test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20170112.0058d.34 - Misc Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2017 in PTS - The Archive
High Noon
  • Added a handoff mission to Belle Steele that points you towards Toy Master.

Queues
  • Added Nemesis Confrontation to the queue window.
  • Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
  • Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
  • Shadow Destroyer now drops his own rewardbox which drops the following items: Star Refill, Healing Device, Nemesis Tokens, SCR Tokens.
  • Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
  • Added daily Nemcon mission for Nemcon to Lt. Patil. Removed from Mentiac*.
  • There will be no further revisions made to nemcon this patch cycle.
  • Removed mission requirement for Lem/Mon Crisis daily missions.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Svengalis Guile didn't refresh its stated effects.
  • Fixed a bug where Smoke Grenade wasn't wiping threat at range.

Vendors
  • Added a exchange vendor in the recognition area that will take various items in exchange for titles. Currently it features lockbox items, but it will branch out over time.
  • Added a exchange vendor to the lockbox vendor that will take current lockbox items in exchange for titles.

New titles:
  • Cybernetic Cowboy
  • Steam Engine
  • Analytical Engine
  • Showdown
  • Plague Doctor
  • By Hook or Crook
  • Magnetic
  • Short Circuit
  • Retro
  • Experienced
  • Crafty
  • Resourceful
  • Special Butterfly
  • Organized Chaos
  • Candelight
  • Mystic
  • Translucent
  • Geared Up
  • Steampunk
  • Steamed
  • Will-O'-The-Wisp
  • Amped
  • Battery
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
    OH MY GOD, IT FINALLY HAPPENING! IT'S HAPPENING! So much happening!
    b92.gif

The long waited return of lost forever Pre-Alert costumes
    I may have already unlocked them years ago, but Im so happy they are back, this means players will be availabe again to have access to them

REALLY Glad Nemcon is getting some love!
    Added a exchange vendor in the recognition area that will take various items in exchange for titles. Currently it features lockbox items, but it will branch out over time.
    Added a exchange vendor to the lockbox vendor that will take current lockbox items in exchange for titles.
    Liking this feature! really liking it, Titles are alway welcome since they are part of the costumization

even thought... not sure if someone wants to pay so much money to get the Cybernetic Cowboy costume set for the title​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • blockwaveblockwave Posts: 329 Arc User
    Mmm, so, 1000G is the value of Cybernetic Cowboy costume set right now,(+ or less), who would pay 1K to get one title ? Might want to put these titles for Questionnite, SCR, or even GCR.

• riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    <3 The nemcon and nemisis drop changes. Very nice.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Is nemcon no longer level 40? I can't see any reason to drop mods below rank 5, Until tokens, 5% / 7% catalysts otherwise. I mean come on, rank 5 mods have flooded the game thanks to lockboxes so anything lower is basically trash. Alerts aren't exactly hard and they reward SCR at level 40.

But, hey, finally putting the costumes back in.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Maybe just one more, tiny tweak to nemesis stuff? The fact that if someone picked up your clue in an alert, and didn't discard it means you can't do nemesis missions since then? Most of my characters have been stuck in this state for years.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

• Has a chance to drop the following items: (Mythic Rare) Armor Gladiator 2 Bracers, (Mythic Rare) Armor Spiked 2 shoulders, (Mythic Rare) Gladiator belt, Nemesis Gear (similar to Bronze King gear), 7 or 10% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, R4 Mods.
    ​​
    I am in heaven right now~ They finally returned it!

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    kaizerin said:

Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
    Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
    You can get R4 mods as mob drops in NemCon. So maybe R5 is warranted, or a chance of R4/R5.
    Though, perhaps you mean the Nemesis Box will drop whenever you defeat your Nemesis? (such as in Deathray Demolition and the one where your nemesis is working on the big, defective bomb in West Side)

As noted in another thread, some folks have Lockbox items that they don't feel they can sell for a good price anymore. For those people, a special title could now be earned. More power to 'em. For those that would never trade a rare lockbox item for a title, status quo.
    Post edited by roughbearmattach on

