test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20161122.2024.1 - More Laser Sword/Powerarmor Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Misc
  • New Loading Screen art
  • Fixed a bug where the alert UI screen had smushed buttons.

Archetypes
Automaton
Fixed a bug where its signature moves did not display correctly.
Now Ego/Con/Int
Now has its own unique talent.
  • 1 Wrist Bolter
  • 1 Power Gauntlet OR Tactical Missiles
  • 6 Targeting Computer
  • 8 Rocket Punch OR Binding Shot
  • 11 Concentration
  • 14 Mini Mines OR Particle Mine
  • 17 Chest Beam
  • 21 Cybernetic Tether OR Energy Wave
  • 25 Molecular Self Assembly
  • 30 Energy Shield OR Force Shield
  • 35 Nanobot Swarm or Unbreakable
  • 40 Implosion Engine OR Orbital Cannon

New Archetype: Cybernetic Warrior
Has placeholder costume and icons.
Known issue: This archetype cannot currently select its energy builder.
  • 1 Laser Edge
  • 1 Laser Sword
  • 6 Lightspeed Dash
  • 8 -Passive-
  • 11 Lightwave Slash OR Cybernetic tether
  • 14 Particle Accelerator
  • 17 Luminescent Slash
  • 21 Particle Wave OR Energy Wave
  • 25 Unified Theory
  • 30 Laser Deflection
  • 35 Electric Sheathe OR Masterful Dodge
  • 40 Particle Smash OR Plasma Cutter

Power Changes
  • Fixed a bug where eyebeams could not apply Burn Through.
  • Corrected tooltips on Concussor Beam and Dual Barrage to state that they can only repel up to a certain distance.
  • Particle Rifle can now apply Plasma Burn on the initial hit.
  • Fixed a bug where some powers could not trigger Wind Reverberation against high ranking targets.
  • Made some adjustments to the energy scaling for: Conjuring, Wild Thing, Mephitic, Unified Theory, Overdrive.
  • Changed Particle Wave to require a target.
  • Burn Through and Plasma Burn are now typed as 'Radiation' effects.
  • Went through all powers that apply these effects and updated their tooltips.
  • Fixed a bug where the Plasma Burn from Orbital Cannon did not counts as yours.
  • Fixed a bug where a number of powers did not work with Overdrive.
  • Fixed a bug where Power Bolts was incorrectly tagged as a Force power.

Particle Accelerator
  • Now applies Unity.
  • Unity boosts your melee and ranged damage and scales off of Intelligence.
  • Now triggers off of Radiation effects.
  • Fixed a typo where the melee and ranged bonus was flipped in the description.

Unified Theory
  • Now triggers off of Radiation effects.

Power Gauntlet
  • Increased the interrupt chance.
  • Similar to the Ice cage interrupt, if a target is interrupted they cannot be interrupted again for a short duration.

Chest Laser
  • Now has access to the Melta Cannon advantage.
  • Added a chest glow to Chest Laser's fx.

Dual Barrage
  • Now has access to the Frenetic Blast advantage.
  • Fixed a bug where it could be used while blocking.

Rocket Punch
  • Changed to a area effect.
  • Note: Values have not been updated.
  • Now has a chance to knock inherently.
  • New Advantage: Grasping Hand. Roots instead of knocks.

Plasma Cutter
  • Now has its values.
  • On full charge consumes all Plasma Burn. After 6 seconds, deals damage based on number consumed in a small aoe. Damage partially ignores shields and dodge. During this time you cannot apply any plasma burn stacks.

Meltdown
  • Now has its values.
  • Applies 5 stacks of Plasma Burn over time.
  • Knocks down targets

Lightwave Slash
  • Now has its values.
  • No longer applies Particle Burn, now knocks down on full charge.
  • New Advantage: Refreshes a portion of Burn Through.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Wow, that's a huge revamp for Automaton
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Made some adjustments to the energy scaling for: Conjuring, Wild Thing, Mephitic, Unified Theory, Overdrive.
    I really hope this change was for the best... even with a lot of END Wild Thing and Mephitic Energy over time wasn't satisfying

Please tell me Overdrive WORKS now for PA with REC​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Cybernetic Warrior? Maybe just "The Hacker"?

