test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lockbox Suggestions for upcoming Power Rangers Movie

yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Suggestions Box
Hey guys. So I've noticed that we tend to get costumes and stuff in CO that lines up with movie releases. Mystic maelstrom for Dr. Strange. Predator stuff when X-Men Apocalypse was coming out. And other things in the past. So devs, I'm begging you to PLEAASSEEE release some content that coincides with the upcoming Power Rangers movie.

Possible lockbox items:

Super Magnifier Aura (If at all possible)
Animal- or Dino-themed Hover Tanks
Space Witch Staff Weapon Skin
"Super Senshi" Costume Set(Various Tight patterns, a couple Helmets, Emblems. Belt Buckle accessories.)
Helmet Accessories (Animal/Vehicle/etc. themed top and side accessories for helmets. More Eye Accessories like Psionic Dragon's visor, but in different shapes.)
Re-Skin for Mechanical Monstrosity Ultimate that summons a large multicolored robot. Or other animal shapes.
Robotic Permanent Sidekick named "Beta 7" (Instead of Alpha 5, nudge nudge)
Electric Arc/Lightning Flash TP devices
Laser Sword+Gadgeteer Blaster AT (The Taskforce?)
*EDIT*
Action Pose Emote Pack(Z-Store?) and Cosmetic Background Explosion Device-Suggested by erstark
And various other Power Ranger/Sentai themed goodies would be great.

Since a size-change aura is presumably out of the question, why not a mecha type vehicle? Even if it was about the size of the couple over-sized becomes that could be nice. - Suggested by JaxtonDragoon
@Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
Post edited by yinjeigh on

Comments

• Options
    erstarkerstark Posts: 14 Arc User
    Power Rangers Lockbox?

you need a Fancy Explosion device that generate a cosmetic explosion (no damage, just there for show)
    also, 5 different action poses emotes to pose with a team of friends
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    erstark said:

you need a Fancy Explosion device that generate a cosmetic explosion (no damage, just there for show) also, 5 different action poses emotes to pose with a team of friends

Sounds like good opportunity for Idle Emote Pack.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    and you have to talk with your arms.
  • Options
    Yes to all of the above.
  • Options

and you have to talk with your arms.

Munitions revamp confirmed
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    The new laser sword form is a clear reference to super sentai.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

The new laser sword form is a clear reference to super sentai.

I agree. I've been testing it, and hitting my NPG after it activates for a background explosion.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    I want team pose emotes too. If we do this, we're goin' balls-deep with it.
  • Options

I want team pose emotes too. If we do this, we're goin' balls-deep with it.

Gotta go all the way man. Power Rangers never did anything halfway. Except the acting, but it's ok cause 'splosions.
  • Options
    Plz make a lazorbeam cannon. Because power rangers are sci fi, and lazorbeams too
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Plz make a lazorbeam cannon. Because power rangers are sci fi, and lazorbeams too

Particle damage version of Rocket?
  • Options
    Though about another possibility. Added to original post!
  • Options
    gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    *Slams fist on Powerhouse Gear* You had me at Super Magnifier Aura!
  • Options

Expect to see me on Adam as a giant megazord at Kiga if this happens. XD
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User

IT
    WILL
    NEVER
    HAPPEN

because it would mess with the characters' hitbox​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

IT

WILL

NEVER

HAPPEN

because it would mess with the characters' hitbox​​

I use the Teamup dropdown menu for healing/clicking in cosmics, cause I can never click someone's hitbox anyway. Too many clustered up, plus the massive Cosmic box. I don't think it would make that much of a difference, but correct me if I'm wrong please!
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    DEVs said it in the past
    There will be no Size-Manipulation auras

the sudden change of character size from a player will mess up the player Hitbox, screws up the targeting system and cause framerate issues

there is a reason why Super Magnifier was limited for off-combat only and the exploit to use and stack multiple of them in combat was fixed
    we had incident of players using this exploit in the past during Gravitar Rampages, the result was Frame rate drop, lag, the player archieving GIANTING results to the point that their character's model dissapeared from the map

Enrage (Giant Growth) and Miniaturization Drive (Reciprocating Gizmo) were also limited in combat​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    avianos said:

DEVs said it in the past

the sudden change of character size from a player will mess up the player Hitbox, screws up the targeting system and cause framerate issues

there is a reason why Super Magnifier was limited for off-combat only and the exploit to use and stack multiple of them in combat was fixed

we had incident of players using this exploit in the past during Gravitar Rampages, the result was Frame rate drop, lag, the player archieving GIANTING results to the point that their character's model dissapeared from the map

Enrage (Giant Growth) and Miniaturization Drive (Reciprocating Gizmo) were also limited in combat​​

Agh that sucks. Well, thanks for the info Avianos. Would be super cool if it could be implemented without all those issues though. Heck, I get frame rate drop and lag from Endbringer's Grasp but it's still a cool power fx wise.
    Does stacking Reciprocating Gizmo cause framerate drop?
  • Options
    a1fighter said:

a1fighter said:

Been trying to convince them to add more mechanical companions with the arrival of the spider.

