test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vehicle or Loyal Sidekick?

woozywyvernwoozywyvern Posts: 2 Arc User
edited December 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
Hey folks - getting back into this game as I never really scratched the surface back when I played before. I am intrigued by both vehicles and Loyal Sidekicks and have enough Zen to get one or the other at the moment. Which is the better choice, gameplay wise? It looks to me like vehicles can be used across your account by all characters, via a shared bank in you hideout but Loyal Sidekicks are per character?
Tagged:

Comments

• roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Vehicles can be shared across account (mostly), but not much gameplay really uses vehicles. Can be great for power-leveling in open world, though.

Loyal Sidekicks have use throughout the game in nearly all situations, though some Cosmic content makes use of pets tricky because of their poor AI.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    Vehicles help a lot with a couple of Rampage Alerts (Lemurian Invasion and Sky Command) particularly if your character is melee or support centered. Also, they can serve as travel powers for open worlds. An average vehicle is usually faster than a buffed up Flight. This way, you can reserve the advantage points for combat powers.

Loyal sidekicks are great for solo missions, but for team or epic missions like TA or cosmic monster hunting, they're more of a hindrance or at least, not as reliable. Often, they also have long cooldown times after their duration.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    If you think your travel powers get you were you wanna go fast enough, go for the sidekick.
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    There are non-Zen options for either of these, especially vehicles.

Vehicles are, in my opinion, more "important", but also more plentiful.

You can, right now, participate in the Christmas event and earn tokens with which you can purchase different vehicles for some of your characters.

My advice to you, no matter what you purchase, is to try and match it up to a specific character.

In the case of a sidekick, if it is going to be bound to a character then a match would be important to me; I would want a sidekick that I could work into the character's back story in some way, not just have a sidekick because I thought it was the "best".

Might not matter to you, but if it does then it is worth the extra time to look around at the options.
    Even for vehicles... While the first vehicle might get shared for a while, as you get more vehicles and enough gear to load them all out every character will eventually have a vehicle to call their own and I like that vehicle to "fit" the character.
  • woozywyvernwoozywyvern Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks folks, I appreciate the replies. I think sidekick initially.