Melee form of intelligence = good. But otoh l'm pretty sad that no new powers, like suitable AoE maintain for laser swords or new form. Utilizing Might cyclone for LS tanking - it can't be more off.
  • datboosterdatbooster Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have concerns about Chest Laser. I know the aestetic you were going for with it matching plasma burn and other effects but it does not match concussor, plasma, eyebeam, or even the new Hand Cannon. The VFX Should match the other lasers, because running eyebeam, concussor, and chest laser, right now, looks odd.

I have never posted on the forum before, but this was something that really bugged me when i tested it on the test server.
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Int scaling is interesting. It is a change that will open up a totally new direction for melee building that utilizes lower cooldown times and choice of using a different spec tree - I just hope it preforms well :tongue:

I don't get the change with particle wave requiring a target. Powers that do not require targets are fun, I hope you consider changing it back if there isn't some technical reason for the change.

Suggestion:
    Frost Speed could use an vfx of ice spikes coming up out of the ground on rank 2 or 3. There are many ice vfxs, I think Frost speed could look a little better.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Bug:
    Dual Wrist Rocket Barrage doesn't scale with ranks yet.
  • stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    I really appreciate the change in the form scaling! however it still raises the problem of the form and energy unlock scaling off 2 entirely different stats. Please consider allowing Unified Theory to scale off INT as well as END.

Form and EU having two different stat scalings only works well if one uses a damage stat and one uses an energy stat. INT and END are both energy stats which makes it inferior to other melee sets by default. Just make both use INT. Nice and simple.

No high tier, single energy gun competitive with 2gun for the new set? Boo.
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Int scaling is interesting. It is a change that will open up a totally new direction for melee building that utilizes lower cooldown times and choice of using a different spec tree - I just hope it preforms well :tongue:

Str PSS is still better for melee than Int PSS except maybe if it's a build that is not going to take heavy damage. A str / con / int build isn't exactly a huge change outside of less defense and knock resistance. Juggy is just too good to pass up most of the time. Damage pen doesn't work against the shields on Warzone mobs. (Which is bullshit.) THAT would make Int a more enticing choice for more than just the "only used during Cosmics" build. The ability to rip though those obnoxious immortality shields at the price of defense? Would at least be worth trying.​​
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    xrazamax wrote: »
    I don't get the change with particle wave requiring a target. Powers that do not require targets are fun, I hope you consider changing it back if there isn't some technical reason for the change.

