test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/15/16

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2016 in Release Notes
Powers
  • Updated the tooltips of most energy unlocks to state that they scale off of Recovery to a lesser degree than their primary stat as the existing tooltips were not very specific. This is just a tooltip change.
  • Updated Ionic Reverb's tooltip to state that it scales primarily off of recovery and partially off of endurance as the old tooltip suggested it scaled equally off of both. This is just a tooltip change.
  • Fixed some additional tooltips with the new powers.
  • Fixed a bug where Particle Wave could not apply Unity stacks.
  • Fixed a bug where Particle Smash was unable to reapply Disintegrate if it was already active on the target.
  • Fixed a bug where the Grasping Hand advantage on Rocket Punch caused the power to not deal damage.
  • Fixed a bug where the FX for Overheat did not display on high ranking enemies, this is just a fx change.
  • Cupid's Arrow and Mistletoe now apply the same effect to prevent players from multi stacking health buffs.
  • Cupid's Arrow values are unchanged.
  • The Fire All Weapons temp device is no longer tagged as an ultimate power.
  • Fixed a bug were Quantum Stabilizer did not buff ranged damage.

Costume
  • Added glow to ravenswood helmet eyes.
  • Added cloth and leather to the spartan lion left male bracers.
  • Added cloth and leather to the helmet protector mouth accessory.
  • Added additional color channels to the victorian dress.
  • Added a couple weapon skins for laser swords to the tailor.
  • Added Parka Hood Up Fur and Parka Hood Up as rare drops to Hunter Patriots.
  • Fixed a shading issue with the cartoon cat and dog ears.

Winter Event
  • The Misfit Toy daily has been dropped down to 50 toys. Lowered the reward to 35 tokens. Known Issue: The toys are not counting outside of Millennium City. This will be corrected next week.
  • Added a very small chance for stockings to drop tokens.
  • Added Coal Eyes and Carrot nose costumes as a potential drop from presents.
  • Added tacos as a drop to stockings.
  • Added Stick Arms, Snowman Body, Gadget Bot, Coal Eyes and Carrot nose costumes to the winter store. Known issue: The Gadget Bot head for females has some weighting issues on the back of the head. This will be corrected next week.
  • Added Arctic Wolf action figure to the winter store.
  • Added Frostbite and Frost Spirit vehicles to the winter store. Known Issue: These are MK1 vehicles even though they claim they're MK2. This will be corrected next week.
  • Mistletoe's buff duration lowered to 20 seconds (from 300).
  • Silver Bell now applies the Inspiration damage buff instead of its old buff.
  • Super Temp Snowballs can now stack to 20.
  • Fixed MK2 Winter event vehicles being bind to account on pickup.
  • Fixed a bug where one of the giant stacks of presents in Millennium City were floating.
  • Fixed a bug where a present could occasionally not give out a gift.

Vendors
  • Removed travel power unlocks from the UNTIL token store.
  • Added these travel powers to the Questionite store.
  • Added preview images to Gold/Silver Champion Recognition powers.
  • Added preview images to the travel powers added to the Questionite store.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the new travel power items did not show up in the auction house power section. All newly added ones will.
  • Elder Worm Gem fragments quest items will now automatically go into your inventory.
  • Updated the tooltips of winter consumables and a few other consumables to be easier to read.
  • Made an additional change to the alert queues that should help with them getting stuck.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Lots of YAY here.

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    ... Is the Alert not up yet? The daily is boring. Might as well not have turned the event on until next week if there's nothing else to do for it for the first two weeks.

Boo. No prism athletics.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    sterga said:

... Is the Alert not up yet? The daily is boring. Might as well not have turned the event on until next week if there's nothing else to do for it for the first two weeks.

Boo. No prism athletics.​​

According to the news page, the Clarence Event starts next week:

"Starting December 22nd to January 5th, players can battle Clarence, the giant teddy bear, and Black Harlequin, who has turned the abandoned foundry into a workshop to create deadly toys! But this time something is different, as Clarence seems to have brought along some strange friends!"
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    50 toys for 35 tokens is, IMO, a vast improvement over 100 toys for 40 tokens. Thank you immeasurably, especially since now I have to grind even more tokens for both the vehicle I want and a new Bot head. :smile:​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I was waiting for the alert and clarence as well
    at least the daily will be faster now
    I don't like how the character who was doing the daily before the servers went down lost all his progress, and currently cannot take the daily back because it was put on Cooldown

BUG? The Snowman Body doesn't unlock for Females
    Added a very small chance for stockings to drop tokens.

