test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foxbat Con Questions

determinddetermind Posts: 60 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Missions and Content
1) is there a way to convert Vintage Foxbat Cred to the current currency?
2) Some of the store items are very high priced. 650 foxbat cred for the vehicle. With 26 cred from the 2 dailies (Foxbatcon: Fox Hunt & Foxbat Philography) that would take 25 days to earn enough cred. Sometimes the fake Foxbats drop 5 Foxbat cred and so far I have a character that managed to get 2 drops so that puts us at 18 days minimum for an event that lasts 14 days. Are there any other ways to earn Foxbat Cred during the event?
_

The Roster

Ebon, The Dragon, Impact, Tempest, American Eagles, Elemental, Turbine, Weapon Hawk & Mr. E

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alt-it is; it's a real disease!

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    1.To the Patch Notes, boy blunder!!!
    Old Foxbatcon tokens will no longer be used as we are updating all of the tokens used in game to use the currency bag. These tokens have been renamed to Vintage Foxbat Cred.
    Added a exchange store that will trade old tokens for Swag Bags or Stars. This vendor is located just next to the main vendor.

2.Well, it's not that different than the previous Events. So....grind away, grind away. And you can allways spend Drifter Tokens for the Foxbatcreds.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Foxbat Philography is NOT a daily its a mission given to get you in the event

you will have to wait for the second week for the REAL FOXBAT daily to get more cred
    right now you can only farm the fox hunt daily and swagbags​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    So its even worse than I originally thought. The only real way to accumulate Foxbat Cred outside the daily is to use drifter salvage.
    _

The Roster

Ebon, The Dragon, Impact, Tempest, American Eagles, Elemental, Turbine, Weapon Hawk & Mr. E

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    And grind mobs.

Haven't played yet this year, but if it's like last year then normal mobs drop bags, as well. Do the daily on a toon that you're leveling, and go crazy. It won't be very fast, but you'll accumulate some cred just in the course of playing/leveling.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    And just like the Mechanon Preacher event, the second week's additional daily mission provides more tokens than the first week's.

At least THIS month they actually advertised the event as running two weeks.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    determind said:

So its even worse than I originally thought. The only real way to accumulate Foxbat Cred outside the daily is to use drifter salvage.

There will be another daily mission added in the second week to get more Foxbat currency

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Regular PVE mobs drop swag bags. So you can earn bags by just playing.

I'm a little miffed my leftover cred from last year is kind of useless. But I've already received most of the things I want from the event over the years... my stretchy hero could use the Fisticuffs hands...but I'm not overly motivated to grind for them.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    Tried grinding mobs for a few hours. Ran one of my level 40s through the whole Unity overwatch missions. Got some swag bags but only about 10 foxbat credits. Lots of other crap in the swag bags that got sold to the vendors.
    _

The Roster

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    hamsupfaymuihamsupfaymui Posts: 17 Arc User
    determind said:

Tried grinding mobs for a few hours. Ran one of my level 40s through the whole Unity overwatch missions. Got some swag bags but only about 10 foxbat credits. Lots of other crap in the swag bags that got sold to the vendors.

You get a lot more if you just randomly murder MOBs in the overworld.

Murder isn't a crime - it's a career in Champions Online.
  • Options
    So if you have 650 creds from the past, you can't get a vehicle for them, but instead you can exchange them for bags that will have a fraction of the new creds in them. Unbelievable, but absolutely typical of the current thinking.

The fact they didn't provide a Token Convertor is freaking aweful
    but again, they want us to grind and farm... AGAIN​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Another thing, hold your cheap foxbat toys (Cheaply-Made Ping Pong Gun, Trout Slap! e.tc e.t.c)

I believe they are adding Exchange offers in the Exchange Merchant for Cred next update (50 Devices for 5 Cred... its better than nothing, but again you get flooded with the darn things)

if you want to farm Swagbags, I suggest kill weak mobs
    destroying cowboys in Asciing for Trouble with farming the open mission itself does the trick for me​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I just hope that any leftover new Foxbat credit I have left from this year can be used normally next year. That counts for all new credits that have been brought in for the events recently.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Grinding world mobs for swag bags works. I built up about 125 cred the first day. Personally i'm happy to have an event with rewards i actually want and a method to farm currency solo.
  • Options
    hamsupfaymuihamsupfaymui Posts: 17 Arc User
    Best item is still Foxbat's reinforced carry case = 28 slots!
  • Options
    daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User

Grinding world mobs for swag bags works. I built up about 125 cred the first day. Personally i'm happy to have an event with rewards i actually want and a method to farm currency solo.

Really? I'd like to know which groups you're going after because halfway through this event, I'm at barely more than twice what you made in the first day. Drop rate of swag bags seems ridiculously low compared to, say, last year's Blood Moon or Anniversary events. For example, today I gunned down well over a hundred Manimals for a grand total of six bags, of which none contained any Foxbat Cred.

And for the record, it's not just Manimals I'm shooting. I'm equal-opportunity mass murdering and still coming up short. Lemurians, Viper, Purple Gang, Gadroon, Fire Demons,....
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Your RNG obviously suck.​​
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    Really? I'd like to know which groups you're going after because halfway through this event, I'm at barely more than twice what you made in the first day. Drop rate of swag bags seems ridiculously low compared to, say, last year's Blood Moon or Anniversary events. For example, today I gunned down well over a hundred Manimals for a grand total of six bags, of which none contained any Foxbat Cred.

The drop rate of the swag bags is the exact same as the drop rates for anniversary bags, bloodmoon treat bags, etc.​​
  • Options
    I have no data, but I would guess it is about 5% drop rate for bags. And about 20% chance to get 2-3 cred from a bag. So 2-3 cred per 100 kills? ...that feels pretty close to what I saw.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    So i've done around 3000 prisoners kills? Like really? Per character? I guess the Vehicle Weapons have higher chance of bag drops from mobs then. Gravity Pulse needs a nerf.. pig-2.gif​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I'd estimate that I was getting 2-3 bags every time I ran War on Peace, which is somewhere around fifty kills, so somewhere close to 5% sounds about right. Gravity pulse is very efficient at street sweeping.
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    kaizerin said:

The drop rate of the swag bags is the exact same as the drop rates for anniversary bags, bloodmoon treat bags, etc.​​
    I'm sorry but I have to all BULL **** on that... it's probably supposed to be the same drop rate, but it most certainly is NOT the same drop rate... the other event bags drop far more often than the swag bags are dropping this year...
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I highly doubt the drop rates are the same

I had been farming robot cowboys for hours and got so few bags
    Honestly the different drop rate since last year is really noticeable​​