test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

High Noon at Snake Gulch Discussion Thread

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2017 in PTS - The Archive
Please use this thread to discuss changes made to Snake Gulch for this PTS update.

Snake Gulch
New Event: High Noon at Snake Gulch
Strange happenings are going down in Snake Gulch. Belle Steele has some info, she can be found in the rencen event NPC area.

During this event Snake Gulch will become a giant open mission.
Phase 1: Strange Transmissions
Transmitters have popped up all over Snake Gulch, guarded by liberated Cowboy Robots. Shutting down these transmitters will trigger the next phase of the open mission.

Phase 2: Rise of the Machines
Defeat the liberated Mechanon Preacher, keep the transmission towers shut down.
During this phase three towers will become active, heavily guarded by Mecahnon robots. While active these towers will provide heavy bonuses to the liberated Mechanon Preacher boss. Players will have to split up and keep the towers shut down.

As the Mechanon Preacher's health drops, the towers will be reinforced by tougher and more iconic enemies.

Tower Bonuses:
Increased boss damage and resistance.
Heavy resistance, dodge, healing and damage debuff on players.
%Health damage aura.

When a tower is active a red godbeam will emit from it as well as a red pulsing tell from the drones that hover above the liberated preacher. While inactive the beam will be blue and the drones will not pulse.

We are still going over boss attacks, damage output and open mission crediting. Our main point of testing right now is ensuring all of the open mission stages work properly.

Currently the open mission is planned to give out UNTIL Recognition, SCR, some of the drops from the Asciing for Trouble open mission, and a couple unique drops to the event. This is subject to change.

High Noon Changes
  • Increased the amount of damage deadly terrain does.
  • Slightly lowered the amount of health the sub-bosses have.
  • Slightly lowered the amount of health the Black Hats have.
  • Updated the daily mission reward to give a choice between Snake Bucks, Quesitonite or SCR.
  • Set spawns to have a static 60 second respawn instead of adjusting to defeat speed.
  • Added a bigger graphical tell when the damage field on the towers is up.
  • Fixed Liberator not despawning on mission failure.
  • Defending Cowboy robots will be most hostile to players.
  • The tower buffs will gradually build up over 20 seconds.
  • Drones can no longer be targeted.
  • Increased range on the tower buffs.
  • Liberator's main attacks can now be split among 2 people
  • Added Iron Horse vehicle to the debugger.
  • Fixed a hole in the tower geometry.
  • New Ascii Oakley desert loading screen.
  • When hit by multiple lassos from Cowboy robots, it's no longer possible to get flung around like a pingpong ball by each one. There will be a small grace period where you cannot be affected.
  • Fixed a bug where Cowboy Lasso ignored knock resistance.
  • Blocking Cowboy Lasso will now prevent the knock.
  • Added Wires costume to the event store.
  • Added Implants costume to the event store.
  • Added many action figures to the event store.
  • Added Flintlock Pistol weapon skin to the event store.
  • Added Pickaxe weapon skin to the event store.
  • Added perks for defeating liberated cowboy robots, for completing the open mission, for obtaining the event auras and for obtaining the event devices.

Asciing for Trouble Open Mission Revision
  • The open mission Asciing For Trouble is being reviewed and has been changed to use level scaling tech.
  • Ascii Oakley has had a few new powers added to her to flesh out her attack sequences. Her damage, effects and health are still being adjusted.
  • Ascii Oakley will no longer react to hit animations and will cancel out many debuff fx on her so she's visible when numerous players are attacking.
  • Changed all of the mission drop items in the Snake Gulch area to automatically go into your bag to prevent the item ! fx from eating up too many fx draw calls when there are a bunch of people in that area.
  • Added Nanomachine Pheromones, Yodel, Branding Iron and Lasso devices to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Revolver weapon skin to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Military Pose emote to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Whistling and Quicksilver auras to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Added Ascii's Precision mod to the debugger High Noon store.
  • Updated the reward table for this mission to give out more Unity tokens and to give some SCR tokens at high level.
  • Updated the reward table to give out Ascii mods and the newly added emotes and costumes.
  • New Loading Screen art.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

BBCode:
[color="#ff0000"]Bug
Where it happens
What happens[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#ff0000">Bug
Where it happens
What happens</font>

Please format any suggestions you have in the following format:
Suggestion
Your suggestion

BBCode:
[color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion
Your suggestion[/color]

