test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The 'Vorshoth has many questions he never asked for years' thread

vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
So, I'm possibly known sometimes for saying that I really haven't bothered with items seriously since the old crafting system. Which is kind of a lie, since I use devices more than I oughta, and I grab whatever item looks vaguely like it buffs my superstat.

But in order for me to truly understand this game, I've decided to ask around and finally work out this stuff.

First question: two items add X% of an effect... say, elder worm humidity dome's 10% damage resistance and Sorcerer's might 10% damage resistance in certain conditions.
Would that mean 20% damage resistance, or would it mean two lots of whatever value 10% would be based on my base stats?

Second: I'm reasonably sure buffing superstats has diminishing returns once you're hitting over 500 in any one superstat, but just for my own curiosity, how do you guys manage a whole buncha numbers to boost a whole buncha things like that? I've started to go for sets like the sorcerer's might set since they come with cool extras, but managing the +X to Strength, +Y to Ego, etc, always has perplexed me beyond 'pick whichever one has the biggest numbers'.

Third, Does Teliosaurus pheremones still work alongside itself? Been thinking of getting a dino-herder character going but never really had the patience to go and grab the teliosaurus stuff.

Fourth, are there any petmaster vehicle powers? I've always liked pet powers, despite them being generally underpowered in everything that isn't PvE, but apart from maybe support drones having an equivalent, I'm not sure if I've seen many pet powers available for vehicles, which is why I've wholly ignored them.

Fifth, gah why did nobody tell me most of the temporary summon devices have a permanent version now?
this changes everything I can have zombies all the time....

does necrull's skull work like teliosaurus pheremones above, works with itself? As if so I could potentially make my necromancer finally all-zombies rather than the weird mix of 'she has vaguely humanoid corpses of which only like 3 groups of which are actually zombies/walkingdead/russiansailors'

(sorry if this is a bit rambly, will edit in better formatting tomorrow morning)
[SIGNATURE REDACTED]

Comments

• Options
    notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    1: it would be two separate sets of 10% [also elder worm dome is 10% energy damage resistance, menaing eletric, particle and sonic damage only]

2: Top tier gear [mercanry, nephlim, brzeon king, vikroin, heroic, legion, GCR sets] has mod slots allowing you to custom tailor what stats it effects, combined with rank 7 mods and you can get +64 to two stats or +128 to one stat per gear piece.. also the DR kicks in heavy at around the 300 mark.. at 500 it's super heavy.

3: no, devices were changed a few years back to no longer be able to have multipul version sof the same one equiped at the same time [for example, you can only have 1 telesouar pehremones equiped at one time, however teleisouar pehremones and another pet devices would be allowed], however don't let this discrouge you, teleisouar pheremones are still rather useful.

4: Vehicles and pets are mutally exclusive, as when you enter a vec all active powers [abnd devices] can canceled, this includes pet summons..on a side note, vecs are for most part.. kinda trash since they were "fixed" in the vec 2.0 update a couple of years ago.

5: Firstly that's your fault for not paying attention to the release notes, and secondly. permant devices =/= permant summon, with the exception of teleisouar pheremones, all of the per summoning devices [permant ones included] have a time limit on them before they go on CD, so i would recomend studying up/testing them on PTS before comitting any resources.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?