Install Arc
Options

Release Notes - 11/17/2016

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2016 in Release Notes
ZEN Store
  • Added Glow Eyes aura pack.

Misc
  • Made a change with costume unlock items so that they don't radically decrease framerate when viewing them in stores and bank tabs.
  • Made an additional change to the Qliphothic Warzone open missions to ensure participants get a reward.
  • Added visible numbers to the scales in the tailor UI.
  • Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper now have a short internal cooldown. This change is targeted towards the use of this piece of gear with Power Armor abilities, and shouldn't have much impact on players who aren't using PA.
  • Added 1K perks for gaining 1000 of Unity, SCR and GCR currencies: Bronze Age, Silver Age, Golden Age. Note: Because we had nothing in place to keep track of these tokens for perk purposes, existing currencies players have will not count towards these perks.
  • Added a perk for completing all of those perks: Modern Age.
  • Added Phoenix Tear to the GCR store. This device will rez players if they are defeated, however it costs 3 GCR to use.
  • Fixed a bug where the Arcane Flight animation was playing when blocking with a 2 handed block with regular flight on.

Power Changes
  • U-238 Rounds now apply Burn Through instead of its own debuff if toggled on for at least half of its duration instead of its own debuff. This is being done to tone down the number of debuffs PA can stack on a target. Note: Players who owned this advantage before 11/17 will receive a respec next week. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Increased the duration of burn through to 12 seconds.
  • Plasma Beam's (player version) damage has been reduced to make it more in line with other power armor and aoe abilities. Note: Players who owned this power before 11/17 will receive a respec next week. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • Plasma Beam's tic rate has been increased to 0.25 seconds to reduce server strain.
  • Reduced Plasma Beam's radius to 3ft (from 5) to place it in line with other Cylinder based attacks.
  • Increased Melta Cannon chance to 10%.
  • Fixed a bug where Chest Beam's cost was not increasing when using other power armor abilities alongside it.

Nighthawk Event
  • Added preview images for Nighthawk items.
  • The Nighthawk Event has been enabled. Talk with Defender in the RenCen to learn more!
  • Added Claw Jagged, Daring Belt, Daring Belt Sleek, Daring Belt Segmented and Daring Visor costumes to the Nighthawk store.
  • Added Magpie Heavy, Magpie Stealth and Bluejay Stealth vehicles to the Nighthawk store.
  • Added Nighthawk and Hawking vehicle action figures to the Nighthawk store.
  • Nighthawk Currency can now drop from all of the event mobs. Previously they could only drop from villains.
  • Fixed a bug where the Nighthawk mobs in the open world map could not drop currency.
  • Increased the daily amount to 35 (from 25).
  • The currency dropped from the Franklin Stone alert will diminish to 1 after 10 runs.
  • The Franklin Stone alert now has a rare chance to drop bind on equip versions of the costumes and action figures in the nighthawk store.
  • The Franklin Stone alert will now drop a consumable device as an additional reward.
  • Made it so Nighthawk devices can stack and changed them to scale with character level.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Ignore question. Had my Unitys and Untils confused.
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    URG Nighthawk event
    Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper now have a short internal cooldown. This change is targeted towards the use of this piece of gear with Power Armor abilities, and shouldn't have much impact on players who aren't using PA.

R.I.P
    I will never forget your Sniper Gloves
    U-238 Rounds now apply Burn Through instead of its own debuff if toggled on for at least half of its duration instead of its own debuff. This is being done to tone down the number of debuffs PA can stack on a target.

Turns out, my PA DPS is still on the same DPS output
    I prefer Burn Through, now I can time Mini Gun Debuff with Shoulder Launcher more correctly
    Added visible numbers to the scales in the tailor UI.

Any plan to add Height chart in the future?
    Made a change with costume unlock items so that they don't radically decrease framerate when viewing them in stores and bank tabs.

