test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Very Unofficial State of the Game, November 2016

Comments

• kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    The Devs are definitely trying. I have not been a fan of everything they are doing, but I give them props for doing more with CO than anyone else has done in years.

That being said, I think CO will have to make it to console if the game is ever going to get the investment needed to give us things like new zones, completely new power sets, etc.

• biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

When you say things like "Champions is running out of time" with total certainty, it really doesn't sound like you want them to "pull it together." You come off as a total shill for Valiance every time you post. If you keep it up, posting about how Champions is doomed while Valiance is the only hope, I'll be deleting your posts since all you're doing is stirring the pot.

I think VO can be great, but it can also be horrible. If you feel threatened by VO, go ahead and delete my post. At the end of the day I am still handsome and quite wealthy. I am certain I will not lose any sleep over some deleted post dude, do what you gotta do.

VO and CoT can top 200 population, sorry.

CO is not doing well.

I am not going to whiteknight the situation and we all know why you are still sour. If you want to flex your virtual muscles, go right ahead my man. I have moved on from those comments, told you what i had to say. obviously it hurt you and a few others because your post are full of animosity.

Remove me from the boards while you are at it dude.

Come on man, it is a forum dude, there are plenty others, with games that are producing actual fresh classes, powers, and new content.

Yea I do want Champions Online to succeed, i also want CoT to succeed, and even DC, the more hero games the merrier.

If that bothers you, get over it or remove the post and/or me.

But please understand that you let another man get to you. I am minding my own business, you are obviously still mad.

Oh boy, that's a lot of assumption on your part.

I didn't say that I'd be deleting your posts because I feel threatened or that someone "got to me." I stated plainly that...

You know what, you do this every single time. I say "apple" and you read "airplane".

Every single time you post about Valiance, you also post about how Champions is doomed. The only thing that does is cause people to start arguing because you're trying to predict the future of a game that people around here obviously like using your own guesses and assumptions and stating them as facts. No one is threatened by you or your little game. My only concern here is that you stop flamebaiting. Talk about Valiance all you want, just don't incite arguments, and your posts with all the same opinions will stay right where they are.

If you can't understand that and continue posting the way you are, I'll clean up your posts. If history is any sort of indicator, I'm guessing that you'll read something completely different than what I posted, and some cleanup is in my future.

Also congratulations on being healthy and handsome. I'm completely impressed.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    "State of the game" refers to this game, not MH, not DCUO and certainly not vaporware games. You can quit being a shill for other games anytime now. And no, I don't buy your claim about wanting to see this game improve or get better. Your main interest around here is telling other people that you know better than them, as you've done so in another infamous thread. I guess since VO isn't getting a Jan release like you've so confidently claimed, you're now choosing the easiest alternative choices like MH and DCUO to avoid looking like a complete embarrasment eh?
    edited December 2016
    Feel free to point out where in a thread talking about things related to CO and what can be improved, where I said other games were superior products to CO by making a personal list, and made hyperbolic statements like "CO is running out of time" like you have. I'll wait.

I don't care if you feel the need to start another VO thread. If you want to start another circle jerk and insult people who give reasonable feedback on VO, go ahead. You say you're being treated unfairly by mods? Heck, considering that you've gotten away with calling people delusional fanboys, accuse them of some sort of immoral behavior for not supporting that game, and calling them abuse victims for sticking with CO in the past, I think its high time you need to be brought in check.

• nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    a1fighter said:

"State of the game" refers to this game, not MH, not DCUO and certainly not vaporware games. You can quit being a shill for other games anytime now. And no, I don't buy your claim about wanting to see this game improve or get better. Your main interest around here is telling other people that you know better than them, as you've done so in another infamous thread. I guess since VO isn't getting a Jan release like you've so confidently claimed, you're now choosing the easiest alternative choices like MH and DCUO to avoid looking like a complete embarrasment eh?

The product of Champions online is reflective of the moderation.

A freaking mod is constantly getting into virtual fights with people? Is this how you want to be represented? And people wonder why this game is where it is today. The quality is reflective of the moderation, they don't care, appoint anyone as a moderator.

Now about your comments, the irony of you saying this thread is not about other games, but bring up other games in threads past.

actually, VO is pushing the alpha phase this month, like I said, those who put money on the project are testing while others wait, but "State of the game" refers to this game, not MH, not DCUO and certainly not vaporware games.

I don't work for SH, so i do not know when the atcual game will be released, but i said alpha specifically and it is.

