test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170310.7 - Cybernetic Lockbox/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
Cybernetic Lockbox
We are trying something a bit different with this lockbox and will be splitting up costumes into individual unlocks, sort of like how the old Timewarp Lockbox was.

A major complaint with the past lockboxes is that players don't feel like they're getting much of value from a lockbox if they don't get one of the rare items. Setting up the costume parts as individual items will gives players a higher chance of getting a neat unlock, as well as promote trading and selling to collect the sets.

Legion and Mercenary gear will be absent from this lockbox.

Added the following costumes (currently all male only, female should be in early next week):
  • Cybernetic: Hair, Jaw, Tights, Collar + Neck, Shoulders, Arm Accessories, Bracers, Hands, Belt + Buttcape, Feet.
  • Cyber Stealth: Mask + Top Accessory and Hair.
  • Mechanical Monster: Head, Mohawk, Mane (split up from the Mechanical Monster costume).
  • Updated color channels on mechanical monster costumes.

Added the following items:
  • Upload teleport travel power unlock.
  • Upload teleport travel power device: shorter duration version of Upload Teleport travel power and has a small cooldown.
  • Target Locked device: Grants you a small damage buff, energy when you defeat a foe, and reduces the threat you generate for 10 seconds. If used in tank role you generate threat instead.
  • Respite mod. If you get a regular Modification Case from the Cybernetic Lockbox, you will also receive a R3 Respite mod. This mod grants health when you defeat a foe.

Reign of Frogs
  • This Open mission is still going under revisions, please continue to leave feedback.
  • Fixed a bug where the teleporters didn't always respawn.

Misc
  • Added preview images to Shattering Rain and Invocation of the Eclipse.
  • Updated tooltip for Invocation of the Eclipse.
  • Added a new texture to the werewolf tail bloodmoon unlock to allow for multiple color channels. You may have to resave your costume to apply this new texture.
  • Added Phase Out teleport travel power to the debugger.
  • Added Paw Print aura to the debugger.
​​

Comments

• buttcape...please tell me that isn't the official term​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    People didn't like the seperate costume pieces from original grab bags and lockboxes that did that. To rare. So unless you increase the drop rate, people are not going to like this one.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Could you still do a full set unlock at the current rarity while also having individual pieces at a more common chance?​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Love both of the new teleport travel power skins.

As for the lockbox . . . gah! Please don't do this. People really disliked the individual costume unlock approach with SOCRATES and Sharkfin costumes.

Could there be a middle ground? For instance, maybe three unlocks, each having some of the pieces?

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I vote NO to individual costume parts only. Why not be nice and also include entire costume sets ALONG WITH individual pieces.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I really like both Teleport skins...

Upload is the winner for me though!

Upload Teleport pictures here:

>>CLICK ME<<

Phase Out pictures here:

>>CLICK ME<<

(Apologies for the weird angles)

Now your character can enter the Matrix too(!)

As for Lock on...

>>CLICK ME<<

(Note: I don't seem to be able to see any energy returns from this device when fulfilling the energy gain conditions within the allotted time.)
  • theultimaxtheultimax Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    OMG, THE LOCK ON DEVICE IS THE BEST DEVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN, HOLY GOSH!!! THIS THING IS AMAZING, THANK YOU!

OMG, THE LOCK ON DEVICE IS THE BEST DEVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN, HOLY GOSH!!! THIS THING IS AMAZING, THANK YOU!

It'll definitely be something to pick up for lil boosts in combat.

It lasts 10 seconds, has a 45 second cooldown (on the Gunslinger AT I was using it on, no gear or specs) and grants the following:

15% damage boost

25% threat reduction (threat gain if in tank role)

and +Energy when you defeat an enemy.

Seems like it'll be best for AoE mad builds or fast melters...
    edited April 2017

It'll definitely be something to pick up for lil boosts in combat.

It lasts 10 seconds, has a 45 second cooldown (on the Gunslinger AT I was using it on, no gear or specs) and grants the following:

15% damage boost

25% threat reduction (threat gain if in tank role)

and +Energy when you defeat an enemy.

Seems like it'll be best for AoE mad builds or fast melters...
    Well, it'll also be a nice threat gain for tanks as well. I mostly just adore the aesthetic.

edited April 2017

I mostly just adore the aesthetic.

Mhm, yes.