HTML:
<font color="#4a86e8">Suggestion
Your suggestion</font>

​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Changed all of the mission drop items in the Snake Gulch area to automatically go into your bag to prevent the item ! fx from eating up too many fx draw calls when there are a bunch of people in that area.​​

I was about to say that this would be a great QoL for the entire game but...does this affect ALL drops in the area? I ask since Nemesis Clues are still bugged in that anyone can pick them up and automatic pickup might make this better or worse.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would be very happy to test out the new version of the open mission with a small group.
    Any takers? I usually can play on weeknights from 4-7 server time.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Build FC.31.20170112.0058d.10 ======================================​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Has anyone given this a good serious testing yet? If not how about this weekend? This OM sounds really cool now so I'm eager to get in there and poke it.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug?:
    Asciing for Trouble either has to strict a score requirement for the rewards and/or the player with the highest score gets more mods.
    edited February 2017
    BUG: NPCs guarding the towers don't aggro, even if directly attacked. Tested with lvl 40 and lvl 20 toons.

BUG: Mechanon Liberator and his drones do not despawn when the OM is failed. Their aoe makes it difficult to approach one of the nearby transmitters.

BUG: Towers disappear briefly when the OM is failed and reappear when the mission restarts. It's just kinda weird... muh immersion!

BUG: NPCs guarding transmitters have some aggro issues. If I'm further away than ~50 feet from the Transmitter, they wont aggro to me ( literally spamming assault rifle on them right now from this range and they refuse to aggro ). Inside of that range they aggro like they should, but if I move out of that range after that they de-aggro and reset completely. Tested with lvl 40 and lvl 20. Note: Just want to highlight that the aggro range is tied to the Transmitter, rather than the NPCs themselves - I can be in an NPC's face, but if I'm too far from the transmitter they won't aggro.

BUG: Some transmitters do not appear to activate ( i.e. become interactable ) properly:
    Locations:
    329, -156, 704
    -216, -220, 820
    218, -128, 571

BUG: Some transmitters are shy and are not extending their little blinky antenna despite being interactable.
    Locations:
    129, -205, 864
    296, -148, 917
    365, -83, 629
    672, -90, 371

Suggestion: Add a few more transmitter locations and raise the number of transmitters we need to shutdown for phase 1. 10 seems a bit low.

Suggestion: So many cool looking dual pistol animations in this area just begging to be made into dual pistol powers ;-;
    Post edited by spinnytop on
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    OOh.. I can't wait to test this out.

Suggestion: Please consider setting up a test time(s) and date(s) for this event as you have done with Megladon and Eidolon. This will ensure large group testing as intended.
    kyastral said:

Suggestion: Please consider setting up a test time(s) and date(s) for this event as you have done with Megladon and Eidolon. This will ensure large group testing as intended.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1207617/pts-hq-the-channel-for-organizing-pts-testing-events
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Off-topic comment, didn't notice the misc. changes post. My bad.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
    spinnytop said:

kyastral said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1207617/pts-hq-the-channel-for-organizing-pts-testing-events
    Thank you! :)
    edited February 2017
    Suggestions:

Tone down Micro Missile damage, anyone who is not a tank cannot survive it even with healers spamming on them. We tested to see if it can be shared, didn't notice any different when we all piled into it. Had some limited success trying to run away, or use cover. Nvm, figured out that using LOS to avoid death by missile is the thing to do. I like it :D

Add a delay to the buff from the towers so they don't get applied the second the tower becomes active.

Add a wireframe tell to the second part of the Micro Missile attack ( when it's actually dealing damage ) so people know where not to stand. It's a bit frustrating when you rush over to heal someone and accidentally bumble into the invisible death zone.
    edited February 2017
    Suggestions:

DRONES:
    I found that it was confusing for the Mechanon Drones to be mobs, but immune to damage. I thought that after turning off a tower, they would be damageable, but still no. It isn't a big deal, but seems like players new to event will waste time trying to fight or CC them.

Could the Drones be made into objects? Could there be some way to message that they aren't simply mobs with 2200 health?

Could they give the "IMMUNE" feedback in yellow letters when hit?

MISSION FAILURE:
    When you fail the mission, nothing happens at all. The Liberator just stands there until mission reset, and then fades out.
    Add some animation, voiceover, something for when the mission fails.
    Maybe a swarm of cowboy robots fly up into space, led by the liberator

TOWERS
    Make the shutdown timer a bit faster, and definitely add some delay between when a tower goes back and when its drone gets powered back up. This time must be longer than the time it takes to shut down a tower.

Thanks.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited February 2017
    BUG: Map Locations
    The circles marking the towers on the map do not line up with their actual locations.

