test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Suggestion Thread

Comments

• thepure0nethepure0ne Posts: 57 Arc User
    Maybe adding some of those viking/barbarian waist armor, girdles as I like to call them.

Also adding single arm/leg armor sleeves would be sweet.

• psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Some are close to options in the creatore but most are not and are presented her for inspiration for new pieces
    imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Not a professional artist, but here's something I'd love to see before or near Halloween 2017:

Stitch skin:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Can i (we) have this? (forehead emblem and ear pieces nor included. Sorry for soddy paste job..)

And rest of the Half Masks for Toy face.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'd love a musketeer style chest belt and a proper musketeer hat (curved up on one side) with a side feather plume (as an alternative to the back of the head one we have atm)...

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
    Some of these could be costume pieces, Also a cut strings could be added as costume add ons as well.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

How about an Extended Fantasy Armor pack? Create costumes in the style of Dungeons and Dragons art. Various leathers, robes and tunics for the fantasy hero or villain.
    Here's an example

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ag/20041008a&page=2

Im for that, but maybe some stuff from my era of AD&D too:

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited October 2017
    Apart from the Ninja Mask and the heroic one we haven't really had any additions to the simple domino face masks since forever. It would be cool if we could add some more simple designs to this staple of the genre......

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited October 2017
    raighn said:

There are some butterfly-esque masks... but none that are actually butterflies

Yes, I suppose in a way that any of the domino masks can be deemed "butterfly-esque" by value of their shape but they certainly aren't based on the design of butterflies/moths. Hence my suggestion.

TBH, it's the one that I prefer least out of my suggestions. I'd rather have the simple ones and that glorious winged one more.

zrdRBy8.png
    edited October 2017
    Here are some more suggestions for additional domino masks based on fire/flames...

zrdRBy8.png
    edited October 2017
    Here's another iconic piece that I've always wanted. It's a cowl around his neck that has some round, raised pieces of metal (the yellow/gold parts) that go around the piece...

Ideally, the raised pieces that go around would also have a choice of materials and glow.

Matching belt, bracers and foot accessories would be cool too...

<3

zrdRBy8.png
    Some of these could be options for some pieces that are in the game already like the back buckles on the trench coat.
    imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
  • theuhdtheuhd Posts: 1 Arc User
    A more mundane thing, but I'd like to throw out a suggestion for more shorts options.

Right now if you want shorts you have two options: Shorts that go below the knees, or tennis shorts. The former are technically shorts but they look more like rolled-up pants. The latter are a texture themselves, so they can only ever be tennis shorts. In my head it'd be nice to have two additional lengths of shorts:

Short-shorts

Knee-length shorts

Both examples are denim but it'd be pretty sweet if they had the same texture options as pants.

In general I'd like more casual options but I'd be super happy if all I got were more shorts!
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    This is Goreg the Cyclops:

I've had him since CO was first released. As you can see, It's not exactly the best Cyclops face. You can still see squinty eyes under a brow, with the "cyclops eye" in his forehead. Sadly, this is all we've ever had for making a Cyclops. I'd really love to see a proper Cyclops option that I can use for him.

Here's an old sketch of Goreg I did, to give a better feel for how I'd like him to look:

• maatmonsmaatmons Posts: 346 Arc User1
    I see a lot of adds for women's clothing, on account of my search history. Here are a few I've seen lately that I thought would make good costumes.

photo Warm Hat_zpsmf3yzbtm.jpg

They say you lose 90% of your heat through your head. So, really, that warm hat more than makes up for the fact that the rest of her outfit consists primarily of holes. It's actually quite practical.

Also, this made me wonder, do we have any mesh/sheer tops in the game? I know we've got the fishnet leggings.

photo Hair Ribon Bells_zpsonlanci4.jpg

After seeing ads for this over and over, the hair-ribbon-bell-things have grown on me. Also, the waist-ribbon-bell-things. Even, to a lesser degree, the leg fringe.

photo Knit Dress_zpsilswxcr4.jpg

I would have suggested this knit dress long ago, but until recently I didn't have any pictures where the model was wearing anything underneath.
    edited October 2017
    Torn, ripped battle-damaged tights (with cuts and scrapes on the exposed skin) would be pretty cool for alt costumes.........

