test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20170112.0058b.1 - Patch Notes

Comments

• Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Dear god, I hope the emotes are gonna be a free thing/gold only, not stuck in a lockbox.
    Psi.
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Must depend on screen resolution, I had no problems doing it.

I can't see it on a 15" laptop set to 1360*768, so this is hardly going to be an unusual problem...
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

I can't see it on a 15" laptop set to 1360*768, so this is hardly going to be an unusual problem...

Yeah, I'm using a desktop at 1920x1080. It does sound like a scrollbar would be a good idea.
  • Options
    blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User

I have a 17" laptop and I can barely see the freeform button. I took a screenie: imgur.com/yQsEyMS I hope the link worked. I didn't do it right the last time I did this. lol.

After thinking more on the character bound emotes, I agree it is not as big of a deal if the drops from the lockbox are relatively common. However, it becomes highly inconvenient if you have a ton of alts, and you want all of them to have a certain emote. I just don't get the point of it, especially in an alt-heavy game like CO. Why even bother with character bound emotes? Anywho... let's just see how all of this plays out. The devs will do what the devs will do, or rather their marketing peeps.

I'm still super stoked for whatever new changes are coming to Snake Gulch. :P

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

It'll be hilarious if the emotes are CB but purchased with rep tokens.

In what way would it be hilarious?
    It's just the mental image I get when imagining the whining that would come if people had to spend a few hundred rep tokens. But I don't want to grind UNTIL rep tokens on alt#23!
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

It'll be hilarious if the emotes are CB but purchased with rep tokens.

In what way would it be hilarious?
    It's just the mental image I get when imagining the whining that would come if people had to spend a few hundred rep tokens. But I don't want to grind UNTIL rep tokens on alt#23!
    More than likely that emote would simply not exist for some folks. They would go about their lives and let it rot.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    darqaura2 said:

More than likely that emote would simply not exist for some folks. They would go about their lives and let it rot.

Sounds about right.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    And that would be fine. "Let it rot" is a bit melodramatic, lol
    cryneting said:

Dear god, I hope the emotes are gonna be a free thing/gold only, not stuck in a lockbox.

They're in the list on the new lockbox. You'll be buying them off the exchange for 50g like a month after this releases and then nobody will care anymore.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

You'll be buying them off the exchange for 50g like a month after this releases and then nobody will care anymore.

I think this is the most likely result. They will likely become a Collector's foil item down the road. Too bad they didn't have enough to make another emote pack to sell in the C-Store.

I think character-bound emotes will be a flop, but I am ready to be proven wrong. The devs will see the results, and adjust accordingly.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    I hope that the emotes will be character bound items available in lockboxes so that I can buy them from the auction house for the characters that need them
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    spinnytop said:

They're in the list on the new lockbox. You'll be buying them off the exchange for 50g like a month after this releases and then nobody will care anymore.

Hm. 50g. 20+ characters who could use it, plus who knows how many characters I might make in the future. Nope, definitely not paying over 1000g for one emote.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'd be willing to purchase one time buy Emote packs and not this lockbox trash. For a game that was supposed to encourage alts, you guys sure make a lot of decisions that drive your majority market away.

Focus should be on selling subscriptions and character slot purchases. Not nickel and dime $15 at a time for each character you want to get the bare minimum of cosmetics.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    morigosa said:

Hm. 50g. 20+ characters who could use it, plus who knows how many characters I might make in the future. Nope, definitely not paying over 1000g for one emote.

Listen, I don't have a future ball, 50g was just an estimate so don't go planning your financial future with it. Could be more, could be less.

Also nobody will be losing any sleep if you don't get the emotes so it's fine, don't worry your head over it.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    50G is an underestimation considering Voucher prices. They'll be paying other players around 2kG minimum if they want it for all the current characters they have.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    good thing, we have the lockboxes dropping the Mods.
    When mods first came out and were only available from bursts and Nodes, the discussed prices was 50g per RANK.
    lucky the lockboxes have flooded the market.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    50G is an underestimation considering Voucher prices. They'll be paying other players around 2kG minimum if they want it for all the current characters they have.

and considering Purple and Gold foil vouncher can be really rare and expensive

worst case scenario: the emotes are put on the Gold ITEM Foil Vouncher
    Those foils are rare and cost 2000+ Gs

HMMMM, paying 2000 Gs for a single character unlock emote...

