr Spot
    Helm: Mr Mewlu
    Mongomery the Scottishfold

...they delt with the Nyandorians, the Vulcats and Nomulans, but the most ruthless where the Kanines...and their powerful K-9 battlecruiser. Slobbery smelly dogs that like to bark.

Just make them less shabby, without copying ..........and win.

I consider it shabby because its not accurate! I used the shoes with a strap instead of the boots, bracers and tight sleeves instead of flared and loose, I also curbed the cleavage since it imo they gave her too much, and the hair is different, no braid.

Or... you could be failing to win because plagiarizing costumes doesn't deserve to win? If you enter a costume in a CC, it should be your own work, not an attempt to copy someone else's work.
    It was that snit-picky attitude that nearly caused fan art, fan fic and real life cosplaying to become illegal! It is my own work, taking the tools and pieces available and constructing them into place to make it finished art....like when you design your cosplay outfits for comic con! Its like putting a puzzle together and going out to show off what you made with the taylor...

edited April 2017

It was that snit-picky attitude that nearly caused fan art, fan fic and real life cosplaying to become illegal!

Absent the explicit or tacit permission of the copyright holder, they are (at least, if published).

It was that snit-picky attitude that nearly caused fan art, fan fic and real life cosplaying to become illegal!

Absent the explicit or tacit permission of the copyright holder, they are.
    It caused a huge backlash that stopped it from happening, how you treat your fan base can make or break you....and sinking your ship over some greed based legal technicalities isnt worth it! They learned that the hard way, it even caused DC to gain some ground over them for a while over it since Marvel and some big anime companys forgot they are there for the customers, not the other way around!!

Absent the explicit or tacit permission of the copyright holder, they are.
    It caused a huge backlash that stopped it from happening, how you treat your fan base can make or break you....
    Sure, but that doesn't mean the copyright owner lacks the right, it just means that it doesn't make business sense for them to use it in the case of cons. The situation for games is entirely different.
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Right, in the case of Comic-con for e.g., cosplaying as a favorite hero using a custom-made costume that shares a very accurate likeness to the trademarked source is generally accepted because it's an established culture that acts as a form of promotion / marketing that benefits the companies owning the copyright. It promotes a fun engaging atmosphere at the con for people to stay and to check out the vendor booths there as well.

When it comes to CO it's not the same thing. Cryptic has the right to enforce prevention of people using their assets with the sole intention of creating superheroes with 100% likeness to existing trademarked ones. Cryptic also has run into legal problems with Marvel when Marvel tried to sue them for that reason when Cryptic was still running City of Heroes. It's understandable that it's Cryptic's best interest not to have that happen again.

Right, in the case of Comic-con for e.g., cosplaying as a favorite hero using a custom-made costume that shares a very accurate likeness to the trademarked source is generally accepted because it's an established culture that acts as a form of promotion / marketing that benefits the companies owning the copyright. It promotes a fun engaging atmosphere at the con for people to stay and to check out the vendor booths there as well.

When it comes to CO it's not the same thing. Cryptic has the right to enforce prevention of people using their assets with the sole intention of creating superheroes with 100% likeness to existing trademarked ones. Cryptic also has run into legal problems with Marvel when Marvel tried to sue them for that reason when Cryptic was still running City of Heroes. It's understandable that it's Cryptic's best interest not to have that happen again.

I guess ill just stop cosplaying since its group effort...

Well, I wasn't intending to rain on your parade, but I think it's in the best interests of everyone who plays CO to not see a lot of people dressing up as Marvel heroes that can potentially draw unnecessary attention from Disney Marvel.

That doesn't stop you from making toons that are hugely inspired characters from Marvel / DC / Whatever or any parodies of them though.
  • sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 138 Arc User
    So to offer my two rusted green cents, TL;DR version is just that people look at the negatives first and usually take those and only those. Now to not TL;DR. Like you said, you're gonna remember the slap if you got a slap and 1000 hugs in a day. This is the same thing. People have this really stupid way of understanding things in that they just want to believe the worst is all that something is. An example in CO being the RP community. Everyone takes Club Caprice and poops on it cus' all they think about is 'haha birth in fountain haha furry ERP in corner haha' when that's actually a rarity, and even at that, one of those only happened once to my knowledge.

It's literally everywhere. Take Superwholock for example. People think Superwholock is trash cus' a handful of people are actually foaming at the mouth rabid fans that have no lives, so they relate that to all of them. I played League of Legends, so I'm obviously a toxic stupid human being. It's everywhere.

It's why I never take anyone's opinion but my own when it comes to certain people. Note I said people, and not the things opinions are being taken on. Some people are just judging by the negative standards and over generalizing them to high hell. It's ridiculous, and frankly something you shouldn't concern yourself with.

