test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes - 3/2/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2017 in Release Notes
High Noon
  • Added a handoff mission to Belle Steele that points you towards Toy Master.
  • Added a defeat 50 Upgraded Cowboy Robots Daily mission to Belle Steele.
  • Increased the main daily mission Snake Bucks reward to 40 (from 35).
  • Renamed the old Snake Gulch Snake Bucks currency to Snake Bits.
  • Slightly reduced the token decay for the open mission.
  • The sub bosses will now stay much closer to the towers.
  • Sub Bosses will now heal up their current bar of health when dropping out of combat (so if they're at 50% they'll heal up to 66%).
  • Slightly lowered sub boss single target damage.
  • Updated Collection vendor at Snake Gulch to sell healing items, bags, etc.
  • Fixed a bug where Fred and Desert Serpent were not level scaling.

Gold Subscriber Vendor
  • Added Avian Mask costume.
  • Known issue: If the character you're trying to buy this costume with directly bought the hands on hips emote, it will prohibit purchase. This will be fixed next week, but a workaround for now is buy the costume with a character who did not purchase the hands on hips emote.

Queues
  • Added Nemesis Confrontation to the queue window.
  • Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
  • Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
  • Shadow Destroyer now drops his own rewardbox which drops the following items: Star Refill, Healing Device, Nemesis Tokens, SCR.
  • Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
  • Added daily Nemcon mission for Nemcon to Lt. Patil. Removed from Mentiac.
  • Removed mission requirement for Lemurian/Monster Island Crisis daily missions.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Svengalis Guile didn't refresh its stated effects.
  • Fixed a bug where Smoke Grenade wasn't wiping threat at range.
  • Fixed a bug where the Heavy Blade advantage on Scything Blade didn't always knock down.
  • Fixed a bug where some pistol powers didn't animate when moving when using the jet boots travel.
  • Fixed a bug where the You'll Clean, We'll Sweep advantage on Showdown did not persist.
  • Relentless should no longer display that it's enhancing all of your action figures.

Misc
  • Added perks for acquiring all pieces of the Gunslinger's Revenge and Sorcerer's Might gear. These perks will grant action figure versions of their pets.
  • Fixed a bug where some teleport items were not purchasable in the ZEN store.

Vendors
  • Added a exchange vendor in the recognition area that will take various items in exchange for character specific titles. Currently it features lockbox items, but it will branch out over time.
  • Added a exchange vendor to the lockbox vendor that will take current lockbox items in exchange for character specific titles.

New titles:
  • Cybernetic Cowboy
  • Steam Engine
  • Analytical Engine
  • Showdown
  • Plague Doctor
  • By Hook or Crook
  • Magnetic
  • Short Circuit
  • Retro
  • Experienced
  • Crafty
  • Resourceful
  • Special Butterfly
  • Organized Chaos
  • Candelight
  • Mystic
  • Translucent
  • Geared Up
  • Steampunk
  • Steamed
  • Will-O'-The-Wisp
  • Amped
  • Battery
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    T4edUv.gif​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Congratulations for Bringing back Nemcon Costumes Unlocks
    It hurted me seeing removed costumes from a game which is always about costumization
    Now more players will have access to them :+1:
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Gold Subscriber Vendor
    442.png

How many more Avian-related costumes are you going to Lock behind subscription walls which due to lack of country services I will be unable to acquire myself?
    This is not funny to me​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    I don't understand why it's OK to flood the game with r5 mods via lockboxes, but you can't put them into level 40 content. Lockboxes have long since irreversibly destroyed any ideas that r5 mods are actually rare.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Widespread reports of not being able to pick up the new Gold Bonus Piece. I can confirm that I can't pick it up either.

Looks great in the image though. I'm sure this problem will be fixed soon and I'm looking forward to using it. Thanks :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys, there's a bug with the gold item. If the character you're trying to buy it on bought the hands on hips emote, it will prohibit purchase.

This will be fixed next week, but a workaround for now is buy the costume with a character who did not directly purchase the hands on hips emote.

Sorry!​​
  • Options
    Thanks for posting the workaround.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Updated Collection vendor at Snake Gulch to sell healing items, bags, etc.

Hooray!!! Any chance we can get a costumer in Snake Gulch? To make it easier on folks who want to put on some fancy Western Duds?

Added Nemesis Confrontation to the queue window.
    Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
    Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
    Shadow Destroyer now drops his own rewardbox which drops the following items: Star Refill, Healing Device, Nemesis Tokens, SCR.
    Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
    Added daily Nemcon mission for Nemcon to Lt. Patil. Removed from Mentiac.
    Removed mission requirement for Lemurian/Monster Island Crisis daily missions.

