test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

#EbonRuin - A rant from this game's BEST PvP player/FORMER promoter on Youtube

oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
#EbonRuin wasn't "balanced", it was straight up rendered useless.

Our cupcake dev is all like, "I'll balance Ebon Ruin by removing Trauma and adding an annoying pet summon %.. Cool, now there are no ranged powers to apply Trauma."

How is that a balance? There is at least 2 melee attack powers to apply Trauma. Removing the only ranged attack that applied Trauma while keeping 2 melee powers with it is not at all a "balancing."
How did Ebon Ruin having Trauma negatively effect PvE, again? Oh, right, it was pointless in PvE and now it's bad in end-game PvE because of the dumb pet summon you stupidly replaced Trauma with.

It's nerf is straight up VINDICTIVE against PvP'ers. Removing PvP awards/breaking the queue's when On Alert pass released wasn't enough? No of course not. You've let PvPers suffer for YEARS with broken queue's, no awards, no incentive to attract new players, etc. PvP used to be the biggest incentive to go Free Form/Gold. Now you just fool PvE players into it for a short time... Just until they get all the end-game items they need then get completely bored.

Where's your justification for this?
Why is this company so hateful towards the (now very small) % of players who use to really enjoy PvP?

<<Much balance; So amaze>>

If you want to have Trauma as a ranged build you HAVE TO USE PESTILENCE PASSIVE now. WTF? Really? I can no longer use any passive I want as a free-form? Such restrictions; No amaze. Now there's people running around with unkillable Pestilence/Compassion builds. AWESOME JOB CO DEV!

Goodbye free-form build options. Goodbye forever. Lack of dev support is to blame, sadly. :angry:
It was On Alert that decided the death of Champion Online's competitive prospects and this agenda has been perpetuated by every developer since.

People only want to win battles with their lousy RP. "I'm a GOD!" says the "RP'er" who's never won a duel in their life. This is the fate of CO. It's a frustrating fate, but you guys wanted this for some reason.

Kaizerin, just disable Hero Games all-together, remove the option to Duel. I'll finally at least know to quit checking in on the state of things and wasting my time/money.

Most businesses value their paying customers, ya know! Just not THIS company.

Comments

• oobtreeoobtree Posts: 1,068 Arc User
    gradii said:

Ebon ruin not having trauma is probably a good thing becuase being able to apply trauma from 100 feet apparently was too OP. However the pet is really stupid and the damage is still lackluster for a t3 power so the pet should go and the damage should be buffed a little.​​

You were never a PvPer. Your opinion is garbage.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    oobtree said:

You were never a PvPer. Your opinion is garbage.

It's fact. I'll call it as I see it on my own thread. Gradii has a history of pretending to know it all. Gradii has a history of trolling the Hero Games forums. All these nerfs are probably thanks to this slithering snake whispering nonsense into Kaizerin's ears.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    oobtree said:

It's fact. I'll call it as I see it on my own thread. Gradii has a history of pretending to know it all. Gradii has a history of trolling the Hero Games forums. All these nerfs are probably thanks to this slithering snake whispering nonsense into Kaizerin's ears.

tbh gonna be real with you fam, I don't think it's Gradii that has a direct line to Kaiserin's ear.

tbh gonna be real with you fam, I don't think it's Gradii that has a direct line to Kaiserin's ear.

You might be right. Most people see through @gradii 's nonsensical BS.
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Maybe because melee PvPers still exist and are already at a huge disadvantage?
    Ink@Opalsky in game
    edited April 2017
    opalflame said:

Maybe because melee PvPers still exist and are already at a huge disadvantage?

If you think this is the case now, you are 100% wrong. Melee is the strongest it's ever been, which is great, but it has nothing to do with #EbonRuin
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    Removing Trauma from Ebon Ruin doesn't make much sense to me too, but if you're going to start petty little flame wars in your own suggestion thread and make things toxic, don't be surprised if your feedback gets ignored.
    edited April 2017

Removing Trauma from Ebon Ruin doesn't make much sense to me too, but if you're going to start petty little flame wars in your own suggestion thread and make things toxic, don't be surprised if your feedback gets ignored.

I did preface this thread with a subject specifying it was a rant, did I not? K, thanks. Glad you almost agree, too bad your attitude is fake and egotistical about it.

Edit: Your reply is as toxic as it gets. Logical? Hardly. Move along peasant. ;)
    The person who's outright calling himself the "best pvp player" in ****ing caps is calling me fake and egotistical?

Haha. Hahahahaha.

Get off your high horse, and look in a mirror sometime.

The person who's outright calling himself the "best pvp player" in ****ing caps is calling me fake and egotistical?

Haha. Hahahahaha.

Get off your high horse, and look in a mirror sometime.

Way to contribute useless ego to a thread. Hey thanks for your input.
    edited April 2017
    Know what? I've always been in the opinion that things like PVP queues should be fixed. I've stated this before various times in the past. I'm very much opposite of being a PVP hater.