It proved to be a little annoying if you were elevated since it always shoots in front of you when it did not requires a target. Not requiring a target works well for short range stuff and sphere shapes attacks.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    A few of the core powers at a glance:
    • Lightwave Slash: Both Light Mend and Burn Bright have the exact same tooltip.
    • Luminescent Slash: Radiate applies Open Wound and Bleed rather than any radiation effects.
    • That said, this power still doesn't seem to have a proper place. The combo builds Plasma Burn stacks way faster than the Radiate will when it's fixed, even if the interval is changed from 2 seconds to 1. If people are supposed to build stacks and consume them like Single Weapon MA/Bestial, it makes more sense to just spam the combo to 5, consume, and repeat without even touching this power. Finally, the snare is...fairly irrelevant because Lightspeed Dash (or any other gap closer) applies a longer-lasting one and is usable at range.
    • Plasma Cutter: The new "rupture" seems like a cool idea at first, but in practice, most situations where you'd want an aoe effect (trash pack clearing) will result in the target dying before the blast goes off, rendering it inert and useless. It's not to say the idea of turning your target into a bomb is bad, however there's just too much setup for this to be practical (build stacks, consume stacks to activate, count to 6).
    • Lightwave Slash: Burn Bright refreshes Plasma Burn stacks, but this does not trigger either Unified Theory or Particle Accelerator. This power is still bad and (assuming it was working correctly) requires Burn Bright to sustain itself. And even then, it's a lousy, underwhelming AoE solution.
    • Lightspeed Strike: Currently, the difference in damage between R2 + Particle Accelerator vs R3 is practically nonexistant. Since you should probably have Burn Through for other powers in this set, taking R3 is obviously a trap choice rather than a valid one.
    • Laser Deflection: It's good to see Laser Knight on this power in the form of Data Conversion. However, as long as Laser Knight exists on Energy Shield, this is going to be an inferior choice compared to Energy Shield. (250% base vs 270% base) Also, the Parry "counter attack" effect isn't a particularly interesting side-mechanic. Nothing about this block really stands out and makes me want to take it over the more popular choices right now. Plus, the animation still looks rather bad, but I hope this is just temporary.
    Overall concerns:
    • This framework's AoE is still pretty much trash-tier. Many people who want reliable AoE (myself included) will be looking out-of-set. Both Plasma Cutter and Particle Smash's stack-consume mechanics offer good potential burst, but take too long to set up. Most targets will be dead by the time everything is setup (5 stacks on multiple targets, Plasma Cutter used to set the bomb followed by Particle Smash. It'll be better in most cases to just use something with better range and less setup.
    • A rupture is a rupture. Whether it deals large up-front damage, puts a dot on the target, sets up us the bomb, spawns little green men, or anything else, none of that really matters. From the player's standpoint, they're still counting to 5 while mashing a button, pressing a different button for an effect, rinse repeat. It would really be nice to move away from that to make melee gameplay feel more diverse.
    Here's some suggestions on addressing these concerns:
    • Plasma Cutter: Change the "rupture bomb" effect to neither consume stacks nor inhibit the application of stacks when used. Give the power a short (3-5 sec) cooldown. Require the full charge to use this power because there's no reason to tap it. So basically, you fully charge the power to turn your target into a bomb. What's not to like about that?
    • Lightspeed Strike: Particle Acceleration should just be a baseline effect of this power since it's already a mandatory non-choice for anyone using this set, or this power in general.
    • Particle Smash: Leave out the stack-consume mechanic. To give it something more interesting, this would actually be the perfect power to apply a mass Radiate (chance per tick to apply Plasma Burn) effect to. Or Burn Through. Or perhaps its own, unique Radiation effect (adding the Radiation category was a good move and opens a lot of doors.)
    • Luminescent Slash: This power...I don't know what to think of it really. It doesn't fit anywhere in what I see for a rotation right now. It's either going to need some advantages to make it the ideal cross-framework power, or changed into a maintain for those who prefer that playstyle. Devour Essence is the only single target maintain I'm aware of to date, so there's definitely an open slot for this particular niche. Making it a ranged power (with snare, repel, knockback, stun, plasma burn stack apply, burn through apply, or whatever else) would work too, because who doesn't want to shoot SWORD BEAMS at bad guys?
    • Laser Deflection: Laser Knight needs to probably be removed from Energy Shield since it no longer applies to that framework. More importantly though, its secondary effect is lame at best, as mentioned. This might be a more interesting block if it passively dealt Particle damage to nearby foes like Electric Shield, or if it had an advantage giving it a chance to apply Plasma Burn to nearby targets like Antagonize's Quills. Or it could apply Plasma Burn to targets who attack you, like Ice Shield.
    • New AoE Power - Energy Vortex: I initially wanted to suggest an "Energy Chain" power, but there really are enough chains. Eschewing the RPish description in favor of mechanics, this would be a maintained PBAoE that behaves just like Epidemic, except of course it would use Plasma Burn instead of Deadly Poison. Currently, Epidemic's mechanics are fairly one-of-a-kind (one could argue Hurricane is similar, but it has annoying repel/knock and is thus less useful/more annoying in groups.
    Edit: Whew, this was loner than intended. Hopefully it's not so long...

Ooh I forgot one:
    • Lightwave Slash: This power currently works better with Enrage than it does with Particle Accelerator. In light of this, this power really should just apply 1 stack of Plasma Burn on a full charge.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • kruleskyjojo#6423 kruleskyjojo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    If i cant charge my chest beam with hand slot or shoulder slot i will try to make my power armor in the "other" super hero mmo... starting download.... asking one more time.. leave chest beam as it WAS!!!!!!
    edited November 2016
    dakrushmor wrote: »
    Cybernetic Warrior? Maybe just "The Hacker"?

This AT has NOTHING to do with HACKING​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited November 2016
    avianos said:

This has AT has NOTHING to do with HACKING​​

Except Cybermind uses l4z0r swords.

And hacker & cybernetic warrior are essentially synonyms.
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Suggestion
    I must agree that having the forms and EU scale off of differernt stats, neither being related to damage, is not good for a melee toon. Please make both scale with Int. Pretty please! :D

The rupture on Plasma Cutter is very impractical, since the target has to survive enough hits for five stacks (in most cases), then has to survive Plasma Cutter, then survive six more seconds. The only targets that last that long are bosses, and typically, there aren't any other enemies nearby to take the AoE damage.