P.S Boy Im glad I bought the 2 Aurumn Gear pieces before they were moved to gold foil vendor​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I think they'll be purple rarity rewards so they aren't so special. As far as I've seen only two or three emotes are in the PTS Store, nothing to worry about.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • Options
    Raptor Rush Open missionon Live
    level 39 dinos.
    20 waves- 10minutes. (thats how long you wait for the waves to turn up)
    60 dinos to kill.
    waves start out at 1 and inrcease slowly, last couple are 5.

just did it on a 36, rewards 2 until and a peice of green gear.​​

• Options
    kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    Hmm.. so the Booster Box ll device changes are not specifically mentioned in the patch notes. Having a 1 and 2 tier drops for crafting skill up and xp boost is a bit odd.

Tier 1 Crafting Skill Up grants a +1 crafting skill (green) and Tier 2 Skill Up grants a +10 crafting skill (blue). I'm not sure of the direction you are trying to go here; are you trying to make it harder to level up in crafting skill when it is already tedious to do so? Many people do not want to search a zone for their crafting skill items simply because it is boring and not very rewarding.

Tier 1 XP Boost grants a 20% xp boost to yourself (green) and Tier 2 XP Boost Plus grants a 20% xp boost to you and your teammates (blue); both last for one hour. So.. I guess the green one would be more desirable because you can use it when soloing? I dont understand. If the Tier 2 XP Boost Plus also granted a significant group end replenishment or a significant group shield, then I would understand adding a lower Tier version.

I like the new tooltips on the lockbox cases; it really makes it clear what you could get and helps to better decide if you want to keep it or not. However, I have noticed that the Legion and Mercenary boxes are labeled as primary; will there be secondary pieces for that gear come in the future?
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    kyastral wrote: »
    Tier 1 Crafting Skill Up grants a +1 crafting skill (green) and Tier 2 Skill Up grants a +10 crafting skill (blue). I'm not sure of the direction you are trying to go here; are you trying to make it harder to level up in crafting skill when it is already tedious to do so? Many people do not want to search a zone for their crafting skill items simply because it is boring and not very rewarding.

And occasionally nauseating: got carsick last night in Desert trying to get to Science 101 on a speed 7 grav bike. :) To be honest, I haven't gotten a single one of my post On Alert characters to 200+ skill, while my original characters all hit 250+ under the old system.​​
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    kyastral said:

Hmm.. so the Booster Box ll device changes are not specifically mentioned in the patch notes. Having a 1 and 2 tier drops for crafting skill up and xp boost is a bit odd.

Because mod fusion skill doesn't suck to level up enough. No one wants garbage in their lockbox. +1 to mod fusion is garbage. Making it less awful to rank up mod fusion skill would be better. And not by coercing people into lockboxes leveling.
    Tier 1 XP Boost grants a 20% xp boost to yourself (green) and Tier 2 XP Boost Plus grants a 20% xp boost to you and your teammates (blue); both last for one hour. So.. I guess the green one would be more desirable because you can use it when soloing? I dont understand. If the Tier 2 XP Boost Plus also granted a significant group end replenishment or a significant group shield, then I would understand adding a lower Tier version.
    Green XP Boosts do not need to exist. No one wants to waste their money getting junk they can't even sell for 100g from a lockbox. Especially when multiple purchases yield the same disappointing results. Just having green tier rarity in a box that people pay real money for is disappointing. Most people are going to associated it with "trash tier". Who wants to spend $5 on keys when everything they get is poop?
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    Good heavens! A lockbox reward that gives +1 Skill?! That is worse than getting nothing, because of the disappointment.

Make the Tier 1 grant +10, and the Tier 2 grant +15.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    If it's a guaranteed included +1 Mod (much like the guaranteed minimum Drifter Salvage) for every lockbox, that's one thing. But as a chance that this is the reward? I'd be inclined to buy LESS keys for that just from the fear that I'd get a series of boxes with only this (because the chance will probably be higher). :/

I'd understand making improving the craft skills harder if they had more use outside of just boosting the chance of fusion (like maybe ACTUALLY CRAFTING THINGS FROM RAW MATERIALS LIKE THEY USED TO).
  • Options

If it's a guaranteed included +1 Mod (much like the guaranteed minimum Drifter Salvage) for every lockbox, that's one thing. But as a chance that this is the reward? I'd be inclined to buy LESS keys for that just from the fear that I'd get a series of boxes with only this (because the chance will probably be higher). :/

I'd understand making improving the craft skills harder if they had more use outside of just boosting the chance of fusion (like maybe ACTUALLY CRAFTING THINGS FROM RAW MATERIALS LIKE THEY USED TO).

