test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170310.7 - Cybernetic Lockbox/Misc

2»

Comments

• raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

So let me get this straight ... with the attempt shown above, between $90-$100 of real money worth of items (100 keys) were used to open lockboxes, and all of the pieces of the set were still not unlocked? This sounds like a poor deal to me.

Pretty much the exact reason I think they should NOT split up the costumes... the odds of getting items of value went up... but the underlying problem of feeling cheated hasn't really gone away... It's far more satisfying to not get endless junk but it's far less satisfying to get the same pieces of the costume over and over again when you're trying to get that one last piece or they one piece you really wanted from the start...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • raighn wrote: »
    Pretty much the exact reason I think they should NOT split up the costumes... the odds of getting items of value went up... but the underlying problem of feeling cheated hasn't really gone away... It's far more satisfying to not get endless junk but it's far less satisfying to get the same pieces of the costume over and over again when you're trying to get that one last piece or they one piece you really wanted from the start...

you do know this game has a trading system, right? if you keep getting pieces you already have, find someone who has the piece(s) you don't have but not the ones you have extras of and ask to trade

or just dump them on the AH and use the resulting money from sales to buy the one you want, but direct trading is better since you don't have to deal with that stupid tax​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    edited April 2017

you do know this game has a trading system, right? if you keep getting pieces you already have, find someone who has the piece(s) you don't have but not the ones you have extras of and ask to trade

or just dump them on the AH and use the resulting money from sales to buy the one you want, but direct trading is better since you don't have to deal with that stupid tax​​

I'm aware... but the problem is that some pieces will inevitably end up "rarer" than others... while ideally each piece would have the same value, the fact of the matter is they won't...

looking through my test results, if everyone were to have the same sort of luck with their lockboxes then the hair would have the lowest value due to it being "the most common piece" while the braces and shoulders would have the highest value due to them being "the rarest pieces"...

so while I may theoretically be able to trade or sell the parts I don't need to get the parts I still need, the reality is that I may end up with a dozen copies of the same piece that just won't sell because everyone has it and the part I still need costs a fortune.... This happened with the old grab bag costumes, despite each piece having supposedly the same drop chance, some pieces just turned up far more often than others and the ones that didn't show up often had inflated prices as a result.

I just don't want to see Cryptic repeat the same mistakes again... we've already seen the results of splitting up costumes... it wasn't good... they were fine for events (and honestly should be returned to event goodie bags in that manner) but when it comes to the cash shop it's not good.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Keep costume as one unlock in Lock-box. Have costume pieces for sale in ZEN store.
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    Did a bit of testing on the pts ... i was interested in how many boxes it would take opening to get the whole set ... this was boring as heck, so i only tested it 5 times ... the results were: 116, 133, 103, 209, 236, with an average of 159 boxes/keys. So, if your luck looks like mine, you will only have to spend approximately $160 to get all those unlocks (less if you buy your keys in bundles, get your keys by other methods, or come across peeps actually selling the piece you happen to need). My luck with other boxes has tended to need around 35 to 55 boxes/keys before i have got the costume set (with two exception way outside this range: once i got a box on the third key, once it took 89.) I can't speak of other people's luck, only my own.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited April 2017

I think people forget. For us it's a game - for the developers it's a business.

Which equates to more Gambling, people can just as easily help others in giving then taking for themselves.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR THE BUTT CAPE, hoping there's more of those in the future in different styles and lengths. Idk where this clothing idea would go, but I was also hoping for a possible sleeveless trenchcoat as a costume piece. I think that could give some cool ideas for outfits people can make, including one of my own that I have already.​​
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Devs did try this before, but does anyone know what the data looked like of then VS now? Was there even any data? Things the 10 people on this board say are not always a reflection of reality. It may have zero impact on key sales. While data shouldn't be the only things devs look at, sometimes what players say isn't accurate either.

If there is a problem with the RNG favoring certain parts when it shouldn't, that's a separate issue that should be addressed. If all bits drop with equal chance and players can trade / sell what they don't want, no one should be opening boatloads of boxes to get the full set if they don't want to.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    [a Ratty enters forum]

Individual costumes....