Just posting this again in case the TL;DR was missed above;

TL;DR:people look at the negatives first and usually take those and only those.

Well, I wasn't intending to rain on your parade, but I think it's in the best interests of everyone who plays CO to not see a lot of people dressing up as Marvel heroes that can potentially draw unnecessary attention from Disney Marvel.

While the settlement of the original CoH lawsuit isn't public, most likely it includes a clause, that is binding on Cryptic (as they were parties in that suit), that requires them to prevent people from making clones.

While the settlement of the original CoH lawsuit isn't public, most likely it includes a clause, that is binding on Cryptic (as they were parties in that suit), that requires them to prevent people from making clones.

Or maybe it's just sensible business practice when there are sharks like Disney swimming in the waters.

zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2017
    Yeah and it's just not superheroes too. I've seen my fair share of Elsa clones for e.g.

I've even come across a Moana cleverly named "Joana" once. Made me chuckle a little at least.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    If your costumes get wiped out just remember that the mod is only doing their job and playing it safe by not taking any chances, and if you get reported as a clone by over zealous players just remember that they're only trying to do what is best for the game as I'm sure we'd all agree that it would very unlikely survive a lawsuit.

Kinda sucks that it sometimes happens to characters who are not actually clones...though all I can suggest is to save your costume files often.

Okay, enough! I confess! It's me! I hated the haters!!

And I'd have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and their dog!!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited April 2017
    beezeeze said:

If your costumes get wiped out just remember that the mod is only doing their job and playing it safe by not taking any chances, and if you get reported as a clone by over zealous players just remember that they're only trying to do what is best for the game as I'm sure we'd all agree that it would very unlikely survive a lawsuit.

Kinda sucks that it sometimes happens to characters who are not actually clones...though all I can suggest is to save your costume files often.

..and you pegged it, overzealous players! Being a nuisance to others as they police the game under their own rules.

...there be wolves among us!!

Post edited by catstarsto on

....overzealous players! Being a nuisance to others as they police the game under their own rules.

The rules are set by and enforced by Cryptic. The players can only bring things to the attention of GMs who then decide if there have been infractions.

Therefore it's "policed" by cryptic.
    zrdRBy8.png
    edited April 2017

....overzealous players! Being a nuisance to others as they police the game under their own rules.

The rules are set by and enforced by Cryptic. The players can only bring things to the attention of GMs who then decide if there have been infractions.

Therefore it's "policed" by cryptic.
    Yes, I know what your saying...im not sure if you trying to be helpful or pushy like brainy smurf. Since our views conflict.

I was pointing out the ones who go overboard and snitch when someone catches their eye the wrong way. "Oooooh, Cat's toon is wearing red, he must be cloning daredevil! I must tell on him at once!"

...and dont tell me they dont exist! Ive been PM'd by them, they also yell it our openly hoping to run you off. While some of them can be calmed after some jam on their nose

..the other watches from the key hole like Scorpio. O_O

Where is Clint Eastwood when you need him?

Yes, I know what your saying...im not sure if you trying to be helpful or pushy like brainy smurf. Since our views conflict.

I can't recall actually giving my view on this issue, I pretty much stuck to the reality of the situation without saying if clones were good or bad.

zrdRBy8.png

I can't recall actually giving my view on this issue, I pretty much stuck to the reality of the situation without saying if clones were good or bad.

If Im mistaking your intent I give you my apologies, but you have begun to counter post a lot like shewolf, so im not sure if your just disagreeable out of the sake of playing goalie or trying to make relevant points.

I was pointing out the ones who go overboard and snitch when someone catches their eye the wrong way. "Oooooh, Cat's toon is wearing red, he must be cloning daredevil! I must tell on him at once!"

What matters is the decisions of Cryptic GMs. Just because a costume gets reported doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it.

What matters is the decisions of Cryptic GMs. Just because a costume gets reported doesn't mean they're going to do anything about it.
    I think thats my fear, that they will just act on it without consideration, "just in case" as someone else put it. It gets old always being told "no" and "deal with it" it takes the hope out of this game getting better.

I think Im going to take time away from champs...

If Im mistaking your intent I give you my apologies, but you have begun to counter post a lot like shewolf, so im not sure if your just disagreeable out of the sake of playing goalie or trying to make relevant points.

If you keep failing to see that it's Cryptic who make up the rules and police them, and not the playerbase, then I'll keep reminding you.

If you are saying that Cryptic are just taking base reports by players and moderating against those that are being reported without any sort of checking then that's a different story........ nevertheless it's a story that needs backing up to be credible.

Without that back-up it just sounds like you have an axe to grind.