I did not make another VO, cause people are threaten, so i just left it alone.

Do you guys want VO discussion? Sounds like you do, I can make another one and rub it in, but it aint my style, unless you want another thread. I aint backing off. I will gladly make another one and show you all the progress, but of course the same folks telling others to stay on topic will rile up and hijack the thread like they are doing now.

if you three want to continue derailing, and a freaking mod derailing threads of all people, gheesh, go right ahead, but to respect the OP, I am not going back and forth with you all anymore.

First up Smackwell is the CM a guy that makes sure there is not stuff like trolling or hate speech or SELF PROMOTION ( like you obviously do and no use saying your not involved in VO we are on to you ) he is doing the job he VOLUNTEERED to do and does it well. He puts up with all the BS for free with no pay with no in game benefits.
    Smack tells me to shut up , deletes or edits my posts all the time and you don't see me losing my sh*t over it.

Second you are the only person on these forums that can derail a thread quicker than I can.

Thirdly this is a forum Mr Snowflake for people that enjoy CO if you don't like people who enjoy CO telling you they dont like or share your views .....

*edit* Mother of Zod this was one of Thundrax's happy threads. Even me, Foxi and Sills were just messing around your such a buzzkill.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    Smacky, it's not "sounds like" - a1 is a shill for a vaporware game. Thought he made that pretty plain in that thread that had to be closed, under Off Topic.​​
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Monster we gonna have to call you Teddy Bear Hero. Don't you go soft on us!
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

A freaking mod is constantly getting into virtual fights with people?

No, a freaking mod is giving you chance after chance of explaining to you how to post without flame baiting so your posts about the game you're trying to prop up so much can stay up without moderation, and also asking you to go ahead and open up a new thread about the same topic, because I fully welcome you to it because it's worthwhile discussion, but under the guidelines that you don't troll/flame/condescend to other posters (because this is something I act against regardless of the opinions being presented by the poster, whether pro- or anti-Champions) because that's the thing I'm pretty sure I'm here to do. But you take my warnings of "don't flame bait" as "I'm offended" and call it virtual fights?

Honestly I think I give you way too much slack.
    biffsig.jpg
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Why isn't this guy just perma-banned?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited December 2016
    a1fighter said:

I know some of you are angry due to the current state of the game, and the progress and potential of the DCUO, Marvel heroes Online and the "Vaporware" games, but I am going try an get this thread back on track.

If I wanted to listen to a butthole I'd fart.

They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User

Why isn't this guy just perma-banned?

I guess he's careful to stay just barely on this side of the line?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2016
    a1fighter said:

I know some of you are angry due to the current state of the game, and the progress and potential of the DCUO, Marvel heroes Online and the "Vaporware" games, but I am going try an get this thread back on track.

Riiiight, because you absolutely had nothing to do with pissing people off.

Just so you know, people who have a vested interest in this game and not those other games might not even care about their progress and "potential", because those other games simply do not have what CO has or do what CO does better in certain areas for this game's players, otherwise they would have made the jump long before. I mean, could it be that players don't want the more limited customization options in DCUO and don't want to play a glorified sidekick? Or maybe they don't want to play premade superheroes in Marvel Heroes with little to zero customization and don't want to play a Diablo-like game. Are these so hard-to-grasp concepts?

Oh, and vaporware games have to actually exist to show potential of any kind, and no, concept pictures, a few screenshots and a barely functioning alpha do not count.

But since you're so adamant about CO's state being sooooo horrible as you make it out to be, this is probably going to go over your head.
    a1fighter said:

Cause there is usually the same 15 people online.

They need to find a way to get others to play, and not milk the same 15 people.

I still say they should take donations for specific fan requested projects.

Cryptic isn't going to take donations from random people so that they can act like shareholders and expect the company to do whatever its asked of them. Furthermore PWE is providing funding for Cryptic, and I highly doubt they want to people outside of the company to have some decision-making power to intervene.

Even indie companies that put up kickstarters already let their donators know what the development goals are before expecting anyone to donate and don't fully promise that they'll do whatever the heck donators ask them to do with the game.

And seriously, stop using the term "milking" so much. Stop always referring to people as cows. It's insulting.
    edited December 2016
    Guys what would this guy do?

Thundrax's original post was full of good ideas and thats what should be getting the attention.

