test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170112.0058d.61 - Cosmic/Foxbatcon/Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Cosmic
  • Added voiceover for some of Eidolon's attacks.
  • When defeated Eidolon will now have an outro sequence.
  • When defeated Eidolon will no longer immediately appear sitting on his throne.
  • Increased Eidolon's success cooldown to 1 hour.
  • Increased Eidolon's failure cooldown to 30 minutes.
  • Decreased the regular open mission's success cooldown to 5 minutes. Failure cooldown remains the same.
  • Increased the base health of the open mission bosses, eased up on their scaling with lower amounts of players (10 and under). High count player scaling is roughly the same.
  • Added Throne of Destruction vehicle and travel device to the debugger store.
  • Added Destroyer Collar to the GCR store and Eidolon drop table.
  • Added Life Essence's hitfx on the list of restricted FX for cosmic costumes.

Foxbatcon
  • Added preview images for a few more items.
  • Added cartoon hands costume to the store.

Misc
  • Added Exploding and Joke Cigar costume to the debugger store.
  • Made the detail map on the Dinosaur gloves optional.
  • Increased the damage on the terak generator device.
  • Increased the maintain duration on the device.
  • Made the device colorable.
  • Updated tooltip and added a preview image for the device.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Added cartoon hands costume to the store.
    Are those Mickey Mouse's iconic gloves?
    Can Disney sue? I think they can sue​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    kaizerin said:

Cosmic

​​
    Please, do not add this to the GCR store. Everyone and their grandma's already have all the Eidolon achivements unlocked from all this time that it was exceedingly easy to take down. Let Cosmics at least have 1 unique drop that people can sell to compete against gold sellers AH prices. #makeCOseconomygreatagain
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    It will be a mix of GCR and other things, not just perks.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Um, I know I don't have all these achievements unlocked.
    lezard21 said:

kaizerin said:

Cosmic

​​
    Please, do not add this to the GCR store. Everyone and their grandma's already have all the Eidolon achivements unlocked from all this time that it was exceedingly easy to take down. Let Cosmics at least have 1 unique drop that people can sell to compete against gold sellers AH prices. #makeCOseconomygreatagain
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    Thanks for fixes to the Terak Generator -- it's a really useful device. Especially, for AT's.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

Me neither, far from it....... much less my granma. GCR store seems fine for it.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    gradii said:

What he means is a few people have all the achievements already, and said people believe themselves to be everyone.

No, what I mean is that today I got 240k credit, 140k above the required limit, at Kiga by just spamming Headbutt (300 DPS per hit) all throughout the fight. I repeated this on Kiga 2 and got 270k.

So basically what I'm saying is that people who fail to get credit at Cosmics by not being able to perform oh so elaborate actions like picking an Energy Builder and not dieing shouldn't be able to buy Cosmic related items by performing other non Cosmic stuff like QWZ dailies and the sort.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I'm really not a fan of the 5 minute success timer on the OMs, it's already difficult lately to get enough interest in a single team to open up destroyer, trying to find more is going to be next to impossible.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    They want to ENFORCE team spitting for the warzone OMs with 5 minutes CD and kill private OMs runs (which were made for the sole purpose to unlock eidolon for EVERYONE)

And with the current unorganized mess which is called CO Community this wont be happening. We still have people who don't want to learn mechanics, have rubbish hybrid builds when the endgame meta is pure DPS, TANK and SUPPORT and not a horrible pvp build set in hybrid

R.I.P Warzone... again. I will have to wait 2 months again until people figure it out

speaking of waiting, i sure hope you guys won't release the eidolon revamp the SAME time Foxbatcon is going... not a big deal since foxbatcon is really casual event compared to invansion and high noon but still​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    Great work, thanks Kaizerin.

Just in case you missed the discussion in the previous Foxbatcon thread, please make the joke Therakiel Blade? readily available to players that missed it last year because it was up for only 1 day, like it was last year. Please don't make people jump through hoops like having to do the Therakiel mission within a 24-hour period.

The reason is, even though you're offering players something, those that missed it feel like you denied them instead; you'll turn a positive into a negative. I know the toy sword is really not a big deal, I played it with it like once and threw it in the bank, EXCEPT that people who missed it still hold a grudge.

