test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strange problem in game with Newest Arc update

Using Shift + S in chat [or not] turns on the Arc Overlay and brings up the Twitch beta dialogue option box, since the newest Arc Update on my system.

I can't seem to figure out why, but i basically can't type normally or I accidentally bring up the Arc overlay and it's really cramping my style.

I also found by fiddling with it I seem to have a problem using question mark, as if when i use the shift key it isn't taking, but only for the ? and / key.

I don't think it's my keyboard yet, but I'm not ruling it out either.

Comments

• Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    It seems to have fixed itself upon a relog of both arc and Champions, but I checked other programs and my shift+ s and ? question mark keys were all working normally everywhere else I checked.. maybe Champions had some sort of error regarding detection of my shift keys? No idea why it would read them as some sort of arcane key bind that not only brought up the Arc Overlay but also the twitch stream box.

Is there an Arc key bind command that opens the over lay with Stream pop up box? maybe i can track this down if I knew what it thought I was calling for with my Shift + s use.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Try going into Arc's Settings > Streaming Beta tab. Changing the "set activate key" should overwrite the default and no longer cause Shift+S to bring up the overlay.

Shift+S as the default hotkey was not a good idea.
  • Options
    iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User

Try going into Arc's Settings > Streaming Beta tab. Changing the "set activate key" should overwrite the default and no longer cause Shift+S to bring up the overlay.

Shift+S as the default hotkey was not a good idea.

That was it.. set it to something I'll never likely hit on accident again. Shift + F9. I ure hope that isn't normally something important.