test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power lacktivation

cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Power Discussion
I've noticed a few inconsistencies in power activations (and lack thereof) and was curious if some of the more experienced folks could explain why/how they happen.

Example 1 - I have two melee toons I have been playing more regularly lately, one using massacre and one haymaker. The massacre toon I can easily begin holding down the button before the last animation finishes and get a really nice spam sequence going. It also makes dealing with any lag much more pleasant. Haymaker however requires precise timing to get that same sequence since if I start it slightly early it won't activate at all. Intended? Bug? HM is so annoyingly slow to charge anyway this is kinda frustrating. I am not talking about the difference in charge times between them, just the ability of how fast I can start each after the previous strike.

Example 2 - Ego Surge vs. Lock and Load - When activating AOs, lets say at Kiga when timing doesn't really play into dps checks or anything, I've noticed that if I activate LnL it is pretty much instant and I can immediately continue dpsing. Ego Surge, nope. There is an activation delay. I mean I am certain I click the power, actually see the icon light up but then after I hit another power the icon goes back to normal and no ES. Neither of these powers list an activation time but it is clear one of them is quicker to activate than the other. Again, intended?

Example 3 - This probably happens on other powers and I am just remembering these. On the massacre toon I am using eviscerate to refresh bleed/shredded. At ape I like to do this between the bubble and PBAoE so I don't have to rebuild bleeds. If I click eviscerate anywhere close to a block (even with, say 0.5 second off the buttons before blocking) it will never activate. I've learned I need to click eviscerate and then quickly some other attack power (doesn't matter what) for eviscerate to function. This happens even when I am clicking two powers in sequence faster than the delay I was giving to Ev before blocking. Anyone know why?

Oh yeah - Will O Wisp does this too and I think Pillar of Poz. Alone with a time cushion before block = bupkis. Quickly hitting any of them and immediately hitting an attack afterward (even if the attack doesn't finish before block) = success.

I'm sure there are more but these stick in my mind.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Is there a chance the characters with different performance have different settings for their energy builders? In general the way powers work in CO is that you can have one power in the process of activating, and a second power queued up for later activation, but using another power will replace the queued power, and your energy builder, if toggled on, will also replace the queued power.
  • cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I think they both have EB toggled on usually, which given the above is more of a problem for haymaker than massacre. I can test for this effect though.

The ranged dps in the LL/ES example would not though, nor would the WoW /PoP toon.