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    You mean I can get a chance to get those Spiked Gladiator Costume Pieces?
    o.-.o
    Might have a better chance if they added it to SCR Vendor or Trade on Auction House (If and can afford it)
    Haven't played TA in Months, haven't played Nemcon in many months.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • sekhmet46sekhmet46 Posts: 175 Arc User
    I think it might make more sense to earn the titles while keeping the associated item, much like the Quicksilver title for the event. People get an added bonus for obtaining a certain item, and get to keep it. As is, I might possibly trade a low-rarity aura or costume I have two of, but I'd never consider trading in a costume set or power unlock for a mere title.
    edited February 2017

kaizerin said:

Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
    Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
    You can get R4 mods as mob drops in NemCon. So maybe R5 is warranted, or a chance of R4/R5.
    Count me in as also supporting an increase to Rank 5 drops from the box. There has to be some incentive to run Nemcom - and most people capable or running it aren't looking for low-level mods.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

kaizerin said:

Count me in as also supporting an increase to Rank 5 drops from the box. There has to be some incentive to run Nemcom - and most people capable or running it aren't looking for low-level mods.
    To be fair, NemCon is super easy at today's power levels, absent an update it's on a par with running an alert.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

The Gladiator costume set is the incentive to run Nemcon.

Cosmics drop r4-r5, so Nemcon shouldn't drop mods higher than rank 4. Mob drop mods should be capped at 3.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Revolver doesn't take coloring very well, can that be adjusted so that it can take other colors besides really bright ones?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited February 2017

To be fair, NemCon is super easy at today's power levels, absent an update it's on a par with running an alert.

If we're going by the "easy" standard, shouldn't NemCon have r7 mods? I mean opening lockboxes for r5 mods requires zero effort and you don't even have to play the game. At least with NemCon, you have to put in some effort to show up and move around.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    sterga said:

If we're going by the "easy" standard, shouldn't NemCon have r7 mods? I mean opening lockboxes for r5 mods requires zero effort and you don't even have to play the game. At least with NemCon, you have to put in some effort to show up and move around.
    No, because you can solo NemCon. You could before the power level exploded with the on alert changes.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • dataweaver42dataweaver42 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Is there any chance that the NemCon costume drops could be added to the Nemesis Vendor? I have long since run out of things to spend Nemesis Tokens on, and it would be nice to get some costume pieces in that store. Or something other than just Heirloom Gear, Mods, and Action Figures.

Along these lines, could we maybe get some costume pieces (or other rewards) in the Nemesis store that are locked behind the various Minion Perks? Beat up on robots long enough and you get access to something robot-themed; etc.

More broadly, give us something to incentivize the Nemesis system beyond what we currently have.
    No, because you can solo NemCon. You could before the power level exploded with the on alert changes.

Whooosh! Right over your head.​​
    sterga said:

If we're going by the "easy" standard, shouldn't NemCon have r7 mods? I mean opening lockboxes for r5 mods requires zero effort and you don't even have to play the game.
    The inherent nature of lockboxes is that they allow you to spend money to avoid playing the game. It's perfectly reasonable to take offense at the existence of such options, but you can't really compare in-game rewards to Z-store rewards other than whether the game seems unduly unbalanced one way or the other.

Is there any chance that the NemCon costume drops could be added to the Nemesis Vendor? I have long since run out of things to spend Nemesis Tokens on, and it would be nice to get some costume pieces in that store. Or something other than just Heirloom Gear, Mods, and Action Figures.

Along these lines, could we maybe get some costume pieces (or other rewards) in the Nemesis store that are locked behind the various Minion Perks? Beat up on robots long enough and you get access to something robot-themed; etc.

More broadly, give us something to incentivize the Nemesis system beyond what we currently have.

I much rather they adress some long standing bugs with the Nemesis system than start with the rewards and work backwards. As someone else mentioned, last time I was able to do Nemesis on my main character was 2012 when someone picked my Nemesis clue in an alert and never ever removed it from his inventory.

Functional content is the best incentive to run said content.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I don't think Nemcon should have a difficulty increase. We already have TA for those of you who want tougher content on a 5 team.

Some people (which isn't even my case) have more than many dozens of characters, many of which are nichè builds, entirely theme-focused builds and such. Just because some people find exploits and/or easy-damage skills doesn't mean those who just want to have fun with their own character have to suffer being unable to play the game at lv40. Normally I wouldn't say this too, but the focus of *this* game had been for a while on having multiple characters and making your own unique builds.

Now, I'm not opposed to an "Epic" Nemcon lair, just like TA is an "Epic" version of the Teleios Tower. In fact, I encourage it, though making all nemeses equally tough when they all have different power sets to boost up.. that might be quite hard to do.

