test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how would you improve the game?

Comments

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Posts: 409 Arc User
    nadazdy said:

Finally, a suggestion: an underground "mole-man" city zone might be fun, although I recognize it might be too much work for your smallish staff to do.

Some really good ideas in this thread. I really like the 'mole-man' city. B)

(oh, and if you don't think it can happen: https://youtube.com/watch?v=cmJq23w0biE :p )

My improvements are in my sig link below. ;)
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    1) Unlock Vibora Bay when you hit 40. Having to do the VBA repeatedly is tedious work if you want to do it for every character.
    YES

2) Unlock all the hidden areas in the Hideouts. I don't care if the special features are active; I just want to be able to use those rooms for RP.
    YES

3 )Expanded range of emotes. Frankly, I find the number currently available is rather small.
    SURE

4) Ability to replay completed missions.
    SURE

5) Make available old weapon skins and costume pieces from way, way back. I look at the weapon displays in the hideouts and wonder why many of these simply aren't available.
    SURE

6) I would add a new event featuring something like defeating waves of robot cowboys.
    :p

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

6) I would add a new event featuring something like defeating waves of robot cowboys.
    :p

I see what you did there . . .
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    nadazdy said:

2) Unlock all the hidden areas in the Hideouts. I don't care if the special features are active; I just want to be able to use those rooms for RP.

Yeah, not as easy as you'd think. Moon base would be easy, just recode the doors to open and close, the others...... oy.....

Sanctum: has a bug that causes the walls and some floors to vanish, this is triggered by breaking certain pieces of furniture that are outside the main area. Picking it up and throwing it doesn't seem to do it, but PBaoes do.

Cave: there is no floor or walls in the training room

also, Sanctum, Cave, Penthouse, and Basement would all need to have the crafting room fixed so that you can choose which crafting theme to display, currently they display all three simultaneously. Moonbase does not display any crafting theme at all. Apparently that hadn't gotten added to it yet.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    Convert everything (except gear/devices) to account wide unlocks, including auras. Loyal Sidekicks made BtA. Stop putting trash costumes in store.

The cash shop is what keeps me from logging in anymore. Failing content and then the store. This is worse than the PWE buy-in drought.
    nadazdy said:

nadazdy said:

Yeah, not as easy as you'd think. Moon base would be easy, just recode the doors to open and close, the others...... oy.....

Sanctum: has a bug that causes the walls and some floors to vanish, this is triggered by breaking certain pieces of furniture that are outside the main area. Picking it up and throwing it doesn't seem to do it, but PBaoes do.

Cave: there is no floor or walls in the training room

also, Sanctum, Cave, Penthouse, and Basement would all need to have the crafting room fixed so that you can choose which crafting theme to display, currently they display all three simultaneously. Moonbase does not display any crafting theme at all. Apparently that hadn't gotten added to it yet.
    The floor and walls would have to be added.
    Otherwise, just remove/turn off everything else.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Might be game-breaking, but I would limit FF's Builds & Roles Tray into only 3. You can choose new powers with each tray. Kinda like a clean slate to make another build.

And maybe...just maybe...actually correct the range of Cosmic Boss' atks to match their model. (Talking about getting hit by Dino tail even when placed near the knee and Ape's fire breath hitting those behind his thighs.)

mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Ban everyone that sends me in game mail that asks "Are you dead?"

I mean holy f&^%. Seriously. Every time I go on hols its the bloody same. Say I did die how would I reply to that. Your all idiots U_U"
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    1) Clean up the tailor, this is one of the best features and there are of costumes that look terrible/low quality. There are many pieces that were broke when they released the variable robot pieces that are still clipping in areas they hadn't prior to that update.
    2) Lower retcon prices
    3) Lower the token prices for the recog vendors or increase the amount of tokens earned from all sources. Grinds burn people out.
    4)Avoid moving powers from one tier to another, adding more powers to create more options should be the goal. I would stop the homogenization of the powersets. Variety is the spice of life. Making everything the same aside from a coat of paint makes everything boring. Powers would still be balanced but not at the expense of uniquiness.
    5)Gold members would be able to open all lockboxes.
    6) Vet rewards would return, and go beyond 1000days.
    7)Undo many of the nerfs to devices, undo the change that made devices go on cooldown when they're equipped.

