test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Fenny?

avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
Let's have a discussion about how Fenny, a character who sneaks in every game's event and slowly becomes Champions Online Official-Unofficial mascot
but not many people acknowledged him

Fenny is toy related character with the appearence of... well.. a Fox... using the Toy Fox mask from the Z-store Cartoon Animal heads & Masks pack
VhU8t3Y.png
The recent updated added a NPC version of him in the Vibora Bay Arcade
vsyWmHu.gif
I cheated, I used party bomb on him... oh no that's actually pretty cute
Xbteq6y.png
if you use any HAT device on him, you will reveal his endoskeleton robotic face

But who is Fenny?
  1. Is it just a silly little pet project from Kaiserin to pay tribute to Five Nights of Freddy's series? I mean he obviously is for having so many variations (Animatronic, Plushy, Nightmare) related to the series
    • Hell, Fenny is basically a Hommage of Foxi the Fox animatronic
    • His Jolly christmas special AF version has the colour pallet of Mangle the fox
  2. Is he going to become a Sidekick in the future? a Special event boss? what does the future holds for him? With so many variations he has a lot of potential for different versions of Sidekicks/Bosses
  3. Is there going to be LORE related to him?

Fenny, Nightmare Fenny, Jolly Fenny, Foxbat Fenny, Fenny Plushy, Cartoon Fenny and many more, every event has something from him
Unfortenly I do not own all the AFs to share photos of them

I actually understand the charm of the concept of Corrupted living toys, YuGiOh has an entire series of those called Frightfur... Which Konami CENSORED the **** out of it like they do with the whole Card game's artwork... #F**Konami

and I used to be a fan of FNaF series, but beyond the series really interesting backstory lore, I drop it since it was nothing more than Jumpscare simulator (and for having repetitive sequels...) Jumpscare in a horror game is just terrible, I will play Silent Hill 2 and Eternal Darkness any day, every day

But I find this character's appearences really charming​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
Post edited by avianos on

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Also, a fennec is a type of fox, albeit a tan one with really big ears.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    As any resident of Millennium City knows, Fenny the Fox is the host of the popular children's TV show Fenny and Friends, airing every weekday at 7am on WCOC. It combines educational segments with classic cartoons from the kids' parents' era - one of the most popular segments is when they roll out the "Wayback TV" to show 1960s-era Foxbat and Squirrel-Boy shorts. It had long been one of the ratings leaders in the region; recently, its ratings have begun to slip, as the TV station has to compete with an Internet that's assisted by sapient AI.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    As any resident of Millennium City knows, Fenny the Fox is the host of the popular children's TV show Fenny and Friends, airing every weekday at 7am on WCOC. It combines educational segments with classic cartoons from the kids' parents' era - one of the most popular segments is when they roll out the "Wayback TV" to show 1960s-era Foxbat and Squirrel-Boy shorts. It had long been one of the ratings leaders in the region; recently, its ratings have begun to slip, as the TV station has to compete with an Internet that's assisted by sapient AI.

That's pretty genius concept
    and Foxbat being related to him is more than fitting​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I haven't been on the PTS since they first added the "Cyber Stealth" costume pieces, but I noticed the head piece isn't a new robot head, it's a robot mask you wear over your head.

I'm wondering if the new event coming out has robots taking over a location, and you have to infiltrate disguised as a robot. Maybe Fenny, and other animatronic mascots, are apart of that?