IT'S AMAZING, the lag finally vanishedonion-5.gif​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Ah, Retcons online strikes again. Thanks v much.
  • Options
    dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kaizerin said:

Reduced Plasma Beam's radius to 3ft (from 5) to place it in line with other Cylinder based attacks.
    ​​

What "other Cylinder based attacks"? Only Gatling Gun has 3' cylinder. 2GM has 2' cylinder, gigabolt's 10' cylinder. Plasma Beam splash was buffed once, btw, it was very narrow 1' Cylinder at very start. But even then players used it as AoE for non-PA technology themes. Who decided that nerf it back again is a good idea? GG has 100' max range, PB only has 50'. Also minigun with its advantage gets 2+3=5' cylinder width.
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

Ah, Retcons online strikes again. Thanks v much.

LOL I like that title. I'm going to start using that. :p
  • Options
    royalflvshroyalflvsh Posts: 165 Arc User
    That's bogus that the new perks don't apply to existing currency levels. I have to accumulate a thousand GCR all over again on my main? That makes no sense.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    I hope this is one of those 'Took out one Power, you can pick a Power' Retcons....
    I hate to do the whole Sha-Bang, again.
    Cos i'm fine with the changes, not gonna pick a new, different Power because of the change.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User

That's bogus that the new perks don't apply to existing currency levels. I have to accumulate a thousand GCR all over again on my main? That makes no sense.

To play devil's advocate, actually it's the ultimate act of fairness. Everyone starts at the same level again to gain those perks.

But I can see why some would be miffed.
  • Options
    qiwoqiwo Posts: 5 Arc User
    "Players who owned this power before 11/17 will receive a respec next week. We apologize for the inconvenience."
    Nice, rectoned for first hour after patch, rip 500g..
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    I'm really dissapointing this event doesn't have any other resource of tokens! (NO Drifter store doesn't count)

It's only DO THE ALERT and nothing else, really obnoxious
    I was expecting more mini dailies pig-19.gif

For future reference, please AVOID this tactic and give events more ways of farming stuff, especially for yearly events which last only 1 week

BUG: All the Cutscenes in the alert are Bugged
    1. Nighthawk knocks down your allies as well when he appears (way to go dumbass, you killed our allies as well)
    2. There are players clones during the final cutscene
    3. The cutscenes are horrible
    1AiZ5Kf.jpg
    The currency dropped from the Franklin Stone alert will diminish to 1 after 10 runs.

BUG:
    Dimish return doesn't working on some characters

Funny thing, I farmed this alert with 2 characters last night
    First Character got Dimish return correctly and in his 11th run got only 1 token'

however the second character, not only didn't got effected by Dimish return, but kept getting tokens even after the 10th run

(10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 9, 9, 9, 8, 8, 8)

and that's how I managed to farm 200 tokens in one night​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    well you can farm by zipping around and massacring Stone's thugs. each time you ko one it might drop 2.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    well you can farm by zipping around and massacring Stone's thugs. each time you ko one it might drop 2.

or 4 tokens but its rare

I know about that, but it's still a really small obnoxious grinding method​​
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    This event needs to be up for more than one week.

Edit: They made it a week longer :)
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Too close to both Takofanes and Clarence. Just not interested in another round of farming. Going to give it a miss.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yeah I skipped it last year because of the worthless rewards (Z store items? really?)
    But this year I want 3 of the costumes, I really dislike how broken the Alert Cutscenes are

I feel sorry for the AF and Vehicle collectors

The 3 belt unlocks are really underwelming and don't deserve the price they had! I only wanted Daring Belt, i got it and then got dissapointing because it looks smaller than the picture​​
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    I'm thankful that they didn't "fix" the difficulty, requiring groups of 5 or more to defeat the goons, and apart from adding new stuff to the store didn't fiddle too much with it.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    1) Players that heal (and only heal) during the vehicle fight get no credit. Not even an appearance on the scoreboard. Someone I grouped with yesterday did that, opting to just heal everyone else, and got no credit. Unsure if that translated into no reward at all, but the way they were talking if I had to make a bet I would say it did.

