test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20161122.2024.17 - Winter Updates

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2016 in PTS - The Archive
WInter Event
Added the following costumes to the winter store:
Puppy Ears, Snowman Legs, Sticks Hands, Nutcracker Head, Beartrap Jaw, Steampunk Backpack, Steampunk Electric Backpack, Steampunk Smokestacks, Steampunk Electro-Gauntlets, Steampunk Mecha Legs, Steampunk Mecha Boots, Clarence's Mecha Eyes, Clarence's Arms, Clarence's Hands, Clarence's Bracers.

Added the following items to the winter store:
Snowcharge Grav Bike, Winter Steam Bike, Bell Aura.

Added puppy ears costume as a potential drop from presents.

Finkle Foundry
Added Nutcracker Head, Steampunk Backpack, Steampunk Electric Backpack, Steampunk Smokestacks, Steampunk Electro-Gauntlets, Steampunk Mecha Legs, Steampunk Mecha Boots as potential drops from the Finkle Foundry open mission.
Included damaging toys and healing players as a way to get credit during the Finkle Foundry open mission.

Clarence
  • Added new voiceover for Nightmare and Liberated Clarence.

Misc
  • Added Rainbow travel devices to the PTS store.
  • Added Agate sidekick to the PTS store.
  • Added Cybermind's Impression mod to the PTS store. This mod buffs Laser Sword damage (tooltip is currently inaccurate).
  • Added Cyber Katana to the Questionite store.
  • Added Virus vehicle to the Questionite store.
  • Added Luminescent vehicle to the drifter store.
  • Fixed a bug with Mistletoe temp item where it couldn't target enemies.
  • Fixed a bug where Plasma Cutter rooted you.
​​

Comments

• aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    THAT'S A FENRIR onion-47.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Kais, did you ever look st the shoulder scale for males for the stovepipe pieces? One is larger than the other and don't scale properly.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    aiqa said:

avianos said:

THAT'S A FENRIR onion-47.gif​​

Oooh..it IS a Fenrir with the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn coloring; too bad you cant give him the colors of the other versions.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Question about the cyberkatana. Does it unlocks for Martial Arts Weapons as well for Laser Sword?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • lunninhalunninha Posts: 4 Arc User
    So uh, what does the christmas tree give us now that the winter resource changed? And does it still have the change to give us costume pieces from the store? Like how it could give us even the 'expensive' (a better wording is failing me right now) costume drops?
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Question about the cyberkatana. Does it unlocks for Martial Arts Weapons as well for Laser Sword?

If the tool-tip on the katana is any indication, yes.

Also Agate cannot fly.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User

yes, and it also unlocks it as a back piece to.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
    LIVE
    BUG: Silver Bell doesn't apply anything if you are targeting an enemy target

BUG: Silver Bell doesn't work when you are in a team up group
    (Basically this item is borked during cosmics and Alerts)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Added Cybermind's Impression mod to the PTS store. This mod buffs Laser Sword damage (tooltip is currently inaccurate).

i hope this will be a guaranteed drop from cybermind's alert...that horrific nightmare of a queue needs a reason to queue for it beyond being needed for Vigilance​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited December 2016

i hope this will be a guaranteed drop from cybermind's alert...that horrific nightmare of a queue needs a reason to queue for it beyond being needed for Vigilance​​

They fixed the completion bug though, didn't they?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Enh... depends on what you mean by completion bug. At one time there were 3 issues:

1: sometimes completing the mission would not count for Vigilance.
    2: sometimes you would get a score of zero and no boss loot even though you were participating in the boss fight.
    3: a dc or crash at any point in the mission traps you in the lab with silverback where you can't participate in the mission.

Any of those could prevent proper credit. Not 100% sure which have been fixed, but I didn't see 1 or 2 last cycle.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    I really like the wolf sidekick, but I do hope we can get some more natural colors at some point.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Enh... depends on what you mean by completion bug. At one time there were 3 issues:

1: sometimes completing the mission would not count for Vigilance.
    2: sometimes you would get a score of zero and no boss loot even though you were participating in the boss fight.
    3: a dc or crash at any point in the mission traps you in the lab with silverback where you can't participate in the mission.

Any of those could prevent proper credit. Not 100% sure which have been fixed, but I didn't see 1 or 2 last cycle.

1 is the one I'm referring to.

2 seems like it can happen in any alert, so I'm not sure if that's been addressed yet

3 could be fixed by letting players port back into "the matrix" by talking to the ape in the labcoat who keeps making the same funky handsigns when he talks.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Agate seems like a reference to Steven Universe.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    My dream has come true, please tell me that agate will be loyal
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    aiqa said:

I really like the wolf sidekick, but I do hope we can get some more natural colors at some point.

It not like they would slap in a different color with a different aura, like make it red and give it a fire aura, and call it a different sidekick.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User

Yes, there is a loyal version. Still not sure how to get him though.
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So....is that wolf head available for players as well? If not....

