test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MG's Superheroes Gallery

Comments

• Options
    prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    Brilliant costumes on your chars as usual. I love how you tied Federal Express costume and history into that of Frontrunner's. Even though Frontrunner is a bit more Jesse Quick inspired than Jay Garrick's, it still catches that Golden Age vibe quite nicely. Well done!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited September 2016

That's a brilliant use of those three parts on Headsman, MG. Always did like his look..

..and yes, the clean weapons bit has always been annoying!

Thank you bb.

Brilliant costumes on your chars as usual. I love how you tied Federal Express costume and history into that of Frontrunner's. Even though Frontrunner is a bit more Jesse Quick inspired than Jay Garrick's, it still catches that Golden Age vibe quite nicely. Well done!

Thanks presto, as you can tell I love legacy heoes. I have a way to tie most of my characters costumes together narratively (I just don't always write it down) and the majority are legacy heroes....... like the JSA.

I'm trying something new for my next toon. I have been experimenting with an anime-style heroine and I'm almost ready to start taking screenshots :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Here we sit with baited breath,
    for thine costumes have such depth.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I still haven't taken any screenies for that anime toon yet, but I have created another character.

After making Federal Express I still didn't feel I was done with Super-Speedsters yet (or the ankle wings ;) ). I also really wanted to use the "Stylish" hairstlye on a speedster because of the windblown look.

Here's Anna Mercury...

Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Already ran into her in game and she looks great. As I mentioned the other day, love the "magical aura" on her boots of speed. Well done!
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Where is that 'Stylish' hairstyle from, MG?

It comes in the "Beard and Hair Pack" from the Zen Store, mate.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    I am positively jealous of your costuming and style! Well Done!
    I have a hard time using (or letting myself) use tones in my costumes and you do it quite well.
    And counterintuitively, your use of tones usually makes your costumes stand out at CCs.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I've been working on an alternative costume for Anna Mercury recently for a competition to win art of your character. The idea is to make a creature of the night themed alt costume for an existing toon and I kinda channeled both the Black Flash and Ghostrider for my concept.

To save her team-mate, Anna Mercury made an agreement with a Duke of Hell: Every Bloodmoon the silver-haired siren of speed is transformed into the demonic Hellrunner and tasked with collecting the souls of metahumans who made bargains with the occult in return for their superpowers

Here's her transformation into the Hellrunner...

I am positively jealous of your costuming and style! Well Done!
    I have a hard time using (or letting myself) use tones in my costumes and you do it quite well.
    And counterintuitively, your use of tones usually makes your costumes stand out at CCs.

Well, thank you very much. That's high praise indeed, especially as I love your costumes. You always raise the bar at costume competitions @shortbus#4297. In fact, as a judge at CCs, I have voted for your costumes many times.

Regarding the tones that I use, it took me a long time to get used to using them. I remember seeing someone's costume where they had these tones and I loved the effect. However, when going into the tailor to try it myself, it was wierd using them to begin with. I persevered though and now I find it hard not to.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    Saw Hellrunner in MC the other day, stopped to get a good look, well done. Didn't realize this was you at the time or I'd have stopped and said 'hi'.
  • Options
    Hellrunner is amazing. Heck you took the time to even make costumes for the transformation! Loved the transition from the blues to the black and the winged boots from feathers to bat wings.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thanks Rune and Presto, much appreciated :)

Actually, I have a little dilemma with Hellrunner: I am still tweaking the costume (Heck, who am I kidding? I never stop tweaking costumes :D ) and am thinking of changing her collar. I could do with some feedback from all you costume fanatics out there.

Here are the different options that I have narrowed it down to..........

So, what are your thoughts?

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'd go with option 2 or 3. #1 doesn't flow as nicely as the rest of the options color-wise, while option #4 is way too big.

That said, it's a pretty wicked outfit overall! Very cool how you matched up angular shapes so well.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    Costume #2 looks the most pleasing in my eyes. It just looks more natural combined with the shoulder pieces.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    bluhman said:

I'd go with option 2 or 3. #1 doesn't flow as nicely as the rest of the options color-wise, while option #4 is way too big.
    That said, it's a pretty wicked outfit overall! Very cool how you matched up angular shapes so well.

I'd be stupid not to take the advice of the legendary @bluhman . It's a shame that number 1 only has one colour field available as I really like the shape of that collar. Thanks for responding :)

Costume #2 looks the most pleasing in my eyes. It just looks more natural combined with the shoulder pieces.

Thanks, Presto. I'm thinking the same thing now :)

Okay, this seals the deal B)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
  • Options

I'm going to break with the trend and say 3. The flow of the shapes works better than the straighter lines, tomyeye. Eovcative of the flamey-effect.

To be honest, I was torn between 2 and 3 and have costumes for both just-in-case ;)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    When I tried that new sacred aura it just screamed the Sun to me. I decided to try and create a character that had the vibe of a New God from DC or an Eternal from Marvel, by way of Sun Boy from the LoSH. I just had to find a way of filling in the centre of the sacred aura, and I found it :D

Here's Helios.......