You *could* change some stuff around and increase the difficulty slightly, sure, but otherwise Nemcon is fine as is.
    lezard21 said:

Cosmics drop r4-r5, so Nemcon shouldn't drop mods higher than rank 4. Mob drop mods should be capped at 3.

You get R5 mods from mobs in level 40 lairs. You get R4 mods from mobs doing VB Crisis. You get a mix of R4 and R5 mods when running Carrier Wave or FATAL ERROR at level 40.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.

I don't think Nemcon should have a difficulty increase.

That doesn't seem to be anyone's proposal? Just saying that a reward upgrade isn't likely without a difficulty upgrade.
    You can get r5 mods from VB, a level 38 zone... So, yeah. Anything less than r5 for level 40 content seems like just padding rewards with vendor trash. Even for "easy" content. Which, last I checked, was also VB trash mobs.

R5 mods aren't exactly spectacular, rare, or have anything to do with difficulty in acquiring. The damage to flooding the game with those mods has long since been done. We can stop pretending they're somehow special and not super common.​​
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

I don't think Nemcon should have a difficulty increase.

That doesn't seem to be anyone's proposal? Just saying that a reward upgrade isn't likely without a difficulty upgrade.
    Several comments about how "easy" Nemcon is. It's basically saying "Wow it's hot in here" instead of asking to turn on the ventilator.

On-topic, since it seems I forgot to say anything, glad to see the old costumes coming back!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    lezard21 said:

I much rather they adress some long standing bugs with the Nemesis system than start with the rewards and work backwards. As someone else mentioned, last time I was able to do Nemesis on my main character was 2012 when someone picked my Nemesis clue in an alert and never ever removed it from his inventory.

Functional content is the best incentive to run said content.
    This! Didn't even know such a bug existed. Since 2012???!!!

I don't think Nemcon should have a difficulty increase. We already have TA for those of you who want tougher content on a 5 team.

Some people (which isn't even my case) have more than many dozens of characters, many of which are nichè builds, entirely theme-focused builds and such. Just because some people find exploits and/or easy-damage skills doesn't mean those who just want to have fun with their own character have to suffer being unable to play the game at lv40. Normally I wouldn't say this too, but the focus of *this* game had been for a while on having multiple characters and making your own unique builds.

Now, I'm not opposed to an "Epic" Nemcon lair, just like TA is an "Epic" version of the Teleios Tower. In fact, I encourage it, though making all nemeses equally tough when they all have different power sets to boost up.. that might be quite hard to do.

You *could* change some stuff around and increase the difficulty slightly, sure, but otherwise Nemcon is fine as is.

Easy. Leave Nemcon as is. Create Epic Nemcon with Epic rewards for the cool kids to farm and get rich \o/
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Oh neat, I'm gonna be doing Nemcon on a daily basis again :'3
    sterga said:

You can get r5 mods from VB, a level 38 zone... So, yeah. Anything less than r5 for level 40 content seems like just padding rewards with vendor trash. Even for "easy" content. Which, last I checked, was also VB trash mobs.

You can also farm them in Lemuria - but let's face who bothers to go to Lemuria or VB these days. Right now the most profitable content are Alerts. It's more effecient to farm alerts then bother running any of the content -- so content must be compelling enough to draw people away from Alerts. I don't see the harm in buffing up the rewards that drop throughout the game. Nemcom changes seem like a step in the right direction -- they just need to go a bit further.

Imagine if a Nemesis patch comes out . . . I wish Nemeses had ability scores to match the new game meta, instead of pre-Alert levels.

Did a NemCon two nights ago with one person who had never done it, and I was the only one regularly does Cosmics and builds for such content. All of us, even my Cosmic support character, were themed builds, without the most optimal power setups. We cake-walked the entire NemCon. In the final battle, no one lost more than one third of health at any time, and all were at full health for most of the fight.

Easy as an Alert.

