test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170310.5 - Reign of Frogs Open Mission/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Reign of Frogs Open Mission
  • Updated this open mission to use level scaling tech.
  • Lowered the timers on the second and third phases to 5 minutes.
  • We are currently looking to test the functionality of this mission. Is the mission going through its phases, is it resetting properly, etc.
  • Added Gadroon Box Chest, Alien Organic Dagger Style 1, 2 and Alien Organic Pistol Style 3 costumes to the debugger. The box chest is currently male only.
  • Added Targeting and Presence aura to the debugger.
  • Added Gadroon Mercenary Contract device to the debugger.
  • The Gadroon Mercenary Contract device has been changed into a toggle. When this device is toggled on you will summon 3 Gadroon to fight alongside you for up to 300 seconds. If they are defeated or 300 seconds pass they will despawn and the device will go on a 300 seconds coolown.
  • The Gadroon summoned have received some attack updates.

Collector Lockbox
  • Added Mayhem lockbox items to this vendor.
  • Added more preview images to existing items.
  • Updated the Heroic Bow's textures as it was using incorrect ones.

Misc
  • Lowered the duration of footprint aura to 3 seconds.
  • Made it so the footprint aura cannot be stacked. This was done as the aura was taking up more memory than intended.
  • Added Bleak Hands auras to the pts debugger store.
​​

Comments

• ultrarankgruntultrarankgrunt Posts: 14 Arc User
    There's some clipping issues with the Gadroon box armor. I didn't take pictures, but currently, on the males at default scales, it clips a bit through the chest. This gets worse when chest depth is messed with. Then when body mass is moved up, the top of the box disappears into the MASS OF NECK AND SHOULDER MEAT.

That aside, I'm pretty happy to see this finally put into the game. I've been waiting for it for a long while.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    BUG: steelhead troopers don't register as rescued until the corpses of their captors respawn
    BUG: the respawn rate of Gadroon waves in stage 3 is very long (about 2 minutes); I was able to fire five missiles between wave 1 and 2
    SUGG:
    taking down a giant spaceship by firing a rocket launcher at it is really not superheroic. At all. Turn the spaceship into a boss that can be fought normally. Thoughts on a good boss fight:
    • The spaceship uses vehicle attacks -- I suggest a basic spammable, singularity bomb, grav pulse, medic drones (shoot them fast....), and maybe one or two others.
    • Ground-based characters should have a way to get up to the ship to fight. I like the idea of the ship creating a huge zero gravity field (same as Mechanon's station), but Until flight disks are also viable.
    BUG: in stage 2, steelhead techs aren't rescued until kidnapper corpses despawn.
    BUG: in stage 3, wave timing is now very long (I was able to fire 5 missiles between waves 1 and 2, and the waves were tiny
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    HTML:
    <font color="#ff0000">Bug
    In tailor and presumably outside as well, Gadroon box chest clips underneath tights piece and looks like crap because of it.</font>
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    Please consider making a rainbow-y version of the footprints aura, if you're taking away the ability to stack it. Stacking a red, green, and blue version blended colors to create what looked like shimmering color-changing footsteps in all sorts of hues, and losing that is unfun.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Misc
    • Lowered the duration of footprint aura to 3 seconds.
    • Made it so the footprint aura cannot be stacked. This was done as the aura was taking up more memory than intended.

Will Footprint aura work with travel powers now?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • waybig#9760 waybig Posts: 76 Arc User
    That would be nice, if the Footprint aura scale with super magnifer and super shrinker
    edited April 2017
    What are going to be the Perks-Titles for multiply Reign of Frogs completitions?

Will the OM drop SCR for lvl 40 Characters like Asciing for Trouble?

Im loving that Open Missions slowly get revamped to be more attractive​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Suggestion/Feedback
    Reign of frogs is great. Here's some subjective feedback.

- This is great for lower levels Good drops & XP for my sub-40 Gadgeteer. It's a nice break from the Alert grind. I like content that has rewards that are competitive with alerts.
    - For level 40's and vehicle users it's a bit too easy. Since the Gadroon's are Gravity Manipulators you might want to consider giving them some crowd control - to better handle those that can quite easily mow through them.
    - The final phase of the open mission - is very boring. Perhaps the Gadroon drone attacks should continue for a bit longer.
    It seems like just about 3 waves adn then they stop. But this part of the open mission definitely needs something more.