*Yeah Nupht is trying to get a thread back on track your not seeing things and it wont happen again*
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    nepht wrote: »
    Guys what would this guy do?
    TinyThundrax.jpg
    Don't talk to me or my son ever again!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    Cryptic should have enough money to do more with CO if they wanted to. NWO and STO aren't exactly low pop games. All that's ever been done with CO is taking resources for the other two games. Asking for donation would just make Cryptic look like a colossal sleaze bag company. Perfect World has even more money than that. They too could do more with CO if they wanted to.

The biggest problem with CO was never funds, but leadership. Throwing money at Cryptic won't change that.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
    a1fighter said:

sterga said:

Cryptic should have enough money to do more with CO if they wanted to. NWO and STO aren't exactly low pop games. All that's ever been done with CO is taking resources for the other two games. Asking for donation would just make Cryptic look like a colossal sleaze bag company. Perfect World has even more money than that. They too could do more with CO if they wanted to.

The biggest problem with CO was never funds, but leadership. Throwing money at Cryptic won't change that.​​

So, they pretty much feel investing in CO is a waste at this point due to the low pop, hence they are using the $$$ from CO to improve more populated projects? Sound business move, though bad for us, the players.

They pretty much gave up on the players, how long before the loyal start to give up on them. I don't know the extent of their funds, but if this is truly the case, I don't know how fans fans defend this.

These new archetypes feel eerily similar, just saying.
    sounds like speculation to me. Since when do we know their revenues/expenses?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2016
    Some people STILL try to get Cryptic's fans angry for some reason. It wont work. Why you ask? Cryptic in its history has never made an MMO that has failed. If CO was to shut tonight it would have been up since 2009 and the game would still be classed as a success.

So heres Nupht's state of the game : Sh*ts good yo.
    a1fighter wrote: »
    So, they pretty much feel investing in CO is a waste at this point due to the low pop, hence they are using the $$$ from CO to improve more populated projects? Sound business move, though bad for us, the players.

No. Perfect World's policy is to develop games based on the income they produce. (from Tumorboy) This was probably not Atari's policy. (They did get sued by Turbine over this very issue.) Back in the day, STO needed help and those devs moved from CO never came back. A lot of damage was already done to CO by the time PW bought Cryptic.

CO today uses the money from players to keep the game "chugging along". This game will stay open as long as it pays for itself even if there are only 50 people left playing the game. That's the only real benefit for players of being owned by PW.
    Since when do we know their revenues/expenses?

Some thing are common sense. Would Cryptic even have licences to NWO and STO if they weren't doing well? Or doing console launches? Or launching in China? Do you think PW would be barfing out more games if they didn't have any money? Or buying studios? There is no way I believe that Cryptic or PW doesn't have the money to fund a project or two for CO if they wanted to.

It's not about making people angry, it's about being realistic. PW probably doesn't care much about CO because it has hard core fans keeping the game in the black. There are no license holder to please and no need to invest extra money or resources into the game.

People have been saying CO has potential for years and nothing ever comes from it. Next year, people will still be saying CO has potential. You know what OnSlaught had? Potential. Now it's just another abandoned project. Like the Nem System. Like Comic Series. Like Adventure packs. And like hideouts. CO has had potential for seven years now. No one has done anything with that potential in all of this time.​​
    edited December 2016
    Perfect World is like China's Activision http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-pictures-renamed-perfect-world-creating-chinas-largest-ever-movie-and-game-conglomerate-300303120.html

Money wise PW is rolling in it. They aint a small studio. They would LAUGH at the thought of crowd funding. This is really good for us.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

sterga said:

No, that's your speculation. Other speculation might be that they have to show improvement all the time to keep the other IPs happy. CO is "owned" by Cryptic, so they don't have other people to keep happy there. And I'm sure there's more.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    a1fighter said:

CO will not recover, it is not sensible to invest in a mmo with a little over 200 players. Can anybody blame them?

You have zero idea what the population is, and that goes for everyone. Stop talking like you do.

