test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes - 01/12/2017

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2017 in Release Notes
Misc
  • Active Offenses and Defenses can now be used while PA toggles are on. Using them will turn off your toggles.
  • Added a open mission point reward system for crowd control for the Kigatilik open mission. We will be adding this feature to more oms in the future.
  • A strange targetable teddybear has appeared in the backstage area of the Millennium City powerhouse theater.
  • Removed the boxes by the regeneration dummies in the Millennium City powerhouse.
  • Extended the item count bar so it displays numbers past 99 properly.
  • Oubliette, Slug, Kigatilik and Teleiosaurus will no longer react to hit animations.
  • Made Slug's costume taller for better visibility.
  • Added metal and cloth materials to the hoof costume.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Muahahahaha!!! Death to Teddy-kun
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    The bear is live @_@
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    nepht said:

The bear is live @_@

Hmmm, so maybe it wasn't just for testing and is for an upcoming storyline?
    I'm pretty sure it's just for weapon out options on Cosume contest.

Better than a destroyable crate....but why a bear? I dunno.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

...but why a bear? I dunno.

Furrification of CO.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Speaking of...I got you some ear!
  • duke3eyeduke3eye Posts: 22 Arc User
    They chose it because it could bear it. ;)
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 970 Arc User
    cosmic level bear?
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    This may be the best list of changes ever in CO's history. HUZZAH!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • lovehammer1lovehammer1 Posts: 416 Arc User
    Been away for awhile. Not sure if this is a bug or not... (Sorry if this is not the right section to voice this)
    I mostly use/build dodge characters. I recently was testing with a friend, when all of a sudden an attack of his broke through my
    defense like butter. Not in just a % roll of the dice kind of way (After all dodge, isn't 100% dodge) but i was shocked at how easily how many times i was getting hit.

For a bit of reference: When attacking and getting all of my buffs, i 'm up somewhere near 90-85% dodge with 115% damage resist. And he has the same build he's always had. FF Master type. And never been able to land that many critical shots on me.
    Or just flat out bypass my dodge, it seems. (Early 2016 was the last time i played, until last week sometime)
    What is going on?? Has dodge been nerfed AGAIN!!?? Is there some kind of bypass dodge button that i am not aware of??

Please let me know. I have been here since launch. And dodge has been getting weaker and weaker...yet not many people use it.
    Are you people trying to destroy it altogether? What do you have against dodge and LR toons? Help me understand.

I don't want to conform, if i want to use a melee build. Defiant. Invul. Are the most used. Why not tinker with those passives...
    Why mess with one far less popular? Why can i not be the hero i want to be, without being handcuffed by ongoing shuffling and deconstruction of this passive?

Sighed, beyond frustrated.
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    That's probably a result of the new block-breaker advantage - as I recall, it applies an extremely strong debuff to both dodge and resistance - Edit: but only if it actually breaks a block, meaning it's useless in most PvE situations. (That said, I don't pvp or use that advantage, so I may be misremembering.)
    Post edited by morigosa on
  • tonyroachclip2tonyroachclip2 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Went and checked the Teddy. That I like. Its invincible so we all can get weapons out without have to take turns on the cart and hoping it doesn't get destroyed before your turn. A simple but good idea! Keep up the little details good work!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Better than a destroyable crate....but why a bear? I dunno.

Probably Kaiserin geeking out over Five Nights at Freddy's again. :p Gold Freddy reference?
  • paradoxmasterparadoxmaster Posts: 13 Arc User
    Its Teddy Kuns evil counterpart, Sayako chan is coming for you, you evil bear!!!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Speaking of...I got you some ear!

Yay!

TY mate <3

Edit: Just got all the goodies from ya....... much appreciated. You're a scholar and a gentleman.

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gradii said:

Please add this to Qwyjibo where it's needed most.

The thing you quoted literally says they're going to add it to other stuff in the future...
    morigosa said:

That's probably a result of the new block-breaker advantage - as I recall, it applies an extremely strong debuff to both dodge and resistance - Edit: but only if it actually breaks a block, meaning it's useless in most PvE situations. (That said, I don't pvp or use that advantage, so I may be misremembering.)

Ahh.. that must be it. But if that's true...and it is that easy to bypass Dodge and resist, who would ever use a dodge build in pvp? What's the point if people can just cut right through with one advantage.
    Wow. Thank you for the information.

I don't pvp often, but sometimes i like to spar a bit. This ruins that small amount of dueling.
    It's like i don't have any protection at all. Block breaker, huh. A bit OP IMHO.

Thanks again

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    I don't PVP at all, but a while back they nerfed Dodge quite a bit (diminishing returns, I think). Were you around for that? That might be adding to it, as well.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png

I don't PVP at all, but a while back they nerfed Dodge quite a bit (diminishing returns, I think). Were you around for that? That might be adding to it, as well.

Oh, yes. Been around for that as well. Like i said, they keep on finding ways to make Dodge as unappealing as possible. I guess i will never understand this so-called "bringing things inline with other powers" thing...
    by making the powers weaker, each and every time. Makes no sense. Who would possibly want to make a dodge toon now? Is that what they want? I guess so. What's next, PFF!!?? Make that even weaker??

smh
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Ahh.. that must be it. But if that's true...and it is that easy to bypass Dodge and resist, who would ever use a dodge build in pvp?

It's not. The block-breaker advantage only works if you use it when the target is currently blocking -- and if you use it when the target is not blocking, it renders the target immune to the effect for 10s. As such, it's really only relevant when the target is just sitting there perma-blocking.

Ahh.. that must be it. But if that's true...and it is that easy to bypass Dodge and resist, who would ever use a dodge build in pvp?

It's not. The block-breaker advantage only works if you use it when the target is currently blocking -- and if you use it when the target is not blocking, it renders the target immune to the effect for 10s. As such, it's really only relevant when the target is just sitting there perma-blocking.
    So.. it has no effect on Parry, which is auto induced when attacked? Which is a whole other story unto itself (10% damage debuff just for using it) Sigh
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

So.. it has no effect on Parry, which is auto induced when attacked?

Auto induced when you attack. And no, simply using The Elusive Monk does not cause you to be classed as blocking.

So.. it has no effect on Parry, which is auto induced when attacked?

Auto induced when you attack. And no, simply using The Elusive Monk does not cause you to be classed as blocking.
    Thanks for the info. And yes, i meant "When i attack".
  • almightenalmighten Posts: 31 Arc User
    Seems just a bit much for the bad guys to have additional advantages when their already powerful & then also Nerf the powers available to the players; effectively buffing the cosmics further & everything else in the is game buffed as well; just by making changes to the powers. Our Biulds do not work the same when the powers are changed. To make things tougher, we're not all given full recons to adjust the build to something approximating what we had or now want as a result of the change & are forced to "buy the changes" that we're made to adapt to like it or not. Not loving that. On the positive side Kaserin has done a great job from what I've seen in bring life to the additions to the games; sure there are bugs, but that is normal, I enjoy very much the works of your hands & mind Kaserin. You are doing a tedious, time consuming job & doing it well; keep up the good work!!!