test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HELP! mysterious loss of big chunk of damage :(

Yesterday my shadow strike was 21k today its 16k WTF.

I decided to come back to CO recently. Updated my build in the powerhouse on pts. I then updated my build on live. I'm sure my damage numbers were correct before I left the power house on live. Every thing was normal yesterday. Today my damage is significantly down. I copied my live build to PTS so I could compare the numbers more easily. As far as I can tell every thing is the same.

I don't recall doing anything that should cause this but maybe I'm missing something.
my gear is exactly the same. My super stats are exactly the same. My offense is exactly the same. The damage buffs in the tool tips for my passive (night warrior) and toggle (Enrage) are exactly the same. The damage numbers for my attack tool tips are not the same. What could I have done to cause this? Is it a bug?
This is making me feel crazy/stupid. :s

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    That was it!
    #facepalm

I know what happened now. I was testing pinnacle game profiler on a new controller last night in bash. When I spam a certain button it was unintentionally causing my build to switch. I guess I didn't notice because I was in the middle of a pvp match.

Thx for helping me clear that up.

2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Surprised it didn't remove all your gear and scramble your powers as well. I guess you keep your builds relatively up to date.
  • Options
    sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    No, I only have one up to date build.
    When I got build switched it did scramble every thing as well (including my costume).

To be more clear, I'm thinking one of two things happened.

1. Pinnacle switched my role when it was glitching out and changing my build.
    2. I unknowingly clicked on the role button when I was frantically trying to get my build back while getting killed and farmed.

This glitch happened several times over the course of 2 bash matches so its hard to tell exactly when/how it happened.

I assume you know what pinnacle is. Its not perfect but I needed it because you don't seem to be able to remap the xbox controller keymaps and I needed something more customized.