*looks at game launcher hit close*

[a Ratty exits forum]
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Legion and Mercenary gear will be absent from this lockbox.
    OH NO!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    sterga said:

If there is a problem with the RNG favoring certain parts when it shouldn't, that's a separate issue that should be addressed. If all bits drop with equal chance and players can trade / sell what they don't want, no one should be opening boatloads of boxes to get the full set if they don't want to.​​

Another possible issue, even if all drops have equal rates, is that not all drops will have equal desirability.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    sterga said:

A bit of a misconception on how probability actually works...

If you have a jar with 1000 marbles, and there are 10 different colors, 100 of each... Probability says that if you reach in and grab a marble at random there is a 10% chance of it being any specific color. In a perfect world if you grab 100 marbles at random, record the color, and toss it back in the jar you would have pulled exactly 10 of each color... but in the real world you would have varied quantities of each color and even the potential of having none of a particular color. Probability isn't the study of what will happen, merely the chance of it happening. In fact, you could draw a red marble 100 times in a row from the jar and the probability of a 10% chance to draw a red marble would still be true despite it happening 100% of the time in your attempt.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User

I really like both Teleport skins...

Upload is the winner for me though!

Upload Teleport pictures here:

>>CLICK ME<<

Phase Out pictures here:

>>CLICK ME<<

(Apologies for the weird angles)

Now your character can enter the Matrix too(!)

As for Lock on...

>>CLICK ME<<

(Note: I don't seem to be able to see any energy returns from this device when fulfilling the energy gain conditions within the allotted time.)</p>

I have to admit, they look really nice, like always super rare and over-priced in the AH, mind you, but they do look very visually appealing, only spite I guess whuold be the noise it makes, chuold get annoying if used to a extent.

Unsure if anyone else, has the issue.

Psi.
    jonesing4 said:

Is this one of those things that is already decided, or will you be listening to feedback on this one after testing?

What do you think?
    Psi.
    SUGGESTION: (AKA: The Shredder): Make the Travel Powers drop-rate much lower
    Psi.
    edited April 2017
    I can guarantee you that the unpopular costume pieces of the "SET" will be stuck unsold in AH

Again this is a horrible thing to do, it reveals that once again, the game economy is exclusively to Lockboxes (making it easier to trade EH!?) instead of anything ingame

If you want people to open more cashgrab lootcrates, start adding new interesting stuff inside them
    DO NOT break the costume set formula to manipulate your playerbase, especially the part of your playerbase who loves costumes

Also worth noticing, This new lockbox update won't bring any powerframe revamp as it seems
    Really shame because this would be a nice chance to Revamp Gadgeteer, but again, that powerframe is all over the place

Eh, at least Telekinesis got an unorthodox looking ultimate​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Didn't this whole lockbox fiasco started by adding some bad secondaries like mercs into the mix while adding vehicle mods with the normal mods table loot?
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    So let me get this straight ... with the attempt shown above, between $90-$100 of real money worth of items (100 keys) were used to open lockboxes, and all of the pieces of the set were still not unlocked? This sounds like a poor deal to me.
    Do people really need/use every item from a given costume set though? Remember, you can trade any duplicates or unwanted pieces for the pieces you want. Using Raighn's test as an example of what to expect, someone who wants the full set will almost certainly have more than enough costume pieces to trade for the ones needed to finish the set. Under the old system, the odds are less reliable, meaning you could get lucky and get the full set after opening just a few boxes, or you could open over 100 and not get it. Steady progress toward a goal is always better than praying to RNGsus.

I really do think this new way of costume distribution will be all right, and people are getting concerned about it over nothing.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The problem is that some pieces will end up not being as desirable and others more desirable. If they all have an equal probability there will be some people with more of the less desirable and some with the more desirable. It will not be just an even swap.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Cybernetic Lockbox
    A major complaint with the past lockboxes is that players don't feel like they're getting much of value from a lockbox

Legion and Mercenary gear will be absent from this lockbox.

​​

I guess I did not see that. SO how exactly are you adding more value when you are taking out Legion's gear? I'm fairly certain that Legion's and Costumes are basically the only things that truly add any value to the lockboxes.