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Wonderful, and a good inspiration for my sun-hero (Sun Titan, yay orginality) that was languishing with an old costume...

A question, how do you make those eyes and what is that hairstyle (or combination of)?

• Options
    edited June 2017

Wonderful, and a good inspiration for my sun-hero (Sun Titan, yay orginality) that was languishing with an old costume...

A question, how do you make those eyes and what is that hairstyle (or combination of)?

TY, mate :)

The eyes are easy, I just used the gradiant pattern for them and outlined them with the 'Rocker 3' pattern that came from the Rocker costume set, for that Adam warlock type shading.....

The hair I used is from the new Arcane Mage costume set.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'll also break trends, and say I like 2 and 4, 4 best, as it's aggressive shape seems to fit the theme best.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I finally got around to taking some screenshots of my new anime, power armour gal. I really don't have any knowledge of anime so she's not based on any existing characters as I didn't do any research when creating her.

Perhaps you anime experts out there can point out similarities between her and any known anime.

Here's Angel Interceptor......

iamrune said:

I'll also break trends, and say I like 2 and 4, 4 best, as it's aggressive shape seems to fit the theme best.

Thanks for the input, Rune :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I was never really that happy with how Aqua Rex turned out so I've updated him and changed his name. I went with the more topical dothraki-Aquaman vibe.

Here's Tritonus....

I'll add some in-game screenshots after I've levelled him up a bit.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    Amazing work yet again for Helios, Angel Interceptor and Tritonus. I really liked how you the hook and how you turned those tights into a T. Now that's some Golden Age goodness right there! :)
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • Options

Amazing work yet again for Helios, Angel Interceptor and Tritonus. I really liked how you the hook and how you turned those tights into a T. Now that's some Golden Age goodness right there! :)

TY Skaar, I'm really pleased with how the T came out with the belt framing it nicely :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ...I have to ask...How do you have the MONEY for all this? You must pour a metric crapton of Zen into character slots and alternate costume slots.
  • Options

...I have to ask...How do you have the MONEY for all this? You must pour a metric crapton of Zen into character slots and alternate costume slots.

Um, not really mate. Everyone gets a costume slot at character creation and another one for joining a SG, and because I'm a Gold subscriber I also get a costume slot at level 15 and another costume slot at level 30. Then there's the vet rewards for having been a subscriber for so long to take into account, that's another 3 costume slots per character. That makes 7 per character.

But, I would be lying if I said I had never bought costume slots. Most of my characters would manage fine with the previously mentioned 7 slots, but a couple of my toons needed a lot more so about 3 times over my years in CO I have paid the 565 zen option to, in total, add 6 character slots to each character. This applies to every future character also.

As for character slots, as a Gold member not only did I get more of these than a Silver member to begin with but I also got another through the vet rewards. But the main way I have gained character slots is by levelling. As a Gold subscriber I get a free character slot for every character I get to level 40, that's a neverending supply :)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    neverending until you hit the game's hardcap​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    edited October 2016

neverending until you hit the game's hardcap​​

Oh, there's a limit? I have tried to find what that limit is and can't find any info on that.

I know people that have hit a hardcap on costume slots per character (well over a hundred), but not for character slots.

I've also read that there is a limit on how many character slots you can eventually buy, but not for how many you can earn. So, until any evidence shows otherwise, I think I'll stick with "neverending" :)

Anyway, I've put the question to folks here... http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1203263/altaholic-challenge-part-5

Let's see if we can get an answer.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

I was never really that happy with how Aqua Rex turned out

Huh. I always thought he looked cool and prefer his look over Tritonous. Regardless, most of these look cool. Thought I had already commented a while back but I guess not.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

Huh. I always thought he looked cool and prefer his look over Tritonous. Regardless, most of these look cool. Thought I had already commented a while back but I guess not.

Comment duly noted, mate.

Thanks for your vote of confidence in Aqua Rex's costume. I'll probably adapt it a bit and make it into Tritonus' Silver-Age costume.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    ...So, I can get a total of 2 costumes per character, counting their default one, and that's if they both join a Super Group. But paid members have essentially endless amount...

...Not sure how to feel about this.
  • Options

...So, I can get a total of 2 costumes per character, counting their default one, and that's if they both join a Super Group. But paid members have essentially endless amount...

...Not sure how to feel about this.

Um, no. Players that pay for a subscription don't get endless costume slots, I didn't say that. I said that players who pay for a subscription have endless character slots as part of that subscription.

I'm not gonna get into the subject of whether that's fair or not in my costume thread here because it's pretty off-topic. If you want to talk further about that I can only suggest that you start a discussion in the relevant part of the forums for that, mate.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Wait, just how did you get the 'T' on Tritonus's belt?
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It's the luchador set.
  • Options
    zamuelpwe said:

Wait, just how did you get the 'T' on Tritonus's belt?

As ratface said, it's a piece from the Luchador set.......you'll find it under Hips Layer.

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    Love the designs. Such a great balance in setting iconic looks for each individual character. A lot of people could take some pointers from you, hahaha!