Everyone is prone to idiotic behavior once in a while. As for dying I've been there done that in my past so can relate to seeing someone who believes you died.

O_O Are you Dr Who?

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    probably been said already , remove bind on pickup entirely from the game .

Either leave it as bind on equip , or make it bind to account that becomes bind on equip if people are against moving this stuff off your account characters to give away or sell ,

give a bind to account option on the auras that come from events or vendors , its probably going to be more expensive but might encourage people to want them , it is after all a cosmetic

encourage alts ,more alts means more things you want , stuff like costume packs vehicles and hideouts

my own thoughts make of them what you will.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    A simple addition: Exit Effects, ie, when you exit a zone or the game something interesting happens, like the Star Trek teleporter but with character flare. Cast a magic circle and turn into glitter or fire or smoke. Strike yourself with a massive bolt of lightning. Digitize into the wifi-sphere. Melt into mud or crumble to dust. Cover your nose in your cloak and turn into bats or dust or bugs. Ascend to heaven. The usual stuff that we are missing.

This way every time we zip off to an alert there will be an interesting special effect instead of just a fade to nothing.
    Post edited by nextnametaken on
    "Doctor Who" is a tv show, not a character.

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User

YOU WHAT?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I mean yes they call him "The Doctor" nowadays more often since the Tenant era but he is also referred to in the show as "Doctor Who".
    He is never referred to as "Doctor Who". He is always "Doctor" or "The Doctor".

Each season, there is often an in-joke, where some character says, "Doctor who?" As in, what is his name?

He is never called, nor has ever been called, Doctor Who (well, except by filthy casuals).

• darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

He is never referred to as "Doctor Who". He is always "Doctor" or "The Doctor".

Each season, there is often an in-joke, where some character says, "Doctor who?" As in, what is his name?

He is never called, nor has ever been called, Doctor Who (well, except by filthy casuals).

*Hardcore talk is hardcore* :expressionless:
    edited February 2017

WOTAN would disagree.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    While I would love a TARDIS--I could be late for work but still get there on time, among other things--I'll just get back to the subject at hand.

While named gear like Heroic is good enough, the gear you get from leveling needs some work. A lot of work. For example, if you start with Endurance primary, you don't even get Endurance gear to start with. Also, there are some missions with primary gear rewards, but these are only useful for a limited number of super stat combinations; the others are rare as rewards. Not only that, random drops are just too...random. (Amazing isn't it?)

While the gear seems to support AT's okay, I have reached level 30 on some freeforms with less than 100 points in all three super stats. That is ridiculous. If Cryptic is going to have gear, the gear should be useful for all builds, not just AT's and similar-statted FF's.

To be frank, I've never liked gear done this way. Gear with sufficient stats should be sold for in-game currency (this should be mainly green-level gear) with mission rewards and random drops going into blue and higher. The green gear should be good enough to get you through leveling, though not optimal.

Since you would need to upgrade fairly often, gear from the store should be affordable. This is especially true of secondary gear, which is sometimes the only way to get a decent Recovery rating when Recovery is not a super stat (when combined with a few talent choices). Some players also might want some Dexterity in there, too.
    Try the auction exchange, you can spend your in-game currency there on gear that more closely has the stats you want.
    edited February 2017
    spinnytop said:

Try the auction exchange, you can spend your in-game currency there on gear that more closely has the stats you want.

It shouldn't be necessary to do that, though, at least not for green gear. However...

...I have tried that in the past. Guess I could try it again. No guarantees though. If the gear drops I need are as rare for me as for everyone, there still might not be any.

It's worth a shot. Thanks, Spinny.
    And here I go again....

Toggles. Once you get one, is there any reason you'd want it off? Well, there might be, on occasion, so I wouldn't completely make them 'always on' (those are passives).

Nevertheless, a toggle box up by your passive box (rather than on your hotbar) would not only prevent it from being accidentally turned off (not a great problem, but still...), it would allow the toggle to automatically come back on when you respawned or exited your vehicle.