It seems like an overreaction, I know, but considering how strongly they feel about it and it probably makes no difference either way to you, just let them have it and feel good about a toy sword! Some suggestions:

- make it available using the same 1-day mechanism as last year (not a drop from Therakiel)
    - better yet, make it available throughout the whole Foxbatcon event
    - make it a bonus Gold Members/LTS vendor item
    - make it a Foxbatcon vendor item perhaps
    - if you really, really must, then monetize it, Zen store for 100 Zen
    - or something creative like the following:
    aesica said:

Instead of making Therakiel's Sword? drop from the actual Therakiel, why not add a fairly manageable and accessible boss named "Therakiel?" who...is actually an impostor. Makes sense that a fake sword drops from a fake villain. It doesn't need to be the cosmic of the moment or anything silly like that, just something a few players can get together and kill without too much trouble.​​

It's already hard enough to retain playership in CO. There's no need to make it harder. This is a minor issue that has a surprisingly big impact. Please convince your colleagues to consider the player experience.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Cosmic

Increased Eidolon's success cooldown to 1 hour.
    Increased Eidolon's failure cooldown to 30 minutes.
    Decreased the regular open mission's success cooldown to 5 minutes. Failure cooldown remains the same.

​​
    To be fair, the OMs and Eidolon had become a serious SCR/GCR farm. I understand that people had adapted to that, but it was never the intent. Yes, the devs are forcing their intent on us.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    avianos said:

They want to ENFORCE team spitting for the warzone OMs with 5 minutes CD and kill private OMs runs (which were made for the sole purpose to unlock eidolon for EVERYONE)

Eh, it somewhat bumps up the number of players needed, but you could still probably do a private OM run with about ten people -- run tank, offtank, healer, 2 dps on two simultaneous, sync up to make sure they die at about the same time, then sprint over to the third and finish it. That means you have surplus tanks, so some of them should either sit out or or be able to build-swap to dps, but it sounds fairly doable.
    edited March 2017

those that missed it feel like you denied them instead;

Never have I read a better example of entitlement.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Increased Eidolon's success cooldown to 1 hour.
    Increased Eidolon's failure cooldown to 30 minutes.
    Decreased the regular open mission's success cooldown to 5 minutes. Failure cooldown remains the same.

To be fair, the OMs and Eidolon had become a serious SCR/GCR farm. I understand that people had adapted to that, but it was never the intent. Yes, the devs are forcing their intent on us.
    And it will eventually get back to farm status again. Just with a bit more cooldown.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

those that missed it feel like you denied them instead;

Never have I read a better example of entitlement.
    Guys, it's a fair point, but that's also a problem with MY wording, not with those players. I apologise for that, and ask that you assign whatever blame you want to me and not to the player affected. I got my little toy swords last year, so I'm just speaking for those that didn't and may be embarrassed to ask, precisely for fear of seeming entitled.

These are players who are often paying customers, who have lives/jobs/relationships outside of the game. A lot of them work in retail or restaurants, thus have to work on weekends, or friends and family they go out on weekends with, and don't log onto MMOs. Last year, it happened that April 1st was on a Friday. This year, a Saturday.

(Other players are more likely to log in on weekends, I totally understand. We all have different lives.)

Now, if your reaction is that there's no way Cryptic's dev team can accommodate every single player's schedule; we agree 100%. That's exactly why we suggest not limiting to it to 1-day, not creating additional hurdles.

Not only am I respectful of player's schedules, but also of the devs'. Re-using last year's distribution method is probably the least amount of work required. I do appreciate you guys already put in the work to make it a drop from Therakiel, making it a special occasion, but consider the player experience of those that don't log in every single day.
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User

These are players who are often paying customers, who have lives/jobs/relationships outside of the game. A lot of them work in retail or restaurants, thus have to work on weekends, or friends and family they go out on weekends with, and don't log onto MMOs. Last year, it happened that April 1st was on a Friday. This year, a Saturday.

(Other players are more likely to log in on weekends, I totally understand. We all have different lives.)

That is a fair argument. As a person who worked long grueling weekends for years - I get it. I think extending the April Fools perk from the 1st - 3rd would be a decent compromise. Those who work on weekends would have a chance to get it, without extending the perk for too many days.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
This discussion has been closed.