This is a good point; currently on both servers (PTS and Live) crafting material still drop that have no use in the current game.
  • Options
    frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    isn't it a shame that companies with slipping populations and profits, become obsessed at making more profits over the overall content, feel and design of a game.
    i have been playing this since taking part in the beta under a different name, and i have seen the same mistakes played over and over. One of the main selling point was that it encouraged alts. In fact LTS and subs encouraged this idea. The shop also used to provide items that was account wide unlocks, as did most of the items and gear that was crafted or dropped. Now approximately 2/3 years after the game was placed in maintenance mode, while STO and NWN got most of the focus for development, we see some rather good development being applied. the revamp of powers, new content and bug fixes a good thing, but this trend to be focused upon lock-boxes and now on character only unlock is down right disappointing. I think it shouldn't be the decision of the dev's to just do this,cause they don't like alts... your player base, ie your customers do. Therefore you should be working towards that agenda, promote the game, and stop falling for the old trap of dropping revenue to be replaced with short term gain
    If you are only concerned is about making money, profit, then I suggest you become a stockbroker or some other financial institution
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    One of the main selling point was that it encouraged alts. In fact LTS and subs encouraged this idea.
    Quoting this for emphasis. Before I got LTS, I used 4 different accounts--the same accounts I've used for various things in several other PWE games. Each one has the freeform slot that was given away for free a bit over a year ago. At first, I figured I'd be fine with 4 freeform slots across different accounts because yaay, free FF gameplay. However, as I got more into this game, I began to see just how many account-wide perks and incentives there were until it became clear that having all of my characters on the same account was the way to go, so that's what I did.

However!

Had I known the game would shift in a character-specific unlock, alt-unfriendly direction, would I have made the same decision to get LTS? No. No I wouldn't. In fact, I'd refund it right now if I could, because with more and more things being character bound, the account itself loses the value it once had as a thing to collect these unlocks on. 4 freeform characters via the FF slot giveaway, each on a different account versus having 4 freeform characters on the same account via sub/LTS: Both require the same amount of character-specific unlocks. One also costs money while the other is free. Tough choice!

Let's just hope the day of character-bound costume unlocks never happens.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    the wyatt earp sidekick's colors are horrible... baby blue? the real wyatt earp would be spinning in his grave... please use a dark gold or similar instead
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    xacchaeus said:

the wyatt earp sidekick's colors are horrible... baby blue? the real wyatt earp would be spinning in his grave... please use a dark gold or similar instead

I think the devs were trying to do a steel blue, like a London Blue Topaz, but it didn't work out well...
  • Options

I didn't see anything about vouchers. The emotes appear to just be items that come straight out of the lockbox and into your inventory for you to click on. No 2kG4u
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    kyastral said:

I like the new tooltips on the lockbox cases; it really makes it clear what you could get and helps to better decide if you want to keep it or not. However, I have noticed that the Legion and Mercenary boxes are labeled as primary; will there be secondary pieces for that gear come in the future?

So now the booster II boxes will have even more junk? The only reason to do something and it has nothing to do with improving the game for the playerbase.

This is another one of those unnecessary changes that falls under, if it isn't broken don't fix/change it.
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    +1 to skill , I find that as a "reward" somewhat insulting
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Uuuh. So if we get really unlucky with a lockbox we end up with 2 Salvage and +1 skill + something? woo :s

• Options
    aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    gogoginga1 wrote: »
    It says +1 in the title, but I believe the tooltip says it gives +10.

That still doesn't make it a good reward, though.​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • Options
    It could be a bug, but if it's not it needs changing. I've gone off buying keys because of the level of trash I was getting from them and +1 skill boosts sound like a good reason to avoid doing so altogether.
  • Options
    aesica said:

I have tried out the new Booster Box II: The +1 Skill up only gives +1 skill and the tooltip does state that it gives +1. It also drops more often as expected; out of 50 Booster Box II's that I opened 39 were +1 skill (green) and about 5 were xp boost (green). The other 6 drops were: 5 resource boosts and one +10 skill up. No XP Boost Plus dropped, so I am assuming that it will be the actual purple drop from that box and should be shaded accordingly.