You could still have different toggles on different builds, so no problems there.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm..

!. Fix the heroin/angeldust/crack cocaine reliance on knockbacks for effective gameplay. Remove knockback from 75% of power advantages and the powers that do have them can only knocback to 100 feet. There is no reason to have access to knockback powers that knocks mobs out of the range of the available powers in the game. Players should only knockback mobs to 100 feet and then finish off the mob with another power that has the same range. That makes more sense. The powers of this game are not set up to chase after mobs that get knocked back out of range. It is also discouraging to be on a team with players knocking back mobs so far that there is little need for the participation of the other team members. DCUO relies on knockbacks, too, but at least it is more of a knockback air juggle (like in fighting games such as Street Fighter) so a player can at least break out and block while being knocked back.

2. Remove the aggro advantages from DPS powers completely and give it solely to tank/melee roles. If a player has a poor tank build on their toon, they should suffer the immediate consequences, not have a DPS steal aggro and the team has to work on SLOWLY building the aggro back on a better tank. Even in solo intances, a good DPS can generate enough basic aggro; having the advantage to have MORE aggro is not needed. The Cosmic Monsters/Q-Warzone/revamped zone events has proven how much aggro is needed for tanks/melee and how less it is needed for any other role.

3. Restrict the XP alerts to allow only players levels 10-39. The daily XP alert should be greyed out to level 40 toons, and if they are on a team with lower level players they should not be allowed in. If your toon achieves level 40 within the mission that toon would be taken out of the mission after recieving the level 40 rewards and bonuses. There are many other ways a level 40 toon can make questionite; this one is not needed. Remember, the Q-Warzone is only accessible to level 40 toons, so restricting the XP alert should be of little issue.

4 Remove the leaderboard from Grab, Boost, and Smash alerts. Everyone gets the same score in those alerts no matter how much damage they do; everyone's name is just in alphabetical order, not in the order of damage done. Since the purple/gold drops from those alerts are now available in the GCR store, there is little reason to have a leaderboard for those alerts.

5. Improve the Hideouts so players will use/purchase them more often. Players who own multiple bases would have access to all of those base styles, not just the one they happen to be in. A *blank canvas* version of the hideouts would benefit players who want to be more *creative* with how they want their base to look and would be among the choices available when purchasing a base. Along with the tailor, bank and crime computer amenities, gold members would have an AH and Mod table amenities as well. LTS members would have all the amenites that the V.I.P. lounge and Mod table amenites for their Hideouts.

The potential income from hideouts is to have *themed* hideout skin packs and accessories available in the Zen store; for example, a Foxbat Penthouse Hideout skin theme for Foxbat fans! Foxbat portraits, replicas of his weapons, a Foxbat face rug, the works! Some mission lairs have cool items that could be fun to have in Hideouts; they would be reward drops and labeled as *lair item*. Some of the larger lairs would be available as Hideouts, such as the Aegir (inside and underwater), Millenium City Sewers, Steelhead Fort (inside) a *procured* Viper base, Argent Hunting Lodge, Psi Building Offices, Lo Pan's Temple in Westside, inside Ravenswood Academy (classrooms and tutorial area) and part of Until's Space Station. These larger Hideouts would be slated for Supergroups.

All bases would have access to a raid computer; however supergroup officers/leaders would have access to set up private raids from their raid computers and invite any player they choose. A raid computer would teleport a character(s) to a spawn point near a Cosmic Monster, Until/Unity headquarters, outside the Champions Building (near the door), and to each of the zones near the jet/inside the Aegir. A supergroup raid computer would have teleport private raid access to Rampages, Nemcom, Until Space Station (for Mechanon), Cosmics, and Q-Warzone as well as the basic raid computer access. Each supergroup raid computer would access the option to open up a zone. That zone will not show in the regular zone menu, so others will not know if a private raid is going on unless it is mentioned in chat. Raid computers would teleport up to 10 players and supgergroup raid computers will trainsport up to 2 groups of 25 players.