The dumb just got dumber....remove Legion's, split up costumes. What's next? Need 2x Keys to open a Lockbox to make it feel more "rewarding" ?!

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I actually liked the costume sets being split up in lockboxes.

What I find with the "Whole set" approach is that a) I never get the darn drops from the boxes (and I'm not spending money on this game to get nothing of any use when I can spend the same amount elsewhere and get, y'know, actual in-game stuff like starships and tanks) and b) it means the sets which are in the AH are usually too expensive for the amount of G I have on any particular toon. Splitting them up means I have more chance of getting things I can sell, or use if I like the individual pieces. So the occasional part-set lockbox suits me fine.

I actually liked the costume sets being split up in lockboxes.

What I find with the "Whole set" approach is that a) I never get the darn drops from the boxes (and I'm not spending money on this game to get nothing of any use when I can spend the same amount elsewhere and get, y'know, actual in-game stuff like starships and tanks) and b) it means the sets which are in the AH are usually too expensive for the amount of G I have on any particular toon. Splitting them up means I have more chance of getting things I can sell, or use if I like the individual pieces. So the occasional part-set lockbox suits me fine.

Or, they could do the right thing and just remove the junk rewards from the main rewards table on lockboxes and put them in as secondary rewards... That way every lockbox is certain to give you something of value... They have gone a step in the right direction this time by moving the booster boxes to secondary rewards... now if they would just move the rest of the junk rewards there...

Splitting up the costumes only makes it look like there's more value, but in actuality they are actually further decreasing the value... because now instead of getting worthless junk, you're going to be getting the same pieces over and over again that are flooding the market with next to no value while the pieces your missing or really want are nowhere to be seen. You may open 100 lockboxes and get 40 costume parts that only sell for 1-5G each due to high supply and low demand and need 1.5kG to get the one piece you're after...

No thanks... I'd rather see them put the sets back together and remove the junk rewards to make lockboxes have actual value for a change.
    jniKqKJ.png
    K. says this splitting of costumes is an "experiment." Of course, this experiment was tried before and proved unpopular and so the all-or-nothing costumes we currently have. I encourage K. to be truly novel and experimental and include both complete costumes and individual pieces. That would actually be something the devs have not tried before. If it doesn't work, hey, it's just an experiment.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    The Teleporters in the previous lockbox, among other things, were unwelcomed in the trading community of the game. They were nothing more than JUNK, and those kind of junk items needs to be eliminated to make opening lockboxes more appealing​​
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

I encourage K. to be truly novel and experimental and include both complete costumes and individual pieces. That would actually be something the devs have not tried before. If it doesn't work, hey, it's just an experiment.

We've had that for many lockboxes already: complete set, plus one to three additional pieces, like a weapon skin, the Sehket's arms, glow tights, etc.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User

I encourage K. to be truly novel and experimental and include both complete costumes and individual pieces. That would actually be something the devs have not tried before. If it doesn't work, hey, it's just an experiment.

We've had that for many lockboxes already: complete set, plus one to three additional pieces, like a weapon skin, the Sehket's arms, glow tights, etc.

that's not what was requested. Not one set + extra pieces not found in the set. The request is the full set (one single drop) and all the individual pieces that make up the set (separate drops).
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Hmmm...

It will be interesting to see how this *experiment lockbox drop* goes; however, it would not surprise me if the devs decide to keep it and use it for future lockboxes.

In my opinion, splitting up costumes in pieces does not appeal to me, especially when it is the ONLY way to obtain those costumes.

From my experience, when costumes are split into pieces and put into *gamble boxes* it becomes less appealing to obtain those costumes. Players become bored quickly with opening so many boxes to recieve not only costume pieces, but add-ons that are not useful to them. Not only will the AH be filled with extra unwanted costume pieces, but also the lockbox itself. Without exta incentives to open *piecemeal* lockboxes, they will not generate long term interest or income. Some games offer alternative ways of obtaining those costume pieces besides the lockbox, but they are little more than *long grinding content*, which has a high probability of boring players very quickly.