In my opinion, you would have to open up close to 200 boxes in order to see any meaningful drop results from those boxes unless the RNG spirits grant you a good roll. :anguished:

• Options
    Huh. I almost never bothered to open booster boxes in the first place, so I guess I can continue to not do so.
  • Options
    servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    kyastral said:

aesica said:

I have tried out the new Booster Box II: The +1 Skill up only gives +1 skill and the tooltip does state that it gives +1. It also drops more often as expected; out of 50 Booster Box II's that I opened 39 were +1 skill (green) and about 5 were xp boost (green). The other 6 drops were: 5 resource boosts and one +10 skill up. No XP Boost Plus dropped, so I am assuming that it will be the actual purple drop from that box and should be shaded accordingly.

In my opinion, you would have to open up close to 200 boxes in order to see any meaningful drop results from those boxes unless the RNG spirits grant you a good roll. :anguished:

Yikes. I sincerely hope the Booster Boxes are added as a guaranteed instead of competing with the other good drops' rates when that goes live.
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    i thought the purpose of a lockbox was to encourage people to spend money, this looks like it will have the opposite effect
  • Options
    Boost is the original version of the xp boost. single person.
    Boost plus is the one added for the zen store- multi person.Also previously dropped as favor of the champions.
    Lockboxes originally had
    Boost- single person and Favor of the champions- multi.
    so no, it's just reverting to original
    BUG:Live
    Mercenary helmet of speed

When you mouseover , it says 2 enhancements instead of 1 armour, 1 enhance.​​

• Options
    Since most folks solo when under level 40, the XP Plus means very little.

I'm just wondering why the change to skill boosts. Is rampant maxed-out craft skill an actual issue? Many players simply never bother with fusion anyway, and skill levels also have level requirements.

I can speculate that the fusion system is getting a revamp or change, and that +1 skill boosts go with this revision--but without confirmation from a dev, the change seems arbitrary. As I said, getting this from a lockbox is worse than getting nothing because of the disappointment factor.

• Options
    Maxed out fusion skill isn't all that. Even with 400 skill points you've still only got a less than 60% chance of Getting Tier V mods up to VI.... the failure rate is quite alarming.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    You can probably raise it to 700 with +1SkillBoosts from the Lockboxes. In the future.
    And what Emotes?pig-17.gif

Maybe we should have Themed Set Packs in C-store. It includes costume, emote, vehicle, weapons, devices, stuff.
    Per character. $pig-15.gif$​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    Please make the emote unlocks account-wide. You don't make power unlocks character-specific, please don't make emotes character-specific.
  • Options

I'm just wondering why the change to skill boosts. Is rampant maxed-out craft skill an actual issue?

Well, given that you only need a single character with a single crafting skill to cover all merging requirements for your entire account, I guess maybe it should take effort to max it out? Personally, I'd rather have it make sense to raise crafting skill for more than one character, there's no good reason other than 'too lazy to alt'.
  • Options
    So, the character-bound emotes have arrived, with Forum Malvanum.

Just not going to bother, as they are also BoP.

Good luck pursuing this strategy, devs.

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Come on...it doesn't make you want to play more?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Maxed out fusion skill isn't all that. Even with 400 skill points you've still only got a less than 60% chance of Getting Tier V mods up to VI.... the failure rate is quite alarming.

This is true. You skill does give a noticeable boost. but it's a drop in the bucket for high level mods.

I'm just wondering why the change to skill boosts. Is rampant maxed-out craft skill an actual issue?

Well, given that you only need a single character with a single crafting skill to cover all merging requirements for your entire account, I guess maybe it should take effort to max it out? Personally, I'd rather have it make sense to raise crafting skill for more than one character, there's no good reason other than 'too lazy to alt'.
    3 actually. One Mysticism, 1 Arms, 1 Science.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options

3 actually. One Mysticism, 1 Arms, 1 Science.

Nope. Just one. Your skill type does affect fusion success rate at all. I say this as someone whose main is a fuser/mod hoarder. I have all available mods, regular and vehicle, in R4-7, except for the GCR mods (which I keep at R3-5), and some for which I fuse R8 (like Con and Growth). Skill type does not affect success rate.

Skill type only affects which skill object nodes you can access, which fusions can raise your skill level upon success, and (if they still exist) a few mission-specific interactable objects.

This discussion has been closed.