test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game appeared to hang while patching during zone transfer, so . . .

. . . I waited for at least 1 minute, then used the Task Manager and ended the game client to shut down the game and now I cannot reconnect to the launcher. It tries 10 or so times then gives me a pop-up about it being unable to connect and for me to check my connection. I am able to do other thing online, like post this.

I have *not* shutdown or restarted my computer; other than that, I am unsure what to try.

I will also send this in as a Bug Report.

(Was trying to zone into Lemuria, got to the zone info page, filled the loading bar about half way, and was trying to patch 4 files but the patch did not show any progress for at least 1 minute.)

Comments

• Options
    fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Shutdown, restarted, and tried to launch. Task Manager listed Cryptic Game Launcher (32 bit) was it not using even .1mb and the little "trying to connect" window showed 23 tries.

Pop-up:
    Connection Problem

Unable to connect to the Patch Server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact Technical Support.

Okay, I will. :)
  • Options
    fizzex#3004 fizzex Posts: 59 Arc User
    Update: Did nothing but leave this page up and do other things on the computer, then tried to launch the game. The game runs now (patched 1 file) and the affected toon plays fine.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    On-demand patching enabled?
    Just curious.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Could your problem have happened during the issues that were affecting all Cryptic games yesterday?
    kaizerin said:

The current login issues are known and are being looked into. This is affecting all Cryptic games.

We currently do not have an ETA for when it will be fixed.​​

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Clearly on-demand patching is enabled, the game doesn't patch during zoning if on-demand patching is off.

I recommend turning on-demand patching off, but your problems yesterday were probably because of server-side issues yesterday.