6. Improve the Nemesis System. Expand the Nemesis System by having a character's nemesis appear randomly in instances, alerts, Adventure/Comic Pack content, Rampages and custom alerts. For example, your nemesis and its henchmen/women could appear and attack you while fighting Gravitar (which would put more emphasis on *jailing* your nemesis.) Your nemesis would try to cause you trouble every day, everywhere, so a Nemesis Liason would be at Ren Center, Project Greenskin, Steelhead Fort, Monster Island and Lemuria (inside the Aegir) to give daily nemesis missions from each zone. As you level those Nemesis daily missions would increase in difficulty. If you complete all of the Nemesis Missions from each zone in a day Ironclad will give you a special rare reward, questionite and recognition (Until recog if under level 40, SCR/GCR if level 40). Each daily nemesis mission you complete would give you a device based on your level, resources, nemesis recognition and questionite.

Nemesis Henchmen/women would be just as customizable as the Nemesis itself. Players who make a nemesis on a FreeForm character wouldl have the option to make a fully FreeForm Nemesis and Henchmen/women. Players who have an active Nemesis and access to a Hideout would have special repeatable Nemesis missions available in the raid computer.

7. Utilize the Ravenswood Academy area. New content could be utilized here. For example: Viper and Argent have sent in spies to find out more about Ravenswood Academy. Their spies have informed their respective groups about the size, students, teachers and technology of the school. Both groups have decided to take over the school for themselves and recruit the students and teachers. Heroes must prevent both groups from succeeding! The missions would start on campus, continue inside of the school and end on Monster Island at the Viper Fort/Argent Hunting Grounds/Lodge; even the tutorial room would not be safe! The missions would start at level 15 and max at level 35.

Including a separate tutorial for characters when they reach level 40 would be available. Those interactive tutorials would include Cosmic, Q-Warzone and end game content. These tutorials would show level 40 characters how to participate, survive and receive credit for these types of content. For completing this tutorial the character will receive a Colletor's Gold Foil Special Item Voucher that would be Bound on Pickup; it is meant to reward the player for completing the level 40 tutorial, not to sell it. This tutoral is repeatable and consecutive run throughs would reward questionite boxes.

Uh oh.. I went too far; I better stop here. Thanks for taking a look. :)

spinnytop said:

WOTAN would disagree.
    You would not want to play WOTAN at CoD >_>"
  • xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    There's a few things that come to my mind that could improve this game.

1. Give supergroups something to aim for so they're not just fancy friend lists with extra storage,
    2. Spruce up the party search function so people notice it more and can put descriptive messages of what the party's even doing, and
    Add some liquid powers!
    I can't imagine what you have to go through to make them, but it'd really help the whole "be the hero you want to be" bit, and it doesn't have to be perfect, just... c'mon, could we get something more than just Holy Water? My mind's starting to shut down since I can't settle on a plan...
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • I would like to see existing content that, by enlarge gets ignored, get an option to be run scaled up to higher levels, and then give reward that would entice higher levels to run them (similar to q warzone difficulty and rewards).

I would like to see existing content that, by enlarge gets ignored, get an option to be run scaled up to higher levels, and then give reward that would entice higher levels to run them (similar to q warzone difficulty and rewards).

Yeah you can't replay story missions and a lot of them have unique rewards.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    whoa, when I started this topic I didn't expect it to get to 5 pages!
    get the ideas coming guys/gals! :D
    natesig.jpg

reiwulf said:

whoa, when I started this topic I didn't expect it to get to 5 pages!
    get the ideas coming guys/gals! :D

Probably one of the best topics ever brought up. And you know, everybody got ideas.
    I would change all the cosmics to be more like the cowboy robot event where there's more than one thing for DPS to do during the fight o3o TA too
  • pyromanickellypyromanickelly Posts: 1 Arc User
    Not make unlocked emotes one per character. Especially ones that people have spent real-life money on to unlock. Should be unlocked across the account like a costume piece.
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I would remove energy altogether and balance things by cooldown and activation time adjustments. This pretty much allows you to pick any power for your character without silly restrictions and is a simple enough idea to implement.

There might be concerns about overpowered builds possibly arising, but I cannot think of anything currently existing that would become overpowered by allowing infinite energy. If you can think of something, I'd sincerely like to hear about your ideas. Also, if you do think of something, consider whether it could be balanced by a cooldown or activation time adjustment. There is also the downside of this change that would make energy builders utterly useless, but it is almost completely the case already and players do not seem to be bothered by it.

