What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Minigun Nerf Hype thread.

nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
edited November 2016 in Champions Online Discussion
Minigun

Damage reduced slightly.
Cost reduced slightly.

Seriously wut. It wasnt OP to begin with. So is it going to be doing 1 DPS instead of 3 DPS?
nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!

Comments

• xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    I don't know. The idea is you can use the power with other powers more easily and focus less on energy management while at the same time keeping dps in line with other sets. However, since we don't know the numbers, I can't say if this is good or bad. Ultimately, it won't be a big deal at all since the tweaks are so small it won't really have a big effect.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    xrazamax said:

Ultimately, it won't be a big deal at all since the tweaks are so small it won't really have a big effect.

Thats exactly my point.

nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    PA changes don't seem to be about "fixing" one OP power, but rather making the whole set work together in a more "even" fashion. So, yeah, the tweaks might mean little to each individual power.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    The devs are focusing and bringing the attack powers in two themes: "beams" and "missiles" so that's why they are changing. To be relevant about minigun, which used to stack a damage resist debuff 3 or 4 times with its advantage was reducing Crushing and Particle Damage by roughly 23%, and if paired with Burn Through from Chest beam you have an additional 12- 13% of stacking debuffs. That was seen as overperformed, I guess.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    gradii said:

We must hype this with a huge hype train.

PS: l like trainz
This discussion has been closed.