2) Why do the Nighthawk vendor vehicles come with two MK 1 weapons? The Takofanes vehicles came with either two MK 2 weapons or a MK 1 weapon and a MK 3 weapon.

This seems like something that should be standardized, whatever that standard is.

3) And speaking of the vehicles, last I looked there was no upgrade option in the vehicle store. When can we expect to see those?
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    The cutscenes leading to the fight with Stone are painful to listen to. The final cutscene made it seem like you were trying too hard to make him be like Batman.

They didn't add anything to the encounter when they were first added, and they still don't add anything.
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,392 Arc User
    draogn said:

The cutscenes leading to the fight with Stone are painful to listen to. The final cutscene made it seem like you were trying too hard to make him be like Batman.

They didn't add anything to the encounter when they were first added, and they still don't add anything.

Agreed, though I do find it amusing that in the first cute scene it appears as though Nighthawk takes out your entire team as well as the goons as they're standing next to you before Nighthawk appears and down on the ground afterwards.
  • Options
    guyhumual said:

draogn said:

Agreed, though I do find it amusing that in the first cute scene it appears as though Nighthawk takes out your entire team as well as the goons as they're standing next to you before Nighthawk appears and down on the ground afterwards.

The second cutscene sounds like the VA is reading from a script where each page has only a single sentence.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Pretty sure all 5 Players were supposed to appear in the scene where you talk with the Stoner...
    well at least the Pets are there
    Those Cutscenes are Aesthetically displeasing
    draogn wrote: »

The cutscenes are so bad and get old so fast that I started mocking the voices

*on extremly British Voice* Yes Snake, it's me! Master Milleeeeeeeeeeeer along with a Mix of Solid Snake and Batman voices

Nighthawk is such an obvious Batman Rip off that it's not even funny, he is trying too hard​​
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User

1) Players that heal (and only heal) during the vehicle fight get no credit. Not even an appearance on the scoreboard. Someone I grouped with yesterday did that, opting to just heal everyone else, and got no credit. Unsure if that translated into no reward at all, but the way they were talking if I had to make a bet I would say it did.

I think it also isn't tracking damage taken since there's been times my Glacier has been actively tanking but got a way lower score than others. Lack of credit for healers is obviously the far bigger issue.

Personally, I think the cutscenes are hilarious but that's coming from the view that it actually is a parody poking fun at the modern gravel voiced, srs bsns Batman instead of just a copy. And even then, it does run long and I can understand some people being tired of it.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Does this mission track tanking at all?

One thing I REALLY like about the cutscenes... the final one teleports you to the reward circle! No worrying about which building the reward is on while you fly around the map with 60 seconds left before it kicks you out.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I'm one who's generally supportive of event currencies, but this time it's really stingy.

One complete runthrough of the missions, with the various rewards, and beating up about two dozen groups of thugs got me 85 favor. The cheapest costume part is 200 favor. Ouch.

It would be good idea to add an additional method to earn favor, such as some for each miniboss (Nighthawk impostors) defeated.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    that or... more than one week. super short events are like "what?"...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    xacchaeusxacchaeus Posts: 308 Arc User
    if you grind mobs its not to hard to pick up enough favor. i had 185 left over from last year and so far ive gotten the mask, the belt and visor
  • Options
    some of the nighthawk costume pieces are the same ones you can get from the c-store nighthawk set, aren't they? if so, i'll just buy that and use the favor to grab the pieces that aren't part of the set​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    As for GRAB.... in one run I somehow managed to aggro Black Diamond Before the cutscene... no idea how. But the cutscene plays the same even if she's laying on the ground floor unconscious. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    AoE during the initial bit of combat can lure all of GRAB down to the first floor - meaning they can be defeated long before you even trigger the cutscene

which, by the way, the trigger for needs to be limited to the part of the room they're located in, because getting knocked to the ceiling on a flying character and having the cutscene start playing is SERIOUSLY annoying​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    xacchaeus said:

if you grind mobs its not to hard to pick up enough favor. i had 185 left over from last year and so far ive gotten the mask, the belt and visor

