test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rimefire burst/break through

roarofolympusroarofolympus Posts: 93 Arc User
Rimefire is a very popular attack so you know in pvp. But what real use is it to have nailed to the ground as an advantage when everyone uses nttg by leap or force geyser?

Since blocking is so popular now, why not remove nttg from rimefire and replace it with breakthrough. I think that would make much more sense allowing fighters a chance to really unload their raw damage and save people from relying on knocks (which may never happen because most people just tank/block) or wasting a power point on a weak power for breakthrough.

Also speaking of breakthrough, the seemingly false advertising 150% dodge debuff should be replaced with trauma effect. I've landed it on LRs and they still dodge attacks. Its hard enough to land a breakthrough as it is sometimes, and when they do people masterful dodge anyways and seem to have no dodge debuff from that.

Say as you wish I just thought these ideas would be senseable and hopefully come to attention from a dev. You are all open to your own opinion

Comments

• notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    I'm just going to point out three things

1: adding breakthough to rimefire would be nice, but ultimately not that pratical due to the setup/cast time requirements...so the benefit gained would be minor

2: it does debuff dodge by 150%... as on my dodge toon when I get by it.. his dodge drops all the way to -67%...however the effect is canceled the instant I hit the player that applied it.. sooo you might not be considering it

3: putting truma into ranged attacks is why everybody and their grandma's dog used to run ER in PvP...in a nutshell, given how strong of a debuff truma is, I think it's sufficient enough to just leave it on melee only powers.

side note: last I checked the debuffs and block cancel from breakthough only really applied if the target blocked...
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Also speaking of breakthrough, the seemingly false advertising 150% dodge debuff should be replaced with trauma effect.

What's wrong roar, having trouble beating healers?
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User

Rimefire is a very popular attack so you know in pvp. But what real use is it to have nailed to the ground as an advantage when everyone uses nttg by leap or force geyser?

Since blocking is so popular now, why not remove nttg from rimefire and replace it with breakthrough. I think that would make much more sense allowing fighters a chance to really unload their raw damage and save people from relying on knocks (which may never happen because most people just tank/block) or wasting a power point on a weak power for breakthrough.

Also speaking of breakthrough, the seemingly false advertising 150% dodge debuff should be replaced with trauma effect. I've landed it on LRs and they still dodge attacks. Its hard enough to land a breakthrough as it is sometimes, and when they do people masterful dodge anyways and seem to have no dodge debuff from that.

Say as you wish I just thought these ideas would be senseable and hopefully come to attention from a dev. You are all open to your own opinion

Breakthrough is a costly advantage to be put on Rimefire, IMHO. While I understand it's popular, Breakthrough is best used on a tap power with a fast animation, particularly one that you wouldn't want to rank up. Breakthrough is a setup for a bigger hit and often you would want the target to not to drop their block when you use it (ergo, the reason it should be on a fast power). If it's on a slow power (especially ones that require a charge up or have slow activation), it gives the target time to cancel the block (thus becoming briefly immune to Breakthrough's effect).
  • roarofolympusroarofolympus Posts: 93 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

Also speaking of breakthrough, the seemingly false advertising 150% dodge debuff should be replaced with trauma effect.

What's wrong roar, having trouble beating healers?
    no i can just go pestilence and kill blockers and healers no problem but i dont want to do that. changes need to be made for more diversity, so thanks for your useless trolling you can continue to enjoy hiding from me thnx

Breakthrough is a costly advantage to be put on Rimefire, IMHO. While I understand it's popular, Breakthrough is best used on a tap power with a fast animation, particularly one that you wouldn't want to rank up. Breakthrough is a setup for a bigger hit and often you would want the target to not to drop their block when you use it (ergo, the reason it should be on a fast power). If it's on a slow power (especially ones that require a charge up or have slow activation), it gives the target time to cancel the block (thus becoming briefly immune to Breakthrough's effect).
    the problem with a tap power or a leap with breakthrough is it will constantly cause unwavering to the enemy. something like rimefire that is a very fast projectile and you can wait for the right moment (when they just hold block when you ego surge) i think would be much more practical
    edited January 2017

no i can just go pestilence and kill blockers and healers no problem but i dont want to do that.

Sure you can. That's why you're here begging for advantages in a forum the devs don't read. u3u

um not begging suggesting. you really are a total scum smh pathetic dude i feel sorry for you actually.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited January 2017

no i can just go pestilence and kill blockers and healers no problem but i dont want to do that. changes need to be made for more diversity, so thanks for your useless trolling you can continue to enjoy hiding from me thnx

Right, because abusing glitches in order to defeat somebody who obviously is better at pvp than you is such an honorable act.. NOT!

You're just another special snowflake, 'bro'.

um not begging suggesting.

This should be in the "Suggestions Box" section of the forum, then. Spinny was pointing that out. You could repost it there.

Right, because abusing glitches in order to defeat somebody who obviously is better at pvp than you is such an honorable act.. NOT!

You're just another special snowflake, 'bro'.

um pestilence is a glitch? colonel you are an idiot srsly no need for your salt. get on my level b4 you speak of something you know nothing about lmao. continue your RP thanks. and spinny wasnt pointing anything out he is being a troll.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User

um pestilence is a glitch? colonel you are an idiot srsly no need for your salt. get on my level b4 you speak of something you know nothing about lmao. continue your RP thanks. and spinny wasnt pointing anything out he is being a troll.

Not directly. I cannot explain it further, because it's not allowed to discuss these type of things on the forums.
    What i can say is, block, aswell as other def. skills such as MD, do not work against said glitch, that's why i thought you are actually abusing it.

But since you seem to be unaware of it, i apologize.

and spinny wasnt pointing anything out he is being a troll.

I was pointing out that when this was stated:
    spinnytop said:

That's why you're here begging for advantages in a forum the devs don't read.

It's because it's true, the devs don't really actively check this part of the forums for suggestions. Mostly this is for the players and their thoughts, opinions, stories related to Hero Games/PVP. But since your point is to suggest something about the game, that's where the Suggestion Box comes in.

Though, yes, Spinny could have phrased it more nicely. But then that wouldn't be Spinny, so...

edited January 2017

get on my level

He would but I hear colonel has bad knees so we don't want him squatting down too much.
  • zemmaxzemmax Posts: 295 Arc User
    So how does it feel to call yourself the king of pvp while 100% of the PVP'ers stopped playing the game?