test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lovecraftian Horror Costume Set

I will personally love to see something like Lovecraft style Eldritch Horrors in a costume set. I know there is a lot of 'monster' stuff, but very few of the things really fit a 'lovecraft' vibe. I think it will be nice to see some of those sort of stuff.

Comments

• gradii said:

Something like this?

Something similar. Although with more than just Cthulu-like pieces.

Chest/stomach mouths, eyes all over, tentacles, stuff like this with like a peeled back face;

Them sort of really twisted scary stuffs

Good reference for costume material is the H.P Lovecraft adaptation movie from 1993 called "Necronomicon book of the dead" of which a lot of pictures here is from

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Peeled back face made me throw up in my mouth a little
  • Peeled back face made me throw up in my mouth a little

Then it is serving its purpose! Lovecraftian horrors are not meant to be pleasant. :D

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Hellraiser has some disturbing imagery as well.

One was twisting those twins head together with a pipe...or that statue that sucked that woman's skin off....cringe!!
  • Hellraiser has some disturbing imagery as well.

One was twisting those twins head together with a pipe...or that statue that sucked that woman's skin off....cringe!!

That is decently inspired by Lovecraft, yes. Some costume pieces inspired by them movies would also be good in a 'Lovecraftian Pack'
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Have you tried this comic?........

photo Weird02.jpg

It's utterly brilliant.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Have you tried this comic?........

photo Weird02.jpg

It's utterly brilliant.
    Never saw that comic, no. I will have to check it out. Thank you.

Still I think this is good idea for costume set.

• nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    A bubbling ropy tentacle Yog-Sothoth time machine vehicle would be just what someone From Beyond would need to get around town for those essential pineal gland stimulating machine parts. I think you can make most horrible Lovecraftian things with worms, fish faces(we have one don't we?), insects from space, tentacle/root face things, and other freaks in one of the monster head sets. I've had a Lovecraft character modeled after Howard in my roster for a half dozen years, he's a ghost. I've seen a few other more corporeal Howards and plenty of Cthulhu's in the game.

Individual sliders for left and right eyes/ears, and maybe peeling back lips or imploding the nose might make the more inbred New England /Toxic New Jersey type characters, that fall in line with Lovecraftian elements. Maybe the face details/beard could be a variety of mangled and menacing maws on otherwise generic faces.

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    Some new Lovecraftian pieces would be great for my Flesh Collector costume

• dialamx said:

Ooh that is really cool looking costume! great job!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

dialamx said:

Ooh that is really cool looking costume! great job!
    Zoidberg in zombie Apocalypse!

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    Tentacle arms, please.