The Nemesis' are getting a little love - I'm down with that!!!! It would also be nice if we could get Nemesis clues from a contact -- rather than having to "defeat" inanimate objects. Which might also fix the bug with people picking up someone's else's Nemi Clues in alerts. There's a police officer in M.C. who just hangs out around the Powerhouse.. that would be a perfect job for him.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    BUG:

The NPC who gives the "Project Frankenstein" daily dissapeared
    from the Until Headquarters

The GCR/SCR and Until Vendors also vanished from the Headquarters

When you log in with a character with the mission, the system removes "Project Frankenstein
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    sterga said:

I don't understand why it's OK to flood the game with r5 mods via lockboxes, but you can't put them into level 40 content. Lockboxes have long since irreversibly destroyed any ideas that r5 mods are actually rare.​​

R3 and R4 mods are more like punishment then rewards
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    guyhumual said:

sterga said:

R3 and R4 mods are more like punishment then rewards

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Hey guys, there's a bug with the gold item. If the character you're trying to buy it on bought the hands on hips emote, it will prohibit purchase.

This will be fixed next week, but a workaround for now is buy the costume with a character who did not directly purchase the hands on hips emote.

Sorry!

I assume the same fix will cover this anyway, but just in case...

BUG: If you purchase the Avian Mask on one character, the Hands on Hips emote cannot be purchased from the Lifetime Store by any character.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    The Military emote seems to be something else now.
  • Options
    blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Yeah the military pose became a robot kind of emote ><

• Options
    tonyroachclip2tonyroachclip2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    so uhm yeah the military emote is now "I'm a little teapot"?
  • Options
    lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    Umm.. R-3 R-4 mods? Why? Did we do something wrong?
    Do you hate us...
  • Options
    whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    "Relentless should no longer display that it's enhancing all of your action figures."

thats nice but it still lists my specializations and non attack powers, like my travel powers, passive, and well....everything. but good work on taking out the action figures, i don't have to scroll down anymore.

side note, anyone that sold anything in the Action exchange over night check your mail and your cash amount, i was missing 250g and put in a ticket but you might be missing some too.
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    Please let us keep the "I'm a little teapot"/marionette/mime emote thing that has replaced the military pose, I actually like it better than the original!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    "Im a little teapot"

ok now im curious now, can someone please post pictures of the bugged emote?​​
  • Options
    beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    There is a street preformer near the powerhouse in Vibora Bay that does the exact same animation loop.

• Options
    atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    avianos said:

"Im a little teapot"

ok now im curious now, can someone please post pictures of the bugged emote?​​

images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/171539190222784261/2783F3347647BB00C28488FB7ED4B4BE79E1CC16/
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • Options
    images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/171539190222784261/2783F3347647BB00C28488FB7ED4B4BE79E1CC16/

Ahahahaha, that's the Mime emote which Tinaman and Mime from Vibora bay uses!​​
  • Options
    Just add that emote and give is back the military one :D

• Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I was super excited that the costumes came back. Heavily disappointed that most players nowadays don't know about NemCon.

Also, I assumed NemCon was added to the Missions queue for easy PUG. I was saddened that no one was queing.

Could we get access to Nemcon even without the 5-man team like in TA(Epic)? So we can just solo it instead of having to waste time waiting for a group.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    Yeah please let us enter it whitout a 5 man group, let us have some "challenge" with it.

• Options
    lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    Will we have "Emote boxes" alike the Aura Boxes when the event ends? I would love to send the Military pose to other characters of mine.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Bug
    Nemesis Confrontation
    Nemesis sometimes don't drop their Nemesis Box

Bug
    Nemesis Confrontation
    Nemesis mobs sometimes drop Nemesis Box

Bug
    Queue Window
    Queueing with a 5 man team for Nemesis Confrontation will sometimes take up more than 5 minutes to pop.

Bug
    Nemesis Confrontation
    On some rare ocassions you are able to interact with the Treasure Box object that spawns after Nemesis are defeated and get 3 Nemesis Tokens
  • Options
    agentnx5agentnx5 Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Bug:
    Need to be able to convert Snake Bits (I have 222 of them) to Snake Bucks.
    According to description under currencies tab for Snake Bits: "The currency is no longer used and can be converted at the Exchange Vendor in the Millennium City Renaissance Center".
    Except that said Vendor NPC has no such exchange option... Can you please fix this devs?
    Ticket # 4370419

I think somebody already reported that the military emote was bugged...
  • Options
    You can exchange the old Snake currencies for Until Recognition, not the current event recognition, go into the recognition area.

• Options
    It's too bad there isn't simply ONE event currency for ALL events. Then we could avoid hot messes like this from ever happening. It's not like it matters what event you farm. People who are sick of the event binge probably don't give a toss either way and the people who come back for the new shiny are going to farm.

It would make those moronic stores with double prices more useful with one currency.
  • Options
    sterga said:

It's too bad there isn't simply ONE event currency for ALL events. Then we could avoid hot messes like this from ever happening. It's not like it matters what event you farm. People who are sick of the event binge probably don't give a toss either way and the people who come back for the new shiny are going to farm.

It would make those moronic stores with double prices more useful with one currency.