If you want the rupture mechanic, just have the AoE be the actual rupture effect.

Also,
    avianos said:

...except, of course, HACKING your enemies to pieces.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    edited November 2016
    Lightwave Slash
    Now has its values.
    No longer applies Particle Burn, now knocks down on full charge.
    New Advantage: Refreshes a portion of Burn Through.
    Laser Sword AoE that doesn't apply PB? this is a really bad choice
    aesica wrote: »
    Laser Deflection: Laser Knight needs to probably be removed from Energy Shield since it no longer applies to that framework. More importantly though, its secondary effect is lame at best, as mentioned. This might be a more interesting block if it passively dealt Particle damage to nearby foes like Electric Shield, or if it had an advantage giving it a chance to apply Plasma Burn to nearby targets like Antagonize's Quills. Or it could apply Plasma Burn to targets who attack you, like Ice Shield.

Laser Knight exist for ALL Melee frameworks, not just Laser Sword
    Laser Knight removal would ruin a lot of tank builds
    dakrushmor wrote: »
    This has AT has NOTHING to do with HACKING

This doesn't translate at all in a Hacker, the only reason this applies to Cybermind is because he is inside a cyberspace for crying out loud
    it's more like a Space Paladin, a Hacker AT would use Gadgeteer
    This has AT has NOTHING to do with HACKING
    ...except, of course, HACKING your enemies to pieces.
    c5f.gif​​
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

I think you may want to look up what "Cybernetic" actually means.
  • thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    How about...The Duelist?
    On a serious note though: how about adding following option to Plazma Burn rupture: enemies, that are caught within rupture explosion sphere, if they have plasma burns, initiate rupture sequence on them once again, and produce AoE in their turn, so Plasma Cutter could launch "chain reaction" so to speak. Seems pretty matching theme, since it's tagged as "Radiation".
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Is the Automaton going to keep the Ego/Overseer/Vindicator specialization trees?

Suggestion:
    If so, could it be changed to have Ego/Avenger/Vindicator instead?
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • frankendreadzfrankendreadz Posts: 75 Arc User
    possible bug?
    particle accelerator only providing buff to melee and not to range damage (unity buff)
    (that what the text says when you hover over the buff icon, when it is active)
    just to inform it does proc', when you do radiation damage (burn through, plasma burn)
    Too bad there aren't some laser sword powers that work with the lightning set. Applying negative ions. Arcing to close enemies when you hit an enemy with negative ions. Like for those powers that people keep asking "why does this exist".

I really just want a Wild Strike power with only the lightning element.​​
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    Mephitic, at least, is much better now; I could see actually using it for some builds. Haven't looked at the other adjusted EUs, but I assume they're similarly improved.

And agreed on needing some synergy between lightning and new laser sword; electric form already boosts particle damage, so this ought to be a natural combination.
    avianos said:

I know, but here's what I'm trying to say:

Energy Shield: 270% block, has the Laser Knight advantage
    Laser Deflection: 250% block, has the Laser Knight advantage (under the name Data Conversion)

Currently, why would anyone take Laser Deflection over Energy Shield?
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    gradii said:

aesica said:

avianos said:

I know, but here's what I'm trying to say:

Energy Shield: 270% block, has the Laser Knight advantage
    Laser Deflection: 250% block, has the Laser Knight advantage (under the name Data Conversion)

Currently, why would anyone take Laser Deflection over Energy Shield?
    How about give laser deflection the same effectiveness as Energy Shield?
    All that does is create 2 blocks that are copies of one another. What's nice about the blocks so far is that each one is different in its own way.

Then again, Laser Deflection is already a copy of Parry--something I hope is only temporary because Parry has one of the most useless side-features of any block power.
    kaizerin said:

• 8 -Passive-

Maybe make something like Radioactive Form for it, that would buff energy damage, grant energy/particle resistance & do some other matching effect, related to Radiation effects. Just with that form all-beam PA to simulate radiation (eye/concussor/chest lazor) would be more theme wise, than w TC/Elec Form.
  • kyastralkyastral Posts: 342 Arc User
    The new loading art looks interesting; however, I think Clarence looks too *cute and cuddly*. In my opinion, he needs a few weapon burn marks, a couple of slashes with stuffing coming out, smoke rising from his body in various parts and more exposed mech parts.
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    Ok, so after giving the patch a poke, al in all it's looking pretty good, just got a few things to mention/comment on

Meltdown: Ranking up the power doesn't increase the damage.. at all, but past that it's good

Plasma Cutter: The bomb mechanic.. on paper looks good, in practice tends to be useless due to the main target dying before the blast goes off, consder making it deal a DoT version of the current "bomb" damage..

