test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disabling Auction House Notifications

maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
I recently had an issue where a bunch of items I'd been attaching to an in game mail were lost, probably due to all the Auction House notification messages that I'd been deleting. If an item successfully sells on the Auction House, I really don't need to be informed so it would be nice if there was a feature that allowed me to disable such notifications. Hopefully, that would also prevent such errors as lost mail items occurring in future, and maybe even reduce some of the load on your servers.

Comments

• Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I have emails from like 2+ years ago, what's being deleted? Like time wise
  • Options
    I tried to retrieve some items that I had attached to an email, and they just disappeared into the ether instead of appearing in my inventory. It has nothing to do with age so probably not what you're worried about.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Then they should be there. They may be delivered to a specific character and can't be found that way.

My point was no emails disappear like that. So you might want to investigate with a few toons and see if they are there.
  • Options
    The email didn't disappear, the items attached to the email did when I tried to retrieve them. They just vanished instead of appearing in my inventory.
  • Options
    stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Can you say what items? Because they put timers on a bunch of stuff and they will go *poof* when you try and retrieve them.​​

• Options
    A number of things, but mostly some Clarence's Machinery that I'd been farming on multiple characters. Attaching them to the same email was the easiest way to keep them in one place without having to go back to my hideout over and over. They shouldn't have disappeared.