Overall, I really like this update. I forgot how fun the Gadroon are to fight - and it's nice to handle a mob that we dont' see much of in the end-game. I want to see more of alien mobs like the Gadroon and the Roi'nesh! I'm having a bit of "Shadow Destroyer & Mechanon Fatigue.I really like the mod drops -- more of that please. It would great if other mobs in the game had thematic mod drops like this.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Yeah, the new open-mission is great, the XP vs time is good, and level 40's can farm it for an easy 3 SCR. Add a boss please, after destroying the ship.

blockwave wrote: »
    Yeah, the new open-mission is great, the XP vs time is good, and level 40's can farm it for an easy 3 SCR. Add a boss please, after destroying the ship.

the SCR is really negligible
    also it has Diminish Returns, I had been farming this OM 1 hour now and now I only get 1 SCR​​
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Ew, crowd control. If it was actually done with any finesse, sure, but it's always excessively obnoxious. Roinesh are freaking awful to fight against in Whiteout 5. It's a non-stop ragdoll fest up and down the halls.

Warzone mobs are bad enough. Try to get into range as melee? Here's a knock back. Finally get into range as melee? Here's a rifle butt. And another knock. How about some knocks while you get knocked? Oh, we have another ranged stun for you too! Yay! Or that idiotic worm bubble that moves you nowhere because the triple worm summon was right under you anyway but wastes your time floating in the air. Or that big demon guy that knocks you all over the damn place constantly.

I don't think I've ever played a game with so much aggravating crowd control.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    BUG: LIVE :'(
    since the last patch, Life Essence(50ft range) is no longer processing Concentration, either at range or on a Full Maintain

and my forum enhancement has turned off again..
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Suggestion: Please make Permanent device version of Gravitic Teleporter for SCR store​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    OK, why have the gadroon in the area been permanently removed?
    Only a few of them were involved in reign of frogs. I kill that area for missions because there are more of them together. Trying to find all the ones you need for Gadroxynucleonic(?) is a pain in the rear in the other area.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    BUG:
    Medusa's Presence mod does NOT boost damage from any TK blade powers.
    Please fix.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

BUG:
    Medusa's Presence mod does NOT boost damage from any TK blade powers.
    Please fix.

BUG: In addition to this, the following powers are not classed as Telekinesis Offensive for the purposes of the Medusa's Presence Mod:

- Telekinetic Maelstrom (Ego Damage portion)
    - Lance Rain
    - Ego Choke
    - Mental Impact (New Ultimate)

If this is intended and there is an intention to split the sets or something like that, please state this. As right now it looks like a rather large oversight.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    BUG: Gadroon Mercenary Contract (No Travel Power)
    The Gadroon Mercenaries summoned cannot fly. Unlike other toggle summon pets who can. So they run along the ground or can't keep up effectively with a quickly moving caster.

Bug: Canadian UNTIL & PRIMUS Vendors Broken
    The UNTIL & PRIMUS vendors near Justiciar are broken. The UNTIL vendor has GCR items for sale, while the PRIMUS vendor has no items listed at all. I suspect that both of these vendors were supposed to have been removed a few updates ago.

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    Suggestion: Make the footprints aura (and possibly future aura's like it) scale with character size.
  • Suggestion: Make the footprints aura (and possibly future aura's like it) scale with character size.

+1 to this - giant puppies have big feet, after all​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Better late then never, I guess, filling since the bug seems to be in the object type and repeats in game

BUG/live Teleporters (all scary level objects?) don't let you gain energy when interacted with energy blasters.

Better late then never, I guess, filling since the bug seems to be in the object type and repeats in game

BUG/live Teleporters (all scary level objects?) don't let you gain energy when interacted with energy blasters.

Energy builders don't work on objects, whether or not they're scary. Stage 1 of this mission would be less annoying if the teleporters were made into immobile critters instead of objects.
This discussion has been closed.