Particle Smash: My gripe here is simple, the cooldown for what it does.. is simply too long..in other words, how are we meant to rupture plasma burn stacks with any reliability? [no that bomb mechanic in plasma cutter doesn't count...maybe put a rupture effect on luminescent slash?]

Frost speed: Still no version that uses the normal running animation instead of the stupid naruto arms behind back herpa derpa weeb animation... I am dissapoint [if the non stupid version isn't added, the amrket for the device will be... small to say the least.. and by extent the "want" for the lockbox will follow suit]

those aside, things are looking pretty nice, also thanks for actually listening when it came to the form and stacking stat.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Radiation Effect, could cause a small aoe (Maybe 10'-15'ft) of Toxic DoT?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User

On a serious note though: how about adding following option to Plazma Burn rupture: enemies, that are caught within rupture explosion sphere, if they have plasma burns, initiate rupture sequence on them once again, and produce AoE in their turn, so Plasma Cutter could launch "chain reaction" so to speak. Seems pretty matching theme, since it's tagged as "Radiation".

I love this idea. It seems more fitting than a Lightspeed/Lightwave/Radiation theme having a delay. ESPECIALLY see this working with the Laser Sword combo being an AoE.
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
    edited December 2016
    rtma said:

Not Toxic, but Particle then. It's not a poison (chemical compound) after all. Toxic is already - all the Infernal Set.
    edited December 2016
    rtma wrote: »

Radiation has nothing to do with Toxic damage
    Particle damage is the way to go for Radiation, and why would laser swords have toxic damage out of nowhere?
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    If there won't be time for a new passive entirely for the Laser Sword, you could alternatively change the current two "global" melee damage passives (Unstoppable & Way of the Warrior) to also boost plasma burn damage. Plasma burn, like bleeds, are mainly melee, though some ranged skills also apply it (which is the same case for bleed, some skills apply it).
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @dakrushmor
    @avianos
    yes Particle Damage then, F**K I was just thinking of the Irradiates from the Desert at the time, you know like Radiation Sickness. Toxic to your health.

Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    yinjeigh said:

I love this idea. It seems more fitting than a Lightspeed/Lightwave/Radiation theme having a delay. ESPECIALLY see this working with the Laser Sword combo being an AoE.
    This is a fairly dangerous mechanic to work with in terms of balance, as it has the potential for exponential growth. Let's say the blast does 1000 damage:

1000 x 5 targets is 5000 damage. No problem, right?

However, if those 5 targets turn around and do the same thing, each hitting each other (or other possible targets:

1000 x 5 targets x 5 sources is 25000 damage.

If the pack of mobs is big enough and each blast hits a unique target, and if the secondary blast is allowed to spread to affected targets:

1000 x 5 targets x 25 sources...125000 damage. :o

- - -

All that aside though, the living bomb mechanic isn't very useful in its current state. In any group content, your target is going to probably be dead before it can even go off, and vs bosses, there generally aren't adds close enough for it to hit. It's not very good due how much buildup is required. It'd be fine if Plasma Cutter did that naturally on a full charge since you could quickly apply it to high-hp targets that will hopefully survive for 6 seconds, but as consume-the-stacks cheese? No. Not a very good mechanic.
    Bug:
    Winter event sky is a solid blue.
  • kriss94kriss94 Posts: 88 Arc User

avianos said:

Cybernetics are also things that cyborgs have, how do you know this archetype isn't a cyborg?
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Since no one else has brought it up, I will say that the changes to the Automaton do a fair bit to change the feel. It seems like it would level a little better but there are going to be differences in gearing that may throw some off. Still, the sheer act of swapping out Overdrive for MSA does the Automaton a world of good so I look forward to the respec.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
    kaizerin said:

• 21 Cybernetic Tether OR Energy Wave
    • 30 Energy Shield OR Force Shield
    ​​
    Shouldn't the two of these be swapped in progression order? Generally block replacers come at lvl 21.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • yinjeighyinjeigh Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    aesica said:

yinjeigh said:

This is a fairly dangerous mechanic to work with in terms of balance, as it has the potential for exponential growth. Let's say the blast does 1000 damage:

1000 x 5 targets is 5000 damage. No problem, right?