Actually...zooming into your character to "First Person Mode" whilst activating that would make for some interesting screenies or videos...
    It would be really great if we got a whole pack of hair styles that are made this well.
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Unlocking a single costume piece out of the entire set sounds backwards, but so long as the odds of actually getting a single piece per unlock are an improvement over the current standard of trying for one unlock for everything I think it'll be fine. I'd rather have opened a couple of lockboxes and gotten just two or three pieces from the set than try to open tens or maybe even hundreds and not have unlocked the set at all.

Maybe it's not that bad, we'll have to check the odds first.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    I both like and dislike the idea of getting costume pieces individually. It has its pros and cons, but we'll see how it works out. Hopefully the individual pieces won't become too expensive on AH but... who knows. XD

Also, new teleport powers! YES!!! Those look incredible!

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • As for Lock on...

>>CLICK ME<<

(Note: I don't seem to be able to see any energy returns from this device when fulfilling the energy gain conditions within the allotted time.)

is it just me, or is that the exact same marker as the one used for targeting computer?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    That Targeting Computer effect would be neato as an aura like that combat visualizer. Just sayin'.

I don't care either way if a costume set is one lump or bits'n'pieces. Probably be nicer to buy them a little at a time instead of needing 1k g all at once.

+1 to not having some of the best gear in the game be in a lockbox. Merc gear can still be bought with money for those who just want to buy a decent set for their new 40. Would like to see better balance between not playing the game because I bought all of my gear and grinding through the nose to get all of my gear.

Part of the problems with crap in lockboxes is that keys are super cheap and the boxes are so damn prolific. It's comical that you can spend questionite to buy more boxes when you can't walk 2ft without tripping over a dumpster full of them. Normally, I would say everything you get should be a minimum value of what you paid, but getting ~100g of items per box be a hot mess. The way keys and boxes are implemented would probably have to change which is quite the experiment.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

That lock-on device is just perfect!!!

Maybe some day we'll see a similar type of device for healers and controllers :dizzy:

Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    now how will it work on the MA spammers?
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    deadman20 said:

I'd rather have opened a couple of lockboxes and gotten just two or three pieces from the set than try to open tens or maybe even hundreds and not have unlocked the set at all.​​

Same here
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    Bug: Paw Aura does not work on Always On slot.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Cybernetic Lockbox
    We are trying something a bit different with this lockbox and will be splitting up costumes into individual unlocks, sort of like how the old Timewarp Lockbox was.

A major complaint with the past lockboxes is that players don't feel like they're getting much of value from a lockbox if they don't get one of the rare items. Setting up the costume parts as individual items will gives players a higher chance of getting a neat unlock, as well as promote trading and selling to collect the sets.

I already hate this :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:

so now you will have to hunt for each costume for the full set AND pay high prices for SMALL costume unlocks which don't deserve such pricing?

NOBODY liked it when the costumes were scattered with the original lockboxes
    1 Step forward, 5 steps backwards DEVs
    Not to mention you make it more obvious the game's economy is Lockbox-based now

and ANOTHER THING, in which Foil Vendor category will those costume go when the lockbox rotations will beover?
    I sure hope you guys don't want us to pay GOLD FOIL prices for each one​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Bug:
    Alien Organic Pistol Style 3: It's per toon.
    2s9bzbq.jpg
    blumoon8 said:

I both like and dislike the idea of getting costume pieces individually. It has its pros and cons, but we'll see how it works out. Hopefully the individual pieces won't become too expensive on AH but... who knows. XD

If the costume parts aren't ultra-rare, and if they all have the same probability, I could see this working well with the in-game market.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    The costume pieces: all in all looking rather nice, I like em.. however, the "cuff" parts on the cybernetic hands, would it be possible to put those into like a "hand accessory" slot or something?

As for the fact that the costume pieces are separated again rather than being one singular item... I'd rather have it this way than to deal with any more per character bullshit emote unlocks [account wide emotes would be fine however]

Upload teleport power: noice.. device version has a duration/cd outta wack.. I mean come on, 15 second CD for 5 second use? I'd strongly recomend making the CD on it shorter, to make it more... comfortable to use

Respite mod: while a very nice Idea, I personally would stick it into the utility mod type rather than the offence type, in-order to afford the player more flexibility..but all in all it's looking solid.

Target lock device: it looks awesome... and the threat effect is also extremely nice.. but [you knew this was coming] the fact that the damage boost is not a flat 15% (1287 +15% =1480, not 1338) does subtract rather... notably from it's potential.. but hey, at least you learned from the mistakes of the supercharger and didn't make it kill you.

