test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GCR/SCR Sink: +1 Level Power up at the GCR shop

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Suggestions Box
As the title stated, I think it would be a good idea to have an account-bound, non-tradable +1 Level Power up as one of the possible item in the GCR vendor. I would say around 25-50 gcr/scr each token would do just fine. It would be consider an alternate GCR/SCR sink to the mods and for the tear device.

Comments

• sergeantmahoff1sergeantmahoff1 Posts: 137 Arc User
    gradii said:

Unless this item would be account bound it would be useless for characters earning GCR.

That literally made zero sense.

Anyway, I'm 100% for this idea. Do you mean it would be in the GCR store as well as the Z-store? Or would it be going from Z-store to the GCR store?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I'm also all up for this. Hell make it a Questionite sink too if you want by having it consume 2-5k per activation of a GCR store Levelup item. Give it enough conditions to make the Zen store version still be rentable, but allow the existance of an alternative with people with too much SCR/GCR/Questionite.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    A total of 3 posts actually adress the subject of the OP. Please ignore Dazee and leave feedback regarding the OP
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I can see the value in creating currency sinks. As I work on gearing my 7th and 8th alts with GCR gear, I have several toons with a pile of GCR and nothing to buy. I can only imagine if I used just two or three toons--I would have hit the GCR cap ages ago.

I might buy something like this--I have bought the Z store version a few times to get the last couple levels on alts. Not much else for me to spend Z on, so why not use my stipend for that?

The tricky thing is coming up with a comparable GCR/SCR/Q cost for 200 Z. A cost of 200 Z really isn't that much: a single silver toon can grind out 200 Z (at current rates) in 10 days, but the real comparison is for Gold players with multiple toons, that can grind 200 Z in a single day.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

I can see the value in creating currency sinks. As I work on gearing my 7th and 8th alts with GCR gear, I have several toons with a pile of GCR and nothing to buy. I can only imagine if I used just two or three toons--I would have hit the GCR cap ages ago.

I might buy something like this--I have bought the Z store version a few times to get the last couple levels on alts. Not much else for me to spend Z on, so why not use my stipend for that?

The tricky thing is coming up with a comparable GCR/SCR/Q cost for 200 Z. A cost of 200 Z really isn't that much: a single silver toon can grind out 200 Z (at current rates) in 10 days, but the real comparison is for Gold players with multiple toons, that can grind 200 Z in a single day.

As much as I want this, I can't see them doing this just for the reason you stated in your last paragraph.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I can't see a likely way of doing this that has any point. In general you'd just estimate the cost by figuring out how long it takes to grind out a level the old-fashioned way, figure out how much recognition a geared level 40 can gain in the same time period, and then multiply by some value >1 because you don't really want people doing this. Of course, if doing this with scr/gcr is slower than leveling up the normal way, why would you ever bother buying these tokens?
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User

Of course, if doing this with scr/gcr is slower than leveling up the normal way, why would you ever bother buying these tokens?

It's obviously slower if you're trying to level up this way, but like I said before, its a sink for GCR/SCR/Questionite. You could casually build up a few Level Up tokens instead of buying mods, and if you're lazy to finish that final couple of levels from an alt you're leveling, you could just pop those tokens up.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    It would be a way to turn play time on one toon into level up on another.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    gradii said:

Making it cost all 3 is just too much and kinda silly.​​

It ganna match the Zen cost somehow. Questionite wouldn't be a problem when you consider there was a large supply of it ever since the cosmic revamp was launch.