This would actually be even a bigger mess. People could just farm an easy event like Circus Malvanum and then just sit out all future events.
  • Options
    Maybe future events should be fun instead of so awful no one wants to participate.​​
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Dunno if this is an intended change or a glitch, but Karneeki the Great and other Collection Vendors are bugged for, at least, my newly-created level 6s. They work fine on my level 40s, so not sure if the ability to sell loot is now a level-restricted thing, or just something glitchy's going on!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Now I'm curious. Were the NemCon costume pieces just lost all these years, and recently rediscovered by the dev team, or have they known where they were all along and just didn't take the time to add them back in?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Now I'm curious. Were the NemCon costume pieces just lost all these years, and recently rediscovered by the dev team, or have they known where they were all along and just didn't take the time to add them back in?

I think the dev team knew about them but didn't bother with it. Thankfully, Kaizerin actually listens so she knew we would want the old costumes back.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    so uhm yeah the military emote is now "I'm a little teapot"?

it's hilarious. I want to keep the funny emote​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    We should get to keep it along with the Military Stance. Aaaand get a new Title: TeaTime. Annnnnd#2 AF a lil teapot.
    Because it's been a long time since we got anything to show for of these 'UPS'es...
    pig-42.gif​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    Return of old costumes so that new players can get them is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Gold Subscriber Vendor
      ]

Ok, why the hell is this called AVIAN MASK?
    It's a simply Opera/Carnival mask (which is only related, because Carnival)
    0be3d394c31815eadec23bba4ceae6a01488483198.jpg
    There are no Bird motifs around it, hell it's not even a feathered mask, the name of the item is misguided

Obviously a rushed-last minute made costume as well
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Because the previous DEVs (and especially the VERY DEV who BROKE the costume drops) didn't give a damn to fix what they broke

and they brought them back so more players can have access to them, instead of making them lost forever items

after 4 Years they are back, not too shabby​​
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    avianos said:

Ok, why the hell is this called AVIAN MASK?
    It's a simply Opera/Carnival mask
    There are no Bird motifs around it, hell it's not even a feathered mask, the name of the item is misguided

Obviously a rushed-last minute made costume as well

If you can't see any bird theme on that winged mask then you need to hand back your @handle. It quite obviously has a spread wings motif.

photo AvianMask2_1.png

I like it, it's simple and well made and a welcome addition to eye-accessory, domino-type-masks.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If you can't see any bird theme on that winged mask then you need to hand back your @handle. It quite obviously has a spread wings motif.
    This is NOT enough to justify the name
    Better names would be Winged Mask, Feathered Mask, Carnival Mask
    If you can't see any bird theme on that winged mask then you need to hand back your @handle.
    Also, how dare you?​​
  • Options
    avianos said:

This is NOT enough to justify the name.
    Better names would be Winged Mask, Feathered Mask, Carnival Mask​​

*shrug* It's just a name and it fits seeing as the adjective 'avian' means "relating to birds".

Spread feathered wings are very avian.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

High Noon

• Slightly reduced the token decay for the open mission.
    ​​
    What is this refering to?

• Options
    The diminshing returns when you do it multiples times in a row, you begin to gain 10, then 9, then 8, until you hit 1.

• Options
    Poor Kiwi Birds
    Powers
    • Fixed a bug where Svengalis Guile didn't refresh its stated effects.

BUG:
    Ego Placate's Svengalis Guile is still not working and fails to refresh Stress, Dependacy and Regret stacks

The ADV is still doing nothing

or related note

BUG:
    Mental Leech - Mental Weakness ADV
    Shadow of Doubt - Malaise ADV

NONE of those Debuffs appear on the enemies potraits, in matter of fact they may not even working
    ​​
  • Options
    i see the snake gulch AFs were renamed to show their identifier number in the player's AF storage, so thanks for that!

now i can see which ones i still need without having to waste G or snakebits on ones i might already have​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    sterga said:

It's too bad there isn't simply ONE event currency for ALL events.

The reason event currencies exist is to get people to play that event. While the currency tab is a bit of a mess, rewards that are restricted to specific content are a desirable way to get people to play more than one set of content.
  • Options
    Bug
    Nemesis Alert
    Nemesis and Nemesis mobs drop Nemesis Reward Box in alerts

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Now I wonder how many other missing weapon skins and so on they actually know about and will be putting back in the game, hopefully in the near future?

I think the dev team knew about them but didn't bother with it. Thankfully, Kaizerin actually listens so she knew we would want the old costumes back.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User

The Nemesis' are getting a little love - I'm down with that!!!! It would also be nice if we could get Nemesis clues from a contact -- rather than having to "defeat" inanimate objects. Which might also fix the bug with people picking up someone's else's Nemi Clues in alerts. There's a police officer in M.C. who just hangs out around the Powerhouse.. that would be a perfect job for him.

Oh! I love this idea!

(always thought is was dumb defeating chairs to get your Nemesis clue)