I just opened more than 100 Stocks and got 8 Winter Charm

GEEZUS Guys don't be so generous , you are spoiling us onion-30.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Also why do Steampunk Mustache (Bushy) and Steampunk Mustache (Pointy) show as not-unlocked to me? I have unlocked them years ago​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    8 out of 100 is actually good
  • pallas0001pallas0001 Posts: 157 Arc User
    Thank you kaizerin and the team for continuing to do so much for the game. Its honestly great to see things worked on and implemented. :)

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    avianos said:

Also why do Steampunk Mustache (Bushy) and Steampunk Mustache (Pointy) show as not-unlocked to me? I have unlocked them years ago​​

sounds like the same bug as the Halloween costumes. They show as unlocked only if unlocked through the store. Thus the icon checks that method of unlock, not costume availability.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    BUG: It still takes about a same amount of time to gather about a same amount of Charms that it did before the amount reduction of defeated toys requiered in Misfit Toys daily. Give or take few minutes/charms.
    :#:)​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    how does that work? Are you getting a lowered number of toy soldier spawns?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    You can't get credit for toys outside of millennium city
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    how does that work? Are you getting a lowered number of toy soldier spawns?
    No.
    I got around 100 charms when defeating 100 toys for the daily before the patch. Now i need to defeat around 50 more to get around same amount of charms i got from the 100 after doing the daily. In around same amount of time, about an hour (fastest one i did before patch was around 30 minutes). So if you're doing just the daily, you get less charms. Daily cooldown is still the 20 hours. Thats why the 'BUG' and ' :#:) '.​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

So if you're doing just the daily, you get less charms.

Assuming you don't alt and just do the daily separate on two characters. If there's more than one thing you want from the store that's an account unlock, you might as well split things up. Don't even need to do it with a level 40.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    kyastral said:

"Starting December 22nd to January 5th, players can battle Clarence, the giant teddy bear, and Black Harlequin, who has turned the abandoned foundry into a workshop to create deadly toys! But this time something is different, as Clarence seems to have brought along some strange friends!"

Which is how it's always been in previous years (or at least the last four that I've experienced). I'm a little shocked at these veterans saying "but I was expecting it up". Why? It never was before. It was First Week: Here's a bare tree!; Second Week: We decorated it!; Third week the Alert and Clarence show up and presents (although I'm fuzzy on when the presents used to appear. I don't think it was first week, though).

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    I'm so mad right now! (Playfully speaking of course)
    I worked HARD to get my Super Snowball Permanent device From non token dropping stockings, to 100 toys just to get the daily, Only to have them reduced and now able to give tokens upon opening stockings.

Dang it!

kyastral said:

Which is how it's always been in previous years (or at least the last four that I've experienced). I'm a little shocked at these veterans saying "but I was expecting it up". Why? It never was before. It was First Week: Here's a bare tree!; Second Week: We decorated it!; Third week the Alert and Clarence show up and presents (although I'm fuzzy on when the presents used to appear. I don't think it was first week, though).

Yeah, I think the actual *presents* that Santa's Helpers gave out (the purple ones) were given out during the last week(s) of the event. You only get one once a day from them, and then they were still rare drops from opening presents and stockings. I wonder if we will get those again this year.

Personally, I cant wait until the Clarence/Black Harlequin Event becomes available on the test sever so I can see how badly I will get *Teddy ROFL Stomped* this year times 3! :D
    edited December 2016

I'm so mad right now! (Playfully speaking of course)
    I worked HARD to get my Super Snowball Permanent device From non token dropping stockings, to 100 toys just to get the daily, Only to have them reduced and now able to give tokens upon opening stockings.

Dang it!

Don't feel bad about that; the drop rate of the winter charms from the stockings is slim to near nothing (As Kaiserin pointed out). Out of the 27 stacks of stockings I opened today I only recieved 8 charms (4 drops of 2 charms each). It's better to think of those drops as a nice random bonus instead of relying on it as a good source of winter charms.
    it's ok to feel bad about the difficulty of that daily quest though. you pretty much needed to find 100 of the presents to complete the quest.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

More like, why start the event two weeks early if they only thing that's happening is a boring daily? If they're going to have an extra long event, shouldn't there be something better to do than kick the teeth in on low level toys for two weeks?
    **shrugs** That's always been an issue, that the event was started in name only. They gave us SOMETHING to do. Better than the nothing we had before. If you find it boring, just pretend it's like in the past when it didn't exist.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    Some of us question things that could be easily improved. Some of use accept whatever is dumped on our plate.​​
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    thank you, 50 will be a lot easier.
    also I was gathering In MI and Canada before the patch and toys were registering, so it wasn't everyone.
    ok near Renegade run they dont register. near the Kiga are and towards steelhead base they do.​​
    Post edited by chaelk on
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

sterga said:

Some of us question things that could be easily improved. Some of use accept whatever is dumped on our plate.​​

Some of "us" complain constantly about any and everything, and never have anything positive to say.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    ok tried the area again and now they aren't giving any credit. except i finished a box collection there a few days ago.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited December 2016

sterga said:

Some of "us" complain constantly about any and everything, and never have anything positive to say.