SUGGESTION: Please consider the suggestions others (and myself) are making to have the full costumes sets available in the Zen Store along with the pieces from the lockbox. Remove not only the Mercenary and Legion Gear from the Cybernetic Lockbox, but also all versions of the Mod, Booster and Questionite boxes as well; make it a true *Costume Piece Lockbox*.

Yep. I have to say that I dread opening a bunch of lock boxes and ending up with 5 of something I really don't want and that I can't unload at a price that will get me 1 piece I do want. I might feel a little more hopeful if K. confirmed that all pieces had the same drop rate.
    xacchaeus said:

that's not what was requested. Not one set + extra pieces not found in the set. The request is the full set (one single drop) and all the individual pieces that make up the set (separate drops).
    JwLmWoa.png

Yep. I have to say that I dread opening a bunch of lock boxes and ending up with 5 of something I really don't want and that I can't unload at a price that will get me 1 piece I do want. I might feel a little more hopeful if K. confirmed that all pieces had the same drop rate.

Even if they do all have the same drop rate, it's an inevitability that some parts will be more desirable, unwanted, or simply more plentiful than others... Even with identical drop rates in the system, there is actually a greater chance of there being a massive variance in the numbers of each piece available than there is of there actually being an identical number... even more so with Computer based randomization... the pieces located closer to the center of the drop table are actually more likely to drop than the ones near the ends... RNG systems have a tendency to favor the middle of their defined ranges, due to the calculations used for RNG.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    raighn said:

RNG systems have a tendency to favor the middle of their defined ranges, due to the calculations used for RNG.

Competently implemented pseudo-random number generators have no such tendency, though it's not impossible that CO is incompetent.
    raighn wrote: »
    No thanks... I'd rather see them put the sets back together and remove the junk rewards to make lockboxes have actual value for a change.

Think about how lockboxes are now. Mods have flooded the game because of how they are in every box. There is no reason to up your fusion skill or farm up content for mods when decent ones are plentiful and cheap on the AH.

Rotating out the low end items might help, but it might just be replacing old junk with new junk. Keys are super cheap and lockboxes rain from the skies. Anything that ends up as common rarity is going to flood into the game. I can't imagine how hard it is to balance. The way lockboxes were added into the game and how heavily they are pushed created a mess. There is no easy fix for that.​​
    edited April 2017
    sterga said:

Think about how lockboxes are now. Mods have flooded the game because of how they are in every box. There is no reason to up your fusion skill or farm up content for mods when decent ones are plentiful and cheap on the AH.

Rotating out the low end items might help, but it might just be replacing old junk with new junk. Keys are super cheap and lockboxes rain from the skies. Anything that ends up as common rarity is going to flood into the game. I can't imagine how hard it is to balance. The way lockboxes were added into the game and how heavily they are pushed created a mess. There is no easy fix for that.​​

In all fairness I've been of the firm belief since the day it was announced that PWE was buying Cryptic from Atari that Lockboxes have no place here... sadly they were inevitable since Lockboxes are pretty much PWE's staple source of income... which is rather funny since they are a Chinese company and have to region lock China from nearly every game on ARC due to the lockboxes constituting gambling...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    raighn wrote: »
    RNG systems have a tendency to favor the middle of their defined ranges, due to the calculations used for RNG.
    I figured I'd put that to the test with a quick function to draw 500 randomly-selected pixels per row on a 500x500 canvas. Here's the results:

rA2TbAP.png

So no, that's not really true. The only time rng will favor values in the middle is if you use a multiple-dice model by rolling 2 or more N-sided dice.​​
    Post edited by aesica on
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    Could someone post some pictures of the pieces please? Can't access the PTS since Silver :c
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    For what it's worth, I've got to say the old style costume pieces were a horrible, horrible idea. It was quite frustrating that some pieces were practically worthless, while others went for 2-3k globals. At least with full costume sets the costs are fairly consistent across the board.

The problem of trying to use the trading based economy to acquire the pieces you need is, as others have stated, that certain items will be more desirable than others. Anyone who played the game when Vibora Bay was new content can remember the tumult of trying to acquire a butt cape or voodoo back for anything less than 10k, while items like the vampire breeches went for a song.