Reign of frogs: no comment.. [don't like the OM personally, so even if i did test feedback would be salty af]

Phase out teleport: as rude as this is going to sound.. it's about bloody time we got this, that aside... it's basically perfect.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2017

As for Lock on...

3242lNz.jpg

I say, this is a darn beutiful HUB enchantment, I can see all my Technology themed characters using it just for theme alone (definitely getting it for my PA DPS, YEP YEP)

It reminds me of Metroid Prime and the Special Drive HUB attacks from KH: Breath by Sleep

i hope this will become an aura and effects your HUB screen all the time​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Yeah, without knowing the odds, it's hard to say whether this change will be "neat" or "catastrophically bad".

It seems easier to get really lucky once than to get pretty lucky 5-6 times. Or, to pay 1000 once than to pay 300 5-6 times. I can see this being fun, and I can see it being a total disaster.

Is this one of those things that is already decided, or will you be listening to feedback on this one after testing?
    SUGGESTION:

Make the "Cyber Stealth" face plate available in eye/mouth accessory categories, so that it can be worn with headwear, or give it an option to have an accessory that covers the back of the head. It just looks like a dime-store Halloween mask as it is.
    BUG:

Cybernetic Boots unlock did not unlock anything. Can't find the boots anywhere in the costume creator.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I noticed this as well. Thought maybe that boots weren't actually included after I looked for them in the tailor.
    jonesing4 said:

BUG:

Cybernetic Boots unlock did not unlock anything. Can't find the boots anywhere in the costume creator.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    jonesing4 said:

Is this one of those things that is already decided, or will you be listening to feedback on this one after testing?

Take a wild guess mate.

;)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited April 2017
    avianos said:

I say, this is a darn beutiful HUB enchantment, I can see all my Technology themed characters using it just for theme alone (definitely getting it for my PA DPS, YEP YEP)

It reminds me of Metroid Prime and the Special Drive HUB attacks from KH: Breath by Sleep

i hope this will become an aura and effects your HUB screen all the time​​
    I agree that we should get something similar to this as an aura. Would be awesome to have it activate any time I go into combat.

• nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The lock on device seems so good and strong for everyone but a healer
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    For the costume bits: There is no reason why both can't be done. Maybe not for the lockbox, but for the voucher store. During the box run, people get the pieces of the set if they want them. Any pieces they didn't get can still be obtained once the contents get dumped to the Collector. For people who don't want to deal with bits and pieces, they can simply wait for the full set to be in the shop.

This wouldn't be bad for old sets that were turned full. I have pieces of the Socrates and Shark fin set, but there is no option for me to get the pieces I don't have except to buy the full set. It's not like a new voucher can't be added to the game in a future flashback week. Are there silver foils yet?​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    For the Cyber hands, Remove the thing on the wrist and add it to the bracers tab.

The hands (Marking and colors and materials) match the torso but to me the writs things take away from the look.

The patterns on the legs to not seem to follow the pattern of the torso.

And maybe add some Cyber short boots or allow a better match of color/material..

IMHO.....
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    The wrist bits of the hands are too small to be added as bracers. I'd hate to forego the option of using those with another bracer. I'd say keep them on the hands, we already have plenty of similar generic metallic glove hand things (Project Clockwork, Steel Shadow, Cyber Cowboy, etc). Not to mention the default patterns on Short Glove. The wrist bit is all that really sets these new hands apart.

I wholeheartedly agree with the short boots suggestion though, the current ones (from the preview image) look too chunky.

I love the "buttcape", though it could be a bit bigger/longer. Thumbs up for adding it to Tails/ Rear Accessories, btw.

PLEASE ADD A SKIN MATERIAL TO THE CYBERNETIC FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did the Cyber Claws go? I'm hoping/guessing they went unchanged and were thus taken out or I just missed them in the store. They looked awesome.

Finally, my input on the split costume set. For nearly any previous set, I would've liked it, as they had only one or two pieces I wanted. I want the entirety of the cybernetic set, and if the days of Sharkfin/Socrates sets are any indicator, I may not be able to afford it in any reasonable timeframe. If the costumes are all set to a relatively high drop rate, I'll be good though.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I don't think people truly understand the implications of splitting costumes up again. DO NOT SPLIT COSTUMES!!!

How will you handle the variation in number of costume pieces per lockbox?