Well yeah, this happens with a Pre-Alert END GAME which hasn't been balanced/buffed/changed to match up with After-Alert update
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited March 2017
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Vendors
    • Added a exchange vendor in the recognition area that will take various items in exchange for titles. Currently it features lockbox items, but it will branch out over time.
    • Added a exchange vendor to the lockbox vendor that will take current lockbox items in exchange for titles.
    New titles:
    • Resourceful
    • Special Butterfly
    • Organized Chaos

SUGGESTION:
    Add more related Titles in the Vendor related to the Butterfly Auras
    1. Social Butterfly
    2. Anti-social Moth
    ​​
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    If you're trying to get players to open more lock boxes, you're going to need something more then titles (*imo*).
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    I'm glad the Nemesis system is getting some love. More stuff from the Nemesis vendor would be nice. More auras, more costumes, more gear, more devices... heck, even some consumables that provide heals or buffs would be nice. Make getting nemesis tokens worth the trouble at the very least if the Nemesis themselves aren't getting upgrades.
  • tigerofcachticetigerofcachtice Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    BUG: Gold Bonus (Costume/Emotes/Etc.) Vendor showing March 2016 costume piece, the Mardi Gras Mask, instead of March 2017 costume piece or emote! Letting you know in advance before people rage!

Seriously you know how people get about their costume pieces. Probably wrong thing got tagged, pls fix :D

UPDATE - ok totally see it now, and I heard about the bug and everyone knows you're already on it, no worries.

FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING A BUG PICKING IT UP - there is a bug where you go to the Gold Bonus Vendor and find you cannot pick it up. Change to a character that does not have the Hands-On-Hips emote, then try picking it up again. That's the current workaround.
    Post edited by tigerofcachtice on
    Banner%20Try%20Again.jpg
    More action at Champions Online Comics @ http://co-comics.webs.com
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I'm not holding my breath for any major overhaul of nemesis content because, as gets pointed out each time, they'd have to overhaul each nemesis power set, which is basically the same as overhauling a number of bosses equal to the number of nemesis power sets simultaneously. I mean, they wouldn't want to make cool new epic nemesis content only for all players to turn their nemesi to single blade type right? winkwink
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

High Noon

Queues
    • Nemesis now drop a Nemesis box. This box auto opens upon picking up and drops the following items: Star Refill, Nemesis Tokens, UNTIL Tokens.
    • Has a chance to drop these items: Nemesis Action Figures, 5 or 7% Catalyst, Questionite Bag, Healing Item, R3 or R4 mods.
    • Shadow Destroyer now drops his own rewardbox which drops the following items: Star Refill, Healing Device, Nemesis Tokens, SCR Tokens.

Powers

Vendors

New titles:
    • Cybernetic Cowboy
    • Steam Engine
    • Analytical Engine
    • Showdown
    • Plague Doctor
    • By Hook or Crook
    • Magnetic
    • Short Circuit
    • Retro
    • Experienced
    • Crafty
    • Resourceful
    • Special Butterfly
    • Organized Chaos
    • Candelight
    • Mystic
    • Translucent
    • Geared Up
    • Steampunk
    • Steamed
    • Will-O'-The-Wisp
    • Amped
    • Battery
    ​​
    Wow... nice things to look foward to! The nemcom changes are nice ( I will run them more often now). I think we are quite overstuffed with Star Refill drops as a reward. Nemcom is not difficult to complete; there is little reason to have star refills to help your character.

Suggestion: Remove the Star Refill from the Nemesis Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag. You can remove the Questionite Bag from the RNG Nemesis drop. Remove the Star Refill from the Shadow Destroyer Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag.

The Lockbox Exchange Vendor is an interesting concept; turn in your unused lockbox items for a title. I guess this will help some players who have a lot of lockbox items to lighten up their storage space. It won't help me, though! :lol:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I could see spending Items for Titles, if these were secondary titles. After(under) your characters name.
    The Utterly Amazing
    ...FlyingFinn
    ...Special Butterfly​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    *Raises Hand* I have a question: Since you are removing the Nemcom mission and queue point from Unity will you plan to rework/remove Unity altogether? After the Nemcom move the only reason for visiting the Unity building will be for Unity missions. I dont think many players do Unity Missions because they do not grant the type of rewards players expect from those missions.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I would hope they would do some reworking on UNITY at some point this year, as there's an opportunity to make it a good routine thing to do for Level 40 characters. Adding NemCon and MI/Lemuria to the queue is a good thing on the same theme, too... hope to see more of that sort of thing.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just give Patil the Unity missions as well, call them Until missions and be done with Unity all together. The interior of the Unity building is pretty underwhelming compared to Until anyway. Rename the Unity 2 missions and give them to Dr. Ka. How many people even know that Unity 2 exists, let alone have played them through? I did them on my first character, but never again.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    nbkxs said:

Maybe just one more, tiny tweak to nemesis stuff? The fact that if someone picked up your clue in an alert, and didn't discard it means you can't do nemesis missions since then? Most of my characters have been stuck in this state for years.​​

I have done some experiment and observation in game and proven that old saw no longer true.