Costume sets sold by piece should be maintained as rewards that can be earned through repeated play, like the events, or the various vendors. It should not be released as a random drop for lockboxes, unless Cryptic is willing to vastly decrease the rarity of such items, or do as some have suggested, and provide full sets alongside individual costume pieces.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    raighn said:

Kaiserin, the issue people have with lockboxes is all the "junk" rewards in them... we dont want to spend real money to open a box and get stuff like booster crates, random mods, and questionite all the time. Give us a guarantee of getting something unique to the lockbox, remove the filler junk or make the filler junk an additional reward.

Splitting up the costume wont change that... you have to actually make the boxes worth opening.

I'd argue removing the gear from the boxes would make some folks open them LESS as well. Honestly the chance for the gear was the biggest draw for me, NOT costume parts or anything else in them.
    kamokami said:

If you truly meant it when you said you want to cut down on the feeling that you get 'junk' if you don't win the top prize, you know just as well as we do that this won't accomplish that.

Why not? That's what I'm looking forward to.

Although one unintended consequence might be less system messages about lucky boxes, which might cause less people to open them? Not sure how much those help.

In any case, they seem to just be trying it out with this lockbox. If less people open boxes as a result, then they can always revert back to the set pieces for future boxes.

It's an experiment and not a huge deal if it doesn't work. I'm glad that stuff is being tried
    And this is a good argument too. Hmmm
    If this experiment is going to be done, I'd still like to see the full set available in the Collector's store once the box is done in addition to the pieces. Give players a choice. Anyone that can't simply wait and wants all the pieces now can do so. People who get a few pieces now can still get the rest later. People with patience can wait for the full set with gold foil vouchers.

But doing this needs to be told to players when the box is released not 4 months after.

You can still buy Merc gear with zen by converting it to Q at some very favorable rates. You can also buy some really damn good secondaries with Q. Being able to buy legion gear with real money was a mistake. Especially in combination with how flipping grindy it is to get anything better or even Heroics which is a lower tier.​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    We already tried having individual costumes drop from lockboxes, it was a terrible idea then, it's just as terrible of an idea now. There was nothing worse then opening multiple boxes only to end up with 6 bracers. That didn't make the lockboxes feel like they had more value. If anything that removes value from the lockboxes. Repeating this 'experiment' would fall into the definition of insanity.

This 'experiment' feels like it has more to do with key sales then it does with adding value to the lockboxes.
    Post edited by draogn on
  • sigmaseven0sigmaseven0 Posts: 714 Arc User
    BUG:Upload teleport does not make you invisible. Onlookers can see your digital body and the numbers in the air around you.

Bug:Reign of Frogs Open Mission
    Gadroon mobs continue to spawn from teleportation pads even after the pads are destroyed.
    When you rescue the solders, they take a long time to register as saved and play the appropriate animation.

PVP is starving without rewards

1. Please give us Daily PVP missions that reward Questionite.
    2. Please give us an exchange rate between Acclaim and Recognition so that PVP has access to all "On Alert" PVE rewards.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I figured I'd put that to the test with a quick function to draw 500 randomly-selected pixels per row on a 500x500 canvas. Here's the results:

rA2TbAP.png

So no, that's not really true. The only time rng will favor values in the middle is if you use a multiple-dice model by rolling 2 or more N-sided dice.

That's a boat, right?

And maybe right/left pieces should be separated also. More chances for getting pieces. Right?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    sterga said:

If this experiment is going to be done, I'd still like to see the full set available in the Collector's store once the box is done in addition to the pieces. Give players a choice. Anyone that can't simply wait and wants all the pieces now can do so. People who get a few pieces now can still get the rest later. People with patience can wait for the full set with gold foil vouchers.

But doing this needs to be told to players when the box is released not 4 months after.

You can still buy Merc gear with zen by converting it to Q at some very favorable rates. You can also buy some really damn good secondaries with Q. Being able to buy legion gear with real money was a mistake. Especially in combination with how flipping grindy it is to get anything better or even Heroics which is a lower tier.​​

I disagree. The gear actually made some of the boxes worth it. If they actually get rid of some of the junk in the boxes I might consider opening some of these new ones. As it is now there is no point to these lockboxes for me. And therefore less of a reason to get keys. Costume pieces simply don't impress me as the "purple item" in them.