By the mentioned silly restrictions, I refer to, if it was not already clear, the problems that energy causes in creating builds. Energy forces players to make compromises and give up their original ideas. The fun of making exactly what you want come to life in game is lost despite this game being so much about giving the player the ability to choose in as many things as possible. The change would build upon the game's universally agreed upon strength, customization (but feel free to disagree), and would improve the game in a way that I think players would welcome and find enjoyable.
    Post edited by behemothking#9246 on
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

based on this game's budget . . .

Get the Reserve Bank to type more digits on a computer Screen, done.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • gemini2099gemini2099 Posts: 118 Arc User
    More weapon custom parts please! More swords, axes, sais, etc.
    Gemini - Lvl 4x - Soldier
    Omicron - Lvl 4x - Mind
    Emerald Myst - Lvl 2x - Claws/Fighting Hybrid
    Epsilon - Lvl 2x - Blade
    Asterius - Lvl 1x - Electric/Void Hybrid

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User

I would remove energy altogether and balance things by cooldown and activation time adjustments.

I agree to a point. I would like to have energy costs removed from spammable attacks, or maybe even let normal attacks build a little energy. But it could very well be used to fuel some other things to make fights a bit more tactical and interesting.

I'd improve it by having a staff that actually cares.

#AlternativeFacts
    Yeah right.... you basically just called everyone who disagrees with you liars.... nope, nothing worth discussing here.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

Wow love how you are utter troll and arse yet noone calls you on it Spinny. So yes they likely care to the extent of it is a paycheck beyond that honestly doubt they invest an artists level of caring for a work of art they created. You are what is totally wrong with this blind and oblivious community meaning the members who never see a point of criticism they see it all as easy peasy. Hell people claim people like me are bad for this community I think folks like you are who mislead others.

At least I give people truth be it in a brutally honest way. But wait how is this surprising people on the fringe know this full well a community lobotomy is one thing that I'd change for the game overall it sorely needs it. People often joke zone in MC is like barrens chat honestly it is worse at least that had people often made point in topics instead of same rheotiric you and everyone else shares

Yep, there is a troll. It isn't Spinny at this point either. BTW, making up horseshit is not facts or being brutally honest. In the real world it's called lies.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

I would remove energy altogether and balance things by cooldown and activation time adjustments. This pretty much allows you to pick any power for your character without silly restrictions and is a simple enough idea to implement.

There might be concerns about overpowered builds possibly arising, but I cannot think of anything currently existing that would become overpowered by allowing infinite energy. If you can think of something, I'd sincerely like to hear about your ideas. Also, if you do think of something, consider whether it could be balanced by a cooldown or activation time adjustment. There is also the downside of this change that would make energy builders utterly useless, but it is almost completely the case already and players do not seem to be bothered by it.

By the mentioned silly restrictions, I refer to, if it was not already clear, the problems that energy causes in creating builds. Energy forces players to make compromises and give up their original ideas. The fun of making exactly what you want come to life in game is lost despite this game being so much about giving the player the ability to choose in as many things as possible. The change would build upon the game's universally agreed upon strength, customization (but feel free to disagree), and would improve the game in a way that I think players would welcome and find enjoyable.
    This could also be done by separating energy and energy generation into its own subsection of your abilities. Not sure exactly how I'd want that done, but it make sense because using energy is how you 'super hero' the bad guys in this game.

Having no energy/mana/AP has been done in at least one other game that I know of, Guild Wars 2. Ironically, the professions Warrior and Thief each have a resource that inadvertently puts it back in the game (adrenaline for Warriors, initiative for Thieves). GW2 mainly uses cooldowns; even the two professions (classes) I mentioned have them for some abilities.

With energy being a central mechanism in CO, I don't see it being taken out. It could work, however, if done right==though whether that would be an improvement or not would depend on personal preference. At any rate, an interesting idea.
  • furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User

While I would love a TARDIS--I could be late for work but still get there on time, among other things--I'll just get back to the subject at hand.