Some of us love hyperbole and promoting a 'them and us' narrative.
    kaizerin said:

Added additional color channels to the victorian dress.
    ​​
    It took years but it's finally fixed. Thank you Kai :)

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2016
    kaizerin said:

Added additional color channels to the victorian dress.
    ​​
    Maybe this shirt next?

EDIT: the shirt is "Formal for Jackets". It has details(a collar, a ruffle that goes up the middle) that look like they should be colorable, but aren't.
    Post edited by markhawkman on
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Silver Bell now applies the Inspiration damage buff instead of its old buff.

BUG: Silver Bell doesn't apply anything if you are targeting an enemy target

BUG: Silver Bell doesn't work when you are in a team up group
    ​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Is it me or is the tree added to the center of Ren Cen being a resource hog?
    qawsada wrote: »
    Is it me or is the tree added to the center of Ren Cen being a resource hog?

Every time I log in, I get reduced textures x2 because RenCen is a freaking Lagmine during events :|​​
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    kaizerin: "Removed travel power unlocks from the UNTIL token store."

Why? There weren't very many there, what was the point?
    They are in a better place, Q-Store.
    kaizerin: "Removed travel power unlocks from the UNTIL token store."

Why? There weren't very many there, what was the point?

The point is that its NOT worth farming 975 UNTIL tokens for them​​
    Hmm...good point avianos. I definitely don't like that price, considering you get tokens one at a time. I'll just stick with plain old flight.
    well... it cost Q now
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Which isn't an improvement of any kind, but I guess they have to be somewhere.
    It's an improvement. A lot easier to collect Q than Until.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    Very much an improvement over the 900+ recognition.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    Has anyone ever gotten 900+ recognition and if they have they need to get out more.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
    I'm finding I'm getting around just short of 300 running my characters to 40 using Alerts since the change-over.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • lisaladyartemislisaladyartemis Posts: 16 Arc User
    kaizerin said:

Powers

Made an additional change to the alert queues that should help with them getting stuck.

​​
    Many of us who like doing alerts in team do NOT like the changes made to alerts. When we make a TEAM to do alerts we do so because we ALL want to do them together. The new changes keep teams from staying together thus there is no point in bothering to make a team. I understand that if we ALL accept there is a pretty good chance of us being in the same alert, but we often find one of our members ends up in a different group than us, maybe cuz they didnt hit accept fast enough. We liked it better when it was all or no one. please fix this.

kaizerin said:

Powers

Made an additional change to the alert queues that should help with them getting stuck.

​​
    Many of us who like doing alerts in team do NOT like the changes made to alerts. When we make a TEAM to do alerts we do so because we ALL want to do them together. The new changes keep teams from staying together thus there is no point in bothering to make a team. I understand that if we ALL accept there is a pretty good chance of us being in the same alert, but we often find one of our members ends up in a different group than us, maybe cuz they didnt hit accept fast enough. We liked it better when it was all or no one. please fix this.

Are you serious? Hmm....

I don't do alerts, I mostly solo. (That's why I have little to no questionite.) Hearing stuff like this isn't going to encourage me to enter any queues.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    In my experience, the changes made in December are more likely to keep teams together. Also, you can now queue a team for Hero Games and have it stay together.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    nepht said:

Has anyone ever gotten 900+ recognition and if they have they need to get out more.

I've had 1000 UNTIL recognition on Masquerade before, she's my main farming toon, and I only know I had 1000 because I discovered that that was it's hard cap. This was before the big revamps of the recognition store, before the price hikes, and I was at a loss for what to spend it on. I just bought a bunch of mods boxes and put whatever I unlocked in my bank.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    I haven't done alerts in awhile, but does this mean that if I group with a friend and queue us for one, there's a chance we won't end up in the same alert even though we're grouped? If so, that's kind of garbage...​​
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    It's likely a bug from trying to fix the "stuck" alerts. I doubt it's intentional.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png