test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the targeting already u3u

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
That feeling when your standing RIGHT in front of a bad guy but you target the sigils a mile down the road U_U
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    maybe you just gotta mess with your control settings? My targeting seems to function pretty reliably for the most part nowadays.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    spinnytop said:

maybe you just gotta mess with your control settings? My targeting seems to function pretty reliably for the most part nowadays.

*&*@ right off the targeting still sucks badly and I demand Cryptic do all the work for me o3o
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Nepht enters the alert to the rousing battle cry of "Do it for me.."

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I know the pain... it doesn't matter if you can fiddle with some settings to get it functional enough for you... the problem still exists and should be fixed. There is ZERO excuse for leaving the targeting system in this state for so long. It's even more annoying when you select a target and in the split second between when you targeted them and when you hit an ability something happens to make them an invalid target or otherwise drops your target on them causing you to attack the auto-target that is not even remotely close to where your previous target was, and worse when that auto-target happens to be in the non-aggroed group off to the left while you and your party are still fighting the group right ontop of you.

Note: I've got my auto target set to closest to camera center and it still randomly targets enemies off on the far edge of my screen or even off screen entirely.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    vinxbrvinxbr Posts: 161 Arc User
    Yeah, target system in CO is horrible, i set my configuration to target the closes to camera center, still it insist in target the most randomlly possible at the sides, It when it doesn't just refuse to target anything (seriously, many times the enemy was in my face attacking me and i simply couldn't atack, and had to manually click on it)
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    My favorite is when you click on an enemy and target something behind you because of target boxes, when you target a lamp or a bench, but yes, nothing worse then targeting a member of a separate mob while you're dealing with a couple of another that are right in front of you. The targeting is just another enemy to overcome while playing PvE.