However, if those 5 targets turn around and do the same thing, each hitting each other (or other possible targets:

1000 x 5 targets x 5 sources is 25000 damage.

If the pack of mobs is big enough and each blast hits a unique target, and if the secondary blast is allowed to spread to affected targets:

- - -

All that aside though, the living bomb mechanic isn't very useful in its current state. In any group content, your target is going to probably be dead before it can even go off, and vs bosses, there generally aren't adds close enough for it to hit. It's not very good due how much buildup is required. It'd be fine if Plasma Cutter did that naturally on a full charge since you could quickly apply it to high-hp targets that will hopefully survive for 6 seconds, but as consume-the-stacks cheese? No. Not a very good mechanic.
    Yeesh, good point. Though at the same time, a mechanic like that (if toned down and given max targets) could serve to make QW dailies more soloable for those without uber builds/vehicles/friends. Of course they're doable now but, it's tougher for some characters or fresh level 40s.
    @Jeighsun in-game. Feel free to add me!
    aesica wrote: »

That would be super awesome. It should be put in the live game like that for a few months. Make farming Clarence hilarious.​​
  • mcgarnacklemcgarnackle Posts: 31 Arc User
    BUG (Maybe?): Gloves of the Sniper begins doing its damage BEFORE the damage from Hand Canon and Shoulder Launcher.

I'm not sure if this has been reported or if it's WAI.

One of the advantages of using Hand Canon and/or Shoulder Launcher is as a massive first strike before the NPCs have an opportunity to react. With Gloves of the Sniper doing damage the moment the countdown begins for either power, that advantage no longer applies, which is a pretty big bonus of those slowly activating powers (which can be interrupted easily).

Not to mention, depending on the NPCs, the entire group may even kill you before you finish the countdown from Hand Canon/Shoulder Launcher if combined with Gloves of the Sniper.
    Comparing the new adv on Laser Deflection, to the most recently balanced 3 point advantage on a block, it comes out way way way behind.
    Voracious Darkness stacks up to 50% block resistance, lasts 10 seconds and doesn't lower your damage.
    While Data Conversion gives 33% block resistance, lasts 2 seconds and lowers your base damage by 10%.

The way in which they proc (melee attack or block) doesn't justify such a huge difference. If Voracious Darkness is considered normal for a 3 point adv on a block, I would much rather see copies of Voracious Darkness than copies of Laserknight.
    kaizerin said:

New Archetype: Cybernetic Warrior

Has placeholder costume and icons.
    ​​

Possible costume suggestion?

Don't know the exact process for these but it sticks to only using 4 colors and has a different silhouette than other ATs.

-Sterga
    aiqa said:

The way in which they proc (melee attack or block) doesn't justify such a huge difference. If Voracious Darkness is considered normal for a 3 point adv on a block, I would much rather see copies of Voracious Darkness than copies of Laserknight.

In fairness, Laser Knight/Data Conversion isn't micromanagey like properly maintaining VD's stacks is. While VD should be superior because of that aspect, LK/DC really shouldn't reduce attack power. 3 advantage points is already a pretty hefty cost.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    aiqa said:

Comparing the new adv on Laser Deflection, to the most recently balanced 3 point advantage on a block, it comes out way way way behind.
    Voracious Darkness stacks up to 50% block resistance, lasts 10 seconds and doesn't lower your damage.

Yeah it does; you have to block a fair amount to keep your stacks up. Not much of a problem on cosmics where you have to block a ton anyway, but it's significant if it's an opponent you don't normally expect to block.
    edited December 2016

aiqa said:

Yeah it does; you have to block a fair amount to keep your stacks up. Not much of a problem on cosmics where you have to block a ton anyway, but it's significant if it's an opponent you don't normally expect to block.
    When you don't really need to block, you don't really need the added protection. And since CO is being changed to require blocking a lot more, power balance has to reflect that and at the moment it's not even close.
This discussion has been closed.