Let me elaborate with an example. Say you have costume X that comes with 10 pieces and costume Y that comes with 15 pieces. How do you ensure that costume X costs as much as costume Y to purchase (with G). The more pieces the more it will cost to purchase (unless the drop rates are really high). If people cannot afford to purchase costumes then the incentive for people to open chests (to sell the costumes) will decrease and thus lead to an even greater shortage of those costumes and an even greater price.

How will you display 15 costume pieces alone in the Lockbox description together with all the other current drops? (lockbox wall of text alert!!)

Some costumes have more pieces than others as such how will that probability be adjusted for the drop rates? Currently, costume sets in lockboxes are flagged as having "Legendary" drop rate. Nevertheless, with individual costume pieces it has to go to purple or blue drop rate for all the costume pieces otherwise there will be a shortage. If the drop rates are not properly adjusted it will lead to increased prices per individual piece. We again get to the BS of paying 2-3kG for a costume set like the Sharkfin one. Considering the shortage of G nowadays, I think that those changes are terrible.

As far as I can tell, this is a blatant approach at extorting players for as much as possible. This does not add more value to Lockboxes it merely makes it more difficult for people to purchase what they want.

If a full costume set costs more than ~1kG regardless of the number of costume pieces (curious how that will be handled) then only very few people will ever get to buy them.

This will mess up the economy even more. I don't even want to think what will happen. Just stay away from this. Terrible idea.

Post edited by nightr0d on
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    Add the full set to Zen store..
    1) "win" a piece from opening Lock-box (Luck)
    2) Trade or buy from AH (Slow gratification)
    3) Spend/buy the Zen to get entire costume. (instant gratification)
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User

Add the full set to Zen store..
    1) "win" a piece from opening Lock-box (Luck)
    2) Trade or buy from AH (Slow gratification)
    3) Spend/buy the Zen to get entire costume. (instant gratification)

I like this and would make sense and as such will never happen.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    I just hope you guys remember why the past lockboxes weren't sucessful and don't commit the same mistake. I've worked harder and with more enthusiasm for the one-unlocks-all costumes than part by part. I hardly believe just making the costume a purple rarity would work.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    Kaiserin, the issue people have with lockboxes is all the "junk" rewards in them... we dont want to spend real money to open a box and get stuff like booster crates, random mods, and questionite all the time. Give us a guarantee of getting something unique to the lockbox, remove the filler junk or make the filler junk an additional reward.

Splitting up the costume wont change that... you have to actually make the boxes worth opening.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 81 Arc User
    I just had a chance to play on test server with the new stuff:

1) Upload Teleport Travel Device has a 15 second cooldown between teleports. I doubt that was intended?

2) Like others, I can't add the Cybernetic feet costume item. Otherwise, I really like the costume! The "butt-cape" that comes from the tail/accessories menu clips really badly, but the one that attaches to the belt works fine.

3) ...please listen to everyone speaking against it, and don't split up the main costume like this. Please? If you truly meant it when you said you want to cut down on the feeling that you get 'junk' if you don't win the top prize, you know just as well as we do that this won't accomplish that.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I'm not completely against this splitting up of costume pieces, but for my two cents I think you split them up too much. You're saying it's to avoid people thinking they got a lame prize, but... I don't know, I'd probably still think it's lame if I got "Hair" or "Jaw". I would suggest, if not just releasing them as one unlock, maybe change it to "Head", "Upper Body", and "Lower Body" unlocks?
    edited April 2017

If you truly meant it when you said you want to cut down on the feeling that you get 'junk' if you don't win the top prize, you know just as well as we do that this won't accomplish that.

Why not? That's what I'm looking forward to.

Although one unintended consequence might be less system messages about lucky boxes, which might cause less people to open them? Not sure how much those help.

In any case, they seem to just be trying it out with this lockbox. If less people open boxes as a result, then they can always revert back to the set pieces for future boxes.

It's an experiment and not a huge deal if it doesn't work. I'm glad that stuff is being tried
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    kamokami said:

Why not? That's what I'm looking forward to.

Although one unintended consequence might be less system messages about lucky boxes, which might cause less people to open them? Not sure how much those help.