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
    edited December 2016
    sterga wrote: »
    People have been saying CO has potential for years and nothing ever comes from it. Next year, people will still be saying CO has potential. You know what OnSlaught had? Potential. Now it's just another abandoned project. Like the Nem System. Like Comic Series. Like Adventure packs. And like hideouts. CO has had potential for seven years now. No one has done anything with that potential in all of this time.
    I always felt that Champions online has POTENTIAL, I say to everyone who ask me about CO that this game has GREAT POTENTIAL to be the best character costumization and action MMO in the market, only for DEVs and the Company to NOT do anything about it

and I will be honest, i don't believe the end game are aiming for the right direction, there is something wrong with the cosmics which kill the whole idea of CO and "Be the Hero you want"

as for Onslaught, for me it was the WORST update we even got
    Forced PvP, Bugs, Exploits, Glitches, Forced PvP, Unbalance, Grinding Rewards, FORCED PVP, Power Unlocks which are overwelming and bugged (except Lance Rain, but it has issues) Scambag players who were Griefing events because DEVs didn't made them Foolproof (never forget Clarence last year, those @holes never got punished for griefing)

and not to mention the VILLAIN side is one sided, everyone who is non-tank is meant to get sacrificed

this update was Disgusting​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    avianos said:

sterga wrote: »

People have been saying CO has potential for years and nothing ever comes from it. Next year, people will still be saying CO has potential. You know what OnSlaught had? Potential. Now it's just another abandoned project. Like the Nem System. Like Comic Series. Like Adventure packs. And like hideouts. CO has had potential for seven years now. No one has done anything with that potential in all of this time.

I always felt that Champions online has POTENTIAL, I say to everyone who ask me about CO that this game has GREAT POTENTIAL to be the best character costumization and action MMO in the market, only for DEVs and the Company to NOT do anything about it

and I will be honest, i don't believe the end game are aiming for the right direction, there is something wrong with the cosmics which kill the whole idea of CO and "Be the Hero you want"

Forced PvP, Bugs, Exploits, Glitches, Forced PvP, Unbalance, Grinding Rewards, FORCED PVP, Power Unlocks which are overwelming and bugged (except Lance Rain, but it has issues) Scambag players who were Griefing events because DEVs didn't made them Foolproof (never forget Clarence last year, those @holes never got punished for griefing)

and not to mention the VILLAIN side is one sided, everyone who is non-tank is meant to get sacrificed

-----------------------

I actually liked the Onslaught update, but it should have been instanced from the start. It would have been easier to balance the issues (pvp and non-pvp related) that it brought out.

For some reason the devs seem to think open world works for everything. Even WoW has shown that is not the case.

Yes, it is FINE if some stuff is instanced, as it makes it easier to balance.

The max zone pop drops when Cosmics dropped I think was the compromise for this. It's also why they cap the zones during the Halloween event. This to me makes me think alot of things would be easier if they were instanced.

It doesn't surprise me that Onslaught has pretty much not gone anywhere in terms of development or level of use.
    Post edited by darqaura2 on
    No, that's your speculation. Other speculation might be that they have to show improvement all the time to keep the other IPs happy. CO is "owned" by Cryptic, so they don't have other people to keep happy there. And I'm sure there's more.

Um, no. Cryptic devs really did get shuffled over to STO while it was with Atari. Turbine really did sue Atari over a similar issue. Atari isn't exactly the poster child for ethic. Hinky stuff has been a part of CO since it was being developed. This is public stuff that can be looked up (news reports / court documents / eye witnesses / forum posts from devs).

Speculation is saying the devs that were working on this game for OnSlaught were moved back to STO / NWO / Mothership Zeta and only Kai works on this game full time. This is stuff that was never talked about publicly and can only be inferred. (It could be verified, but certainly isn't worth my effort to investigate.)

You can't make console ports without money. You can't retool a game for a launch in China without money. IP holder pull licences for not making money or don't renew the licences when the contract is up. Not speculation.​​
    Onslaught PVP is not forced. It's perfectly possible to do it solo play. Takes about 13 days at 15 minutes a day to get one piece.

Now, was Onslaught poorly thought out and implemented, yes, I agree.
    avianos said:

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited December 2016
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Onslaught PVP is not forced. It's perfectly possible to do it solo play. Takes about 13 days at 15 minutes a day to get one piece.

Now, was Onslaught poorly thought out and implemented, yes, I agree.

I know that, that's how i got all my OSV Secondaries, by farming Defenders, takes 1 and a Half month for all 3 Secondaries
    but you cannot deny its faster when you fight actual players, so the pvp method is faster than the pve one

really poorly implemented​​
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Onslaught was super fun when it came out. It assumes a certain amount of participation....and when we get that amount it's fantastic.
    I much prefer the solo route. I hate fighting for a long time surrounded by unkillable tanks and not getting the full 50 points I need. Way too irritating and unfun. If that happens too often it ends up taking longer than solo play. Solo you at least can be sure you are going to get your points.
    avianos said:

I know that, that's how i got all my OSV Secondaries, by farming Defenders, takes 1 and a Half month for all 3 Secondaries

but you cannot deny its faster when you fight actual players, so the pvp method is faster than the pve one

really poorly implemented​​

JwLmWoa.png
    sterga said:

CO has had potential for seven years now. No one has done anything with that potential in all of this time.​​

Right... they haven't added anything... especially not OVs or Nemeses, or Qliphotic maps, or Mechanon.....
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2016
    anything... especially not OVs or Nemeses, or Qliphotic maps, or Mechanon.....
    Really? Really now?

