test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

change CO music?

some other games have ways to change the music for different zones and overlapping them with ones we choose.
Is there a way to do such a thing for this game? to be honest this is one of the few games that I hate the music in it. I know i can just mute it and put a youtuve video on the background, but still I'd like to hear if there's a better way to do it.
natesig.jpg

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Posts: 442 Arc User
    yeah, but besides that's not what I want. I want to know if there's a way to make the game automatically play the songs I want in certain areas/moments. and not have to do ot manually. "Oh I got to monster island. I want to play this song now... oh wait a boss battle, I gotta change the music again" see? XD
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

yeah, but besides that's not what I want. I want to know if there's a way to make the game automatically play the songs I want in certain areas/moments. and not have to do ot manually. "Oh I got to monster island. I want to play this song now... oh wait a boss battle, I gotta change the music again" see? XD

No, there isn't.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    That's funny. Out of all the MMOs I've played, Champions is the only one I actually like the music in. Most MMO music is like, slow and boring and very "background". Kinda like fantasy elevator music. :P

Except for the Troll music in WoW, that stuff was fun. Lot of tribal drummy stuff.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    I play with all sound off and play the radio.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thanks for the replies! and yeah I guess I'll have to keep doing what I do, muting the game and selecting the music I want manualy...
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    I find the music to be truly and utterly pitiful. I tend to play with it turned down.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I've generally found all video game music painful. I've always shut it off, even when I've given it a chance for a little while.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    I love videogame usic usually, this is the only game that I feel like doing such a thing. the music is really not my taste... and seems pretty uninspired.
    natesig.jpg

• Options

I've generally found all video game music painful. I've always shut it off, even when I've given it a chance for a little while.

You must be real fun to play Rock Band with.

:D
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User

That's playing on Very Hard Mode!​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User

Ha! Not that I ever had the slightest desire to. :D

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I like the music that comes on after you have been at the character select screen for like 10mins...gets intense
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Just switchin' on i-Tunes and keep on playing.
    Works fine for me.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options

Ha! Not that I ever had the slightest desire to. :D

Aww but it's a fun game!
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I kinda like the music myself. Especially the one occasionally playing in Canada when you enter the Rime Woods.

Have you ever noticed this music was actually taken from the OST for Stuart Gordon's "From Beyond" ? For those who would not be familiar with this 80's horror movie, it was inspired by HP Lovecraft's eponymous novella, where a scientist designs a device that stimulates the pineal gland of human beings, thus allowing them to awaken a long-forgotten "sixth sense" of sorts, and making them capable of perceiving the existence of an horrifying alien dimension overlapping ours.

It all makes sense when you read the description of Rime Woods from the wiki :
    "This area houses several labs known as "The Clutch," where VIPER scientists perform experiments as part of their Project Awakening, a program devoted to unleashing the human brain's psionic potential. VIPER hopes the program, once complete, will lead to the creation of an army of psychic super-soldiers." (source http://championsonline.wikia.com/wiki/Canada_History:_Rime_Woods )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the creepy music in CO isn't too bad. I mainly have issues with the overly generic action music, like the one in millenium city or the desert. or in most dungeons...
    natesig.jpg

• Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    reiwulf said:

the creepy music in CO isn't too bad. I mainly have issues with the overly generic action music, like the one in millenium city or the desert. or in most dungeons...

Theres no music in CO thats good. Do you know they actually used music from a Mexican Soap in Resistance. No BS ask Brou for the links to Youtube :D

I love CO I play a good few times a week but the music in this game is the worst I've ever heard in an MMO. I can not express hard enough how much I hate the music in CO.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    nevyn34nevyn34 Posts: 104 Arc User
    I barely notice the music. Maybe cause it only plays for a few minutes every hour or so.
    Current Roster:

Frostbiter (Freeform Ice DPS)
    Battle Hazard (Unleashed AT)
    Glacial Tyrant (Glacier AT)
    Silver Mantra ( Freeform Single Blade DPS)
    Magnetros (Freeform Heavy Weapons/Lightning Hybrid)