So now because I've realistically mentioned that starting flame wars gets in the way of constructive feedback, I'm being called fake and egotistical.

Eh, nevermind might as well play the part. I think I'm okay with PVP getting shafted and ****ed in the rear. The salt is so goddamn entertaining. Keep up the good work Kai.

Know what? I've always been in the opinion that things like PVP queues should be fixed. I've stated this before various times in the past. I'm very much opposite of being a PVP hater.

So now because I've realistically mentioned that starting flame wars gets in the way of constructive feedback, I'm being called fake and egotistical.

Eh, nevermind might as well play the part. I think I'm okay with PVP getting shafted and ****ed in the rear. The salt is so goddamn entertaining. Keep up the good work Kai.

I'm certain you're fine with it. You've never been a contributor. Give me some links where you gave a ****?

At any rate, you're the one who started talking ****. Don't turn this around on me for defending my own thread.
    edited April 2017
    People who have loved PvP have been treated like dirt since On Alert released. Denying this is simply ignorant. You're not a Trump voter? Prove it and actually make a difference in a game that has .0001% the population of the USA...
    edited April 2017
    gradii said:

oobtree wrote: »

You might be right. Most people see through @gradii 's nonsensical BS.

Dude we used to be duel buddies then you suddenly started with this nonsensical crap. Stop it and apologize, it does not suit you.​​

Duel buddies? I think we dueled once, maybe twice 2+ years ago, and you never won. You're jaded and now talk out of your *** about a power you never used or knew why to use it. Now.. Well, there's simply no way to reduce someone's healing power without using 1 of 2 melee attacks, or the Pestilence passive. Let's remember there's plenty of gear that boosts heal strength as well as passives/specs to boost it more. How do you think not having one, FREAKING ONE power, to cut that healing bonus in half at range isn't fair when there's still 2 melee powers that do the same?

Again, Ebon Ruin never previously affected PvE so why else nerf it's ability to apply trauma UNLESS it was to spite PvPer's?

I just don't understand how this is justified. But this is Trump's Amerikkka.
    edited April 2017
    oobtree said:

I'm certain you're fine with it. You've never been a contributor. Give me some links where you gave a ****?

At any rate, you're the one who started talking ****. Don't turn this around on me for defending my own thread.

I'm not going to go through the effort of digging up years worth of posts just to validate anything to someone who's been nothing but disrespectful and insulting to me at the start. I do that sort of thing for people I consider friends or people who are interested in constructive dialogue. I know what I've said, but the following did come up in search: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/1973280

That was me commending you on your videos and even defending you when someone was starting crap over them. A sign of me giving a ****.

I don't really care if that changes your opinion of me in the slightest. Was just interested in showing how your labelling of me being a "peasant", "egoistical" and "fake" are nothing but foaming-at-the-mouth BS.
    edited April 2017

oobtree said:

I'm not going to go through the effort of digging up years worth of posts just to validate anything to someone who's been nothing but disrespectful and insulting to me at the start. I do that sort of thing for people I consider friends or people who are interested in constructive dialogue. I know what I've said, but the following did come up in search: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/1973280

That was me commending you on your videos and even defending you when someone was starting crap over them. A sign of me giving a ****.

I don't really care if that changes your opinion of me in the slightest. Was just interested in showing how your labelling of me being a "peasant", "egoistical" and "fake" are nothing but foaming-at-the-mouth BS.
    Cool but, none of that has anything to do with this thread and the nerf to #EbonRuin does it? I mean, do you want brownie points for defending me 3 years ago? haha. Defend the playerbase and against the way this game's DEV's/CEO's treat it's core mechanics for the love of God...

Your supplied link proves one thing, you don't PvP. You didn't 3 years ago and you do not now. What was your input on this thread about #EbonRuin again...?

I'm sorry I upset you tonight, but it doesn't justify a game company totally screwing an entire playerbase.. ..for as many years old as your link/post was... We've reached a limit, and I'm gonna bit** a lot now so just let me bit**.
    My input on Ebon Ruin is that it makes no sense to remove Trauma from it since it's already such a rare mechanic, especially for ranged powers. I don't find it a particularly broken mechanic either. Healing debuffs are really a strictly situational advantage to have in PVE and I don't see a reason for having less of them than before, and for PVP? I'm sure there are enough other ways to inflict major damage to overcome healing in place of having a healing debuff, so the option of ranged Trauma being used in PVP shouldn't be taken away.

I haven't PVP'ed for that long because 1) I don't enjoy duels and 2) broken queues. I played the heck out of ZA with the occasional Stronghold in-between in the past. Obviously I've always been wanting queues to be fixed.

• opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Ranged still has quite a big advantage. I just don't see how melee having one thing ranged doesn't have is such a problem when a ranged build can attack from 100 feet away.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Doesn't grasping shadows apply trauma? That one may be only 50 foot though. I think it also has a pretty significant charge time, and a 15? second cooldown.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
This discussion has been closed.