test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ego Blades Bug

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Gameplay Bugs
With criswolf09's alongside testing, we discovered the following bug:

Ego Blade Breach applies it's Paranormal Damage Buff separately to it's dual bladed version 'Id Blade Breach'.

This means that both buffs can be stacked past the intended 3 stacks based on the number of players attacking a single target:

Example: criswolf and I managed to apply up to six stacks of each debuff by ourselves. This worked effectively to amplify the damage.

Below is a picture of the both debuffs stacked side by side by my character. Each stack could go beyond 3 stacks maximum with another player involved:

@kaizerin

Comments

• criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    That's correct, we also discovered that the Ego Blade Breach debuff ( from Single TK Blade) version of the power could stack up to 6 times along another version called Id Blade Breach (the version of the power with two TK Blades)​​
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Considering Melee TK Blades' really sad state, this is more of a blessing for the time being​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    How bout they Review some more sets that need updating (And making the game-play better) then prioritizing profit.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I would imagine there is some sort of review coming soon, can't say for what (obvs), but the problem with this particular bug is that it also means magic and dimensional damage from other players can be greatly super boosted.

I definitely agree that TK Blades should be updated and given all the current melee single blade and dual blade variants they are lacking.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    You are talking about a really unpopular powerframe
    during cosmics me and another person were the only melee TK users, and I hardly see anyone else

currently the debuff is using old mechanics
    I definitely agree that TK Blades should be updated and given all the current melee single blade and dual blade variants they are lacking.
    It's not about the power variety here
    TK Blades damage is overwelming compared to other rapture mechanics like Single Blade
    not to mention the whole STAT Scaling shanenigans along with a toggle which hasn't been updated

Range TK blade with TK Assault and TK Lance have better DPS than their melee counterparts​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

You are talking about a really unpopular powerframe

during cosmics me and another person were the only melee TK users, and I hardly see anyone else. currently the debuff is using old mechanics

It's not about the power variety here. TK Blades damage is overwelming compared to other rapture mechanics like Single Blade not to mention the whole STAT Scaling shanenigans along with a toggle which hasn't been updated. Range TK blade with TK Assault and TK Lance have better DPS than their melee counterparts​​

The damage debuff applies to Paranormal Damage, which is more than just Ego, which is what I was getting at.

As a TK Blade user myself, I completely understand how lacking the mini set is within Telekinesis compared to the more "Conventional" Weaponry power sets.

Whilst yes, a damage boost is necessary, there are complications such as Ego Weaponry being able to apply a self heal whilst attacking, but again, that's only one power.

All I'm doing with the OP is drawing attention to a bug which could cause problems even though hardly anyone uses the TK Blade set.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    I don't recall seeing this since I hardly encounter any Ego Blade builds, or if I'm playing as one (Alex) their isn't anyone else.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."