BUG: Tower Mobs
    Aside from their non-aggro, they stay put after a failed mission. Towers fade out, but mobs remain.

Suggestions:

GROND
    He shows up during the fight, on his regular circuit.
    Maybe . . . this is a bad thing?

Comments:

I really love how this mission is shaping up.

*Travel powers work and actually matter! YAY YAY YAY

*Mechanics have some complexity, but nothing too crazy. It is more than tank-and-spank

*Teamwork is needed, but seems like there will be wiggle room for some mistakes

*Less powerful heroes can work on the towers, still contribute and earn rewards

*Lots of different things to do--the heroes have to split up to win; everyone can't dogpile on the boss

BUG: The towers have a hole that allows you to get inside of them and you can access the control panel while inside. Might be exploitable.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    spinnytop said:

BUG: The towers have a hole that allows you to get inside of them and you can access the control panel while inside. Might be exploitable.

Wow. You're fast. I was just coming to type the same thing.
    The mechanics to this event are easy to grasp; not a large learning curve here. The towers alone will need *mini groups* to keep them shut down; one person will not be able to do it alone (Im sure the devs will activate the standing mobs at some point before going live). Communication will be the number one priority here, as the tower teams will have to communicate if and when they need help to keep the towers disabled.

There are add mobs that spawn/wander near the liberator, so some players will have to concentrate keeping those at bay. There is only a 20 minute timer to defeat the liberator after you take out the transmitters and defeat the gunslingers. 20 minutes is too short, especially when it takes 12 seconds to shut down a tower and the shutdown time is only 30 seconds with no way to sync the tower shutdowns.

This means that at least one drone is always active. Each drone has a specific buff and color; I can only guess that the red one buffs his damage, the blue one buffs his defense (or energy) and the green one buffs his HP, much like the red orbs do for Eidolon. However, since the drones cannot be CC'd it makes it very hard (if not impossible) to defeat the Liberator in time. Even though we had a small test group, we should have been able to damage the Liberator when the towers were down; we barely tickled him.

The liberated robots that spawn near the towers are like the ones from the Dr. Silverback/Microman mission with the burning citizens; these robots are supposed to become upgraded when the Liberator loses significant health. These robots respawn when the towers start their cooldown and there are other robots that may wander/spawn in just for kicks. This means that defending the towers should count towards contribution during the event and is very important; a mass bumrush to attack the Liberator will result in a mass wipe.

Suggestion:
    Please consider decreasing the tower shutdown timer to 5 seconds and increasing the time the towers are shut down from 45 secs to 2 minutes. That would give the Liberator attack team time to do some damage before the tower cooldowns begin. Also, since Grond has taken an interest in the event, perhaps he could help out. (Wishful thinking, I know..) =)

Bug:
    High Noon Snake Gulch: Towers
    The Liberated Robots that spawn at the towers continually say that they have been upgraded when their upgrades don't happen. Since we did not significally damage the Liberator, the robots should not be talking about upgrading. Their version remained at 2.0 the entire time.
    kyastral said:

Also, since Grond has taken an interest in the event, perhaps he could help out. (Wishful thinking, I know..) =)

Grond did take an interest when I was at the south tower.

The problem is that once it goes live, I figure that the players at the towers will be using AoEs themselves while fighting the robots and so risk getting Grond's attention themselves.

Suggestion:

Give players points for shutting down the towers.
    Like how they could get points during the nightmare invasion for shutting down the orbs.

That might already be part of the plan, but can't hurt to mention it.
    kyastral said:

I can only guess that the red one buffs his damage, the blue one buffs his defense (or energy) and the green one buffs his HP, much like the red orbs do for Eidolon. However, since the drones cannot be CC'd it makes it very hard (if not impossible) to defeat the Liberator in time. Even though we had a small test group, we should have been able to damage the Liberator when the towers were down; we barely tickled him.

Blue means a deactivated orb.

One buffs the Liberator, one debuffs heroes, other causes AoE damage in huge radius.

kyastral said:

Even though we had a small test group, we should have been able to damage the Liberator when the towers were down; we barely tickled him.

To be fair we had a teeny tiny test group. The one earlier in the day couldn't stay alive more than ten seconds, so no surprise we didn't manage it then. The later group managed to stay alive but we only had like one or two dps. If we had been able to make progress imagine how fast the fight would end when 50 players descend on this thing xD
  • ordinaryplayer#2642 ordinaryplayer Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Suggestions:
    GROND
    He shows up during the fight, on his regular circuit.
    Maybe . . . this is a bad thing?