While named gear like Heroic is good enough, the gear you get from leveling needs some work. A lot of work. For example, if you start with Endurance primary, you don't even get Endurance gear to start with. Also, there are some missions with primary gear rewards, but these are only useful for a limited number of super stat combinations; the others are rare as rewards. Not only that, random drops are just too...random. (Amazing isn't it?)

While the gear seems to support AT's okay, I have reached level 30 on some freeforms with less than 100 points in all three super stats. That is ridiculous. If Cryptic is going to have gear, the gear should be useful for all builds, not just AT's and similar-statted FF's.

To be frank, I've never liked gear done this way. Gear with sufficient stats should be sold for in-game currency (this should be mainly green-level gear) with mission rewards and random drops going into blue and higher. The green gear should be good enough to get you through leveling, though not optimal.

Since you would need to upgrade fairly often, gear from the store should be affordable. This is especially true of secondary gear, which is sometimes the only way to get a decent Recovery rating when Recovery is not a super stat (when combined with a few talent choices). Some players also might want some Dexterity in there, too.

Would be nice if all the gear that we have now was re-done the way STO has there gear all setup. Seems more fluid there than here. They might as well take some notes on STO.
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
  • furries2furries2 Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2017

I would like to see existing content that, by enlarge gets ignored, get an option to be run scaled up to higher levels, and then give reward that would entice higher levels to run them (similar to q warzone difficulty and rewards).

Yea and STO has repeatable missions. Who says we cannot copycat STO, We do need there ideas over here. Replay missions but at a reduce reward (Or None) than the first time then placed under a cool down or none. Depending how ppl prefer it over here.
    "I'll never look back I've got no regrets Cause time doesn't wait for me I choose to go my own way."
    "Sonic Archie Comics"
    14mrud2.jpg
    Sonic Vs. Scourge

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension! - (Dr. Ivo Robotnik: You took the words right out of my mouth.)
    furries2 said:

Yea and STO has repeatable missions. Who says we cannot copycat STO, We do need there ideas over here. Replay missions but at a reduce reward (Or None) than the first time then placed under a cool down or none. Depending how ppl prefer it over here.
    Well, the main difference in STO is that you get less xp on repeats. Not much other difference.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • edited March 2017

I actually agree with this. Energy seems to create more problems than it solves, as we saw with PA. It was theoretically balanced by its energy costs, but as soon as people found ways around it, it became an issue. It would have been more effective to have just balanced it on its own terms to begin with.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    /Soapbox I think the staff does care -- they do a lot with the very little PWI gives them. And more often than not, they are not rewarded or appreciated for it. CO is a tiny game with a small budget - so the staff does what they can with what they have. Which is actually quite commendable. I am very thankful and appreciatiave for how hard they must work. I imagine it's not much appreciated by their employers (PWI) and many of the players. /Offsoapbox

First thing I'd change is I'd hire more staff-- the game is under-staffed and unfortunately it shows.

The Nemesis System & the Character Creator are this game's unique attributes. So I'd focus on improving those features - and expanding them in a meaningful way. Next, I'd give the game an advertising budget with one of my hires being a kickass promotions person. The art also needs an update and overhaul -- so that would be on my list as well. Plus the mission system (Socratees) needs a serious update -- similar to overhaul that STO gave to it's mission structure a few years ago. That includes updating mission rewards. Mission rewards are woefully out-of-date with the game's current state.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User

First thing I'd change is I'd hire more staff-- the game is under-staffed and unfortunately it shows.

Might want to put the brakes on there. First, where are you going to get the money? Considering how hostile this player base is about supporting their game they don't want to die, but do their level best to not support it, so where exactly are you going to get the money for them to hire more staff for Champions? Developers do not work for free. And so far every thing they've done to try and produce a revenue stream to actually get a bigger budget for the game has resulted in this player base shooting it in the foot because of their self entitlement issues (see account wide costume unlocks, account wide emotes, well account wide anything declarations for proof.) MMOs do not exist in some vacuum and saying they can take money from Neverwinter or STO is not going to fly. The game has to support itself, pretty basic. So what are you going to do to get people playing and paying for Champions to actually get them to hire a bigger staff?
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!