Nemesis was YEARS ago, before the game was even F2P, now it was left to die and suffer with BUGs, it's a forgotten project
    Mechanon was boring, it added nothing new to the game and failed to represent Machanon to all his glory
    OSV was a disaster for the things i said the previous page
    Qliphotic is just a recycled map with difficulty spike and purple filters, it adds nothing new to the table except of being a source for SCR farming and End game boss fails

and LOOK at the Time Period between them​​
    edited December 2016
    avianos said:

Mechanon was boring, it added nothing new to the game and failed to represent Machanon to all his glory

OSV was a disaster for the things i said the previous page

Qliphotic is just a recycled map with difficulty spike and purple filters, it adds nothing new to the table except of being a source for SCR farming and End game boss fails

and LOOK at the Time Period between them​​

Though I agree with your basic point Avianos Markhawkman's point was over the last 7 years there has been actual updates. Which is true.

But like you said a large chunk of them have been boring.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    ^ and abandoned.

Nemesis! Abandoned
    Comic Series! Abandoned
    Space Station! Abandoned
    Onslaught! Abandoned
    New zone! TBD

^ and abandoned.

Nemesis! Abandoned

Comic Series! Abandoned

Space Station! Abandoned

Onslaught! Abandoned

New zone! TBD

Indeed updates are pointless if they are never finished.
    ^ and abandoned.

Nemesis! Abandoned
    Comic Series! Abandoned
    Space Station! Abandoned
    Onslaught! Abandoned
    New zone! TBD

197.gif​​
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    sterga said:

CO has had potential for seven years now. No one has done anything with that potential in all of this time.​​

What a fantastically nebulous statement that ultimately means nothing. "Potential" great buzz word s( O u O)=b

^ and abandoned.

Nemesis! Abandoned

Comic Series! Abandoned

Space Station! Abandoned

Onslaught! Abandoned

New zone! TBD

We have a bunch of comic series, nemesis quests, and the onslaught system gives some good stuff. Onslaught basically became pvp-optional, which makes sense. Space station is just a hub for the mechanon quests. It'd be fair the call these things abandoned if they were non-functional, but fact is they are in the game and are just as playable and relevant as canada, desert, vibora bay, and millenium city zones are. Nemesis and comic series are basically just parts of the level up game, and onslaught is just a permanent event with some rewards. You might have something in mind that you think these things should have been, and sure everything in the history of ever could be expanded beyond its current size, but to claim that these things are abandoned simply because they're not as large a part of the game as you think they should be is inaccurate.

Right... they haven't added anything... especially not OVs or Nemeses, or Qliphotic maps, or Mechanon.....

That's not what I said. "Potential" does not mean "hasn't added anything".
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

^ and abandoned.

Nemesis! Abandoned

Comic Series! Abandoned

Space Station! Abandoned

Onslaught! Abandoned

New zone! TBD

Amen, Brother rat!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2016
    spinnytop said:

We have a bunch of comic series, nemesis quests, and the onslaught system gives some good stuff. Onslaught basically became pvp-optional, which makes sense. Space station is just a hub for the mechanon quests. It'd be fair the call these things abandoned if they were non-functional, but fact is they are in the game and are just as playable and relevant as canada, desert, vibora bay, and millenium city zones are. Nemesis and comic series are basically just parts of the level up game, and onslaught is just a permanent event with some rewards. You might have something in mind that you think these things should have been, and sure everything in the history of ever could be expanded beyond its current size, but to claim that these things are abandoned simply because they're not as large a part of the game as you think they should be is inaccurate.

Gonna pull a random thing out mah butt here. You know hideouts, never finished. Still got hidden rooms that will never be used. Hero games Crush was half way through adding stuff then Cryptic moved him onto other games. That bloody Whiteout story arc left on a cliff hanger that never got elaborated on.

Oh and lets not forget the fact Cryptic has never done anything decent with Dr Destroyer >_>