Would love to see the cosmic bosses faces when they have to pick on someone their own size for a change.

Champions Unite....bombard them with ya zords!!!

YEEEESSSSS
  • Options
    Update: Added Belt Buckle options to top post.
  • Options
    jaxtondragoonjaxtondragoon Posts: 66 Arc User
    Since a size-change aura is presumably out of the question, why not a mecha type vehicle? Even if it was about the size of the couple over-sized becomes that could be nice.
  • Options

Since a size-change aura is presumably out of the question, why not a mecha type vehicle? Even if it was about the size of the couple over-sized becomes that could be nice.

I dig this idea. Gonna add to the OP!
  • Options
    Should've done this thread a year ago. Development for this level of stuff takes months. Not enough time to come out by the time the movie gets here.
  • Options
    alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    i second this also :)
  • Options
    Imagine an auxiliary skill that animates the process of changing from one costume to another...
  • Options

Imagine an auxiliary skill that animates the process of changing from one costume to another...

I do that currently with Keybinding, but a skill/device to streamline that would be so cool.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    avianos said:

DEVs said it in the past

O.-.o, Not the Hitbox but the drawscale of the Character like Super Mag does it(Changes the size, not the collision), only one per character, can't they work with that? I don't particularly care if they have to disable Growth effect from Enrage and Mini-drive if you use a growth Aura to work, just do something. -.=.-
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    rtma said:

O.-.o, Not the Hitbox but the drawscale of the Character like Super Mag does it(

The problem is the Hitbox, not the collision mate. Super Mag increases the Hitbox.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @themightyzenith Oh you mean the clickable part along side the visual size? right, still, maybe a 8 stacks Enrage Growth size equivalent instead? more manageable.
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Growth is still an obnoxious idea

I don't take it lighthearted when someone fills 2/3 of my Monitor, and lag my game with their multistacked Auras on top of that :angry:​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    rtma said:

@themightyzenith Oh you mean the clickable part along side the visual size?

That's the one mate.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    avianos said:

I don't take it lighthearted when someone fills 2/3 of my Monitor, and lag my game with their multistacked Auras on top of that :angry:​​

Fair enough concern there. Well, maybe we'll luck out and get some Dinoot or Large Mecha vehicles, to fill the void.
  • Options
    xel#8768 xel Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Hehehehe...

I'm already imagining a thing myself now. One person using a chargeable or maintained cannon power, and their allies (perhaps a total team of 5 altogether) using buffs or maintained boosts directed towards the cannon user.

The power of all five focused into one awesome blast.

Heck we just need some team-up attacks (alongside all these other ideas as well of course). That'd be great on its own.
    "Xel" no longer exists...
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Costume part suggestion: Tooth-gap. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    They probably won't make any really big vehicles because they scale with your size and again here is Growth causing some concern. My giants' vehicles are HUGE already. :D
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    We already have a Power Rangers themed super group.... one member even made a character to look like a megazord...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

We already have a Power Rangers themed super group.... one member even made a character to look like a megazord...

I want to join this SG!

...do you by any chance have an Orange Ranger? =3
  • Options
    Be "we" I meant "Champions Online". I'm not part of the group. I noticed them because they amuse me.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
  • Options
    For what it's worth the members whose names I can remember had either "danger ranger" or "primeforce ranger" in their names.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

For what it's worth the members whose names I can remember had either "danger ranger" or "primeforce ranger" in their names.

I'm actually the leader of that SG, we're called Rangers Unlimited!
  • Options

*shrug* They can see my post too. Hopefully they do.

Message me in-game @Jeighsun! Our SG is called Rangers Unlimited.
  • Options

My suggestion is quit bandwagoning on other peoples IPS that are successful. Why do you need a Power Rangers lockbox make the lockboxes themed to the lore of this games setting.

Mecha and tights are obviously already a part of the Champions lore. I would just like to see something a bit more specific to my tastes since they're already taking inspiration from other IPs anyway.
  • Options
    yinjeigh said:

I'm actually the leader of that SG, we're called Rangers Unlimited!
    Oh cool. Nice to meet you. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    avianos said:

Well, Compared to Super Mag, 8 stacks of Enrage Growth size is only like about 12ft for Largest built while Super Mag is more like 20-30ft, I still would like some Growth Aura, Especially for those that don't have Enrage. :dissapointed:

Something like this
    Post edited by rtma on

• Options
    I would rather see 5 new vehicles merge to form a Not-Megazord before growing in any more capacity than we already have. Not opposed to it, I'd just rather see Not-Megazords first.