A friend and myself have queued to nemesis alerts until they aquired a nemesis clue from one of my nem-mins, and then afterward, while they were still holding the nem-clue, I was able to spawn nem-mins and collect a clue.

kyastral said:

kaizerin said:

High Noon

Queues

Powers

Vendors

New titles:
    • Cybernetic Cowboy
    • Steam Engine
    • Analytical Engine
    • Showdown
    • Plague Doctor
    • By Hook or Crook
    • Magnetic
    • Short Circuit
    • Retro
    • Experienced
    • Crafty
    • Resourceful
    • Special Butterfly
    • Organized Chaos
    • Candelight
    • Mystic
    • Translucent
    • Geared Up
    • Steampunk
    • Steamed
    • Will-O'-The-Wisp
    • Amped
    • Battery
    ​​
    Wow... nice things to look foward to! The nemcom changes are nice ( I will run them more often now). I think we are quite overstuffed with Star Refill drops as a reward. Nemcom is not difficult to complete; there is little reason to have star refills to help your character.

Suggestion: Remove the Star Refill from the Nemesis Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag. You can remove the Questionite Bag from the RNG Nemesis drop. Remove the Star Refill from the Shadow Destroyer Box and replace it with a Questionite Bag.

The Lockbox Exchange Vendor is an interesting concept; turn in your unused lockbox items for a title. I guess this will help some players who have a lot of lockbox items to lighten up their storage space. It won't help me, though! :lol:
    A lot of people actually appreciate the star-refills as loot.

Not everybody is as cool as you.

Just give Patil the Unity missions as well, call them Until missions and be done with Unity all together. The interior of the Unity building is pretty underwhelming compared to Until anyway. Rename the Unity 2 missions and give them to Dr. Ka. How many people even know that Unity 2 exists, let alone have played them through? I did them on my first character, but never again.

Or at the very least, just make the UNITY 'building' another wing inside the UNTIL building, like they keep doing for other new content.

• rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    How bout making the NemCon/Crysis Queue easier/better to use like Alerts where everybody sync's their Queue and join as a Team then risk missing out.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    n8mcd said:

kyastral said:

kaizerin said:

High Noon

Queues

Powers

Vendors

New titles:
    • Cybernetic Cowboy
    • Steam Engine
    • Analytical Engine
    • Showdown
    • Plague Doctor
    • By Hook or Crook
    • Magnetic
    • Short Circuit
    • Retro
    • Experienced
    • Crafty
    • Resourceful
    • Special Butterfly
    • Organized Chaos
    • Candelight
    • Mystic
    • Translucent
    • Geared Up
    • Steampunk
    • Steamed
    • Will-O'-The-Wisp
    • Amped
    • Battery
    ​​

A lot of people actually appreciate the star-refills as loot.

Not everybody is as cool as you.
    Who me? Cool? Naaah, not even in the slightest.
    From my observations, it seems that many players ask or are concerned about how to obtain more Questionite; I have never heard any player ask about farming for Star Refills. *shrugs*
    Hmm.. I guess that could be a question for another thread: "If you had a choice between Star Refills and Questionite as a loot drop, which would you choose?"
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I would like to see UNITY moved back into Ren Cen, tbh. It could be such a good thing... A travel hub with free transport to any zone (including VB), a launching pad for mini-events to get people playing older content (lairs, crises, adventure packs, mission chains, Rampages) with UNITY specific gear and bonuses (just the thing for the new level 40) to incentivise them to play as a team. Some might learn the roles and tactics they'll need for the Cosmics, QZone, etc, others might just like the mid-level content and play that more.

And yes, Star Refills aren't much cop. Stars don't make enough difference, tbh, to be worth chasing (and don't think about hiking the prices, either - I stopped bothering about them completely the last time they did that).
    edited March 2017
    Yup it would nice if Unity 1 & 2 could be refurbished somehow. Move UNTIL back to rencen. Update the rewards & spruce the content up a bit.
This discussion has been closed.