The whole point is to make opening these boxes desirable.

With that said this is only an experiment. Wouldn't surprise me if the next lockbox continues to include gear.
    draogn wrote: »
    This 'experiment' feels like it has more to do with key sales then it does with adding value to the lockboxes.

Well, duh. That's part of the problem: key sales. Cryptic probably shouldn't be putting the bulk of their profits in the key basket. Adding costume sets in the cash shop at the end of a box run could have been a thing and also something people have asked for. But Cryptic went the "more keys!" route and created the Collector store.

Until the tunnel vision goes away, none of the lockbox experiments are going to be particularly meaningful.​​
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    sterga said:

The move to 150 SCR per Heroic killed my enthusiasm for the game more than any decision made by any dev regime.
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    Ok, here's a lil test:

Box 01: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Gloves)
    Box 03: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 08: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Tights)
    Box 11: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Shoulderpads)
    Box 14: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Tights)
    Box 18: Target Locked Device
    Box 22: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Boots)
    Box 25: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 30: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 32: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 37: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 41: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Shoulderpads)
    Box 47: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 50: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mohawk)
    Box 52: Upload Teleport Device(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 57: Kneel Recovery Emote
    Box 60: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 62: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Gloves)
    Box 64: Loyal Sidekick Errorlevel
    Box 67: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Shoulderpads)
    Box 69: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mane)
    Box 74: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mohawk)
    Box 77: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 79: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 82: Mental Impact
    Box 86: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyber Stealth Mask)
    Box 87: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mane)
    Box 92: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Shoulderpads)
    Box 93: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Gloves)
    Box 100: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Collar)

Total:
    6 Cyberntic Tights
    4 Cybernetic Shoulderpads
    3 Cyberetic Gloves
    3 Cybernetic Belt
    3 Cyberpunk Hair
    2 Mechanical Main
    2 Mechanical Mohawk
    1 Cybernetic Collar
    1 Cyber Stealth Mask
    1 Cybernetic Boot

Did Not Get:
    -Upload Teleport Unlock
    -Suspicious Emote
    -Cybernetic Jaw
    -Cybernetic Arm Acc
    -Cybernetic Bracers
    -Mechanical Monster
    -Cyber Stealth Hair

Junk:
    100 Modification Case
    35 Modification Case
    16 Rare Modification Case
    11 Drifter Salvage Crate(110 Salvage)
    5 Questionite Crate(130k Questionite)
    35 Respite III Mods
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    crosschan said:

Ok, here's a lil test:

Box 01: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Gloves)
    Box 03: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 08: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Tights)
    Box 11: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Shoulderpads)
    Box 14: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Tights)
    Box 18: Target Locked Device
    Box 22: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Boots)
    Box 25: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 30: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 32: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 37: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 41: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Shoulderpads)
    Box 47: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 50: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mohawk)
    Box 52: Upload Teleport Device(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 57: Kneel Recovery Emote
    Box 60: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Tights)
    Box 62: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Gloves)
    Box 64: Loyal Sidekick Errorlevel
    Box 67: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Shoulderpads)
    Box 69: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mane)
    Box 74: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mohawk)
    Box 77: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Belt)
    Box 79: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberpunk Hair)
    Box 82: Mental Impact
    Box 86: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyber Stealth Mask)
    Box 87: Cybernetic Costume Box(Mechanical Mane)
    Box 92: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Shoulderpads)
    Box 93: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cyberntic Gloves)
    Box 100: Cybernetic Costume Box(Cybernetic Collar)

Total:
    6 Cyberntic Tights
    4 Cybernetic Shoulderpads
    3 Cyberetic Gloves
    3 Cybernetic Belt
    3 Cyberpunk Hair
    2 Mechanical Main
    2 Mechanical Mohawk
    1 Cybernetic Collar
    1 Cyber Stealth Mask
    1 Cybernetic Boot

Did Not Get: