test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help With Dog Build 2

This is my newest dog tank build and I'm looking for feedback. I tried it last night in real combat and it performed well enough. I do have the dual tank/support build with Invul and AoPM, but instead of self-pulling, I asked a tank to do it. That tactic is way easier. The only problem that the build has during dog control is during the last bar of Kiga's health, the snowstorm gets pretty painful. I need to figure out how to fix that. Blocking more, probably.

The real issue is that it is pretty useless for anything else. Sure, it can control the hearts at Ape, but basically it sucks at everything else, Alerts, Rampages, QWZ dailies, and most problematic, Dino. DPS is low. Tanking, not enough threat generation or damage mitigation. Blah at healing.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Vice - Freeform

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Mind over Matter (Ego: 12, Pre: 12)
Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 21: Wordly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Sprites (Slave Mentality, Challenge!)
Level 6: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Manipulator
Level 11: Telepathic Reverberation
Level 14: Telekinetic Assault (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Force Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Force Sheathe)
Level 20: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Conviction (Reverence)
Level 35: Psionic Healing (Psionic Emanation)
Level 38: Masterful Dodge
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Superspeed
Level 35: Flight

Specializations
Presence: Dominion (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (1/2)
Sentry: Stalling Tactics (3/3)
Mastery: Sentry Mastery (1/1)
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well I wouldn't expect Conviction's Rev adv to be granting much splash healing at all here, esp at r1. I'd prob get that to r2 at least.

Otherwise, I dunno what to tell ya. The build is designed to handle a very specific thing that doesn't have wide applicability elsewhere. Like, in most builds, I wouldn't even bother ranking Sleep or MStorm or fully ranking the block for non-tanks, but for what you wanna do you kinda have to. Same thing w/ sticking w/ Manip- is needed for the niche, but not the best toggle for things not CC-related. Same thing w/ Sentinel + Sentry as the specs- good at specific things like support and CC, but its obv no Ward/Guardicator as far as personal boosts. etc
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
    Mabye the cosmic hunters need to be more helpful to our wonderful dog tanks. Help them out when they want to do other things? I'd help ya! I know that's not what you were looking for but honestly without you dog tanks not sure we could ever do Kiga. So I thank you for sacrificing your build to tank dogs. Hopefully someone can post something more helpful.
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    akaara1 said:

Mabye the cosmic hunters need to be more helpful to our wonderful dog tanks. Help them out when they want to do other things? I'd help ya! I know that's not what you were looking for but honestly without you dog tanks not sure we could ever do Kiga. So I thank you for sacrificing your build to tank dogs. Hopefully someone can post something more helpful.

Thank you, that's very kind!

- - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    This is my primary issue with the "nothings wrong with telepathy" crowd. Yes you can build a really strong crowd controller that can handle stuff like Kiga! But the trade-off is a build that really isn't that great for much else. That's too big a sacrifice in my book.

But thanks to the OP for dog tanking and helping out! You deserve all the good Karma for that.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    To be fair, AoE CC/Manip builds like this also make handling CC_able trash in group content way easier just by having an AoE stun, but that's also a bit niche in of itself, and it still needs other players to lean on to kill stuff w/o taking too long.

And yea, here's hoping to a good TP revamp- its quite earned imo.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Oops
    Post edited by pwestolemyname on
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
  • Options
    cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    I tested my CCer in combat for the first time last night and it went pretty well. Mine is very similar to yours except I took INT over EGO due to energy issues. Also, thunderclap over TK maelstrom and no mental storm. I took no attack powers other than Ego Sprites and I have two PSI devices (the single attack 100' range one for pulls which the name escapes me and the one where two PSI pets come out and fight for you). The latter was from when this toon was solo. I also took Arc. Vitality for the heal because this toon probably won't be putting out enough to be the only/primary tank healer. I might switch to iniquity just because of the HP I have to spare and R3 conviction with lots of PRE can bring him up to full quickly.

I had shelved this build several months ago because eventually one dog would wake up and I never really got it to be reliable for longer than a few minutes. However, yesterday on the PTS and even in the live run it was very smooth other than people hitting dogs and my fat fingers hitting a wrong button once. Even when the dogs all turned due to lack of threat I was able to get them back on me with just ES/challenge. I want to say they fixed the dogs aggro since last summer/fall because I don't remember it being this reliable. Now that I have said that I fully expect my next one to be a train wreck. :)
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Soloing note:

Teleportation is a superb travel power combined with CC. I can use a combination of the two to solo about half the missions in QWZ via teleport stealth, CCing mobs as needed.

For flight, I use a vehicle long distance, or the Vesperine Cloak device if I need to hover.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.