Bonus points if they can also have bloodstain patterns on them like on our 19th Century lab coats....

zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2017

Torn, ripped battle-damaged tights would be pretty cool for alt costumes.........

...why would you want to look like me after a pvp??

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    edited October 2017
    One thing I'd like to see in CO is Utility style belts with customisable insignias/emblems for my superheroes.

At the moment we only have these Utility belts with actual emblems/insignias....

So many times I have added these (especially the ones on the right) to a costume in the tailor and thought "Dayum! If only I could change the insignia/emblem to better match my character.".

I dunno how feasible it is, but perhaps we could have the followinground insignia/emblem part of the 'Insignia Belt' (scaled down to be much flatter and a bit smaller)....

....added to a new utility belt model so that we can have something like the following beauties (especially the top two)...

zrdRBy8.png
    edited February 2017

Hey look at that...another post deleted of mine.

Is the forum just eating my comments???

Blame ARC for creating the cookie monster!!

^"we use cookies!" ...you know, the thing thats supposed to improve our browsing experience.. >.>

on another note to the devs, I asked in the wrong thread before but is it possible to add in some elven and anime hair styles?

• horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    anime hairstyles?
    i had this chart, with "normal" ones, no Ryoko or Lum styles. sorry

also, something like this neck/lowerface piece
    Like something that extends from the torso piece to cover the mouth/nose area?

Post edited by horripilante on
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    If the engine can handle it: Sheer cape

How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

So, I was just watching the Vengabus video (don't judge me!), and I though the one girl's hair was pretty neat.

photo Bus Hair_zpsougwuapb.jpg

Maybe we could get something like that?
    edited October 2017
    We have an extremely limited choice of shield costume pieces. Some more would be great....

Even just basic, but bigger ones that we could put our emblems on would be greatly appreciated, like the following (plus a simple round one too)....

=)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    We definitely need more Full Mask options. But one style in particular we are severely lacking in.

Here are a collection of heroes, anti-heroes, and villains that all use a Full Mask (or close to full mask) with stylized eye patterns. Unfortunately, we don't really have anything like this to work with in game.

These are the only masks and eye pieces we have to use for that style, and don't extend past the mask itself. I remember CoH/V had full mask options with different stylized eye patterns, much like you see in the first picture. I would love to see that style make a return in CO.
    edited October 2017
    I really like our 'Foxbat Badge' costume piece. This suggestion is for more models for the 'Emblem Front' category like the Foxbat Badge and the (oversized) Tin Star that we already have in-game...

Although the list of suitable models is nigh endless, here are some suggestions for possible ones...

Thanks for looking :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    Can Sapphire's fingerless gloves be made available to players?

• kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Can we get swords and knives on the lower back, like so?

They don't even need to be new swords, just the existing options (Sword, Side Sword, Katana, etc) but for the lower back (without straps where applicable)

And maybe pistols too like so?

They could be either 'tails' or belt accessories quite easily. And if they're belt accessories, we could easily choose on which side (or both) we want the weapon to be.
    Could we get a real rapier skin to match the one on the character costume pieces as none match it, also a saber like as for a military one. Also a cross straps like in the black and white picture for solder uniform would be nice imageimagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
    Ok used another up load host.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    I changed hosts due to the other had unappropreate images on the sight. Could we get a real rapier skin to match the one on the character costume pieces as none match it, also a saber like as for a military one. Also a cross straps like in the black and white picture for solder uniform would be nice imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    edited March 2017
    what about 80s fashions??

edited October 2017
    It would be fantastic if we could have MCPD police badges as any of the following: Belt buckle, Chest Emblems, Head Emblems, Chest Pins (like the Foxbat Pin) or Shoulder Pieces (like the Golden Age Star and Lightning Bolt Pieces).

Here are two images of it I found while on patrol in Westside...

zrdRBy8.png
  • ngeluzngeluz Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Always wanted to have something similar to this costume set...or at least the cool armor chestplate cape. Im not asking to make an exact copy of this as it belongs to a game... But, but... if there were a way the CO art team could create something similar but with its own CO touch, I be forever thankful!

imageimageimage
    imageimageimage
    If the game has any spider emblems, I couldn't find them. So I drew some up.

photo spiders_zpsaidsbd4a.jpg

Also a few spider-themed, non-emblem designs.
  • t3l3manc3rt3l3manc3r Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello, I'm excited about the April update and the April subscriber reward (explosive/joke cigar) But I was wondering if they will be added to the lizard head or any of the beast heads? I used Marvel's Howard The Duck as an example I couldn't really find any others.