Probably a good note, got me thinking about mission overlap creating a death trap.

Using my failing memory to the best, there are two or three missions that utilize the top of that little hill. One from belle for the antenna (just far enough away) and I think the dueling cowboys, and they are on the other hill top. Possibly a third dealing with the special mobs up there, the mechanon preachers. (Found a few wandering). Gunslingers have a mission too, and are a bit of a pain to find to get the rare quest drop. The few that are not accessible now could be relocated..

Only other spot I saw was tower by the spawn point. Prime sheriff deputy and ranch hand territory. May need to populate more of these spawns up one level on the hill and adjust the circlet so there's no 20 minute death tap. Location is nice and bad at the same time so close to the spawn

Seems mildly safe but could use a look at if anyone is running through snake gulch soon.
    edited February 2017
    spinnytop said:

kyastral said:

Even though we had a small test group, we should have been able to damage the Liberator when the towers were down; we barely tickled him.

To be fair we had a teeny tiny test group. The one earlier in the day couldn't stay alive more than ten seconds, so no surprise we didn't manage it then. The later group managed to stay alive but we only had like one or two dps. If we had been able to make progress imagine how fast the fight would end when 50 players descend on this thing xD
    50 players, perhaps; as long as most of those 50 players can survive and follow direction. I dont think the fight would have went that fast with more people considering the timing of the towers. However, we do need a larger group for the next test to see how far we can get with the Liberator as he is and how many times the robots at the towers actually upgrade themselves, if at all. :)
    edited February 2017

kyastral said:

Also, since Grond has taken an interest in the event, perhaps he could help out. (Wishful thinking, I know..) =)

Grond did take an interest when I was at the south tower.

The problem is that once it goes live, I figure that the players at the towers will be using AoEs themselves while fighting the robots and so risk getting Grond's attention themselves.

Suggestion:

Give players points for shutting down the towers.
    Like how they could get points during the nightmare invasion for shutting down the orbs.

That might already be part of the plan, but can't hurt to mention it.
    True. Perhaps those robots could just go and draw Grond's attention away from the towers; they're are supposed to be defending the towers from ANY threat. :)
  • xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    is this being tested with lvl 20s or fully outfitted 40s?
    xacchaeus said:

Outfitted 40s as far as I could see.
    Skull level, though, so not sure how much that really matters as long as the players know what they are doing.

I am concerned about the long-term attention that this mission will get though.

It seems that it's going to require cosmic-like numbers but I am not sure that the rewards will attract those numbers over a long period of time.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    They keep saying "event", so maybe it won't be there a long period of time anyway. Less availability does give things a participation boost, sometimes.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    xacchaeus said:

I've tested parts of it with a lvl 20 toon.
    This is going to be an event, running 1~2 weeks and going into the event rotation. When the event isn't running the regular Asciing for Trouble open mission will be active.​​
    kaizerin said:

This is going to be an event, running 1~2 weeks and going into the event rotation. When the event isn't running the regular Asciing for Trouble open mission will be active.​​

Ah, good.

I was wondering if this meant that ASCIIng for trouble would be gone, and, as mentioned earlier making it an event should push interest up.

Makes sense. Went to MC on test and saw Belle Star standing around with her store containing all of the usual event-type offerings, I just never put two and two together for whatever reason. :confused:

Thanks.
    edited February 2017
    I eagerly await the next update of this event mission. People are going to love the robot/western theme. It's a nice change from the magic/giant monster/Qliphothic content (which I like, myself).

Really good stuff, and it will be nice testing in a larger group.

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Aside from Giant Punch, the Mechanon Liberator's attacks deal Particle damage.
    Now might be a good time to retire the Destroid Surge Protector device.

Sniper Rifle can outrange the Deadly Terrain effect from the Mechanon Drone, if you're sniping the Liberator from the opposite side of the drone.
    Extend the drone range.

The Mechanon Liberator responds poorly to ranged combat. The AI leads with Micro Missiles II, then looks to use the cone hold attack. If it cannot use the cone hold (which has limited range), the Liberator does not cycle through its other attacks and instead idles until its next Micro Missiles II volley.
    Adjust the attack cycle, or extend the cone hold to 120 feet.

The windup for Giant Punch is fast; noticeably faster than Qwyjibo's punch or Teleiosaurus's bite. For how much damage it can deal (especially with the buff/debuff drones active), it is difficult to block on reflex. There is also very little delay between consecutive punches.
    Slow the activation of Giant Punch to give tanks an opportunity to block it, and decrease the frequency to allow more attack time between hits.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

kaizerin said:

Ah, good.