• Options
    Thanks for the compliment pallas. I have to say though that I have taken pointers from many great costumers in CO. There's a lot of great designs around at costume contests and, of course, from my team-mates in SoDLaG.

Oh, and Happy New Year tailor addicts everywhere! I made a new signature banner for 2017 =)
    zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So I really enjoy your swashbuckler, I made something similar if I ever get that far into my costumes, Leatherwing, the noir version, but the Victorian version is my favorite. Redback is really cute and I wish I'd thought of that look with the hood. I've never found a good use for that spider web print. I like the Doctor Kabbala version with the turban and I like this new Tritonus. Lots of great costumes. Doctor Baskerville looks best with the top hat, very Mr Hyde, and I've toyed with making a version of Mr Hyde for myself. Victorian Doctor Baskerville is what I imagined.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So, I've been toying with mock-ups of new shield models recently and I came up with these.....

=)
    guyhumual said:

So I really enjoy your swashbuckler, I made something similar if I ever get that far into my costumes, Leatherwing, the noir version, but the Victorian version is my favorite. Redback is really cute and I wish I'd thought of that look with the hood. I've never found a good use for that spider web print. I like the Doctor Kabbala version with the turban and I like this new Tritonus. Lots of great costumes. Doctor Baskerville looks best with the top hat, very Mr Hyde, and I've toyed with making a version of Mr Hyde for myself. Victorian Doctor Baskerville is what I imagined.

Thank you mate :)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    kgorkgor Posts: 10 Arc User
    I love EVERYTHIN here \o/
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So Aegis Initiative had a group CC today with a D&D theme...we had to make a party of adventurers.

I teamed up with @Volkthor (the barbarian), @Dogboy78 (the rogue/assassin), @xacchaeus (the cleric/monk) and last, but certainly not least, @Rotbelcher (the defeated NPC skeleton death-knight). I was the ranger...

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun =)

kgor said:

I love EVERYTHIN here \o/

Thanks mate =)

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    "With VIPER's new fast-track program for underprivileged recruits and workplace childcare facilities, I'm able to balance my demands as a single mother with those of an exciting and challenging career which allows me to travel to international locales, use new, cutting-edge technology and lock up dangerous animals. VIPER is an equal opportunities employer unrivalled in today's global market-place!"

Jeanette McReedie, VIPER Nest Sergeant...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hurled back in time by another nemesis, the Time Tyrant, Swashbuckler lands in 1695 in London. He tracks down his distant relative (who by the law of comic-books looks 100% identical to him) and is told that if any man in London can help him get back to his time, then that man is Isaac Newton.

He visits Newton, who is enthralled by his story and inspired to create a time machine... a theory he had recently been researching. There's just one catch: to power the machine Swashbuckler will have to supply Newton with an amazing new element that has just been discovered in the East Indies called 'unobtainium'. However, as luck would have it ( ;) ), the infamous East India Company are supposed to be returning to Merry Olde England in a couple of weeks with some of this magical substance amongst it's cargo.

With no time to waste, Swashbuckler takes on the persona of a pirate captain and recruits a crew of scurvy reprobates. Calling himself 'Dapper John' and wearing a more era-fitting costume (but still with a mask to protect his distant relative who, as you remember, is his spitting image), Swashy takes to the high seas aboard the 'Dark Mistress'.

He and his crew eventually find the East India ship, exchange cannon fire, manage to board and, after much swashbucklery and mayhem, subdue the crew and take the unobtainium. Arriving back in London, Swashbuckler makes his way to Newton's laboratory where he has just finished making a prototype time machine and gives him the package of unobtainium.

While Newton is making the finishing touches and cranking many levers a squad of soldiers breaks down the door and more swashbucklery (including swinging on a chandelier) ensues. Swashbuckler manages to take the redcoats down and Isaac straps him into the machine, cranks a few more levers and sends him back to present day Millennium City. Huzzah! What a jape!

Swashbuckler in Merry Olde England...

Man, that's probably the biggest excuse for an alt costume I've ever given :p

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Time for a new character. I was inspired to make this one by the belt buckle on the new Cyber Cowboy costume set. As soon as I saw it it just said "Police Badge" to me. In concept he is kind of a mash-up of Judge Dredd and the Punisher.

Disillusioned at the law's inability to protect society from the lawless, Detroit police officer Wallace Gallows resigned from the force and became a self-appointed judge, jury and (if he deems it necessary), executioner.

A formidable martial artist and strategist, Wallace carries two .45 caliber pistols, a baton, a shotgun and tear-gas pellets. He wears Kevlar body armor, a ballistic facemask, and has inbuilt police sirens and lights on his shoulder armour pieces. He also has a voice amplification system built into his facemask.

Cease and desist perps! Here's the PATROLMAN

zrdRBy8.png
  • Options
    looks a bit more like a robocop version of ironman to me​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Another direct hit with Patrolman!

Swashy alternates look really good, too. Though I admit that for a few paragraphs I thought you were going to neglect chandelier-swinging in the Olde England backstory. Excellent work as usual.