Im hoping for Kimonos, I bought the other Japanese styles you have sold, but im really wanting a kimono to be my healers regular outfit. The sports look is ok, but kimonos looks better!

• kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Chainmail detail for skirts and loincloths.

'Retro control panel' chest insignia

• paradoxmasterparadoxmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    I suggest something that has troubled me and a number of other players for some time now, both for character creation/thematic reasons, and for the fact that they are contained and mentioned in the pnp lorebooks. As it stands now we have a complete lack of spear and polearm weapon skins. While i feel at this point a power set is unlikely, i dont think a few weapon skins for those of us who would like to wield such things is too much to ask. Here are some examples.

I recommend the implimentation of atleast a few spear or similar polearm skins, i personally would not mind shelling out 750 or even 1000 zen for a single spear skin at this point in time since ive been waiting so long for one, and as it stands the only thing remotely similar is the trident for hw which doesnt quite cut it. We need spear skins for MA and HW.

• flechusflechus Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    These are some villians from one of those japanese shows a la power rangers
    Maybe something can be used to inspire more robot parts and accesories

go_busters_2013_2

I support "Sell Z-store items individually" & Japan Zone
  • vorshothvorshoth Posts: 596 Arc User
    1. More crowns.

With superheroes, it's rather easy to fall into the trap of creating superheroes who claim to be regal in some way.

So, here's my suggestions:

Crown Basic needs a variant that's a full crown, circling the entire head rather than just the tiara-ish front.

Crown Regal: Basically something like this: 220px-Crown_of_George_XII_of_Georgia.jpeg since it'd have 4 colour channels: one for the metal crown, one for the red inner bit, one for one kind of jewel, one for the other kind.
    Side note to make me happy, make the red inner bit a seperate piece tied to this crown, so players can pick and chose whether it's a hollow crown or a filled crown.

Next, we need something for those whose hearts are filled with the darkness that is imprisoned within the souls of men.

Something like Sauron's helmet would do. There is a crown that looks similar in shape, possibly a Qlipothic one, but it's clearly meant to be a leather with tied on magic crown jagged bits attached. We need full on metal horns of crowniness.

Another side note, I'd like to suggest that costume sets in future take into account the sillhouette of the character. An important design aspect of superheroes is how they look in sillhouette.

Looking at the NPCs in-game, let's say the Champions, you can distinguish each of them from their look, even if they were in total shadow.
    Defender's more angular. Witchcraft has more flowing curves (HEYOOOOO). Doctor Silverback is clearly a gorilla. Kinetik is... well, he's in a tight bodysuit, whatever. Ironclad you can see the muscles a bit.

Each of these characters' costumes have a unique sillhouette that makes them instantly recogniseable on a cursory glance.

A good way to make new costume packs appealing is to make each new set of items have a sillhouette that makes it distinct from Technology Costume Pack #56903. I'm not saying you're not doing this, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention so it comes into your minds come the next designs.​​
    [SIGNATURE REDACTED]
    edited May 2017
    While we're in the mood for random techy costume parts, consider the following:

Robot pincer

Astronaut Dome Helmet: Both glass and opaque versions

(alternate visors for cyborgs? Ones with neat glow channels?)

Geometric armors - Cylinders, Prisms, Cubes...

Exosuit bubble helmets! (i.e. opaque ones)

• zeneragezenerage Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    the plant idea has come up from time to time, and I'm going to add more to it, because the vine set appears incomplete at best (no wings and no tail).

I'd like to see pauldrons and wings made of banana leaves
    A tail with a cactus tip or a fern curl
    Also a moss skin texture might be nice

text
    text
    text
    text
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    We have tons of skulls now but we still need a jawless human skull.

also a Mask of a jawless human skull to go on eye or mouth acces
  • pein1337pein1337 Posts: 14 Arc User
    What I'm looking for is something already in-game, technically, it's the one on the current loading screen, the ability to use mechanical legs with human skin on either of the legs ( with fishnet, mostly or any of the other patterns in the skin section )
    ( Akin to the picture below. )

• zhene#1278 zhene Posts: 17 Arc User
    I would like to see in the game a hat like that

Is very cool : s