I was wondering if this meant that ASCIIng for trouble would be gone, and, as mentioned earlier making it an event should push interest up.

Makes sense. Went to MC on test and saw Belle Star standing around with her store containing all of the usual event-type offerings, I just never put two and two together for whatever reason. :confused:

Thanks.
    I'm eager to see how well a non-MC event does. I hope well, to give others the idea that there's more to this game than standing around in Ren Cen (not that I'm not guilty of such a thing myself).

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User

The windup for Giant Punch is fast; noticeably faster than Qwyjibo's punch or Teleiosaurus's bite. For how much damage it can deal (especially with the buff/debuff drones active), it is difficult to block on reflex. There is also very little delay between consecutive punches.
    Slow the activation of Giant Punch to give tanks an opportunity to block it, and decrease the frequency to allow more attack time between hits.

I agree with this. With the drones active, the punch does enough damage to one shot me if I'm not blocking. It would be nice if it at least had some kind of tell so that tanks had time to block.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
    Build FC.31.20170112.0058d.16 ======================================​​
    Wowzers! I read your patch notes and am happy you are working in so many suggestions.

I hope I can be there for the next testing. Tomorrow, I think.

edited February 2017
    BUG: Drones can still be targeted.

BUG: NPCs guarding Transmitters still have their short aggro range which prevents them from responding to long range threats.

BUG: NPCs guarding towers have the same issue dealing with long range threats. Players at 100 range can dps the NPCs with impunity.
    scratch that, they found the courage to pewpew me after all
    edited February 2017
    Suggestions:

TOWER MINIBOSSES

The tower minibosses are a cool and interesting addition to the event. Maybe have some tweaks:

Have the upgraded supervillians show up during phase 3 (after getting through one health bar of Liberator). I don't remember all their names, but it includes ones like the Black Hats.

The upgraded legendaries, like ASCII Oakley, should still appear in the final phase, but gosh do they do too much damage. Foxi suggested maybe adding more holds/knocks, and I would add things like energy drain perhaps, and then dramatically lower the damage they deal. I would say that their powerful attacks need to do 50% less damage. Otherwise, each tower might require a dedicated healer, which would make forming a workable teamup too hard.

Keep the high health, high defenses, but lower the damage.

Are there going to be rewards for defeating the legendary minibosses: Desert Snake, ACSII Oakley, ProspectorA? Would they be added to the whole teamup rewards? Will they instead have drops for the folks that defeat them?

LIBERATOR

Generally like the mechanics for the Liberator. Damage for the stomp/smash/punch attack seems too high for an event-level boss. Lots of folks are going to show up, largely not optimized level 40 heroes. Again, keep the high health and defenses, but maybe tone the damage on this one attack a bit (maybe 10% less).

Keep up the good work.

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Would like to see things change up when the minibosses spawn, to make people go out and defeat them. Maybe change the towers to yellow while they are up, and changing their effect to giving the mainboss a big resistance buff.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

Aside from Giant Punch, the Mechanon Liberator's attacks deal Particle damage.
    Now might be a good time to retire the Destroid Surge Protector device.

Gahhh... the Destroid Surge Protector is my secret defense for my squishy toons against the Cybermind globes in the Raid Array event!

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017

Gahhh... the Destroid Surge Protector is my secret defense for my squishy toons against the Cybermind globes in the Raid Array event!

As the edits to the fight progress, I no longer think my concern about the device will be a big deal. Now that the towers will need attention from multiple heroes, I don't foresee groups dogpiling the Liberator and bringing it down within the device's time limit. And the Liberator's ranged cycle seems more fluid now, so a ranged tank will still be under significant particle pressure even with the device running.

A minor revision to the Destroid Surge Protector could help prevent it from causing balance issues during events or endgame content that feature its resisted damage types. Maybe disable its functionality in Open Missions, similar to how the QWZ +resist devices work.
    edited February 2017
    Suggestions:

TOWERS
    The tower DoT mechanic needs work--players won't know where it is coming from ("invisible entity"), how to counter it--it will just seem like a random ding that keeps you from deactivating towers. In addition, it will make rezzing near towers impossible if there are mobs around. That will also be incredibly frustrating.

Please change this mechanic. The masses of mobs are already a significant barrier, and if a tower team distracts or CCs a bunch, let them deactivate the tower, instead of punishing them for not just defeating waves and waves of robots. There should be more than one way to do this. Maybe there would be a way to indicate to players how to deal with this?