But please do counter post ;)
    zrdRBy8.png

If you keep failing to see that it's Cryptic who make up the rules and police them, and not the playerbase, then I'll keep reminding you.

If you are saying that Cryptic are just taking base reports by players and moderating against those that are being reported without any sort of checking then that's a different story........ nevertheless it's a story that needs backing up to be credible.

Without that back-up it just sounds like you have an axe to grind.

But please do counter post ;)
    no axe to grind, just tired of being told no, you cant do this nor do you deserve that. Its easier to walk away and wash my hands of it. There are a few who get enjoyment out of my costumes, jokes and assistance. So if my cosplays are just eating at any of you that much....snitch on me, fight the good fight >.> ..but i dont want to hear about it anymore!

it does bug me over the growing popularity of: "Cat, you cant associate with those people, they are the wrong sort." Ill make up my own mind of who i spend my time with thankyou, had it occurred to anyone that i maybe trying to help people, that need it? IM not just hanging out watching my neko twitch her tail, ive been talking to a lot of people here. Sometimes people just need a friend to talk to, or advise they cant get from someone too focused on themselves or their vain daily routine. I may not be up to everyones standard but im there for who ever needed me....but even that has worn me out some and i needed a break.

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 975 Arc User
    I know...
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    Dont let me stop you from hating the haters! :P

...but after 3 pages, what have we learned/accomplished..."secretary, read back our progress."

...but after 3 pages, what have we learned/accomplished..."secretary, read back our progress."

Well, we've learned that Catstar really, really wants to play clones, and is annoyed that the rules prohibit that - and somehow this is the fault of "haters" and Cryptic just doing what they're told by users (as if Cryptic has EVER done what we tell them to do...).

jonsills said:

Well, we've learned that Catstar really, really wants to play clones, and is annoyed that the rules prohibit that - and somehow this is the fault of "haters" and Cryptic just doing what they're told by users (as if Cryptic has EVER done what we tell them to do...).
    You seem to really be stuck on one of the arguments I brought up, there was more going on in this thread then just that...but i can tell you guys are in "shut him down mode" right now so i guess i cant expect anyone to see past the wall of throne erected for me.

just.. move that to another thread :c
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

naciiito said:

wow, yeah....its time to find a new game!

naciiito said:

wow, yeah....its time to find a new game!

I meant to move that CC topic to another thread
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

• beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The point I was trying to make is that even homage characters get reported sometimes and the GMs are only doing their jobs, It might seem unfair but it is a risk everyone takes when basing their appearance on pre existing characters.

beezeeze said:

The point I was trying to make is that even homage characters get reported sometimes and the GMs are only doing their jobs, It might seem unfair but it is a risk everyone takes when basing their appearance on pre existing characters.

Im sorry Beez, that pic wasnt aimed at you or anyone other then who I mentioned. I stopped playing champs because I knew the way they where dogging about my cat costumes, they where just going to flood the GMs with endless accusations....and I didnt want to deal with it.

I was actually just responding to her cheap shot with my own. Basically calling her a toxic hypocrite in a way she couldnt deny. She lives from one feud to the next, but fear not, there is still a way for this to have a happy ending, a couple things she did say could lead to a ray of sunshine:

Ok, everyone back off for a moment, and give Spinny the floor...Spinnytop, I have 3 questions for you concerning your posts.

(1) Why do you think I was acting like a victim? Explain your reasoning for the accusation.

(2) When you said: "representing my people" How would my people have acted?

(3) ..and why do you think they would they have acted that way?

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I stopped playing champs because I knew the way they where dogging about my cat costumes, they where just going to flood the GMs with endless accusations....and I didnt want to deal with it.

I'm going to be referencing this later.**

I was actually just responding to her cheap shot with my own. Basically calling her a toxic hypocrite in a way she couldnt deny.

You failed o3o

She lives from one feud to the next

I'm not as dramatic as you. To me they're just conversations and debates. I have the mystical ability to disagree with a person without automatically disliking that person.

but fear not, there is still a way for this to have a happy ending, a couple things she did say could lead to a ray of sunshine:

Ok, everyone back off for a moment, and give Spinny the floor...Spinnytop, I have 3 questions for you concerning your posts.

(1) Why do you think I was acting like a victim? Explain your reasoning for the accusation.

(2) When you said: "representing my people" How would my people have acted?

(3) ..and why do you think they would they have acted that way?

1. cause I've seen you frequently talking about how everyone hates you and is out to get you. Reference: look up at the first thing I quoted in this post.

With the height of maturity and open-mindedness of course ;)

3. because they tend to be hypocrites with poor self awareness.
    edited April 2017
    spinnytop said:

1. cause I've seen you frequently talking about how everyone hates you and is out to get you. Reference: look up at the first thing I quoted in this post.