In any case, they seem to just be trying it out with this lockbox. If less people open boxes as a result, then they can always revert back to the set pieces for future boxes.
    It's an experiment and not a huge deal if it doesn't work. I'm glad that stuff is being tried

I think people forget. For us it's a game - for the developers it's a business. Businesses try stuff - sometimes the things they try fail and sometimes they work out. So it won't hurt to wait and see what happens.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
    edited April 2017
    Ok... so I hopped on the PTS to do a little testing with the drop rates.. and I was actually pleasantly surprised...

First:
    The Booster Boxes are now a secondary reward instead of a primary reward... that's an AMAZING step in the right direction... I can't tell you how pissed I've been with how many times I've opened a lock box on the live server just to get a stupid booster crate... Please make that change retroactive to all past lockboxes...

Second: The costume parts are actually fairly common... Out of 100 lockboxes on the PTS I got:

2 Loyal Sidekicks (Gold)
    0 Upload teleport Power Unlock (Gold)
    1 Upload teleport device (Gold)
    0 Lock On Device (Gold)
    2 Mental Impact Power Unlocks (Purple) <-Note: possible bug: item shows as White rarity in inventory
    3 Kneel Emote Unlocks (Purple)
    0 Suspicious Emote Unlocks (Purple)
    3 Cybernetic Tights (Purple)
    5 Cybernetic Hair (Purple) <- Item lists as Cyberpunk Hair
    4 Cybernetic Jaw (Purple)
    2 Cybernetic Collar (Purple)
    0 Cybernetic Shoulders (Purple)
    3 Cybernetic Arm Accessories (Purple)
    0 Cybernetic Bracers (Purple)
    1 Cybernetic Hands (Purple)
    3 Cybernetic Belt (Purple)
    1 Cybernetic Boots (Purple)
    2 Mechanical Beast (Purple) <- Item lists as Mechanical Monster
    Mechanical Mohawk (Purple)
    2 Mechanical Back Spikes (Purple) <- Item Lists as Mechanical Mane
    4 Cyber Stealth Mask (Purple)
    6 Cyber Stealth Wire Hair (Purple)
    11 Q-Crate (Blue)
    4 Rare Mods (Blue)
    5 Drifter Crate (Green)
    35 Mods + Respite (Green)

So out of 100 Boxes:
    3 Golds
    42 Purples
    15 Blues
    40 Greens

That actually looks like far better odds than before... although, the normal Mod Case STILL has way too high of a drop rate... but at least now it's nearly a 50% chance of getting something worthwhile from the lockbox as opposed to the old 5% chance...

That said... I still think the costumes should NOT be split up like this... keep the distribution and drop rates closer to this... but put the costumes back into full sets.. Go ahead and make the Cybernetic set a Gold rarity, and the Mechanical Beast and Cyber Stealth sets remain as Purple... add in some Weapon Unlocks for Purple or Blue... But you MUST make sure that the odds of getting something of value remains near 50%...
    jniKqKJ.png
    I say keep them as is and let's see what happens
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Cybernetic: Hair, Jaw, Tights, Collar + Neck, Shoulders, Arm Accessories, Bracers, Hands, Belt + Buttcape, Feet.
    OMG COUNT ME IN! :D
    avianos wrote: »
    so now you will have to hunt for each costume for the full set AND pay high prices for SMALL costume unlocks which don't deserve such pricing?
    I don't think it'll be so bad IF the individual pieces are more common than the full sets of past lockboxes. I'd personally rather have an easier time getting just the 1-2 pieces that I want than having a hard time getting the full set just to gain access to 1-2 pieces.

Edit: Ugh, nice forum spam block. Hilarious that it applies to edits as well as posts/replies.

*waits to add a single missing word*​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    aesica said:

I don't think it'll be so bad IF the individual pieces are more common than the full sets of past lockboxes. I'd personally rather have an easier time getting just the 1-2 pieces that I want than having a hard time getting the full set just to gain access to 1-2 pieces.​​

According to my test from earlier the costume parts seem to have a fairly reliable drop rate of ~30-40%
    jniKqKJ.png
    aesica said:

I don't think it'll be so bad IF the individual pieces are more common than the full sets of past lockboxes. I'd personally rather have an easier time getting just the 1-2 pieces that I want than having a hard time getting the full set just to gain access to 1-2 pieces.

The more I've thought about it, the more I land at this place.
    The new system might work out well.

• thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    So let me get this straight ... with the attempt shown above, between $90-$100 of real money worth of items (100 keys) were used to open lockboxes, and all of the pieces of the set were still not unlocked? This sounds like a poor deal to me.
This discussion has been closed.