I'd get the sidekick if it unlocks it's head piece otherwise....meh don't really care about it.

Yes, there is a loyal version. Still not sure how to get him though.
    Cosmic key pack
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    Bug: The new power "rainbow acrobatics" uses the stats for acrobatics in terms of jump height and such, but the animation is for mach speed. No ninja flipping stuff.
    Okay another question in the wolfsidekick pack staying forver or is it just for the event?
    I imagine it will fade out and the perm will be added to store
    edited December 2016
    I

I hope so because right now I don't have the zen for it, and I really really really really really want one
    Okay another question in the wolfsidekick pack staying forver or is it just for the event?

No such thing as "only for event"
    Its a Z-STORE item, currently sold in a Bundle

once there will be a new Bundle, the sidekick will be sold Stand Alone
    Just like Mechanic Spider did which was part of the Toxic Bundle​​
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User

I

I hope so because right now I don't have the zen for it, and I really really really really really want one
    Auction House

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I won't be in-game again until the 8th of January but I'm curious to see the puppy ears. If someone gets the chance while in PTS could they possibly take a screenshot of the puppy ears and post it here.

Pwwwwease :)
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2016
    I'll post them for you when I get a chance. It's pretty much a lower quality version of the ears you wanted.

They do however work really well. I've already made me a dog themed hero.

I'll check the AH for any drops and if I see one I'll snag it for you, since it ends before you get on.
    edited December 2016

I'll post them for you when I get a chance. It's pretty much a lower quality version of the ears you wanted.

They do however work really well. I've already made me a dog themed hero.

I'll check the AH for any drops and if I see one I'll snag it for you, since it ends before you get on.

Heh..... I just somehow knew that they would have been based around the ones I suggested.

I appreciate you replying Brother Rat. If you are able to snag any for me then I will be very grateful and compensate you for your troubles. I really hope they are included in the drops.

Thanks again and have a nice Christmas!

photo cute-rat-photo-8.jpg

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    I shall require a statue of cheese...of cheese.
    I already have one that I've been waiting to give you. I placed it on a rather attractive modern art plinth.........

photo piece-of-cheese-in-mouse-trap-sami-sarkis.jpg

........enjoy.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • why does it look like it's made out of plastic?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Shenanigans!!!
    @themightyzenith

photo Champions Online_2016-12-25_09-51-24.png

This is my tree!!!!
    photo Champions Online_2016-12-25_09-50-26.png

lol..... beautifuly done!
    zrdRBy8.png
    The normal Clarence has a good difficulty for an event boss, with the exception of his red wireframe still doing very low damage. But the qliphotic and liberated Clarence do much lower damage overall and are not any danger.
    Enh, Q-Clarence has some really annoying tentacles. IF those are attacking as a group it's bothersome. also he has a rather nasty poison DoT.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2016

Enh, Q-Clarence has some really annoying tentacles. IF those are attacking as a group it's bothersome. also he has a rather nasty poison DoT.

The Nightmare Clarence Tentacles spawn at random, much like Eidolon's orbs do. I've had those tentacles spawn practically on top of me, which makes me think that they could be dealt with the same way Eidolon's orbs are dealt with. But that is not going to happen, since it would require specific coordination. And yeah, that toxic DoT is pretty nasty for players that are not prepared.
    edited December 2016
    Can't say I've noticed any dot on nightmare Clarence other than those health percentage based attacks. Tentacles can be ignored easily enough. The only high damage attack is the breath, but only the tank should be hit by that and it's easy to block.

If nightmare and liberated Clarence would do the same high damage melee attacks as the normal version, they'd be more interesting to fight (tank).
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    Some of Q-Clarence summoned toy-minions seem to have a "new" head piece, or atleast one i have never seen before
    like a weird hood with many glowing dots
    hmm I need to get an up close pic of those next time...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    BUG: prismatic acrobatics- when going backwards instead of tumbling like normal acrobatics, you just run backwards like superspeed.
    when leaping straight up , you don't flip at the top, you just go up and down.
    when doing long leaps(while holding up and forward, instead of gliding with legs stationary, you're legs are running like mad.

also the 2 icons on the items in the zen store are reversed from the standard athletics and acrobatics. which means they may be mislabled​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Not sure where else to post this, but weren't there some winter costumes on the test server that haven't been added to the winter store on live yet? I remember there being like, a Qliphotic Clarence-inspired tentacle claw back piece, and there are still a couple action figures missing from the store, like the Sparkle Teddy. Are those not coming after all?
  • reminds me of Sesshoumaru from Inuyasha
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    What are we supposed to do with all the previous christmas gifts that were meant to purchase unlocks? Can we get a converter to change them to the event currency snowflakes?
    You missed prior updates. You turn them in to the elves under the tree for stockings.
This discussion has been closed.