With the height of maturity and open-mindedness of course ;)

3. because they tend to be hypocrites with poor self awareness.

(1) Your crowding in a joke from other threads with a handful of ornery people complaining about my lolcat costumes here, but you already knew that, you are very good an spinning things and taking out of context in order to flame with almost an artistic flare to hit the right buttons, ok I get the name reference now.

(2) Again, it was a thread dedicated to one side of politics, one you guys wielded like a conqueror. Your utter hatred for someone else on that level makes me wonder how far some of you guys would go if given the opportunity. You did not come off as a nice person nor merciful. You guys also gave the impression you where victims of the election. "oh no, trump this and that..." I pictured the college where they needed a day for coloring and puppies and playdoe...(yes, that really happened...at a college, it was called cry day)

But when you said my people i figured it was a jab at my faith and you where going to start demanding "who are you to judge?!!!!" I could care less about political partys. beat up on them all you want.

(3) since its been established that your talking politics, im not going to argue about it, as i cant speak for people who dont speak for me! Which is too bad, because there would have been peaceful resolution for this had it been the other....but i think your just going to keep railing me until i leave....one more notch on your gun.

spinnytop said:

You failed o3o

If you deny it, it would make you a liar. I called you on something with the hope you would see how you bite and argue in order to cause a flame war with (everyone), until it 'becomes' a drama. I add cat pics for levity, because even with a disagreement, or an angry exchange, I intend to make friends with the person after the fact. But you seem to do yours for the sport of it, so you might not even be listening to me for anything but to formulate a snappy comeback. People like John Sills just do drive-by's and go silent to see how someone reacts to it. (snark and park)

The main draw to the game for me was the tailor, and seeing what I could make next. But there always has to be those bumps on peoples posterior that want to ruin it for others.

Post edited by catstarsto on

edited April 2017
    To be fair Cat, the only one really acting hateful here is you. Take a look in the mirror... or more specifically, take a look at your own posts.

PS - if all the "everyone hates me" was just a joke... then why do you suddenly get very serious when I mention it? Also... was all the victim playing you did in that last post just now also a joke? Hard to tell with you.
    spinnytop said:

To be fair Cat, the only one really acting hateful here is you. Take a look in the mirror... or more specifically, take a look at your own posts.

PS - if all the "everyone hates me" was just a joke... then why do you suddenly get very serious when I mention it? Also... was all the victim playing you did in that last post just now also a joke? Hard to tell with you.

Im not being hateful, to be hateful i would have to hate you...I do not, I am matching you mean for mean. A hateful person would get personal, they would mock you relentlessly, follow you to other threads picking on everything you post, ive seen them....my conscious wouldnt allow me to do that. Im stretching it with our argument as it is.

You keep twisting that joke to use it as an attack. Pushing all of the focus you can on me, in order to take the attention from your own posts. Im not excusing my behavior, im saying dont be a hypocrite acting like Im the only one making a scene. If your nice, im nice, if you bite I will do the same. if you want to let it go so will I...like Jonsills, sometimes hes nice and i enjoy his posts and will joke along with him, when he says something snotty, ill often respond accordingly. Thats just forum life, i dont resent him i often forget about it by the next day.

The whole victim thing you put out there didnt really improve your image, who would trust to bring an issue across to you if they think your just going to try and publicly shame them? This is why i called you a hater, only someone with hatred for another would find it necessary to go that far. I get it, you arent phased when i bring up an issue, but what if you come upon a similar situation in the future...and someone says, "aww poor little you...i guess you will have to deal with it!" Im not sure any of you can see it, when you hate someone they can neither do nor say no right, but when you do like someone they can never do nor say no wrong. This dividing line is why i believe some among are unapproachable, i dont consider myself a victim....if I where i would just sit here and take it like Quasimodo...as you see i did not since I stood up for myself, you perceived it as hatred. i can honestly say i love you...but more often then not you can be a real punk, and not just to me! i wont include you in anymore jokes that way you will not be confused...

But i think this has gone on long enough, ill give you the ground and last word again, because nothing good can come from continuing this.

• jellycupsowbugjellycupsowbug Posts: 358 Arc User
    sanctimony personified
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Damn I missed all the fun. Bloody typical.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    nepht said:

Damn I missed all the fun. Bloody typical.

here, have a cat : 3

edited May 2017

I am matching you mean for mean.
    You keep twisting that joke to use it as an attack. Pushing all of the focus you can on me
    if you bite I will do the same.
    only someone with hatred for another would find it necessary to go that far.
    as you see i did not since I stood up for myself, you perceived it as hatred.

This discussion has been closed.