As noted in the playtest, the mobs respawn too fast, such as to make it very unsatisfying to try to blast them as a strategy.

Our playtest tower teams included groups of 3-4 level 40 toons used to Q Warzone and such. A server event will attract a wide range of players and heroes, with a much lower median power level and play skill. The event will currently steamroll them.

We encounterd *Desert Serpent* who showed up at one of the towers. He flew around a lot which made him hard to target. He was able to take out players who used vehicles, so I'm not sure how to deal with those named bosses atm. At this stage it seems very hard to try to rez someone and it is risky to try to rez yourself if the towers are eminating the DoT and there are swarms of cowboy robots around. As a ranged DPS I found it easier to stay in long range of the mobs (100-120 feet) and take out the ones that were harrassing the healers/CC'ers as much as possible along with the named cowboy robots (Gunslinger, Singing Cowboy and Black Hat). When I kept at that range I was less likely to be pulled in by the spammed lassos.

The mobs can be CC'ed, however, it wont be easy to do. They have to be CC'ed long enough for someone to disarm the tower and enough mobs must be left so the towers dont start dinging players with the DoT.

Suggestion: Please consider having the entire tower glow a certain color when the DoT is active; that way players can see more easily when it is actively using that DoT.

Suggestions:

TOWERS
    The tower DoT mechanic needs work--players won't know where it is coming from ("invisible entity"), how to counter it--it will just seem like a random ding that keeps you from deactivating towers. In addition, it will make rezzing near towers impossible if there are mobs around. That will also be incredibly frustrating.

Please change this mechanic. The masses of mobs are already a significant barrier, and if a tower team distracts or CCs a bunch, let them deactivate the tower, instead of punishing them for not just defeating waves and waves of robots. There should be more than one way to do this. Maybe there would be a way to indicate to players how to deal with this?

As noted in the playtest, the mobs respawn too fast, such as to make it very unsatisfying to try to blast them as a strategy.

Our playtest tower teams included groups of 3-4 level 40 toons used to Q Warzone and such. A server event will attract a wide range of players and heroes, with a much lower median power level and play skill. The event will currently steamroll them.

I agree that some players will be discouraged from participating in this event due to the challenge level; not being able to *pew pew* your way through an event will sidetrack and turn some people off. Even with the upcoming tweaks to the event some players will be upset of how challenging it is. However, events such as this one are supposed to be challenging and every player has the choice of whether or not to play it. I hope that the devs work in all of the zones long enough to add and/or revamp the missions and events each one offers; I'll take that over no new content anyday. :)
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    With the current setup, I hope this event lasts more than a week for those with no PTS experience to learn and adjust appropriately.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Suggestion
    After 1 Bar, Liberated Preacher should ocasionally target 1 or multiple towers with an AoE (suggesting Orbital Cannon for muh immersion reasons). This AoE will have a range of 50feet centered around the tower, and after 5 seconds or so, will One Shot anyone inside it (like Gravitar Yellow). Thus, everyone close to the towers need to retreat for a bit.

This suggestion would be to counter the 60 second respawn that will be implemented on mobs, since 2 dedicated PBAoErs/Vehicles can clear them pretty fast.
    lezard21 said:

This suggestion would be to counter the 60 second respawn that will be implemented on mobs, since 2 dedicated PBAoErs/Vehicles can clear them pretty fast.

It's true that mobs could be cleared fast initially, but once the Legendaries show up, vehicles won't have such an easy time.
    ASCII Okaley rips them to shreds.

lezard21 said:

It's true that mobs could be cleared fast initially, but once the Legendaries show up, vehicles won't have such an easy time.
    ASCII Okaley rips them to shreds.
    True, so does Desert Serpent; the Legendaries seem to be programmed to take out vehicles first. So, with that in mind, I think a tank/offtank will need to distract the Legendary while the rest of the tower team deals with the mobs and disabling the tower. The Legendaries are tough, so it wont be easy to get rid of them. Also, I wonder what will happen if Grond shows up on his usual desert tour.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    You should also bear in mind that, unlike the current tests we've had so far, when this event goes live we will have 50 people in zone. And unlike Nightmare Invasion or Bloodmoon, this will be 50 people concentrated in one single point. Unless there's some serious scaling going on, the mobs will go down very fast, like it happened with Tako during the last Bloodmoon where you could even ignore mechanics.
This discussion has been closed.