Yeah. I guess I'll farm the mobs. It's kinda sad that mobs are the better way to get favor than doing the missions.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options

AoE during the initial bit of combat can lure all of GRAB down to the first floor - meaning they can be defeated long before you even trigger the cutscene

which, by the way, the trigger for needs to be limited to the part of the room they're located in, because getting knocked to the ceiling on a flying character and having the cutscene start playing is SERIOUSLY annoying​​

I've seen them get pulled with out aoe being involved.

This is another cutscene where it's obvious the VAs are reading from a script.
  • Options

I just had it play on starting the mission. It might be that one of my team mates ran ahead, but if so they did it REALLY early.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • Options
    Same old-Same old, if you use an AoE while you are on the roof below bosses (Hurricane, Epidemic e.t.c) will hit the Bosses above
  • Options
    edited November 2016

that or... more than one week. super short events are like "what?"...

The event is two weeks.
    As far as I recall I looked at the info on the site on day one and it said that it was lasting until December 1st.
    I do not know where this one week stuff is coming from.

=============

I do agree with those looking for better currency flow, though. Grinding the flunky mobs is painfully slow and comes with no guarantees. I could fly around for an hour or two looking, fight a dozen or more groups, and still not get so much as a single coin.

Adding some coins to the location fight bosses (warehouse, bank, lab) would certainly help. Doesn't even have to be a ton... Even 5 coins would be helpful though, and they could even add diminishing returns to those right out of the gate so it would only come to 45 per day max for running each five times.

But on the bright side, they did add the vehicle upgrades to the vendors almost immediately.

That being said, I bought the Bluejay (converted Drifter salvage) and the exhaust FX is wrong. It has a single stream of fire/energy coming from one of the engines while the other has nothing.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

The event is two weeks.
    As far as I recall I looked at the info on the site on day one and it said that it was lasting until December 1st.

It's coming from contrary information supplied by Cryptic itself.

In the thread linked below the OP says that the event is for one week, but the link they give says it is for two weeks and a day.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206950/nighthawk-returns

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options

The event is two weeks.

It's coming from contrary information supplied by Cryptic itself.

In the thread linked below the OP says that the event is for one week, but the link they give says it is for two weeks and a day.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1206950/nighthawk-returns

Ah, thanks.

Now I know.
  • Options
    when i bought the upper nighthawk tights which cost me 350 favors"legendary piece colored in orange", I got the nighthawk chest piece unlock instead of the upper tights part???
    Then again when i buy the lower tights part also for 350 favors"legendary piece colored in orange"as seen on the costume preview in the nighthawk store, I got the hips layer part instead @_@???????? What the hell.

I thought the chest piece and the hips layer cost only 250 favors a piece which is the violet ones. oh crap
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    Did anyone receive this respec yet?
  • Options
    n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Arcane Mage boots seem oversized. The decorative knee guard is above the knee. If that is by design, boo. (putting this here because it's easier than finding the patch that intro'ed the lockbox)
  • Options
    hyperspherehypersphere Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Found this out the hard way today. I have a hard time understanding the logic of designing a vehicle that, if used effectively, will result in no credit. There wasn't enough time (people were dying) or vehicle energy to do damage, so I just healed. This is a pretty large oversight in my opinion. Needless to say, my teammates are on their own now.
  • Options
    rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    n8mcd said:

Arcane Mage boots seem oversized.

I Agree the length of it is a bit too tall, the knee guard sits above the knee and covers your lower quads while it should be shortened to match the height, also reveal some of the back of the calves.

Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."